David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 42)

RegularToe
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 42)

Post by RegularToe »

I need someone on here to form a bond with someone associated with the vlog squad in literally any form and find out what happened with Gabbie. What about Jason’s nanny? Maybe she knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Character1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Character1 »

RegularToe wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 am
I need someone on here to form a bond with someone associated with the vlog squad in literally any form and find out what happened with Gabbie. What about Jason’s nanny? Maybe she knows.

Right?? I feel like david has kept it cordial with gabbie out of fear after hearing trishas video. You know damn well you must have issues when trisha seems to be the voice of reason.

smj1799
Talker
Talker

Post by smj1799 »

I wonder if joe is going to keep filming with gabbie after this
He probably will lol
She keeps trying to get with jeff through joe in the vloffice lol, another reason to believe the girl is crazy

winter_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by winter_ »

rshadewinslet wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:24 pm
BeKind9delete wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:14 pm
FilofaxK wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:20 pm
alphaBdelete3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:17 pm
Scott needs to get some help Image
Yeah I saw that. I really thought he would be happy to see Link as he said he missed her. It's such a stark contrast to how much Todd is loving being home.
Poor Scott.
I think a big part of Scott's issues are due to his insecurities that he is not good enough. When he was on tour, he was head honcho so felt like he had a purpose but being home makes him realize he is just one of David's washed out colleagues who has a pretty good gf (i assume if shes dealing/dealt with so many of his issues) and a pretty good life that i guess he doesnt think he deserves.
Yeah, my thoughts on Kristen changed dramatically when Scott told her he was going to take a break from drinking and she replied sheepishly “I don’t like it when you drink.” Girl deals with a lot. His crippling anxiety, his addiction ... hope they can get the help they need to push through it.
Yeah. This. When I realised how serious Scott's drinking is and how much it effects Kristen I became a whole lot softer towards her. From personal experience (of being the partner not the alcoholic... anyway not getting too off topic here), that shit is dark and hurts like hell,

Jays_the_snake
Learner
Learner

Post by Jays_the_snake »

rshadewinslet wrote:
RegularToe wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:46 am
GoingDownWinkyFace wrote:
rshadewinslet wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:24 pm
BeKind9delete wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:14 pm

I think a big part of Scott's issues are due to his insecurities that he is not good enough. When he was on tour, he was head honcho so felt like he had a purpose but being home makes him realize he is just one of David's washed out colleagues who has a pretty good gf (i assume if shes dealing/dealt with so many of his issues) and a pretty good life that i guess he doesnt think he deserves.
Yeah, my thoughts on Kristen changed dramatically when Scott told her he was going to take a break from drinking and she replied sheepishly “I don’t like it when you drink.” Girl deals with a lot. His crippling anxiety, his addiction ... hope they can get the help they need to push through it.
What got me was how she damn well wilted when he said it was only for a week. That was gut wrenchingly sad. That whole video was a lot and I couldn’t handle a Scott who largely refuses to do anything about his problems.

I don’t think his problem is insecurity, though. He obviously has some serious mental health problems and he’s talked about them; he self medicates with alcohol and he’s an alcoholic. The depression, and the anxiety so bad it contributed to him dropping out of college. He might feel insecure but those are the major issues and they’re big ones. What he really needs is professional help but iirc Scott doesn’t like therapists or the medication. :roll:
I’ve often wondered how/why she puts up with it. She doesn’t love David’s videos, so it’s not to be apart of that. She lived in that chaotic house for a year or so. He drinks a whole bottle of whiskey every night. Either she’s terribly codependent or Scott has some x-factor we’re unaware of.

Zane & Heath’s podcast actually talked about Scott today... it sounds like Scott has been involved in a lot of bar fights (even one where it involved everyone - Heath, Zane, Scott AND Kristen) they even said that Kristen was pulling a few punches herself. It seems she’s fiercely loyal... maybe to a fault... Scott has a lot of red flags.
They talked about it the next day in Scotts vlog years ago. Heath saved Scotts ass lol.

I found the vlog if anyones interested

GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GoingDownWinkyFace »

RegularToe wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 am

I volunteer to pump Jeff for information. Sometimes Jay, too.

yellowcat
Informer
Informer

Post by yellowcat »

I’m finding Scott too damn annoying. He’s made a tweet about how he got home from tour and not a single person messaged him. Like instead of passively aggressively tweeting why don’t you message the group inbox yourself? Or maybe your friends don’t want to reach out anymore because you always bail/cancel/are a drain to be around etc.

And inb4 “he has a mental illness” so have I - severe depression/anxiety/OCD, I was actually hospitalised when I discovered the vlog squad and it was seriously the only thing making me smile. When I got realeased from hospital and was still quite suicidal for a number of weeks until my meds stabilised I needed the vlog squad to help me not want to off myself. So in saying that: I also know how incredibly selfish and draining and illness like depression is to be around. Let’s face it, when someone is flat, moody, constantly negative it brings the vibe down. I don’t blame his friends for not wanting to be around that. Also you have to help yourself - you have to want to feel better. I’m not sure what Scott is expecting to happen that’ll make him feel better. He needs to see a therapist, then meds. Less alcohol. Better sleeping pattern. Do something other than his cringe worthy music career.

I’ve said it before but my god I find his Instagram stories sooooo irritating. I can’t articulate the voice he puts on but I hate it. It’s the same “performer” voice he uses in his songs which are also fucking cringe worthy and lame. God he’s just irritating. He doesn’t do anything to help himself it seems but expects his life to be different? Also how clumsy he is is annoying. How did you drop your phone out the window? It’s not endearing when you’re almost 30. That goes for all those guys with the severe drinking problem going no where in life. YouTube - except David and even then - it’s a viable career option. Time to stop being man babies and figure out what you’re doing with your lives.

I’m sleep deprived right now hence why majorly annoyed.
If I’m posting then it probably means I’m drunk or high on prescription meds lol don’t take me too seriously 8-)

yellowcat
Informer
Informer

Post by yellowcat »

While I’m whinging - a few of you guys have commented on it too but I’m finding David laughing during any kind of promotion now irritating too. It’s fake a fuck. I mean we all know he fake laughs for his vlogs already (seriously when people who aren’t fans of him point things out it’s usually that he has that obviously over the top fake laugh reaction to EVERYTHING, and you can see him in the background of other peoples vlogs not even looking up off his phone. He is so obviously faking it.) Anyway when he does a stupid “Seatgeek hehe is hehe an hehe amazing hehehehe app hehehehe” when he can hardly even get the words out. Basically any time he talks on his story where he is addressing the viewers directly he puts on this faux laugh. I think he does it to sound like “hehe I’m just a humble dude y’all I’m not taking myself seriously at all”. It’s just annoying. Just look at the fucking camera and say “guys merch on sale swipe up”. Not “huehhe hey guys heyehehe swipe up! if huehehe if you! Want to get huhuehehuhe some! Merch! Hueyehehue”
If I’m posting then it probably means I’m drunk or high on prescription meds lol don’t take me too seriously 8-)

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

yellowcat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:32 pm
While I’m whinging - a few of you guys have commented on it too but I’m finding David laughing during any kind of promotion now irritating too. It’s fake a fuck. I mean we all know he fake laughs for his vlogs already (seriously when people who aren’t fans of him point things out it’s usually that he has that obviously over the top fake laugh reaction to EVERYTHING, and you can see him in the background of other peoples vlogs not even looking up off his phone. He is so obviously faking it.) Anyway when he does a stupid “Seatgeek hehe is hehe an hehe amazing hehehehe app hehehehe” when he can hardly even get the words out. Basically any time he talks on his story where he is addressing the viewers directly he puts on this faux laugh. I think he does it to sound like “hehe I’m just a humble dude y’all I’m not taking myself seriously at all”. It’s just annoying. Just look at the fucking camera and say “guys merch on sale swipe up”. Not “huehhe hey guys heyehehe swipe up! if huehehe if you! Want to get huhuehehuhe some! Merch! Hueyehehue”
Its the typical sitcom laugh. People are more inclined to laugh when someone is already laughing.

I hate it as well especially during the ad reads but i dont even think he does it on purpose, he has always been like that.

It used to be the outros and now its during the promotions
Put your gun down or your daughter gets it

- David Dobrik 2020

https://cureouscat.me/Paschdav

You have the questions. I have the answers

yellowcat
Informer
Informer

Post by yellowcat »

Other annoying things, feel free to add your own!

Mariah’s dancing
Todd’s stories
Scott’s “voice” that he puts on & his music
David “laughing” all the time when he obviously is not genuine.
Cass’s stories (dancing, singing) also her mouth is weird like it looks tight the skin or something
Pretty much anyone’s stories who’s not an integral member where they are uploading so much non VS related stuff like Corinna, Reggie, insta models etc
Everything about Joe - I hate blue eyes. He seems desperate. His cash grab/fame grab ugly ass dog. Reminds me too much of Josh.
Alex Ernst - everything. Punchable face and personality. His music is cringe. His stupid stunt scripted acts - like how everyone thought that obviously staged armed holdup was real.
Matt King will always be a little punk ass bitch after the video where he “got arrested” and started throwing all his friends under the bus while having a tantrum.
Everyone in general: the collective lack of intelligence from all of them. It’s like they seem proud of being dumb at times. Is this an LA thing? US thing? A YouTuber thing? Like sure you know the latest YouTube drama but do you know anything outside of that? None of them seem to have any genuine hobbies or interests unless it directly pertains to the vlog. Are they passionate about ANYTHING? Like... the environment? Maybe being pro vaccine? How about volunteering in a soup kitchen? What about doing organised sport? Or channeling Mr Beast and being more philanthropic. Do they watch documentaries at all? Read the news paper? Know what’s going on in the world? It seems like they’re always watching crap like animate movies or romcoms. What about food - have they ever eaten middle eastern food? African food? Immersed themselves in another culture?

Sigh. I’m going to try sleep now before I explode.

ZoeSadie_
Talker
Talker

Post by ZoeSadie_ »

As a big fan of Natalie, I agree that podcast gave her no favors. She came off extremely arrogant. And the fact that so many people have been pointing out that she can be bitchy lately, shows that she is not the sweet girl David portrays her as in his videos. There is a difference between being bitchy with work related things, but it sounds like the more comfortable she has gotten around everyone, the more she shows her true colors, which are not as sweet as everyone once thought.

This also made me look at the Carly and Erin "don't like Natalie" situation differently. Not that they don't like her, but i guarantee David used them to vent about Natalie and so they know all the things David was unhappy with her about, specifically Carly. So it would make sense they were not as close with Natalie than some of the others because they knew all the negatives about her and whatever it was that made David want to fire her.

Granted David didn't come off very good in that podcast either. I keep seeing a lot of people think David is this helpless little kid that liked her so much and she is so mean to him and breaking his heart everyday. That is definitely not the case. Natalie even pointed out hes nice to her on camera and an asshole off. And if she was wanting to quit that much, they must have not been working together well at all for a while.

David has made an obvious change in the way he talks about her lately. He started recognizing all her hard work and talks very highly of her. Natalie has not made that change yet and still won't even say what he is good at and belittles him and says he is only good at vlogging and video games. She really just comes off like she is so much better than him. But she doesn vocalize how proud she is of him. By calling herself his mom, which still seems like a backhanded compliment to me. Saying your happy for him but insinuating you think of him as kid ONCE AGAIN bc she can never call him a baby enough lol.
This podcast just gave a look into what her actual personality was like and it was very dissapointing. I think her ego has gotten so big and she thinks shes the best person in that group. And everyone showering her with compliments all the time and all the guys saying they have crushes on her probably didn't help the ego department. lol. She is gorgeous don't get me wrong. But so all the other girls in that group. She is not superior to anybody in that group and I hope she knows that.

Don't even get me started on their shipbait conversation because they know exactly what it is and acting stupid about it makes them look even more stupid

Addicted2Kinda
Informer
Informer

Post by Addicted2Kinda »

Christine coming for her friends Carly and Erin :rofl:

philodendron
Debater
Debater

Post by philodendron »

Addicted2Kinda wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Christine coming for her friends Carly and Erin :rofl:
Christine is bitter as hell. Always subtweeting people as if she is any better. A few weeks ago I saw she posted a tweet saying something to the effect of "it's pathetic people drove to see a fake wedding blah blah blah". She used to be good friends with Chris so it surprised me she tweeted this bc he actually went and vlogged it with Andrew. Chris later replied to the tweet but idr what he said. Not VS related but does anyone know the tea between Chris and Christine?

Post by Guest »

yellowcat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:48 pm
Other annoying things, feel free to add your own!

Mariah’s dancing
Todd’s stories
Scott’s “voice” that he puts on & his music
David “laughing” all the time when he obviously is not genuine.
Cass’s stories (dancing, singing) also her mouth is weird like it looks tight the skin or something
Pretty much anyone’s stories who’s not an integral member where they are uploading so much non VS related stuff like Corinna, Reggie, insta models etc
Everything about Joe - I hate blue eyes. He seems desperate. His cash grab/fame grab ugly ass dog. Reminds me too much of Josh.
Alex Ernst - everything. Punchable face and personality. His music is cringe. His stupid stunt scripted acts - like how everyone thought that obviously staged armed holdup was real.
Matt King will always be a little punk ass bitch after the video where he “got arrested” and started throwing all his friends under the bus while having a tantrum.
Everyone in general: the collective lack of intelligence from all of them. It’s like they seem proud of being dumb at times. Is this an LA thing? US thing? A YouTuber thing? Like sure you know the latest YouTube drama but do you know anything outside of that? None of them seem to have any genuine hobbies or interests unless it directly pertains to the vlog. Are they passionate about ANYTHING? Like... the environment? Maybe being pro vaccine? How about volunteering in a soup kitchen? What about doing organised sport? Or channeling Mr Beast and being more philanthropic. Do they watch documentaries at all? Read the news paper? Know what’s going on in the world? It seems like they’re always watching crap like animate movies or romcoms. What about food - have they ever eaten middle eastern food? African food? Immersed themselves in another culture?

Sigh. I’m going to try sleep now before I explode.
hahahahahaha you went off and i love it.

SalsaTango
Informer
Informer

Post by SalsaTango »

ZoeSadie_ wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:06 pm
David has made an obvious change in the way he talks about her lately. He started recognizing all her hard work and talks very highly of her. Natalie has not made that change yet and still won't even say what he is good at and belittles him and says he is only good at vlogging and video games.
This is probably the part that annoyed me the most in the podcast (except for the podcast as a whole, which was a mess).
So, let me get this straight, your friend David:
- Offers you a dream job (Idc about how hard you think she works, or how awful David is to her, she's literally living in L.A., travelling all the time first class, which she loves, does crazy, funny shit all the time, and at best, works the same hours as David, so if you think David's job is great, which it is, her job is just as good)
- Gives you a car
- Let's you stay at his house, ALL EXPENSENSES PAID (imagine living in L.A., of all places, the most expensive place on earth, and finding yourself staying at a 2 million dollar house, no rent, food and bills all covered, and if you need anything that's not a gift to you, just use your buddy's credit card)
- Pays trips for you, in first class, all the time left and right
- Gave you clout and enough networking that you'll probably never have to work a regular job again (how many brand deals has she made already, and she didnt even need a youtube channel or anything)

And you're gonna belittle the person that gave you all of that, on the podcast?
Specially in the context of the conversation.
This didnt even come up on the "things i dislike about you" conversation, this was Taylor giving a random compliment, and Natalie sounding bitter as hell, going out of her way to be like "oh, he's just good at things that get a lot of attention", completely dismissing his best "asset".
First, you should never say that to a person, even in private, Its the type of criticism that doesnt get you anywhere, it isnt productive, it isnt constructive, it doesnt help. But not only did she say it, she said it on the podcast, for millions of people to hear.
It really gives that vibe that she really thinks she's better than him, and she probably thinks the amount of success he got was undeserving.

I dont know, Im not liking this Natalie at all. She looks so spotlight hungry, even the way she was trying to conduct the podcast, like she was the host.
Bleh...

P.S- Im not siding with David btw.
This kid has a lot of problems, but his problems have been obvious from the start. Natalie's flaws are now starting to show up, cuz she's been given more attention.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

SalsaTango wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:16 pm
ZoeSadie_ wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:06 pm
David has made an obvious change in the way he talks about her lately. He started recognizing all her hard work and talks very highly of her. Natalie has not made that change yet and still won't even say what he is good at and belittles him and says he is only good at vlogging and video games.
This is probably the part that annoyed me the most in the podcast (except for the podcast as a whole, which was a mess).
So, let me get this straight, your friend David:
- Offers you a dream job (Idc about how hard you think she works, or how awful David is to her, she's literally living in L.A., travelling all the time first class, which she loves, does crazy, funny shit all the time, and at best, works the same hours as David, so if you think David's job is great, which it is, her job is just as good)
- Gives you a car
- Let's you stay at his house, ALL EXPENSENSES PAID (imagine living in L.A., of all places, the most expensive place on earth, and finding yourself staying at a 2 million dollar house, no rent, food and bills all covered, and if you need anything that's not a gift to you, just use your buddy's credit card)
- Pays trips for you, in first class, all the time left and right
- Gave you clout and enough networking that you'll probably never have to work a regular job again (how many brand deals has she made already, and she didnt even need a youtube channel or anything)

And you're gonna belittle the person that gave you all of that, on the podcast?
Specially in the context of the conversation.
This didnt even come up on the "things i dislike about you" conversation, this was Taylor giving a random compliment, and Natalie sounding bitter as hell, going out of her way to be like "oh, he's just good at things that get a lot of attention", completely dismissing his best "asset".
First, you should never say that to a person, even in private, Its the type of criticism that doesnt get you anywhere, it isnt productive, it isnt constructive, it doesnt help. But not only did she say it, she said it on the podcast, for millions of people to hear.
It really gives that vibe that she really thinks she's better than him, and she probably thinks the amount of success he got was undeserving.

I dont know, Im not liking this Natalie at all. She looks so spotlight hungry, even the way she was trying to conduct the podcast, like she was the host.
Bleh...

P.S- Im not siding with David btw.
This kid has a lot of problems, but his problems have been obvious from the start. Natalie's flaws are now starting to show up, cuz she's been given more attention.
I love Natalie but she did come off as an asshole in that podcast. However, even though I totally agree with you that shes got it made, I'm glad she doesn't suck Davids ass. He's got enough people doing that. We are seeing the negative side to her but that doesn't invalidate her attributes. Shes still kind, loyal and hardworking.

I also totally agree with your rant about them being a bunch of dumbasses that don't care about anything or educate themselves.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

Character1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Character1 »

I don't feel like Natalie's "mom" remarks are a dig at david or are even significant to to david. We've heard multiple people make that comparison about her being "the mom of the group." I really think it's simply in regard to how she reacts to things like a mom. I.e. recording david as he walks the carpet. Or telling all the boys to stop messing around cuz they're late to a sponsored event.

SalsaTango
Informer
Informer

Post by SalsaTango »

Teacup30 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:34 pm
I love Natalie but she did come off as an asshole in that podcast. However, even though I totally agree with you that shes got it made, I'm glad she doesn't suck Davids ass. He's got enough people doing that. We are seeing the negative side to her but that doesn't invalidate her attributes. Shes still kind, loyal and hardworking.

I also totally agree with your rant about them being a bunch of dumbasses that don't care about anything or educate themselves.
Oh, I agree. And I was the first to applaud her for calling out David's immaturity, which the rest of the vlog squad just subtly hints at.
It was important for him to hear that, and maybe the podcast wasn't the best place to do it, but at least the point was made.

It's the putting him down on things like that, that irks me, because of how unnecessary it was. (David also must have made inappropriate comments in private for Natalie to assume that the Personal trainer thing was David taking a jab at her weight).

I think you just said this on the Datalie thread, which I agree: they really need to learn to be kind to one another, and have that common sense of knowing when to NOT open their mouths.
Not just for them, but it's such a basic social skill that seems to be lacking, specially in David, who's known for being an insensitive ass (that day when Lorraine made those chicken wings immediatly jumps to my mind).

avocadorollsroyce
Learner
Learner

Post by avocadorollsroyce »

SalsaTango wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:13 am

The friendship thing was only at the start, because of that shock factor of being friends with this guy for years, and now he's your boss.

She has developed an ego for sure (wether it's deserved or not, its still to see) and feels embarassed of being just an assistant in the grand scheme of things. That has breen pretty clear in the last few months.
She constantly pushes the narrative that she's a higher rank at "Dobrik LLC" and you'll see tids and bits of this on her social media and his vlogs.
Her telling Jason she controls the edit, her puting "executive producer of David's vlog" as a caption in one of her instagram posts, she literally calls David his partner, when ordering stuff on calls, instead of boss or employer.
I wouldn't be surprised if she asked David to hire Taylor full time, because she now sees grocery shopping and chipotle-fetching being below her level, and wants someone else do that kind of stuff.

Agree with all this Salsa. I like Natalie but I don't see why people go crazy with adoration for her. She's very pretty and smart but I never found her to be as special as everyone makes her out to be. I think since everyone started shipping her and David she's been enjoying the attention. There's nothing wrong with that, but I definitely agree she's gotten a big head over it.

I really want to know why David thought about wanting to fire Natalie--any guesses?

As for hiring Taylor full time, I can totally see that happening, but would they really have a reason to? I know he's getting bigger but David has a manager and a publicist, don't they do the brunt of the business side of David's work? I'm not saying Natalie does nothing, but would they really need a second assistant? Or is this more for Natalie to move up to like "executive" assistant, one that doesn't go grocery shopping and chipotle pickup, like you said.

beefjerky
Debater
Debater

Post by beefjerky »

The vlog squad needs to desperately go to therapy, especially Scott and David and Carly imo

Return to “David Dobrik”