Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 42)

Post by RegularToe »

rshadewinslet wrote:
RegularToe wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:22 pm
SalsaTango wrote:Sometimes I cant with the hypocrisy in this friend group.
Seriously Natalie, you're gonna post an environmental instastory about polution, when you're running around with your buddy wasting away disposable cameras, just to get some dumb pics for that dumb
Noooo don’t be so harsh... let our poor vlog squad hop around on a private jet and burn through 12 plastic water bottles per person a day !!! They deserve it!!!
Kristen is the only balanced adult in this group when you look at it that way. In terms of really attempting to be eco friendly. I’ve noticed that a lot of them make a scene about being eco-friendly when they’re being eco-friendly. They don’t seek out eco-friendly, but will highlight their usage of it if something they happen to be using is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeKind91
Learner
Learner

Post by BeKind91 »

FilofaxK wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:20 pm
alphaB13 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:17 pm
Scott needs to get some help Image
Yeah I saw that. I really thought he would be happy to see Link as he said he missed her. It's such a stark contrast to how much Todd is loving being home.
Poor Scott.
I think a big part of Scott's issues are due to his insecurities that he is not good enough. When he was on tour, he was head honcho so felt like he had a purpose but being home makes him realize he is just one of David's washed out colleagues who has a pretty good gf (i assume if shes dealing/dealt with so many of his issues) and a pretty good life that i guess he doesnt think he deserves.

Post by Guest »

BeKind91 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:14 pm
FilofaxK wrote:
alphaB13 wrote:
Yeah I saw that. I really thought he would be happy to see Link as he said he missed her. It's such a stark contrast to how much Todd is loving being home.
Poor Scott.
I think a big part of Scott's issues are due to his insecurities that he is not good enough. When he was on tour, he was head honcho so felt like he had a purpose but being home makes him realize he is just one of David's washed out colleagues who has a pretty good gf (i assume if shes dealing/dealt with so many of his issues) and a pretty good life that i guess he doesnt think he deserves.
Yeah, my thoughts on Kristen changed dramatically when Scott told her he was going to take a break from drinking and she replied sheepishly “I don’t like it when you drink.” Girl deals with a lot. His crippling anxiety, his addiction ... hope they can get the help they need to push through it.

Mwoo
Learner
Learner

Post by Mwoo »

It would be really cool if David won tonight. I honestly only knew Tana and Liza on the list of nominees but that really doesn’t mean anything. I only know Tana and Liza because of the vlogs. I started watching YouTube because I found David’s vlogs and got obsessed.
“I don’t need anyone else in my life except the Vlog Squad” - Lorraine Dobrik <3

GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GoingDownWinkyFace »

rshadewinslet wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:24 pm
BeKind9delete wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:
alphaBdelete3 wrote:
Poor Scott.
Yeah, my thoughts on Kristen changed dramatically when Scott told her he was going to take a break from drinking and she replied sheepishly “I don’t like it when you drink.” Girl deals with a lot. His crippling anxiety, his addiction ... hope they can get the help they need to push through it.
What got me was how she damn well wilted when he said it was only for a week. That was gut wrenchingly sad. That whole video was a lot and I couldn’t handle a Scott who largely refuses to do anything about his problems.

I don’t think his problem is insecurity, though. He obviously has some serious mental health problems and he’s talked about them; he self medicates with alcohol and he’s an alcoholic. The depression, and the anxiety so bad it contributed to him dropping out of college. He might feel insecure but those are the major issues and they’re big ones. What he really needs is professional help but iirc Scott doesn’t like therapists or the medication. :roll:

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

I dont think there is a bigger david fan than tana
Put your gun down or your daughter gets it

- David Dobrik 2020

https://cureouscat.me/Paschdav

You have the questions. I have the answers

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

David and Tana are at the same table. Please bless us with good stories all night.

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

alphaB13 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:30 pm
David and Tana are at the same table. Please bless us with good stories all night.
Cant wait for tana to fan girl all night
Put your gun down or your daughter gets it

- David Dobrik 2020

https://cureouscat.me/Paschdav

You have the questions. I have the answers

BeKind91
Learner
Learner

Post by BeKind91 »

GoingDownWinkyFace wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:13 pm
rshadewinslet wrote:
BeKind9delete wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:
alphaBdelete3 wrote:
Poor Scott.
What got me was how she damn well wilted when he said it was only for a week. That was gut wrenchingly sad. That whole video was a lot and I couldn’t handle a Scott who largely refuses to do anything about his problems.

I don’t think his problem is insecurity, though. He obviously has some serious mental health problems and he’s talked about them; he self medicates with alcohol and he’s an alcoholic. The depression, and the anxiety so bad it contributed to him dropping out of college. He might feel insecure but those are the major issues and they’re big ones. What he really needs is professional help but iirc Scott doesn’t like therapists or the medication. :roll:
insecurity is a huge mental health issue as well since it has taken a big toll on him. i think thats the root cause of it all and to say insecurity isnt a serious mental problem is wrong. insecurity is causing his depression, his anxiety and his self medication

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

Are they even gonna do social star of the year on live TV or is that gonna be one of those "other" awards?

SalsaTango
Informer
Informer

Post by SalsaTango »

I would be surprise if they televised the "Internet awards".
Too many famous people to waste screentime on "youtubers" i guess.

absolutetrash
Informer
Informer

Post by absolutetrash »

SalsaTango wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:51 pm
I would be surprise if they televised the "Internet awards".
Too many famous people to waste screentime on "youtubers" i guess.
"Internet People" are famous enough to be used for clicks, press and online traffic but not famous enough to get their own airtime/recognition in mainstream media.

GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GoingDownWinkyFace »

BeKind9delete wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:54 pm
GoingDownWinkyFace wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:13 pm
rshadewinslet wrote:
BeKind9delete wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:

Poor Scott.

insecurity is a huge mental health issue as well since it has taken a big toll on him. i think thats the root cause of it all and to say insecurity isnt a serious mental problem is wrong. insecurity is causing his depression, his anxiety and his self medication
Insecurity is serious but do you not think it’s more likely the depression and anxiety lead to insecurities rather than the other way around?

avocadorollsroyce
Learner
Learner

Post by avocadorollsroyce »

I'll probably get hate for this but gotta say it. Carly's Lauren-Conrad-esque-tongue-between-her-teeth grin annoys me.
I know it's stupid but it grates on my nerves, idk why.

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

He won! So cute! Sad he didn't get a real announcement though.

Mwoo
Learner
Learner

Post by Mwoo »

Yay congratulations!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I don’t need anyone else in my life except the Vlog Squad” - Lorraine Dobrik <3

wild_in_our_way
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by wild_in_our_way »

David and Bretman Rock sat through all of that for no stage time? So whack.
This is supposed to be fucking fun.

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

wild_in_our_way wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:22 pm
honestly. they need to do fewer categories if they're going to bring people to the show and rip them off like that.

wild_in_our_way
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

alphaB13 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:09 pm
wild_in_our_way wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:22 pm
honestly. they need to do fewer categories if they're going to bring people to the show and rip them off like that.
Where’s the Oscars orchestra rushing people off the stage? It really goes to show how much “social”/web stars are still deemed bottom of the barrel despite the fact that the younger generations are more supportive of them. But out of all of the award shows it’s the PCAs that should be catering to the engagement of these younger crowds as they’re the ones that actually voted via social media. I mean even the winners gave their speeches turned away from the audience because this is all about the viewers, supposedly...

wild_in_our_way
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Another one to add to the shelf.

The award itself reminds me of a kaleidoscope.

Return to “David Dobrik”