Bratayley- Barely Hanging By a Thread- Part 16

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bratayley- Barely Hanging By a Thread- Part 16

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

chloesweb85 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:51 pm
I don’t know anything about Natalie. Julian was posting happy anniversary photos of his parents while she was seeing Billy. Maybe his dad knew and they hadn’t told him yet.

What’s not attractive about an unemployed 40 year old man who exploited his kids for money and hangs out with teenagers?

Just realized something interesting (not saying it means anything).

The whole RYH, they didn’t sing LDYK, Billy did something to one of the moms fiasco and then the big break up with Hayden was March/April 2018.

Billy and Natalie were cuddled up at one of those YouTuber meet ups May 2018.

Wait, what happened? I remember them pulling LDYK, i remember them saying it was because it didn’t fit in the set or something? But i know Now to take their “excuses” with a grain of salt since the real reason is something a lot more shady and shitty than just “it didn’t fit in the set”

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by chloesweb85 »

I may have some details wrong, but from what I remember back in March 2018 the RYH gang was at national harbor. It was posted on Instagram before the show/Annie experience that Billy was causing a scene backstage. He demanded Annie close or he would pull her out of the show. He was “bullying” someone’s mom (I assume Haydens) and told RYH to get rid of Hayden. Haydens brother stepped in and Billy left and said Annie wasn’t doing LDYK. Pictures from that night show everyone out after the show except for the Leblancs. In the vlog you see Katie and the girls leave the next morning from the hotel alone.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

ETA: after that is when Nicole from RYH was posting “the summeralls would never demand we not work with Annie.” Then followed up with “not that Katie would do that” so that was kind of confirmation about what went down. Of course only those who were there really know.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

chloesweb85 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:10 pm
I may have some details wrong, but from what I remember back in March 2018 the RYH gang was at national harbor. It was posted on Instagram before the show/Annie experience that Billy was causing a scene backstage. He demanded Annie close or he would pull her out of the show. He was “bullying” someone’s mom (I assume Haydens) and told RYH to get rid of Hayden. Haydens brother stepped in and Billy left and said Annie wasn’t doing LDYK. Pictures from that night show everyone out after the show except for the Leblancs. In the vlog you see Katie and the girls leave the next morning from the hotel alone.
That’s right! This was the experience that makes me think that Billy is toxic for the fame and money. And even though it’s obvious now with his YT channel and desperate videos with semi famous teens and now his crappy vlogs (someone claimed that a reason Katie and the girls quit vlogging was also cause Billy took the camera’s back and that the last few vlogs were on bad phone camera quality while Billy’s were clearly on a vlog camera). But I am sure if these unseen moments were really happening and as toxic as it sounds, it makes sense for Annie to naturally pull away from her father. But what i don’t get is why did she keep doing music? It’s not like she has a contract with anyone since she was an independent artist and no one was controlling her. She seemed to not like music and is now showing to have pulled out of music. But why now? She didn’t have to quit vlogging to quit music. If that makes sense. Like they quit vlogging, but she was talking about making and releasing an EP. is that even happening?! She completely ghosted from social media except to use her relationship to stay relevant.

But i digress. I can see Billy being toxic in that way. He needed to be that way to get his daughter to the top cause her talent wouldn’t do it for her.

BeautyGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by BeautyGirl »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:27 am
w0mbat wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:05 am
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:45 pm
BeautyGirl wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:14 pm
lmmomSD wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:43 pm

Somehow I missed the post above about the Asher interview. Now I see what you're talking about. I'll have to check it out...
Def checking out that interview. Maybe since Annie isn’t filming anymore he’s losing interest. Not gonna lie, he kinda creeps me out. I never knew an 18 year old interested in a 15 year old. Not to mention how hard he tries at 18 to keep her interested. Just something off about him to me. He seems very immature. Someone mentioned fans wondering if he’s gay, I’ve wondered that myself. Just a random thought to add, I wish they stayed in MD. YouTube became what it was because it was every day people with everyday lives.
In the same interview (i think) he mentions that she “just gets him” which to me sounds like something you say cause it sounds romantic and cute but you have nothing more in depth to say. Like she gets you...how? In your humor? Your intelligence? Your creativity and work ethic? To me saying “she just gets me” is a sign of not a strong bond. And i get That they are teenagers. But there are teens who can have relationships deeper than Tik Tok and instagram photos.
Sounds like he's describing a friendship.

I remember being around 16 when I realised I could like a guy without liking them romantically... I couldn't differentiate between friendship fondness and being romantically attracted to them.

I feel like there's prob some kind of genuine affection there but maybe not the kind they make it out to be. The whole set up gains Asher some adoring insta fans and in return, provides Annie some form of stable family situation.

PS there's a meme with a kid in spongebob PJs and he has an unimpressed look on his face... it totally looks like a 3yo Asher
I remember dating in high school. It was really innocent. Holding hands in the halls, pop kisses, cuddling at lunch and then we would hang out at the mall by our house on Friday nights. But those days we weren’t acting like little adults. We weren’t sleeping in each other’s beds or flying to other states to see them or being with them exclusively every single day. Especially in Annie and Asher’s case it seems like neither of them have an individual life outside of each other. Which is why I’m hesitant to compare my relationships at that age to now because even in 2005 they say we dressed, acted and did is so different from today’s kids. They be 14 years old out there dressing and looking and acting like they are college seniors. My prom photo’s were cringy in our chiffon dresses with all the glitter on it to what they wear now looking like they are going to the Academy Awards.

I’m not saying that they are mature beyond their years just cause they have good skin care routines and can do their makeup to not look like MiMi from The Drew Carrey Show and they dress grown up. But it seems like relationships in today’s youths are much more advanced than when i was 16.

I mean I don’t have any teens and i work primarily with elementary schoolers so iido if this behavior is normal for teens in today’s world or if this behavior is just an Instagram thing cause it’s just more for their followers to envy.
I feel they’re more advanced nowadays because parents are no longer doing their jobs. They will make sure their kids have a roof, food, medical and for the most part school but no discipline, no rules. They prefer to be friends. Kids rule the roost. It’s disgusting. Parents don’t care about innocence actually raising their children anymore.

BeautyGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by BeautyGirl »

xxkittycatgirlxx wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:51 am
You can hear her in his vlogs. She’s usually the one holding the camera. She beautiful. I’m happy for him though. It seems Hollywood was more Katie’s thing then his. She was always jet setting back and forth from MD to CA with the kids. Then was in CA full time. I honestly think that the marriage was over way before it was actually over. One of those types of things as opposed to a bad divorce.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

BeautyGirl wrote:
xxkittycatgirlxx wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:51 am
You can hear her in his vlogs. She’s usually the one holding the camera. She beautiful. I’m happy for him though. It seems Hollywood was more Katie’s thing then his. She was always jet setting back and forth from MD to CA with the kids. Then was in CA full time. I honestly think that the marriage was over way before it was actually over. One of those types of things as opposed to a bad divorce.
Hollywood may have been more "Katie's thing", but Billy sure liked the money, and he certainly bullied his way around Brat and RYH. He even had a part on Chicken Girls. I don't buy for a minute that he was reluctant to be in LA. And now he's doing stupid challenge videos with young teens, desperate to hang on to a following and the easy money.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I really Only think Katie was into the LA thing because it was a distraction and maybe even fulfilling her own teenage dream. We have said for a while it seemed like she was living vicariously through Annie. But for Billy, i think It was always about the cash flow. If stories about him throwing fits to make Annie the closing act and onstage the longest, among other things then it really says a lot about what his intentions for this whole endeavor was. Not too mention it was him who pushed Annie into singing. It wasn’t Katie. Katie just seemed to like being distracted. Even when Caleb was alive she seemed to be trying to get them into acting with the commercials and BMH. She obviously wanted that life for her kids even before Caleb passed away. But the way it seemed like she would disappear in that house. Like she couldn’t be there, had to be the one traveling with Annie instead of switching like she said she would. Her behavior in the beginning and even during the Hannie days screams stage mommy who is living her dreams through her child. But for Billy, he was obviously all about the money.

Either way, Annie was their disposable toy to use for their own selfish gain. Katie just gets away with it because her vicarious living is probably less obvious than her father who said you have to do this and then threw fits to make sure Annie was being treated better than everyone else.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

In my opinion they are equally to blame. You can’t live off the exploitation of your kids for almost ten years without both parents being all in. I agree for different reasons. I think Katie wanted famous kids whether it was for gymnastics, musically, it didn’t really matter.

I think I’ve said this before, but I think billy wants to be the star. He was making his little emo videos before Brataley. He wanted the fame for himself. Even when he attacked Liv he seemed more upset that she might gain subscribers than what she actually said. Then he meet Hayden and used him to launch Annie’s “career” and get his connections in Hollywood. When he was done, Hayden was publicly humiliated and discarded. I think billy hated the fact that Hayden grew in popularity because of “his family” Same thing happened with Katie D.

Billy puts himself in front of the camera at every opportunity. He’s in random brat episodes, Annie’s music videos, and now has his very own channel. He doesn’t need Annie, Hayley, or Katie anymore so they were also discarded. He even said they didn’t need them. He was off having the time of his life with Andrew during Christmas while his kids had to pretend they were totally cool with it.

Don’t get me wrong I hate how Katie treats Hayley and I don’t understand where it comes from. I hate that she gave up on parenting. I think Katie needs some serious therapy alone and with the girls to work all this out. I don’t have any hope for billy.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I ‘m sitting here agreeing with everything you said about Billy. I didnt Know he was in Annie’s music videos. Weird. But the way you explain how he uses people and throws them away is so true and i didn’t think about it until you said it, that when his fame became self sufficient he didn’t even need his own family anymore so he left them... in my head I’m saying that slowly to process exactly what you said because it’s so clearly true. The cheating scandal with the woman he is now seeing. He left his family. It explains why Annie wants nothing to do with him and Hayley seems even distant.

Annie might have more say now that the vlog camera’s are put away (or taken back by Billy) in continuing the career since this past year it was slowly becoming less busy. Less music is/was being produced last year. Brat even seems to be slowing down and the work she does on Nick is probably over too (did they even release the second season of LeBake Off or did it become Annie vs Hayley and was the summer pool party videos the most recent season of that?) anyways, maybe now that they are quietly ending the careers Katie can and is giving both girls equal attention. Annie’s reign as tween idol is also falling off the throne as her fans are getting pissed that she pays them no attention on Social media claiming she is busy but as we all know busy is just the code word for something bigger is happening that they will never talk about.

But thinking that if Billy really was the one who wanted the fame for himself and seeing as HE put himself in front of the camera more often than Katie and was even in all the Brat stuff and music videos and he even was in something that they filmed with Katie D and Annie before they moved to LA. Katie never did anything that would make you think she wanted the spotlight for herself but Billy always did. Now he has his own personal channel and vlogging and filming with teens and people actually watch him. He doesn’t need his own family anymore. How sick and sad for those girls that when his career was so high he didn’t need his daughters anymore, he left them. Cheated on his wife and moved on... wow... i just don’t know how people can do that. I know Others have treated their families way worse. But you abused your children by exploiting them for the world and then when they weren’t needed anymore you left...

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

So, everyone is dressed casually except Annie, in her little satin slip dress. And dirty white sneakers.
Question: what is the Angel family obsession with Gucci? They're wearing Gucci _something_ in pretty much every picture they post. It screams nouveau riche.
Petty, mean statement to follow: Annie's crap diet is catching up with her. Don't get me wrong-- she is nowhere near fat. But she is not as teeny tiny as she was. Her face is getting rounder, and her arms are getting bigger. I don't mean to imply that she is fat. Because she is far from it. And I know I shouldn't even say anything, because girls are under too much pressure to be #skinnygoals as it is. But if she continues to eat the way she does, or at least the way she shows herself eating, her genes are going to get her in trouble. Yes. I am petty and catty. But one of the things people are always saying about her is how her little stans worship her because she is skinny and has clear skin.
I'm going to crawl back under my rock now. ImageImage

BeautyGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by BeautyGirl »

I don’t see it as Billy not needing his own family. I think the marriage was over before LA. LA was more of what put the physical distance between them to solidify the divorce. Billy was in MD during most of the LA vlogs when the stayed in that tiny apartment. Personally I think Billy moved to be closer to his girls. Once you’re in the public eye it’s not so easy getting a “regular” job. So I can see him continuing YouTube. He shouldn’t have to stop just because his ex wife did. The girls don’t want to be in vlogs. He mentioned in his Christmas vlog that he would show the girls if they wanted to be filmed. He never showed them. Not saying he’s innocent, nobody is. Just saying I see it all from a different perspective.

BeautyGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by BeautyGirl »

lmmomSD wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:52 pm
So, everyone is dressed casually except Annie, in her little satin slip dress. And dirty white sneakers.
Question: what is the Angel family obsession with Gucci? They're wearing Gucci _something_ in pretty much every picture they post. It screams nouveau riche.
Petty, mean statement to follow: Annie's crap diet is catching up with her. Don't get me wrong-- she is nowhere near fat. But she is not as teeny tiny as she was. Her face is getting rounder, and her arms are getting bigger. I don't mean to imply that she is fat. Because she is far from it. And I know I shouldn't even say anything, because girls are under too much pressure to be #skinnygoals as it is. But if she continues to eat the way she does, or at least the way she shows herself eating, her genes are going to get her in trouble. Yes. I am petty and catty. But one of the things people are always saying about her is how her little stans worship her because she is skinny and has clear skin.

Her body changing is probably just part of her growing up. Back in high school I knew a lot of kids who were bigger then they were in jr high. Think of the difference between freshman and senior year.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

BeautyGirl wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

Her body changing is probably just part of her growing up. Back in high school I knew a lot of kids who were bigger then they were in jr high. Think of the difference between freshman and senior year.
You're probably right. I know it was silly and lame of me to point out. Honestly, I don't think I would have if there wasn't a lot of discussion here about how bad her diet is and how they order 2 pizzas for just her and Katie, and how she is lucky to still be so skinny.
And again, I want to reiterate that she is FAR from fat. But she is setting up habits that are going to be hard to break. She only makes the vegetables in the box kits because "Asher will eat them". I don't think I've ever seen vegetables cross her lips voluntarily.

Post by Guest »

Isn't Annie 15 now? Yeaahh, her metabolism isn't gonna be as merciful as when she was younger, and won't be as kind as it is right now in a few years.

rosieposie16
Learner
Learner

Post by rosieposie16 »

In the picture, her arms do look a lot bigger than they once did. I do think part of it has to do with her lack of gymnastics and eating all that crap food, but I also wonder if part of it has to do with puberty in general. Idk.

Another thing, a thinking-out-loud type of question I guess, Do any of you think that Annie was ever jealous if Caleb and Hayley having full, curly brown hair, while her's is black, straight and somewhat thin-looking? Or do you think Katie may have put her hair on a pedestal as having easier to manage? I've always wondered about the beauty standards in the house. I know that they straighten Hayley's to the point of it being a little damaged, and Annie always seems to need whatever "magic' Paige was working. Just wondering what you all think.
"So I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

Just had a thought-

Billy and Katie never switched like they were supposed to. Hayley went with Billy and he took her to set. Hayley worked on Mani where Julian’s mom would also be.

I can see how that could be an issue.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

chloesweb85 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:00 am
Just had a thought-

Billy and Katie never switched like they were supposed to. Hayley went with Billy and he took her to set. Hayley worked on Mani where Julian’s mom would also be.

I can see how that could be an issue.
Exactly! That was one of the big complaints was that they said that they would switch and then it ended up being Katie with Annie on all of her trips for work/sponsors and Billy and Hayley at home. He even hired Paige to be a live in nanny to be with Hayley. And yeah he would take her to Mani most days and Katie went with Annie.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

I'm not sure if I phrased that correctly. I meant that Katie wouldn't want to be hanging out with Natalie all-day, not that Billy "fell in love" with Natalie because he always had to take Hayley.

Post by Guest »

lmmomSD wrote:

I noticed this too. But I also noticed that she doesn't look quite like this in her own Instagram photos. Most likely whoever posted this just didn't make sure to find the most flattering angle or filter this picture like she personally would.

It just goes to show that she's just a normal kid. Not blessed with any super genes.

Return to “Bratayley”