Acacia Kersey: “Sustainable” Hoarder, Shoving Rosie in the Corner

notnot
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Acacia Kersey: “Sustainable” Hoarder, Shoving Rosie in the Corner

Post by notnot »

She is preachy about soo many things, but she never said she is vegan, and actually more people can be convinced to try a vegan diet if they start will predominantly plant based, then maybe vegetarian etc. Try to always do as best as you can, in other words.

So I agree with you that yes she is not truly passionate about sustainability and does it for attention, she also made sure she describes her diet in such a way that it is easy for her to defend herself to her stans.

Anyway...

I felt so bad for Rosie. Yes, it is no longer the floor, but now the stupid seat is her new home I guess. And always basically naked.

Btw I think they actually go to the doctors. We were surprised Rosie was even supposed to have a heart surgery. I am leaning towards the idea that they go, but do not do much in terms of PT. But because Rosie does not have a known symptom/disease, and it might be rare, they can get away with it because even doctors might not know what a baby like her will be reaching milestones? This would explain why they did what can be more objectively described as neglect (they got the vaccines, they go to a heart doctor etc.) but what is more vague (PT) they can just say they do sooo often but Rosie is not making progress.

All just a speculation ofc.

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

elleira wrote:drag me but I don’t give a fuck about if what she’s eating is truly vegan or not. There’s way more to pick on with this chick. It is more boring than watching paint dry to watch her stories when she “explains” her diet and tries to justify the food choice if it’s “NOT RLY VEGAN!1”

Also had no idea some people don’t consider sugar vegan? Honestly what the hell is that all about... I’m more concerned that she gives her young children drinks other than milk or water in bottles. Major don’t.
Some companies use bone char from cows to filter and bleach sugar. Nonetheless, I agree with you; I truly do not care about whether her food is vegan or not. I feel like there are more important things to address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flowerology
Informer
Informer

Post by flowerology »

Catch Acashew trying to copy Brogan’s insta stories

Although it would be amazing to hear acacia talk about her experience with Rosie, I’d bet that it’s just a copy paste of what Brogan posted, and A would be doing it for attention rather than to raise awareness. (Since she’s shown she has no interest in raising awareness in regards to Rosie and her experience)
:corn:

anonie
Debater
Debater

Post by anonie »

Saw a story she reshared of a MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING GRAD STUDENT applauding kooky for her video. Listen I’m all for people having an open narrative about mental health issues. But WHY, as a person who is in the field, are you supporting someone who is uneducated and completely idiotic in her statements regarding mental health. Just as I wouldn’t take any vaginal health info from her, I for damn sure would not listen to her uneducated ass about anything mental health related.

ACACIA SINCE YOU READ HERE:
HEADS UP BITCH, YOU CANT JUST GET YOURSELF TOGETHER AND THINK YOURSELF BEIGE RAINBOWS AND THIRFT STORE TRIPS OUT OF DEPRESSION. THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS. Talk about your truth. Not everyone else’s since you believe you have the right to comment on everyone’s ~symptoms~. You’re followers are VERY impressionable surprisingly no matter what age they are so you need to watch your shit talking about things that you don’t know anything about.

peach97
Learner
Learner

Post by peach97 »

I find it funny how much she’s posting of Rosie recently. It’s evidently to try and make the point of “hey look I really care about my other child as well!!!!!”

Lossiebee
Informer
Informer

Post by Lossiebee »

I barely watch her videos but I follow her on IG and Rosie really breaks my heart. My nephew is 7 months old and he started standing up and trying to walk last week. Rosie's over a year old and can barely sit down but they let it fly like it's "normal". Poor kid needs responsible parents, not the two dumb ass people she's got for parents.
English is not my first language, please forgive any mistakes ! <3

almond_milk
Learner
Learner

Post by almond_milk »

Lossiebee wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:48 am
I barely watch her videos but I follow her on IG and Rosie really breaks my heart. My nephew is 7 months old and he started standing up and trying to walk last week. Rosie's over a year old and can barely sit down but they let it fly like it's "normal". Poor kid needs responsible parents, not the two dumb ass people she's got for parents.
Stop comparing Rosie to other children. It’s not fair & you know it. How many times do we have to talk about this? Just because you know one baby who’s ahead on their milestones doesn’t mean Rosie should be too. Most babies don’t walk until after their first birthday. That’s babies without disabilities. We all know they could be doing so much more for Rosie, but to compare her to kids without disabilities is so disgusting.

weatethepopcorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by weatethepopcorn »

almond_milk wrote:
Lossiebee wrote:
Stop comparing Rosie to other children. It’s not fair & you know it. How many times do we have to talk about this? Just because you know one baby who’s ahead on their milestones doesn’t mean Rosie should be too. Most babies don’t walk until after their first birthday. That’s babies without disabilities. We all know they could be doing so much more for Rosie, but to compare her to kids without disabilities is so disgusting.
No need to be a dick. The whole point of their post was that acacia and Jairus clearly aren’t doing what they need to do for rosies growth. If she WAS in PT she would be sitting on her own by now. But no acacia and jairus just leave her laying on her back all damn day.

elleira
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Acacia Kersey: “Sustainable” Hoarder, Shoving Rosie in the Corner

Post by elleira »

I’m pretty sure 99% of people here comprehend that Rosemary is not a “normal” baby. But it’s still hard to not feel sad when you see other children the same age as her (or much younger) surpassing her in development. Especially when you know they could be doing more for her!! It wouldn’t fix everything but it would damn sure help...

The comparison trap is real though. Even though I know better, I find it difficult to not compare my child to others or be like “my kid has been doing that since X months old” (to myself only, bc I don’t think it’s helpful to brag about my child’s accomplishments to someone who may be struggling with a delay)

I hope they at least can pull it together for Christmas. Have these kids around FAMILY, out to see twinkly lights and decorations doing fun festive things, not just twirling around the house in potato sacks watching Disney. Get Rosemary and Brinley more stimulating toys, make crafts!! Hint mother fucking hint girl

jkaitlynco
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by jkaitlynco »

As a psychology student, I got so offended when she said everyone’s actions are based on the same things! No no no. I wish she’d do actual research or go back to school if she’s so interested in talking about psychology because she’d realize self-care and mental illnesses are not as simple as “everyone does things for the same reasons” but instead requires a deep-dive into each individual’s mental processes. Trust me, I 100% believe she struggles with a mental illness but she needs to stop thinking that the need “to feel warm and loved” is the base of everybody’s actions - I think that’s just hers.

almond_milk
Learner
Learner

Post by almond_milk »

I can’t believe so many people are liking that comment, agreeing that I’m just being a dick for saying comparison is wrong. I’m inclined to believe that anyone who thinks it’s ok to compare Rosie to the one baby you know or a list of milestones on Google must not have children. When my premature son was 5 pounds at 3 weeks old no one said “my nephew was 10 pounds at that age & yours is barely five pounds & you’re acting like he’s normal.” Yeah, maybe when the doctors wouldn’t listen to my concerns of having preeclampsia symptoms I should’ve gotten a second opinion at a different practice instead of trusting them, but hindsight is 20/20 & that doesn’t make it okay to compare him to another child.

Now, I know that’s not the same because Acacia could be doing so much more for Rosie, & she knows what she could be doing to help her while I didn’t know I had preeclampsia. & yes, it’s fucked up that Rosie’s not in PT. We get it, she’s extremely behind on her milestones & her parents just stick her in a Bumbo seat & act like everything’s okay & force her to “sit” & “crawl” when she clearly can’t. But there’s no proof that she would be able to sit up if she was in PT, yet everyone seems to be armchair diagnosing her. Let’s open our minds, look past our dislike for Acacia, & think about how we would be treating a baby that wasn’t hers. Would we still be ok with comparing Rosie to a random 7 month old? Doubt it.

notnot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by notnot »

almond_milk wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:19 am
I can’t believe so many people are liking that comment, agreeing that I’m just being a dick for saying comparison is wrong. I’m inclined to believe that anyone who thinks it’s ok to compare Rosie to the one baby you know or a list of milestones on Google must not have children. When my premature son was 5 pounds at 3 weeks old no one said “my nephew was 10 pounds at that age & yours is barely five pounds & you’re acting like he’s normal.” Yeah, maybe when the doctors wouldn’t listen to my concerns of having preeclampsia symptoms I should’ve gotten a second opinion at a different practice instead of trusting them, but hindsight is 20/20 & that doesn’t make it okay to compare him to another child.

Now, I know that’s not the same because Acacia could be doing so much more for Rosie, & she knows what she could be doing to help her while I didn’t know I had preeclampsia. & yes, it’s fucked up that Rosie’s not in PT. We get it, she’s extremely behind on her milestones & her parents just stick her in a Bumbo seat & act like everything’s okay & force her to “sit” & “crawl” when she clearly can’t. But there’s no proof that she would be able to sit up if she was in PT, yet everyone seems to be armchair diagnosing her. Let’s open our minds, look past our dislike for Acacia, & think about how we would be treating a baby that wasn’t hers. Would we still be ok with comparing Rosie to a random 7 month old? Doubt it.
There is a small evidence that they neglected PT. There was a clip of Rosie early after she left hospital and she could hold her neck way better then than even weeks or months later in their care. It finally got better some time ago but it was suspicious to say the least. I agree we do not know how much it would help if they did regular PT. The a week or so ago, there was a clip of Jairus doing a PT move with Rosie and forcing her legs under her and it seemed rather harsh and like they do not do it often. She cried during it, which I will not react to because I am not sure if that is always a bad sign with PT, sometimes in recovery from injuries any movement can hurt but it is necessary to keep practicing it. It was more the way it was done that was odd. But this is more of a subjective impression. Rosie going from being able to hold the head to not being able to do it was way more of a warning sign.

BTW I hope that maybe Acacia is starting to bond more with Rosie. I also saw on insta that they now have a bunch of toys in their room. Not sure how many of them are Rosie's but there was a lot of color, which was good to see.

almond_milk
Learner
Learner

Post by almond_milk »

notnot wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:43 am
almond_milk wrote:

There is a small evidence that they neglected PT. There was a clip of Rosie early after she left hospital and she could hold her neck way better then than even weeks or months later in their care. It finally got better some time ago but it was suspicious to say the least. I agree we do not know how much it would help if they did regular PT. The a week or so ago, there was a clip of Jairus doing a PT move with Rosie and forcing her legs under her and it seemed rather harsh and like they do not do it often. She cried during it, which I will not react to because I am not sure if that is always a bad sign with PT, sometimes in recovery from injuries any movement can hurt but it is necessary to keep practicing it. It was more the way it was done that was odd. But this is more of a subjective impression. Rosie going from being able to hold the head to not being able to do it was way more of a warning sign.

BTW I hope that maybe Acacia is starting to bond more with Rosie. I also saw on insta that they now have a bunch of toys in their room. Not sure how many of them are Rosie's but there was a lot of color, which was good to see.
She clearly just had Jairus do it for the camera to make it seem like they do it, which is one of the many reasons we know she reads here. She wanted to be all private about Rosie’s health until we were calling her out so much. Now she’s trying to prove something without actually addressing it, because she’d be admitting she reads here. Also showing that she’s taking Rosie to her checkup & posts a pic of her in the doctors office, she starts bringing a reusable cup to Starbucks after we bring it up, spelling caramel correctly after we point out that she spelled it wrong five times, trying to prove that Jairus doesn’t have an eating disorder, posting more pics of Rosie. Like girl, we know you’re here.

Mads07
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mads07 »

weatethepopcorn wrote:
almond_milk wrote:
Lossiebee wrote:
No need to be a dick. The whole point of their post was that acacia and Jairus clearly aren’t doing what they need to do for rosies growth. If she WAS in PT she would be sitting on her own by now. But no acacia and jairus just leave her laying on her back all damn day.
I also don’t think I recognise that username or they haven’t posted in this specific thread before so they may not know what we’ve talked about a lot. It’s not that big of a deal.

dufflepuff
Talker
Talker

Post by dufflepuff »

anonie wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:23 pm
Saw a story she reshared of a MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING GRAD STUDENT applauding kooky for her video. Listen I’m all for people having an open narrative about mental health issues. But WHY, as a person who is in the field, are you supporting someone who is uneducated and completely idiotic in her statements regarding mental health. Just as I wouldn’t take any vaginal health info from her, I for damn sure would not listen to her uneducated ass about anything mental health related.

HEADS UP BITCH, YOU CANT JUST GET YOURSELF TOGETHER AND THINK YOURSELF BEIGE RAINBOWS AND THIRFT STORE TRIPS OUT OF DEPRESSION. THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS. Talk about your truth. Not everyone else’s since you believe you have the right to comment on everyone’s ~symptoms~. You’re followers are VERY impressionable surprisingly no matter what age they are so you need to watch your shit talking about things that you don’t know anything about.
The mental health counseling grad student made it sound like Acacia has been the only person who has ever spoken about mental health, but I can think of so many other influencers who are 100% more qualified to talk about the subject than her. Acacia acts like she did something special when her self-care tips are something I learned from day 1 of therapy.

Cloud
Debater
Debater

Post by Cloud »

almond_milk wrote:

Don't you think you are just a tiny bit subjective and projecting your feelings onto Rosie? Calm down. Comparison is normal and human. Just because people won't compare in real world out of curtesy, doesn't mean we don't do it regardless, especially with children. We don't know for sure that Rosie would be doing so much better if she was in regular PT and OT, but I am inclined to think so, although we will never know for sure. No one is trying to shame Rosie for not being able to do something, just her two shits of parents who don't care enough about her to try beyond the lowest minimum.

anonie
Debater
Debater

Post by anonie »

jkaitlynco wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:54 am
As a psychology student, I got so offended when she said everyone’s actions are based on the same things! No no no. I wish she’d do actual research or go back to school if she’s so interested in talking about psychology because she’d realize self-care and mental illnesses are not as simple as “everyone does things for the same reasons” but instead requires a deep-dive into each individual’s mental processes. Trust me, I 100% believe she struggles with a mental illness but she needs to stop thinking that the need “to feel warm and loved” is the base of everybody’s actions - I think that’s just hers.

You’re spot on. I was a psych major & ended up going into the field of behaviorism. Literally beginning psych classes & even child development classes cover the basics. Shit, she could have even googled something’s and at least SOUND like she knew what she was talking about. I don’t think she realizes how stupid she sounds. She makes mental health and psychology seem like it’s so easy to understand when it is such a complex field of study. Just because you have a mental illness does not mean you understand ALL mental illness. She’s a twat.

almond_milk
Learner
Learner

Post by almond_milk »

Cloud wrote:
almond_milk wrote:

Don't you think you are just a tiny bit subjective and projecting your feelings onto Rosie? Calm down. Comparison is normal and human. Just because people won't compare in real world out of curtesy, doesn't mean we don't do it regardless, especially with children. We don't know for sure that Rosie would be doing so much better if she was in regular PT and OT, but I am inclined to think so, although we will never know for sure. No one is trying to shame Rosie for not being able to do something, just her two shits of parents who don't care enough about her to try beyond the lowest minimum.

But that’s exactly what happened. Rosie was shamed because she can’t do something another child can. The comment didn’t say “Rosie might be doing better if her shit parents took her to PT,” which I would’ve agreed with. My reaction was appropriate. Why are you responding just to gaslight me (“calm down”)? If you don’t like what I say, keep scrolling.

Badwulf
Informer
Informer

Post by Badwulf »

anonie wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:23 pm

Sometimes I think Acacia doesn't lurk on here or on opinion Twitter as much as we think. Her opinion accounts (who also lurk/post here) have a shitty habit of constantly messaging her, so I feel like she gets a lot of info just from that.
Which is so fucking annoying and weird, & it's why I prefer gossip forums like Pull and lolcow because they don't approve of contacting whoever is being talked about/their family.

Badwulf
Informer
Informer

Post by Badwulf »

almond_milk wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:20 pm
Cloud wrote:
almond_milk wrote:

But that’s exactly what happened. Rosie was shamed because she can’t do something another child can. The comment didn’t say “Rosie might be doing better if her shit parents took her to PT,” which I would’ve agreed with. My reaction was appropriate. Why are you responding just to gaslight me (“calm down”)? If you don’t like what I say, keep scrolling.

Sorry, not sorry about double posting, but this fight is getting old.
Take your own advice and keep scrolling if you don't like seeing the comparisons and stop taking it to heart just because you don't like people comparing YOUR baby. This is a gossip/opinion site, people are going to *gasp* gossip and put out their opinions.
Stop trying to police the conversation because it makes YOU uncomfortable.

Return to “acaciacutie”