Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

Post by monak »

I think Ryland is intimidated by Jeffree.

Post by Guest »

The ending to this felt so...weird. A montage with teary eyes watching the product come to life, as a song plays about never being the popular one doesn't really work for a rich YouTuber with millions of subscribers discovering he's about to be a millionaire from selling items he never had a passion for. Now, if this were a struggling artist finally getting a chance and seeing it unfold, then it might be touching.

The only dream we're witnessing becoming a reality is him being a millionaire. That's it. And this series has done nothing to show us why we should be rooting for it.

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by AnniaDrama »

sophiuhh wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:43 pm
NingBing wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:34 am
I honestly felt sorry for Anna (i think her name was?), she looked so excited when she was presenting all the different ’boxes’, and then started to look sadder and sadder... idk I just felt a bit bad for her (I always do when someone’s clearly excited and happy with something and then gets shot down). But oh no, Shane ”didnt know enough about make up” but now that ”he is a beauty guru queen who knows everything”, he doesn’t like his ideas anymore oh no 🙄
(I guess I do agree that you shouldn’t really just ”settle” for something and really love what you’re making [lol as if he is making it but hopefully I make sense], but when there’s such a close deadline, maybe he should’ve just done that).
And I feel like they did a good job bringing his vision to life, but now he doesnt like it anymore. Was there no contact at all when they were in the process of creating the design of the boxes, so that he wouldn’t need to change his mind last minute?

Bless you Anna, I’m sorry you had to work with such an annoying person lol
YES! I especially hated the part where she brought out the TV prototype, it was what Shane had said he would like, she mentioned she whipped it up in a short amount of time, she was so excited with the lock feature and explaining it just for Shane, who knows nothing about packaging and apparently knows nothing about the fact that a prototype might not be perfect but can be tweaked once they find the issues, to be there nitpicking the lock feature and being so quiet and judgy, meanwhile she's scrambling to explain that those things can be fixed and that it's a very rough draft because of how sudden the request was and blahblablah, meanwhile, like you said, Shane is just there, not even answering, acting like it's the worst thing he's ever seen. YET HE'S THE ONE THAT DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT HE EVEN WANTS.
He had to pretend he was hands on something in this collab for the cameras. He didn't do anything as to researching the formula, testing different fornulas and stuff in the lab, choosing a color story, market research, even come up with the general ideas for the pallet that was all Jeffree Star Cosmetics. He's already pretending he's into makeup, so he better keep up the facade and at least pretend he's giving imput on something and has done something. Yet he still comes across as a lazy ass who doesn't care enough to know what he wants and have his own ideas like anyone excited with a project would. That the stans don't see through this act doesn't surprise me anymore.

Daisyyvelise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Daisyyvelise »

Dutchessie wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:02 pm
Thank you all for the updates on the series. I just can't bring myself to watch it.

I agree with the strange vibes between Ryland and Shane. Shane used to be so weird to Lisa and you can see him taking Ryland for granted more and more. He's so obsessed with Jeffree and since he'll be banking big time everyone around him must praise and accommodate him. I don't like Ryland, but I give him credit for not just ass kissing J and stop living completely because of Shane's insane 'work' schedule.

I feel like the next episodes will probably be the launch and the launch meet and greet. God knows when that episode will be released.

With regards to the lack of drama. I really think someone stepped in or threatened with legal actions when they saw the trailer. Tati wanted to end the public discussion, she and James seemed to care for eachother outside the public eye and I think she hated how jeffree worked himself into the drama with his snakelike ways. Either way, it would defer from the main goal of this series : funding Shane's retirement.

I'm really despising Shane at this point. The lack of respect for his viewers with this 9 hours of promo and self gloating 'documentary'.
If James sued them when the scandal first happened would they even be allowed to include it in the series? He removed some other drama stuff and apparently a wjole episode so I think it was just him. Sam spoke about it 3 tines then when he was with James over the summer was snapping away at his house. Also Shane knew of the twins threw Sister Squad and his favorite video of theirs was with Jeffree...*eyeroll*

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

Prices according to Reddit (as per description box):

Conspiracy Palette - $52

Mini-Controversy Palette - $28

SHANE x JEFFREE Palette Bundle $72

Shane x Jeffree Conspiracy Collection Bundle (All Makeup + Black Imprint Travel Bag) - $210

The Gloss: Shane Glossin’ clear gloss - $18

Diet Shane lip balm - $18

Velour Liquid Lipsticks ($18):

Shane

Are You Filming?

Jeffree, What the Fuck?

Ryland

I Gotta Go

Oh My God

Shane x Jeffree Velour Liquid Lipstick Pig Bundle - $90

ETA: apparently these prices are in the description box of the video, plus some merch prices

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

Yeah standing behind the people who actually do the work crying and hugging is just ridiculous.

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

PiinkFart wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:44 pm
You guys should read the comments on the trailer:

A lot of his fans are saying they wasted their time, and they're hurt / feel lied to because the trailer is nothing like the actual series.
Funny, I mostly see stans praising him and defending this series under comments someone dares to have common sense and call it for what it is.

RegularToe
Informer
Informer

Post by RegularToe »

Happy_one wrote:
WanderingWeirdo wrote: The ending to this felt so...weird. A montage with teary eyes watching the product come to life, as a song plays about never being the popular one doesn't really work for a rich YouTuber with millions of subscribers discovering he's about to be a millionaire from selling items he never had a passion for. Now, if this were a struggling artist finally getting a chance and seeing it unfold, then it might be touching.

The only dream we're witnessing becoming a reality is him being a millionaire. That's it. And this series has done nothing to show us why we should be rooting for it.
He's already a millionaire.
https://www.businessinsider.com/shane-d ... ies-2019-9
This. The fact that he’s already so wealthy and everyone stans but acts so poor and overwhelmed. It’s him using the fall out of his scandals for sympathy. There was never a real financial fall out for him. He didn’t get to do everything he wanted. People get turned down every day in “the business.” People forget that Shane started walking around meek because he was cancelled for so many things. I think it’s part getting older/softer but mostly PR. He is a bit sociopathic in that way. 12M in the bank and now a 20M deal? Money hungry. manipulative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khaze
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Khaze »

I love the packaging on the mini palette but fuck are the shade colours awful. 'food videos' should've been tossed imo

EmmaHere
Lurker
Lurker

Post by EmmaHere »

I’m still annoyed that Shane hasn’t donated to Team Trees- even smaller creators have donated a jaw dropping amount. He is so selfish.

Daisyyvelise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Daisyyvelise »

If they don't mention the drama...I really don't understand why they would mention James in every episode and flash his palette all over the screen then not mention the drama ?

Post by Guest »

Daisyyvelise wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:53 pm
If they don't mention the drama...I really don't understand why they would mention James in every episode and flash his palette all over the screen then not mention the drama ?
For clicks. and people clicking and watching for drama that will never eventuate.

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ »

Adding my vote to the palette is ugly pile. Don't get me wrong individual colors look nice, but this palette isn't cohesive at all. Definitely doesn't seem user friendly enough for the demographic he's selling it to. Can't wait to see all the cringey looks to come out of it. I really wish we could get some kind of meaningful back story to some of the decisions but that implies there was more motive than just money behind the palette. Like another user on here or Reddit said, I wish we could have atleast learned the logic behind the palette layout (or maybe lack thereof)

Neonlights8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Neonlights8 »

That palette is random as fuck. I hate the random names that only make sense to his fans. Doesn't he want people outside of his fan club to buy his stuff?

DaisyDay
Learner
Learner

Post by DaisyDay »

I’ve been lurking on this thread for a few weeks now and I just have to jump into the conversation. I was a Shane fan (Not super crazy like some people) during his phase of making weird food videos, Popin Kitchen, and the start of his conspiracy videos. My routine everyday would be to make some food after school and watch Shane’s newest video. I know that this time was not the best for him but I really enjoyed his humor as a young high schooler.

As he’s gotten down this path of “docu-series”, his likability has tanked for me. The self deprecating and poor humor gets old real fast and I just don’t find it funny when he’s sitting in a multi million dollar home. I was already starting to dislike him but the thing that really made me lose all respect is the last conspiracy video he posted. In that video, he talked about the conspiracy that the government shot lasers to start fires in California, mentioning the Woolsey fire and the Camp Fire. I live near where the Camp Fire took place and I personally know people that lost everything. Whether he was actually believing it or just saying it for entertainment was fucked up as so many people lost their lives and homes. (And does anyone know if he donated to either of the relief efforts? Because I’d be surprised since he won’t even donate a dollar for trees)

Since then I’ve steered clear of all his videos and have only read recaps on Reddit or here. Because of all the gossip I’ve read I decided to watch the first 15 minutes of today’s video and I’m completely shocked. The editing is choppy and sloppy, nothing is cohesive, and I cannot believe people can’t see that this whole series/collab is a complete money grab. I’m so glad I stopped supporting Shane because this is absolute garbage.

mdlovesgg
Learner
Learner

Post by mdlovesgg »

DaisyDay wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:35 pm

As he’s gotten down this path of “docu-series”, his likability has tanked for me. The self deprecating and poor humor gets old real fast and I just don’t find it funny when he’s sitting in a multi million dollar home. I was already starting to dislike him but the thing that really made me lose all respect is the last conspiracy video he posted. In that video, he talked about the conspiracy that the government shot lasers to start fires in California, mentioning the Woolsey fire and the Camp Fire. I live near where the Camp Fire took place and I personally know people that lost everything. Whether he was actually believing it or just saying it for entertainment was fucked up as so many people lost their lives and homes. (And does anyone know if he donated to either of the relief efforts? Because I’d be surprised since he won’t even donate a dollar for trees)

I'll spare the mega rant I went on when that vid dropped. But as far I know he did NOT donate to any of us Camp Fire victims. I lost many things (including neighbors) in that fire. That video singlehandedly secured my hatred of him. Hope the fool flops forever after the bullshit he pulled regarding the communities that actually struggled after the fire.

DaisyDay
Learner
Learner

Post by DaisyDay »

mdlovesgg wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:45 pm
DaisyDay wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:35 pm

I'll spare the mega rant I went on when that vid dropped. But as far I know he did NOT donate to any of us Camp Fire victims. I lost many things (including neighbors) in that fire. That video singlehandedly secured my hatred of him. Hope the fool flops forever after the bullshit he pulled regarding the communities that actually struggled after the fire.
I’m so sorry for your loss, it was something that devastated a lot of us in NorCal. I really cannot understand what his logic was for releasing that conspiracy when people were still grieving the loss of people, homes, and overall memories. The fact that he most likely did not donate (but I do vaguely remember him putting links in the description for everyone else to donate) even after putting out that video is so disgusting.

chihuahua2bitch
Learner
Learner

Post by chihuahua2bitch »

bananahammock90 wrote:
Marie_10 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:13 pm
just me or there's a weird sexual tension between Shane and Jeffree sometimes? It mostly comes from Shane, like during their photoshoot. So awkward to watch.

This ties in with people saying Ryland is excluded from the whole project. It 100% feels like Shane and Ryland aren't as close as they used to... There's always an awkward feeling when Ryland is on camera too. :?
I’m sure it’s been mentioned before but I don’t think J* likes Ryland. J* doesn’t really like women or overly femme men.
I’m not sure if he really even likes Shane but I would say Jeffree is coming off the best out of everyone in this series which is wild since he’s not even the one editing it lol
Urm... Jeffree star absolutely genuinely likes shane hence going through with thus collab. Nate isn’t in the Docuseries much either so it was probably an agreement they had prior to shooting that they wish to keep their partners privacy intact.

JacksonMack
Learner
Learner

Post by JacksonMack »

I hope, sincerely, they do something big after the initial launch to give back. Donate to Mr. Beast's cause, donate to help people due to the fires, SOMETHING. Instead of just raking in the profits. I'd like to think Shane is self aware enough and not insanely greedy to realize there's big causes going on right now that need his help and support. PR-wise it would look amazing for him to even donate just 10-20% of the profits of the launch sales to some of these causes given the estimated amounts he and JS would make from this.

My teen sister has been hyped and saving the whole month for it. Though she admitted it's more for the collectible factor aside from some of the lipsticks and the gloss which she might use more often. I'm sure a similar sentiment is shared by other fans. She's more of a JS fan than Shane though.

I've been watching the series with her and Shane's indecisiveness annoyed the hell out of me. As well as the constant jumping around throughout the videos. Couldn't they focus on one thing for more than a few minutes? Between the robbery and losing two pets, JS has been dealt some blows this year so Shane should've been more grateful and respectful that JS kept putting aside his own issues and projects to work on this with him constantly all year. JS had been keeping his end of the bargain the entire time helping him out and Shane can't even be bothered to have a consistent upload schedule or have the episodes be of pro quality. No constant jumping around confusing timelines, audio quality shifts, etc.

This series not only reflects on Shane and his brand but JS as well. When JS does launch and reveal videos they're at least clean, direct, and professional. They're not all over the place hodgepodges. I get Shane wanted to be experimental and show behind the scenes stuff, but he would've done both himself and JS a favor if a few hours after the episode he released a short video showcasing the products juxtaposed with images from their promotional photoshoots. That really wouldn't have been too difficult to film and edit. JS had said somewhere he chose not to upload to his own channel while this series was going on to give Shane his time to shine. The lack of professionalism is a huge disservice and disrespect to JS. I'm not a stan of JS (sis is) and I think he's problematic as hell, but it's still HIS business on the line with this and HIS image, not just Shane. Shane has come across as wholly selfish and self-centered this series. It's such a turnoff. Even when JS dropped heavy news on him his reactions to it and "kind words" to JS seemed hollow and disingenuous. And back when Shane rejected all the initial palette packaging ideas I could tell that really irritated JS's staff because of the deadline, even if JS didn't like them either. If Shane were more direct and decisive from the beginning they wouldn't have had an initial pile of flops. JS had been doing his best to help and mentor Shane this entire time Shane really can't claim ignorance that he didn't know what he wanted initially when he totally did.

I don't doubt these products will sell out, at least online, in less than a few hours. But despite all the stuff I don't like, JS deserves the success more than Shane. Shane had one hiccup this year, that controversy with the cat and his past jokes. It lasted what - a day or two, a week max? JS suffered a financial and PR hit with the robbery that affected his business for quite some time plus deaths of two pets he clearly cared deeply about. The JS/Tati/JC drama or not he still had to deal with way more shit this year than Shane. All his 2019 product launches were affected by something. He's taking a much bigger risk with this series, especially with it showing all the BTS with HIS company, so if Shane drops the ball he's the one who is going to suffer way worse repercussions. I think after this launch and the series ends they need to go their separate ways. If the merch and makeup is a hit JS can still produce it and cut Shane his checks, but it shouldn't be anything more than that. Shane's unprofessionalism is a huge risk to JS's business. If JSC winds up falling it should be because of JS not because another YouTuber screwed up.

Unless JC/Tati threatened real legal action, teasing showing BTS of that drama in the trailer but not showing it in the series is super misleading and shitty. As that fiasco was a big deal this year. Unless after they air the aftermath of the launch the rest of the series delves into Beauty Community drama to kind of round things out. Shane claimed this will be 9 episodes so he has 3 left to showcase things. After the launch what's left? That will leave two episodes up in the air. So yeah unless other players threatened legal action after seeing the trailer one of the last episodes better have some of the drama in it because I know that's what a lot of people are waiting for. Behind the scenes in the beauty scene is more than just how products are produced, made, and launched it's also all the drama and discourse that goes on as well. The series is called "The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star", after the launch the focus should resume on JS and what he dealt with this year in the beauty world instead of everything being about Shane.

GoldenSnitch300
Talker
Talker

Post by GoldenSnitch300 »

Garrett turning up right at the end with no real idea of what was going on is an accurate representation of the series as a whole for me.

Return to “Shane Dawson”