HauteLeMode

killerp4yne
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

HauteLeMode

Post by killerp4yne »

I thought I'd start a thread because I just started watching this guy and I'm really curious what other GGers think? I like a LOT about him but he confuses me.

Like... His style in MY opinion is kind of awful but he roasts celebrities and fashion brands for their style. I'm just trying to figure out what makes him qualified? Like how did he start? I seriously have so many questions about his channel and can't seem to find answers anywhere.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

numeropassionfruit
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Re: HauteLeMode

Post by numeropassionfruit »

He perpetuates the bitchy white gay attitude smh...

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

He comes across as a know-it-all. A bit preachy on fashion, but has bad fashion sense. His style is god awful imo.

killerp4yne
Learner
Learner

Post by killerp4yne »

See that's how I felt too! He really praised Cardi B in a recent video and I'm sitting here thinking it's the dumbest looking outfit I've ever seen lol.

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

Some of his rants on fast fashion or big brands are annoying too, like I get fast fashion is incredibly bad but he comes across as so judgmental, some people don't have the time or the money to think about where their fashion comes from. and too be honest I don't think he's buying from ethical brands either. (so stones and glass houses and what not).

GossipersAnon
Lurker
Lurker

Post by GossipersAnon »

Can't stand the guy. He's a hypocrite at best. Whenever he sees something wearable and awesome that would flatter feminine bodies, he calls it cookie cutter and "textile waste" because it's been done before. But like, HELLO, some of us have graduated from school and are just coming into full time work money instead of part time waiter change. And he likes weird, tacky pieces for the sole purpose of throwing shade at classic clothing with clean lines.

Not to mention that when something truly revolutionary like the balloon clothing coming onto a catwalk, he thinks it's weird until he finds that the artist has a background that can easily pander to the growing liberal population and "artsy" wannabes. He's just another run-of-the-mill gay white guy living in Manhattan on his Long Island parents' money troupe.

ETA: he's not even one of the more attractive gay white guys on the scene.

pinkcoconuts
Talker
Talker

Post by pinkcoconuts »

He seems like such a hypocrite critiquing fashion especially wearing those shirts that he wears. It's almost funny watching him roast others when he seems to have 0 sense of fashion.

Also he seems to have done no research about fashion and it feels like he's just spewing information out. He lacks background knowledge and history. I feel like he's just spewing hate at this point because he knows it brings in views. It all seems like an act just to appease viewers and bring in that youtube money. Oh and his pronunciation is just plain horrible.

GossipersAnon
Lurker
Lurker

Post by GossipersAnon »

pinkcoconuts wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:06 pm
He seems like such a hypocrite critiquing fashion especially wearing those shirts that he wears. It's almost funny watching him roast others when he seems to have 0 sense of fashion.

Also he seems to have done no research about fashion and it feels like he's just spewing information out. He lacks background knowledge and history. I feel like he's just spewing hate at this point because he knows it brings in views. It all seems like an act just to appease viewers and bring in that youtube money. Oh and his pronunciation is just plain horrible.
He thinks Kris Jenner wore a good outfit because she wore Balmain and an Hermes Birkin bag. One, Balmain is outdated and belongs strictly in the 1980's. Two, Birkin bags are nothing special any more because of overexposure. And three, the Kardashians are tacky sewage. Why does he insist on sucking up to them when they don't even know he exists?

killerp4yne
Learner
Learner

Post by killerp4yne »

So I'm watching the critics choice video and thinking how did I never realize how close together his eyebrows are???

Honestly, I'm not obsessed with it, is it something I hate? Absolutely not. Is it something I love? Again absolutely not.

killerp4yne
Learner
Learner

Post by killerp4yne »

I'm watching his BAFTA review and now I truly feel if I've seen one of his videos I've seen them all, which conveniently means I can never watch one of his videos again and I won't be any further behind!

madedede
Learner
Learner

Post by madedede »

I like the idea behind his channel. Maybe I would actually watch the videos if he didn't have such a horrible fashion taste.

Mmmmbop
Learner
Learner

Post by Mmmmbop »

If he could shave that half grown thing off his face, I could pay more attention to what he's saying. Just embrace your youth and inability to grow a beard; you won't have it forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bunnybunnybunny
Debater
Debater

Post by bunnybunnybunny »

I'd say my issue is sometimes he's just mean-spirited. Not sassy or bitchy, just rude. He does make a lot of good points though. The thing that bothers me is he says things like "there's all these amazing smaller brands that nobody pays attention to," but he has yet to make a video on them?

killerp4yne
Learner
Learner

Post by killerp4yne »

bunnybunnybunny wrote:I'd say my issue is sometimes he's just mean-spirited. Not sassy or bitchy, just rude. He does make a lot of good points though. The thing that bothers me is he says things like "there's all these amazing smaller brands that nobody pays attention to," but he has yet to make a video on them?
Right? I honestly am starting to feel like sometimes he just trashes a look just to be "alternative" or just to like.... Have an opinion. Also what is with his obsession with hating Bebe Rexha? I'm not saying I love her style or even music, but as a musician myself I can say she has talent, and I've tried to trace back where his hatred of her started with no luck. He just legit hates her lol.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Anyone know what his qualifications are? I feel like he’s mentioned them vaguely but I still don’t really have a clear picture.

Ponine
Learner
Learner

Post by Ponine »

I've seen some of his videos and I wish he'd pluck his eyebrows, just a little from the middle. It's distracting honestly.

I don't remember much of what he has worn or what he has said I just enjoy people roasting things, but why would his qualifications matter? At the end of the day it's just his opinion.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

He often titles his videos “Fashion expert...” so I’m just interested to know what his background is

bunnybunnybunny
Debater
Debater

Post by bunnybunnybunny »

He really hates anything asymmetrical, lol.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:38 pm
He often titles his videos “Fashion expert...” so I’m just interested to know what his background is

He went to FIT. don’t know what he studied

Shiv
Talker
Talker

Post by Shiv »

I want to watch his content but his manner is so annoying and superior.

Return to “F-J”