Post by CaGi » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:50 am

PrinceSarah wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:56 am
CaGi wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:40 pm
aquinas wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:33 am
tala used a pretty unflattering angle of grace to market the chai leggings lmao
Oh hey look it's the middle-aged Russian mail order wife.

Or a slightly younger version of Legally Blonde's beautician friend.
Don't you speak bad about Jennifer Coolidge! She's way more talented than Grace
hahaha sorry, no offence to the actress! 😉 I just meant the character, although now that I think about it I think I meant Sophie from Two Broke Girls. To me Grace literally looks like a terrible stereotype of an Eastern European Svetlana with blonde hair, a tan, heavy make up, tacky "sexy" clothes and tons of tacky jewellery.
Also her make up seems almost... greasy? most of the time it's not a nice glow

PrinceSarah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Grexit UK: From 'Good Body' To 'Great Billionaire' #Grifted - Part 7

Post by PrinceSarah » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:33 am

Okay so I started using the Shreddy gym guide as a structure to my workouts and I've made so many adaptations already hahaha

I think it's definitely a beginner guide, like I've added things like pyramid sets to my squats and more bench pressing

Boredpharma
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Boredpharma » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:58 pm

Interesting that tala raised $12,000 aud for the bushfires when she said in an Instagram comment they expected to make over 100k - unless it was a typo?

ncxo
Informer
Informer

Post by ncxo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:52 pm

Boredpharma wrote:Interesting that tala raised $12,000 aud for the bushfires when she said in an Instagram comment they expected to make over 100k - unless it was a typo?
Yep she said £100k expected to be raised for charity with this approach twice. When in reality she only raised £6500, I don’t know how her estimations were so so wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nomaddie
Talker
Talker

Post by nomaddie » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:38 pm

Boredpharma wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:58 pm
Interesting that tala raised $12,000 aud for the bushfires when she said in an Instagram comment they expected to make over 100k - unless it was a typo?
that's...an embarrassing mistake in estimation. if i were grace i'd match it myself to make it more impactful. i'm glad she's doing something, but i do think people calling her out have a point.

and of course her only defense is "why don't YOU go do something?" and all of her minions flock to defend her.

madisonlurker
Lurker
Lurker

Post by madisonlurker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:02 pm

nomaddie wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:38 pm
Boredpharma wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:58 pm
that's...an embarrassing mistake in estimation. if i were grace i'd match it myself to make it more impactful. i'm glad she's doing something, but i do think people calling her out have a point.

and of course her only defense is "why don't YOU go do something?" and all of her minions flock to defend her.
I read ur first sentence in Captain Holt’s voice from Brooklyn 99 hahaha made my day. I’m really sick of these influencers complaining about hate that is really just constructive criticism. They lump in actual points made by their followers with the few random “lol kill urself” comments.

thequietlurker
Learner
Learner

Post by thequietlurker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:23 pm

On that note (complaining about constructive criticism), can we make a thread for her sister Flora? Sorry, I'm not sure how to, but there's a very interesting discussion in the comment section of her most recent video...

treelee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by treelee » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:35 pm

thequietlurker wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:23 pm
On that note (complaining about constructive criticism), can we make a thread for her sister Flora? Sorry, I'm not sure how to, but there's a very interesting discussion in the comment section of her most recent video...
You mean how she complained that (only) 3-4 people told her they thought she'd be faster in her marathon? She shouldn't be surprised. She publicly stated the paces she ran her training runs at, and they corresponded to a much faster marathon pace if you've ever looked at or followed a marathon training plan (and she ran slow from the start, it wasn't some fluke). I think she was very misleading with her level of running and her ability to give out running advice. I wasn't expecting her to be an elite runner or anything like that, but given her training she put out there I thought she might be aiming for a BQ, but she was like an hour off that mark. And also in terms of injury prevention knowledge, ehh I don't think staying relatively injury free during ONE training cycle when you're all of like 23 and already pretty fit is very impressive. I could do dumb shit and get away with it when I was 23...

PrinceSarah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PrinceSarah » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:31 am

treelee wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:35 pm
thequietlurker wrote:
You mean how she complained that (only) 3-4 people told her they thought she'd be faster in her marathon? She shouldn't be surprised. She publicly stated the paces she ran her training runs at, and they corresponded to a much faster marathon pace if you've ever looked at or followed a marathon training plan (and she ran slow from the start, it wasn't some fluke). I think she was very misleading with her level of running and her ability to give out running advice. I wasn't expecting her to be an elite runner or anything like that, but given her training she put out there I thought she might be aiming for a BQ, but she was like an hour off that mark. And also in terms of injury prevention knowledge, ehh I don't think staying relatively injury free during ONE training cycle when you're all of like 23 and already pretty fit is very impressive. I could do dumb shit and get away with it when I was 23...
Are we surprised that Flora is as bad as Grace in terms of teaching people how to work out? Luckily Grace has the monopoly on bands so it's not like Flora will start shilling random workout products!

That's also the problem with sharing stuff like marathon training online, there's nowhere to hide when you don't perform the way people expect you to.

PizzaAndCats
Talker
Talker

Post by PizzaAndCats » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:41 am

ncxo wrote:
Boredpharma wrote:Interesting that tala raised $12,000 aud for the bushfires when she said in an Instagram comment they expected to make over 100k - unless it was a typo?
Yep she said £100k expected to be raised for charity with this approach twice. When in reality she only raised £6500, I don’t know how her estimations were so so wrong...

They probably would have raised more if they did it on all their products rather than one collection... I feel like maybe this collection wasn’t as popular so they used the 50% donations to get rid of it.

Don’t get me wrong, any donation is great, but i can see right through it Image

thequietlurker
Learner
Learner

Post by thequietlurker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:11 am

treelee wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:35 pm
thequietlurker wrote:
Yes exactly this! People aren't expecting here to be a professional runner, but the thing is, she wouldn't even be a good runner for your average local athletics / uni running club. I'm part of a very average local amateur athletics club, where everyone is "just running for fun" as Flora puts it, and only one of our senior women's XC team has a 5k time slower than hers (22:15) 🤷‍♀️

But anyway there's also a comment thread where someone tries to explain this to her and she absolutely goes off on one:
Screenshot_20200114-202334.png
Screenshot_20200114-202359.png
Screenshot_20200114-202414.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thequietlurker on Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

thequietlurker
Learner
Learner

Post by thequietlurker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:14 am

And the rest that I couldn't attach...
Screenshot_20200114-202437.png
Screenshot_20200114-203512.png
Screenshot_20200114-201133~2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PrinceSarah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PrinceSarah » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:01 am

It's only her job because she made it her job! She literally didn't have to become a fitness influencer and yet, she followed the money!

nomaddie
Talker
Talker

Post by nomaddie » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:04 am

PrinceSarah wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:01 am
It's only her job because she made it her job! She literally didn't have to become a fitness influencer and yet, she followed the money!
exactly what I was thinking, and if it’s your job people will definitely expect you to be pretty good at it and thus get impressive times. her reaction to the comment is exactly like grace’s defensive responses. they are very, very bad at taking any kind of criticism.

Lyanna
Debater
Debater

Post by Lyanna » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:11 am

I liked Flora in the beginning but she's showing her true colors more and more. Can't hide a sh personality forever. It's quite hilarious. After watching her latest video I'd suggest "Flora 'please don't harass me with your proletarian questions' Beverley" as a thread name.

Sherlockhoes
Debater
Debater

Post by Sherlockhoes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 am

Grace posted her school report today so I looked at the school website. This is the cost per term so £20,700 per year for each child. The ‘scholarship’ she tells everyone about to be more ~relatable~ and ~not privileged~ is 5%!!! £1035 per year... £345 per term

hooyah123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hooyah123 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Sherlockhoes wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 am
Grace posted her school report today so I looked at the school website. This is the cost per term so £20,700 per year for each child. The ‘scholarship’ she tells everyone about to be more ~relatable~ and ~not privileged~ is 5%!!! £1035 per year... £345 per term
That's absolutely mad! I went to an international school for a while that cost around the same amount but my dad's work paid for it......i literally would not even consider 5% a scholarship! it's almost nothing!
If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

PrinceSarah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PrinceSarah » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Sherlockhoes wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 am
Yeah we've talked about this before- The schooling is also why she also got the opportunity to get into Oxford on lower grades than expected.

ellenpbj
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by ellenpbj » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:11 pm

Lyanna wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:11 am
I liked Flora in the beginning but she's showing her true colors more and more. Can't hide a sh personality forever. It's quite hilarious. After watching her latest video I'd suggest "Flora 'please don't harass me with your proletarian questions' Beverley" as a thread name.
No matter how hard grace and flora try to act down to earth, they will ALWAYS feel a sense of entitlement. They also just can’t take criticism without having the last word - clearly they’ve never had to really work hard. One of the girls close to flora even said that she’d get upset if grace didn’t tag her in posts FYI. lol just shows how they’re both as fake as each other

greenvelvet
Learner
Learner

Post by greenvelvet » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:29 am

ncxo wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:52 pm

What a disgusting series of comments from Grace. She could have copied everyone in to the same explanation (I'd imagine it would be like, "marginal profit allows us to continue to make sales whose earnings partially go to charity", or, "we are targeting people that won't donate without getting a material gain from it"). Instead, she frames criticism of profit from a very political crisis as "negativity". Imagine how ludicrous that response would be if it came from a CEO from a conventional brand (like the blessed Nike CEO), or from ANY OTHER young, female 'celebrity' - "Why are you trying to profit from a crisis?" "SO much negativity babes. Must be awful to be SOOO negative xxx" Just fucking explain the logic behind it. Australia has marginalised and persecuted people of colour (immigrants from nearby countries AND indigenous peoples) for decades and its government has attacked the ecology of the country for profit. Grace is unaffected by all of this and so has a basic responsibility to prove that she is NOT doing this for personal profit, especially given her massive, massive hegemonic privilege and familial and personal wealth.

Bonus shit points for the very unimaginative "[name] xo", added on to be demeaning. Looks as though she's been browsing 16-year-olds' Facebooks for rhetoric tactics. Increasingly annoyed that she got into Oxford.

f_fitness
Talker
Talker

Post by f_fitness » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:19 am

It's hilarious that Flora's attitude is exactly the same as Grace's. Their upbringing has really started to come through in the last couple of years. The facade of them being down to earth girl next door types has disappeared and the Posh Chelsea girls that they are is shining through.

tuttifruittitea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tuttifruittitea » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:34 pm

yeah she’s not moving in by feb

SubordinateClaws
Debater
Debater

Post by SubordinateClaws » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:41 pm

Remember when she thought she'd be in by Christmas? Lol.

tuttifruittitea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tuttifruittitea » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:29 pm

SubordinateClaws wrote:Remember when she thought she'd be in by Christmas? Lol.
she thought it’d be done by the end of her holiday in south america

lululululemon
Talker
Talker

Post by lululululemon » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:40 am

Next thread title suggestion: Grace Full of Sh*t UK: New pedigree dog, still holier than thou

Return to “Fitness Influencers”