Our family nest - Part 2

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Our family nest - Part 2

Post by sisinikkole »

god karli is dull. i can’t imagine everything in my life be based around a single color let alone that color being brown.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

^ In her defence it's just classic teenager behaviour: At 16 you don't really know who you are and what you want, you have no plan and you are frickle.

Just think about how many times she has changed the layout of her room, her bed has been in every corner and alongside every wall so far.

And now she has a go at the walls. Probably to match her current beige/brown wardrobe choice. - But you just know that dark shit brown will not stay on for long.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by iseeyouwatchingmeMB »

I’m personally not a fan of the brown either but I also changed my room up a lot when I was a teenager so I get it. I’ve never really seen a brown that dark in a house interior before and especially a bedroom so I’m curious to see how it turns out. I do have to say I thought was pretty cute that her and Candi spent the day painting her room together instead of paying someone to come and do it. Karli really has chilled out a lot as she’s gotten older and she seems really happy to me. It was just nice to see her making jokes and enjoying herself even though painting can be a tedious process.

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

I was never allowed to paint my room as a kid or even a teen. I still have a white walled room lol. I can't imagine wanting a brown room, how completely dull

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

Omg I just watched the video, and the dark brown looks so bad on the walls. It literally looks like poop brown

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

That’s a suuuper dark brown. It honestly doesn’t look as bad as I was expecting and it might look ok with a lot of plants and the white. I think a lighter brown/beige would be better if she’s trying to be neutral but hopefully she likes how it turns out. I have never seen someone so adverse to color before lol.
It does sound like the kids or at least Karli will be going back to in person school. Karli got some school supplies and made a couple of comments about school. When someone asked if they are going back in the comments Candi said it will be addressed in the next video. I’m really curious to see if Chase and Asha go back. I hope so. I think it would be good for all of them and especially Chase. He seems to struggle the most with motivation and having a routine.
Candi also made a quick comment about Karli filming a video for her boyfriend but I couldn’t tell if she was joking. I think she was.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

Karli is back to in person school and Chase and Asha are still doing online as most of us assumed. Candi did say that they are making Chase get up at 10:00am everyday for school and he has wrestling so they’re making him be on a schedule. That’s great but I doubt they will stick to it lol. He’s 18 and can’t even keep his room clean without Candi telling him to do it and she still cleans the boys’ bathroom and they’re both adults. I say him getting up at a decent time lasts like 2 weeks tops.

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

wasn’t Chase or Candi complaining about how Chase’s senior year was ruined because everything was online then he goes and choses to keep doing online classes
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

sisinikkole wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:46 pm
wasn’t Chase or Candi complaining about how Chase’s senior year was ruined because everything was online then he goes and choses to keep doing online classes
I think it was mostly Candi feeling bad that his senior year is ruined. Chase has never really seemed to care all that much and was really against Candi throwing them their own prom lol. I wouldn’t go back to in person if I were him either and only a few months away from graduation with no college plans. He’s been doing online for almost a year and is almost done with high school so I don’t blame him.

Queen900
Informer
Informer

Post by Queen900 »

Not so much for chase but I’m glad asha is online. I’m only saying this because she always vlogs on her channel with her grandma and seems to spend a lot of time with her and seems to be the closest with her out of all her family members. She’s also switching between the OFN house, her moms, her dads, and seeing friends, so I’d hate for her to go to school and risk giving something to her grandma.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

It sounds like Daisy will be getting surgery for her patella issue but they couldn’t get her in until March. Poor pup. I hope this will help her.
Also I saw Asha post on IG about all the moving out videos she will be doing on her channel. I thought part of the couples channel purpose was going to be showing all of that? Lol it doesn’t matter but it’s just so clear that the couples channel is only there to put money in Chase’s account because he won’t get a real job.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GGishi-liteofmyday »

Thoughts on Our Family Nest taking a PPP loan...

They accepted $22k to retain 1 employee (Candi). In the mean time they are remodeling their kitchen, went on vacation, bought workout equipment.

My guess is they also got PPP loan for Ken’s business as well.

That is our money. Candi was fully able to vlog and how often does she say this is extra money and not the money they need to live.

If you aren’t in the US. PPP loans are payroll protection loans that do not need to be paid back as long as they are used to pay employees. These vloggers pay themselves and were therefore able to get these loans.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

309D935C-CEA4-44F0-BDB9-D981E47C5C29.jpeg
Ken took one for his business as well.

That’s a total of $42,913 that will not need to be paid back. Funny, they didn’t seem to be struggling unlike all of the small businesses that shut down this past year.

This is a case of just because you can does not mean you should.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

Wow, can’t say I’m surprised. 8 Passengers also did this. The pandemic didn’t seem to change their income. If I remember clearly Candi said Ken was busier than ever with his recruiting business and they were even able to shut down their other businesses solely because they could and wanted to focus more on losing weight. Someone that is struggling financially wouldn’t be shutting businesses down just to dedicate more time to weight loss.
Candi has said that their views are down and YouTube doesn’t make as much as it used to but that has NOTHING to do with the pandemic. That has been going on with them for years as the kids have gotten older.
I could be wrong and maybe the pandemic has hurt Ken’s physician recruiting business, but it certainly hasn’t sounded that way at all. I doubt he needs it. But they definitely shouldn’t be getting it for YouTube. The pandemic has not made it so they can’t film and upload videos. They hardly even changed how they lived during the pandemic and still went out and about, shopping and eating out all the time and even went on vacations. If anything the kids were around to film more than ever. Every video of Karli’s is sponsored lately and I know that’s her money but still. They thrown money around on stupid shit all the time and clearly aren’t hurting. Greedy greedy greedy.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

They were approved for the loan in August. Looking at the list of videos... In September, they shut down the sports helmet business and Ivy & Saige, cut back on making videos and focused on themselves. In October they went to Vegas. In November Candi remodeled her office. In December Ken got a new truck. In January they got new workout equipment.

Those don't seem like the purchases people struggling during a pandemic would be making. I like this family, and I was super-happy for Candi's weightloss update this morning, but this is just so disappointing. Even more disappointing is how they traveled, had people coming and going from their house, went to the mall, ate out, and complained about masks and things still being closed. They had no problem taking the money but refused to follow the protocols that would save lives and end the pandemic sooner. They are lucky that most of their fans are too young to understand that the rest of us paid for their latest luxury items.

When you choose to be self-employed, you need to understand the risk of being self-employed. That paycheck is not guaranteed...the sponsorships and ad revenue is not guaranteed. If they had outside employees to pay, I would be cool with them taking a PPP to pay them, but to pay yourself with that money is inexcusable both in Ken's recruiting business and the family vlog channel.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

GGishi-liteofmyday wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:01 pm
They were approved for the loan in August. Looking at the list of videos... In September, they shut down the sports helmet business and Ivy & Saige, cut back on making videos and focused on themselves. In October they went to Vegas. In November Candi remodeled her office. In December Ken got a new truck. In January they got new workout equipment.

Those don't seem like the purchases people struggling during a pandemic would be making. I like this family, and I was super-happy for Candi's weightloss update this morning, but this is just so disappointing. Even more disappointing is how they traveled, had people coming and going from their house, went to the mall, ate out, and complained about masks and things still being closed. They had no problem taking the money but refused to follow the protocols that would save lives and end the pandemic sooner. They are lucky that most of their fans are too young to understand that the rest of us paid for their latest luxury items.

When you choose to be self-employed, you need to understand the risk of being self-employed. That paycheck is not guaranteed...the sponsorships and ad revenue is not guaranteed. If they had outside employees to pay, I would be cool with them taking a PPP to pay them, but to pay yourself with that money is inexcusable both in Ken's recruiting business and the family vlog channel.
Wow, that timeline is spot on with when the loan came in and all of the money they’ve been spending. We know Ken is conservative because he’s posted about it on Facebook before and he strikes me as the type of conservative that’s against any type of social program or “handout” because he thinks people should just get a job and earn their own money. That’s of course speculation on my part but I get that vibe from him. This would be really hypocritical if it’s true. They don’t need that money. You are totally right - people that truly lost income would not be buying an expensive truck, taking vacations, and shutting down businesses with that PPP money. Shady. I knew Ruby Franke was slimy but I didn’t think this family was as well.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Self employment comes with a risk. Ken and Candi know that. I remember them saying there were some pretty lean times before YouTube. As a business owner this would be a time when you made less. They have certainly made enough over the years to have saved for a time like this. The purpose of PPP loans were to keep the employees counting on a paycheck employed.

I’m sure they will argue that they didn’t use the loan for the things I described above, but the loan went towards their expenses freeing up money for these extra things...like a washer/dryer/TV for Andrew. There is no excuse they can give that will make what they did ok.

My hope is that the IRS finds a new list of people to audit based on these loans. I’m sure most YouTubers are writing off things that are questionable.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

2022 is going to be the year of a lot of audits. No doubt. The IRS is going to have their hands full for sure.
.......meow.......

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

People that take out a PPP loan for themselves piss me off. They don't have employees, our family nest productions is their youtube business. If you're getting money through youtube how do you qualify for a loan? That's ridiculous.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

I don’t get how someone could comfortably buy a new truck or take a vacation with that money while knowing there are people suffering because COVID actually made them lose everything. My husband is self-employed and COVID has complicated what he does but we’re luckily doing fine. He would have absolutely been approved for this loan but we don’t need it so we didn’t apply, and we definitely don’t have OFN money. I just wouldn’t be able to take that money and feel ok about it when we’re ok but know others that have truly suffered during the pandemic. It’s especially off-putting to me that they did this because like someone said above - all they’ve done during the pandemic is bitch about things being closed, complain about wearing masks, and get upset that Chase’s senior year is ruined. Such minor inconveniences in the grand scheme of things. I hope all these greedy as youtubers get audited.

Return to “Our Family Nest”