I Subscribed to Jenna MarblezZzZz and All I Got Was A 10 Minute Nap Video - Part 11

Neptunian
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I Subscribed to Jenna MarblezZzZz and All I Got Was A 10 Minute Nap Video - Part 11

Post by Neptunian »

MojoJoJo2 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:29 pm
Does Julien have a thread? Separate from Jenna.

Anyone else watch their Detroit become human vids? I love the game and was interested in their decision making processes (like in LiS2). But I have to say I’m pretty disappointed.

Julien is always making jokes and messing around and then there is Jenna who puts in like 1% of input at the last second, only for Julien to go with the opposite.

Jenna also keeps going on and on about how they kidnapped Alice and should have called the police (despite the police being against deviants, as we saw with Markus).

She gets all upset too when Julien makes a “bad” decision but then she doesn’t ever want to make choices or contribute. The laziness on her end is astounding. Idk why she is even involved with the play through tbh.

You can tell too that Julien is frustrated with the outcomes and yet he can’t seem to put two and two together of how he got there. I’ll be shocked if they finish the whole game at this point.
I can't stand to watch Jenna play those kinds of games because she chooses the most boring way for the story to go. She also gets mad if Julien wants to choose something that goes against what she wants.

absolutetrash
Informer
Informer

Re: I Subscribed to Jenna MarblezZzZz and All I Got Was A 10 Minute Nap Video - Part 11

Post by absolutetrash »

bunny__ wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:58 am
goldengossiper wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:54 am
Okay so this might be a controversial opinion, but I just don’t think they’re good at video games. Any game. Like, with the story games they play they seem to be easily confused about what is going on in the story and what the choices are. They’re always like “what’s happening, what’s this, I’m so confused.” They just don’t get it for some reason. That’s why they mainly play PUBG I think, because it seems hard for them to do any other genre.
I just think it's ridiculous they can't just play single player games solo. It was a cute gimmick at first but they fucking suck at it. I feel like people only watch it to see Jenna, because it doesn't matter what Jenna does, people will come. And you never see her participating in streams. I'd gain an infinite amount of respect if Julien rebranded the stream to just be him and stand on his own two feet with it, he might as well since he does all the work.
I believe he has his own Twitch channel but I don't know if he uses it often.

I was a fan of their Twitch when they first started, they played a wider variety of games from different genres and Jenna seemed truly invested. Then they began to play PUBG every stream which is not a game I find entertaining to watch; I also really don't like Jason Sulli(?), I get that he is a sweet guy and they're obviously free to stream with whoever they like but I don't enjoy him as entertainment.

I checked out their streams again when I heard that they started up Minecraft but after a few hours it was clear that I couldn't watch someone like Julien play and Jenna was either whining or silent.

I would really love to know what percentage of their viewers haven't come over from Youtube and have found them on Twitch without any prior knowledge.

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

Why does she insist on doing a cold open every time she makes something off of a video...

Ali Bama
Learner
Learner

Post by Ali Bama »

In Julien's Superbowl appetizers video Jenna looks around 40 or past 40. What the fuuuuuck.
Either her past lifestyle has fianally caught up with her or I'm way too used to her caked face.
Maybe that's why she looks so depressed all the time.

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

Ali Bama wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:53 am
In Julien's Superbowl appetizers video Jenna looks around 40 or past 40. What the fuuuuuck.
Either her past lifestyle has fianally caught up with her or I'm way too used to her caked face.
Maybe that's why she looks so depressed all the time.
I really think it's the hair and her lack of eyebrows. It's just a very unflattering look. Her hair is just naturally dull so it almost looks like it's turning slightly gray. A new cut and color would do wonders, imo.

support44
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by support44 »

Her hand soap video didn't have anything self-deprecating! She didn't seem to whine when things went wrong! Maybe she had a good week this week-I didn't feel sad for her by the end of the video! :)

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

I really cannot get over how they let those dogs walk all over the counter especially Kernmit who rolls around on dead animals in the yard.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

ueru18
Learner
Learner

Post by ueru18 »

support44 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:59 am
Her hand soap video didn't have anything self-deprecating! She didn't seem to whine when things went wrong! Maybe she had a good week this week-I didn't feel sad for her by the end of the video! :)
Idk I found her really annoying. She was complaining the whole time and didn’t seem to be having any fun. Compare her and Julian’s reactions to the glove getting messed up or the mason jar not working. It was a joke on his part but she really has like zero enginuity these days.

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

sisinikkole wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:33 am
I really cannot get over how they let those dogs walk all over the counter especially Kernmit who rolls around on dead animals in the yard.
Omg ewwww. Hope they bath him as soon as he does it because if not, it’s all over their couches, beds, everything 🤮🤮
糞食らえ

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

Idk I watched the hand soap video after reading here and it was much much better than what we’ve had for month. The shaky camera work is still there and the baby voice but it’s nowhere near any of the drawings/art videos in the level of self deprecation. And their dynamic was more positive.
糞食らえ

kozume
Informer
Informer

Post by kozume »

escargot123 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:37 pm
sisinikkole wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:33 am
Omg ewwww. Hope they bath him as soon as he does it because if not, it’s all over their couches, beds, everything 🤮🤮
doubt they do :? jenna has said in several occasions how "greyhounds don't need baths and don't like water" i mean, even when they got peach it took them a month to give her, her first bath :( even thought she peed in her crate when being "shipped" to them
English is my second language so i'm sorry for any mistakes

goldengossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by goldengossiper »

Lol why would she bother regularly bathing her dogs when she herself barely showers

boydbunny03
Learner
Learner

Post by boydbunny03 »

I just watched the soap video and the bang video started right after and they both seem so much happier. But especially Jenna. I noticed they seemed to be vibing better (obviously imo) in Super Bowl video too. They’ve seemed very flirty and in love the past couple of videos where I hadn’t been feeling that previously AT ALL. Pleaaaase let this continue.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

You all think the soap glove vid was a POSITIVE step in her life/relationship?! I thought it was kind of a low point tbh (even by her low standards for content). I'd be an emotional wreck too if I was in my 30s, and my life consisted of making soap glove vids on the internet for a living and my boyfriend (who is also probably a wreck) was enabling me to never leave my house....Huh, just me? Ok....

boydbunny03
Learner
Learner

Post by boydbunny03 »

Rosie34567 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:50 pm
You all think the soap glove vid was a POSITIVE step in her life/relationship?! I thought it was kind of a low point tbh (even by her low standards for content). I'd be an emotional wreck too if I was in my 30s, and my life consisted of making soap glove vids on the internet for a living and my boyfriend (who is also probably a wreck) was enabling me to never leave my house....Huh, just me? Ok....
I mean, that’s her thing. Making silly/dumb videos on the internet. Nothing is going to be groundbreaking. I’m not coming to her for content that’s gonna change my life lmao. But what I’ve personally been wanting for months is to see her have some fucking zest for life, ENJOY the silly content she’s making 😂 and I feel like I’ve been seeing that lately! Plus, Julien’s cooking videos are legit imo so there’s that.

HarryStylin
Learner
Learner

Post by HarryStylin »

It's so strange to see Jenna now vs Jenna I remember. From reading it's been this way for years. I remember a pre 2014 Jenna. A bright funny vibrant Jenna. A pretty blond Jenna. This Jenna now is a shell of that person.

Can anyone tell me when it happened? Or was it a gradual thing and slow morphing?

I see the points ppl have made in the pots I've read. The dysfunctional behavior she has with her dogs, in her appearance, in her overall behavior. And for the most part it seems accurate. Ppl are are pointing out what's clearly there to be noticed. My question is what happened to Jenna?

dew2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dew2 »

HarryStylin wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:35 am
It's so strange to see Jenna now vs Jenna I remember. From reading it's been this way for years. I remember a pre 2014 Jenna. A bright funny vibrant Jenna. A pretty blond Jenna. This Jenna now is a shell of that person.

Can anyone tell me when it happened? Or was it a gradual thing and slow morphing?

I see the points ppl have made in the pots I've read. The dysfunctional behavior she has with her dogs, in her appearance, in her overall behavior. And for the most part it seems accurate. Ppl are are pointing out what's clearly there to be noticed. My question is what happened to Jenna?
I think a lot of things have contributed to Jenna's personal decline, which has somehow been both gradual and fast. She seems to have untreated or poorly treated anxiety or depression or both. Also, her income is truly enough that she never has to leave her house; she could probably technically retire tomorrow or close to it, which has allowed for her to live a hermit-like existence. On top of that, she's too comfortable with Julien and seems to have a very low sex drive (they've made some awkward jokes and mentions of this in the podcast, I'm not making it up, lol) and just doesn't care about looking done-up or "sexy" like she once did (which I understand to an extent).

Oh, also, one of the biggest turning points for her was that car accident a few years ago. She was badly injured, traumatized, and ended up gaining a significant amount of weight after that since she couldn't work out.

And really, making the sort of videos she does, it's not surprising if she feels unfulfilled or empty, even if she's making bank from them and has a lot of fans. Her content is not intellectually stimulating to say the least. If she would quit Youtube and do something in the sports therapy realm like she originally planned, I honestly think she'd be much happier and feel more productive. She'd also have a reason to shower and wear real clothes, lol.

abmerop18
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by abmerop18 »

can someone explain the dynamic between (jenna and juilend) and (shane, ryland, andrew, and morgan) i see the "love and support" but something just seems off about it. its played out alot...almost too much , like its sarcasm......and the whole ryland and morgan actively making fun of jenna "bit".....is that a "bit" or is it her stirring the pot for her drama channel? its confusing and off putting. if youre friends be friendly, dont be an ass.

Funkypuppy
Talker
Talker

Post by Funkypuppy »

abmerop18 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:54 am
can someone explain the dynamic between (jenna and juilend) and (shane, ryland, andrew, and morgan) i see the "love and support" but something just seems off about it. its played out alot...almost too much , like its sarcasm......and the whole ryland and morgan actively making fun of jenna "bit".....is that a "bit" or is it her stirring the pot for her drama channel? its confusing and off putting. if youre friends be friendly, dont be an ass.
Where did you see Ryland and Morgan making fun?
Edible Prophetess, don't believe my conspiracies.

goldmoon
Learner
Learner

Post by goldmoon »

hustlecat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:26 am
rudebintch wrote:
goldengossiper wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:54 am
Okay so this might be a controversial opinion, but I just don’t think they’re good at video games. Any game. Like, with the story games they play they seem to be easily confused about what is going on in the story and what the choices are. They’re always like “what’s happening, what’s this, I’m so confused.” They just don’t get it for some reason. That’s why they mainly play PUBG I think, because it seems hard for them to do any other genre.
Tbh I don't think it's because they're bad at video games, but because they're both too ADD to be able to pay attention to both chat and the game. They're just bad streamers.
I think this is more likely. As someone who has dabbled in Twitch streaming in the past, it really is a different set of skills to be able to play a game (especially one with a lot of instructions and story) while also keeping up with chat and keeping your personality “turned on”. They just don’t have that skill set.
Agreed. Streaming is not something just anybody can do well, even if they are successful on other platforms. It's a completely different style of engaging with your audience, and I just don't think that either Jenna or Julien (but especially Jenna) are well-suited for it.
I would like to see them branch away from streaming a little bit and upload typical gaming videos to YouTube. Keep the PUBG streams since that seems to be their bread and butter for Twitch, but I think for games like Detroit Become Human they should film a traditional let's play style video on their own time instead of streaming it live.
I think Jenna or Julien mentioned in one of their DBH streams that it would really stress them out when the chat would yell at them over what decision to make when they were playing Life is Strange, and honestly, I don't blame them. I wouldn't want to play a story-heavy video game for the first time with a massive audience constantly judging every decision.

Maybe I'm biased since I prefer old school LP videos over livestreamed content but I would rather see them do that, especially since they seem to get so caught up in engaging the chat and getting distracted from the game itself which is incredibly annoying, especially as someone who watches the replays instead of live.

Return to “JennaMarbles”