New thread for Michael Kay
*squeals* Thanks ziggy!

Zephyrhills
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber)

Post by Zephyrhills »

and when we are all googling Dad's name in the Maryland Public Records, please take note that Mom's name is there a lot too!

Okay you internet sleuths, find out for me how David was just able to drop his own life in California and move to Orlando. Did he leave everything behind?

Wtc50e
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wtc50e »

Zephyrhills wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:37 pm
and when we are all googling Dad's name in the Maryland Public Records, please take note that Mom's name is there a lot too!

Okay you internet sleuths, find out for me how David was just able to drop his own life in California and move to Orlando. Did he leave everything behind?
Leave what exactly??? Apparently he was an aspiring actor and from the look of his vlogs he really has no entertainment value outside of nodding his head and commenting on video games.

I know we’re all being internet detectives but outside of my family murdering or hurting someone else i would never have the fucking cops called on an internal family matter can you imagine?

ziggy777
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ziggy777 »

I’m curious about David too. Does he work?

Zephyrhills
Informer
Informer

Post by Zephyrhills »

ziggy777 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:07 pm
I’m curious about David too. Does he work?
In one of his '50 facts about me' he mentioned he was in Project Management. But if you look at his Linkedin it mentions working for Amazon in Houston….
his '50 facts' are beyond lame. we learn he likes to drink water….

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

I’m not sure David was in California BECAUSE he was an aspiring actor — he lived in Texas for awhile, then San Francisco, where I’m pretty sure he mentioned having an office job. It’s not like he was living in LA waiting tables hoping for his big break. That being said, during the family’s first Disney cruise a few years ago, Michael mentioned that it had been “years” since any of them had seen David. Sooo... what’s up with that? These are people who, in the same vlog series, wore matching shirts that said “I (heart) my family.” Yet somehow Michael, who at the time had no problem finding the time and money for several yearly Disney vacations, couldn’t be bothered to visit his brother in Texas for literal years? It’s so weird, especially since they seem joined at the hip now. Was there a reason? Were they estranged? Did it have something to do with the parents?

It’s funny — I started watching Michael because I thought he was psychologically quirky and fascinating, and now I’m continuing to watch for the same reason, only I never could have predicted it would take this sort of turn.

Post by Guest »

Dad does have a son, Marc S. Karlsberg, with his extra wife, Toni Foote, who now lives in AZ. The son is in late 40s & lives in CA. If you checkout one of David’s videos facts about me he mentions he has 3 siblings & then corrects himself & says he’s 1 of 3. Marc owns a co that sells camera batteries. Dad filed harassment charges against him when the kid was 19 y.o.

Post by Guest »

Oops ex wife not extra wife 😂 😂

lillybellis
Talker
Talker

Post by lillybellis »

Dad seems like a real gem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InMyHead
Learner
Learner

Post by InMyHead »

Wow! What a psycho-drama y'all have uncovered. Here for it

craychel813
Informer
Informer

Post by craychel813 »

It seems like the Kay's go-to is filing complaints and charges against other family members. Who knows what is legit and what is just dramatic overreactions, but I agree their entire timeline is weird. Someone in the other thread who went to HS with Michael mentioned that Michael and Dave did NOT get along back then. I'm so here for the psychological thriller that the Kay family has become!

Sharkfin
Talker
Talker

Post by Sharkfin »

Did anyone else see the new music video David posted today? So embarrassingly bad. Do these guys have any self awareness whatsoever?

Post by Guest »

OMG! I agree completely! How do they not see it?? Yet, all positive comments on YT!

courtofowls
Learner
Learner

Post by courtofowls »

I'm genuinely shook as I read over the stuff in the other thread. Michael's dad (and family in general) always came off as sooo nice, but they seem so dark and manipulative now. I never, ever liked David though. He's always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

I think Michael's mom was the reason his first marriage ended. I can't remember if this is a story I created in my head or if I actually saw something in my search for information, but I believe that his mom and dad at first had some sort of academic relationship at first.

I also find Michelle and Michael's relationship to be a bit weird, but she seems like a very talented and intelligent young woman. Hope she breaks away from all of that.

courtofowls
Learner
Learner

Post by courtofowls »

Also, I work in the government and happened to be at a little party we had today and was introduced to a group of management analysts (Michael's job title on LinkedIn) and got to chat with them about their jobs. While what they do is slightly varied, it is a data driven job and gave no indication of how it could relate to how Michael describes his job as "teaching work/life balance." So yeah, say what you want, but I genuinely don't believe him at all.

I almost feel bad for all of the skeletons in the Kay family that are being unearthed, but then I remember that a) they put their lives out on the internet and b) they have skeletons to begin with.

Post by Guest »

Also, forgot to mention Dad had an old assault charge filed against him by a female in MD.

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

Re: David’s music video. I’m actually almost in disbelief. How... does a grown ass man... put something like that on the internet and think it’s in any way clever or funny or good???

And it definitely looks like mom & dad had some sort of professional and/or academic relationship, whether that was before and/or after and/or during their marriage. Google drags up a bunch of their “endeavors,” all now-defunct websites that all seem to have been full of buzzwords and mumbo-jumbo about leadership and potential and so on. These people have been trying to make money off of others for a long time.

On that note, I understand that one’s public persona doesn’t always reflect the truth of one’s personal life. But if Michael didn’t want to draw attention to his father, he wouldn’t be featuring him in vlogs. In the past year alone he & his dad have gone on a cruise, gone on a Flower & Garden vacation, and gone through the move to Florida. And the entire time, all of this ugly reality existed behind the scenes, and Michael continued to sell his viewers this fake image of a wholesome, loving family. That’s what it is — selling. I wouldn’t blame Michael AT ALL if he had a difficult family and just didn’t talk about them. But to be actively profiting off of an image that he’s painstakingly cultivating? Hell, as recently as this week’s mail bag video he was reading heartfelt letters from people thanking him for featuring his dad and the mobility scooter in his vlogs from the spring. The man is sitting in front of a camera accepting gift cards from adoring fans who are responding to the wholesome family image he’s purposefully projecting, and then he turns off the camera and is in family court. He’s making money off of a blatant lie and that’s what’s most appalling to me.

lillybellis
Talker
Talker

Post by lillybellis »

courtofowls wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:30 pm
Also, I work in the government and happened to be at a little party we had today and was introduced to a group of management analysts (Michael's job title on LinkedIn) and got to chat with them about their jobs. While what they do is slightly varied, it is a data driven job and gave no indication of how it could relate to how Michael describes his job as "teaching work/life balance." So yeah, say what you want, but I genuinely don't believe him at all.
If you search his name + his employer, the first result is a copy of the agency magazine with an article he's written in it. His job title is in his byline - he works in HR in the Employee Relations department, and one of the articles he's written is about Take Your Child to Work Day. While his story about working for a small company that teaches larger companies about work/life balance is definitely a lie, he does seem to be working on work/life programs.

Post by Guest »

TikiMeerkat wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:37 pm
Re: David’s music video. I’m actually almost in disbelief. How... does a grown ass man... put something like that on the internet and think it’s in any way clever or funny or good???

And it definitely looks like mom & dad had some sort of professional and/or academic relationship, whether that was before and/or after and/or during their marriage. Google drags up a bunch of their “endeavors,” all now-defunct websites that all seem to have been full of buzzwords and mumbo-jumbo about leadership and potential and so on. These people have been trying to make money off of others for a long time.

On that note, I understand that one’s public persona doesn’t always reflect the truth of one’s personal life. But if Michael didn’t want to draw attention to his father, he wouldn’t be featuring him in vlogs. In the past year alone he & his dad have gone on a cruise, gone on a Flower & Garden vacation, and gone through the move to Florida. And the entire time, all of this ugly reality existed behind the scenes, and Michael continued to sell his viewers this fake image of a wholesome, loving family. That’s what it is — selling. I wouldn’t blame Michael AT ALL if he had a difficult family and just didn’t talk about them. But to be actively profiting off of an image that he’s painstakingly cultivating? Hell, as recently as this week’s mail bag video he was reading heartfelt letters from people thanking him for featuring his dad and the mobility scooter in his vlogs from the spring. The man is sitting in front of a camera accepting gift cards from adoring fans who are responding to the wholesome family image he’s purposefully projecting, and then he turns off the camera and is in family court. He’s making money off of a blatant lie and that’s what’s most appalling to me.
THIS. I remember a recent vid (maybe 2 mos. ago?) of them at Cape May happily yukking it up. And that's why I truly believe for as rotten as his Dad may be (or may have been), I'm thinking it was drama-filled squealer Michael who (like someone else mentioned above) ran to the courts / cops as the first alternative to dealing with dear ol' dad rather than growing some balls and handling family conflict like a real man and then as (I think) Ziggy said, either chickened out from signing the papers OR the judge was like WTF? are you SERIOUS? and denied it.

That family is batshit crazy! (no offense to bats)

And I'm sorry, there HAS to be issues when two grown ass men dress in matching t-shirts all the time and lay on top of each other for pics on a Disney cruise. I seriously wish I could "un-see" this image below … :roll:

Return to “Michael Kay”