Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber)

ziggy777
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber)

Post by ziggy777 »

He needs to take a break from the Disney Parks for a few weeks, entirely, not even his beloved resorts. Hydrate, cook healthy food, rest. He doesn't look well. My guess is he is in the grip of an obsessive flareup.

TheTestAccount
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheTestAccount »

How can you tell he's in a special world of crazy? Consider they got Steak n' Shake, a chain restaurant, and brought it to the Boardwalk resort to eat. That's just so strange.

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

I don’t understand why he needs to get Starbucks every time he goes to the parks. The refreshers are definitely lower in calories than the hot chocolates, but they’re still full of sugar. Let’s say he goes to the parks 5 times in a week and gets a venti refresher each time — that’s ~500-600 calories for the week right there, whereas if he just skipped the daily Starbucks and splurged on one ~300-400 calorie sugary drink per week, he’d still be consuming less calories overall. Yet in today’s video he got a refresher to save calories... then went straight to Star Wars Land and got a hot chocolate there instead. Resulting in extra calories, not fewer. Dude, just skip the Starbucks!!!! It’s not special, it’s not Disney, it’s just more sugar that you don’t need and could be saving for treats that are actually unique and good.

Zephyrhills
Informer
Informer

Post by Zephyrhills »

TikiMeerkat wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:17 am
I don’t understand why he needs to get Starbucks every time he goes to the parks. The refreshers are definitely lower in calories than the hot chocolates, but they’re still full of sugar. Let’s say he goes to the parks 5 times in a week and gets a venti refresher each time — that’s ~500-600 calories for the week right there, whereas if he just skipped the daily Starbucks and splurged on one ~300-400 calorie sugary drink per week, he’d still be consuming less calories overall. Yet in today’s video he got a refresher to save calories... then went straight to Star Wars Land and got a hot chocolate there instead. Resulting in extra calories, not fewer. Dude, just skip the Starbucks!!!! It’s not special, it’s not Disney, it’s just more sugar that you don’t need and could be saving for treats that are actually unique and good.
It's hard work using up all those gift cards :roll: :roll: :rofl:

Wtc50e
Talker
Talker

Post by Wtc50e »

He has to eat healthy....

Starbucks
Hot chocolate
Popcorn
Ronto wrap
Soup

And that’s just on camera. Here’s looking to the next 30 lbs

Somethingsubscribe
Learner
Learner

Post by Somethingsubscribe »

When he said he wanted his soup to come with a SIDE of grilled cheese I had to turn it off. I don’t understand the point if his videos anymore.

SheetShow
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by SheetShow »

TheTestAccount wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:56 am
How can you tell he's in a special world of crazy? Consider they got Steak n' Shake, a chain restaurant, and brought it to the Boardwalk resort to eat. That's just so strange.
Good observation. Sometimes you have to step back from his videos and just think about what he is actually doing and how crazy it all is. Just ranting to a camera and having a conversation with himself while pacing through the parks.

On a side note, whoever created the youtube "Florida Resident Edits" is doing the lords work.

invadergrim
Talker
Talker

Post by invadergrim »

One of my favorite Michael Kay memories was one of his earlier vlogs on a trip where he drank so many sugary drinks in one day that I started counting partway through and I was at 8 SUGARY DRINKS by the end of the vlog. He drinks SO much sugar, he needs to stop drinking sugar/calories. It's really easy to cut out (compared to lots of other things), and it makes a huge difference. You should have a drink like that max once or twice a week.

I too love Florida Resident Edits - incredible. Comedy gold. I laugh out loud every single video, and I watch them like 4 times. Agreed - doin the lord's work.

rebel
Informer
Informer

Post by rebel »

SheetShow wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:55 pm
TheTestAccount wrote:
Good observation. Sometimes you have to step back from his videos and just think about what he is actually doing and how crazy it all is. Just ranting to a camera and having a conversation with himself while pacing through the parks.
Speaking of this, does it take anyone else out of the moment when he's set up a shot on purpose? Like when the camera is already in the car/hotel room before he gets in and then he acts like he's walking in for the first time. He's not on TV. It is not necessary.

SammiH
Learner
Learner

Post by SammiH »

SheetShow wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:55 pm
TheTestAccount wrote:
It is a little odd, they both have AP's, they can go do whatever they want, and they chose to go to the arcades at Pop and AOA. Why not just go to a Dave & Buster's? I really don't get them. You can see how they have no outside life whatsoever. Got take out fast food, went to Arcades with brother, average 30-ish guy life. And they began their night at BW, which actually has some semblance of nightlife... and left to go to arcades... ?

Did you notice how Michael hard a hard time grasping that people would be at BW and be in line for anything other than Ample Hills?

rebel
Informer
Informer

Post by rebel »

Per Facebook, Michael created his lightsaber at Savis so at least that vlog will be something different. I can't imagine the squeals.

ChipsAnnoy
Learner
Learner

Post by ChipsAnnoy »

ChipsAnnoy
Learner
Learner

Post by ChipsAnnoy »

rebel wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:45 pm
Per Facebook, Michael created his lightsaber at Savis so at least that vlog will be something different. I can't imagine the squeals.
He says that vlog will be up once he gets his new computer since his Mac died earlier in the week. He also says a 'magical announcement' is coming soon...I think it is a Star Wars Cruise.

ChipsAnnoy
Learner
Learner

Post by ChipsAnnoy »

TheTestAccount wrote:
What makes it even worse is that in Dave's video he makes a point that this is a 'bi annual getting Michael off Disney property occasion' but yet...they take it to Disney property to eat it. :roll: They then proceed to review it like no one has ever heard of Steak n Shake before.

rebel
Informer
Informer

Post by rebel »

Do you think Michael watched/liked Star Wars before The Force Awakens? I have not watched all of his videos but I never got the sense that he was a big SW fan for any reason other than Disney owns it now.

Also LOL at that Florida Resident video.

ChipsAnnoy
Learner
Learner

Post by ChipsAnnoy »

rebel wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:54 pm
Do you think Michael watched/liked Star Wars before The Force Awakens? I have not watched all of his videos but I never got the sense that he was a big SW fan for any reason other than Disney owns it now.

I think he had seen the movies but wasn't a super fan until Disney purchased the franchise. In one video it triggered me that he did not recognize Jango Fett from Boba Fett.

Sharkfin
Talker
Talker

Post by Sharkfin »

rebel wrote:
Do you think Michael watched/liked Star Wars before The Force Awakens?
No. I don’t think he gave a shit about Marvel prior to Disney buying them either.

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

rebel wrote:

Oh totally. Same with Marvel. It's clear that his sister is a huge Marvel fan, and maybe he had some peripheral knowledge of it because of her and he probably did enjoy the movies, but I call bullshit on him caring half as much about either Star Wars or Marvel without Disney's involvement.

There's a war happening in my brain between the side of me that desperately wants to see him go on a Star Wars cruise and the side of me that won't be able to bear it. This guy is going to dress up like a Jedi and lollygag around the ship instead of setting foot in a foreign port again, isn't he.

Zephyrhills
Informer
Informer

Post by Zephyrhills »

Without a doubt the announcement today is a Star Wars cruise. Wonder if he is boarding today like he did the last time.

Post by Guest »

Zephyrhills wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:47 am
Without a doubt the announcement today is a Star Wars cruise. Wonder if he is boarding today like he did the last time.
Yep, cruise it is.

Watched to him saying it (though the DCL shirt didn't give it away AT ALL). Though props for him for meeting with a make a wish family.

Return to “Michael Kay”