Our family nest - Part 2

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Our family nest - Part 2

Post by GGishi-liteofmyday »

I don’t mind Karli. She’s really growing up and out of the “ungrateful/moody teenager” phase. Getting her license and a bit more time away from Candi has done them both a world of good. Hopefully Chase will grow up one day too.

Idontcareforrootbeer
Learner
Learner

Post by Idontcareforrootbeer »

Karli seems to have definitely grown out of the bratty phase. I don’t catch every video but she seems to have chilled out a lot. It’s nice to see.

So asha posted a new videos. Any takers on what it was?

Girl Talk video. Shocking.

She really needs to get some new material. She said that cheesy ass quote she always says about how “if someone really loves you they won’t hurt you” or whatever and then answered a few questions that she’s way too immature to give perspective on. Someone asked about how to love someone after being in a bad relationship previously, and Asha said you pretty much just need to let it go and realize they’re a different person. Really insightful.
Someone also asked about how to deal with their SO’s
parents not liking them, and she pretty much said well there must be a reason why they don’t like you and that she’s never dealt with that. Lmao I don’t know why anyone would ask this immature kid relationship advice, but she’s terrible at giving it. She seems to think being in a relationship for almost 4 years makes her an expert but her relationship has been from ages 13/14 to 17/18. It’s great that they’ve been together for that long and made it work but they’re children. She had no idea what it’s like to be in a long term adult relationship or marriage but she seems to think the knows it all. Asha always talks about how her and Chase have been together for so long and been through everything together, and she always gives getting their drivers licenses as an example. That’s sweet and all but it just shows how immature they are. She’s going to cringe so hard at these videos in the future.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

No way! Who is asking her for advice on relationships? It must be a bunch of 13 year olds.

rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Post by rulatows000 »

I haven't watched Karli's videos in a while, but I was looking for things to watch and saw her most recent 'Get Ready with Me Video' and I actually liked it. She's just very personable and chill for the whole video. She knows how to talk to the camera and narrate what she's doing without going on and on and on like Asha does without getting anywhere or just sitting there mumbling like Chase. I've also noticed on her channel and on Instagram that she has gotten a lot of sponsorships lately. I could never imagine Chase doing a sponsorship, much less a sponsor actually reaching out to him, lol. Asha has done a few, but she just rambles on too much and I can never watch it. The sad thing is that Karli is the one being realistic and, despite doing much better on Youtube than Chase and Asha, she realizes its not a long-term career and isn't planning on it being her sole source of income in the future. That's another thing I like about Karli, is she's just being a normal girl doing something she's good at and likes doing, not going out there trying to act like she's some famous Youtuber or something. I wish Chase and Asha would take some pointers from her. Both on Youtube and how to be realistic and grown up, lol.

Idontcareforrootbeer
Learner
Learner

I agree ^ Karli definitely knows how to speak to the camera. Asha and Chase just don’t have that kind of personality or confidence, which is fine but it makes their videos hard to watch. I’ve also noticed that Karli gets has had a lot of sponsorships lately, which is awesome for her. I’m sure having Candi help her navigate that part of the YouTube business is a massive help but Karli has certainly worked hard over the years.

I think part of why Karli is more realistic with YouTube as a career is because she’s done it for so long and craves a more normal life for herself. Asha hasn’t been doing it for very long and probably sees the life Candi has built for her family and really wants that, even though it isn’t very realistic. YouTube has changed a ton since OFN was at it’s most successful and even Candi has said there’s a ton of luck involved in having a successful channel.

Does anyone else find it a little odd that Candi never really promotes Chase and Asha’s content? I wouldn’t expect her to promote every single video or anything, but I think it’s strange she never seems to mention that they have a couples channel unless I’m just missing it. Candi has talked about wanting Andrew and Cori to vlog multiple times before and I remember she would mention it when he was posting on his own channel for people to go watch. I just get the feeling Candi isn’t really into this whole plan that Chase and Asha have. We know Ken isn’t. It’s not like it’s up to them since he’s an adult but I just get the vibe that Candi isn’t all for it.

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

Of course there's Candi liking a comment about how there's only a 1% death rate from Covid and how we shouldn't be living in fear. They totally are trumpers.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

heatherrrrz wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:20 am
Of course there's Candi liking a comment about how there's only a 1% death rate from Covid and how we shouldn't be living in fear. They totally are trumpers.
Ken is a fan of Trump, for sure. I don't know about Candi...they are definitely privileged people who are annoyed that the pandemic keeps them from doing all of their favorite things; daily trips to the mall and target, eating out, going to movies, and traveling. I would think the 1% death rate would still concern her since Ken is quite obese and studies show that is a huge risk factor for severe symptoms.

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

GGishi-liteofmyday wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:23 am
heatherrrrz wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:20 am
Ken is a fan of Trump, for sure. I don't know about Candi...they are definitely privileged people who are annoyed that the pandemic keeps them from doing all of their favorite things; daily trips to the mall and target, eating out, going to movies, and traveling. I would think the 1% death rate would still concern her since Ken is quite obese and studies show that is a huge risk factor for severe symptoms.
they’re still doing all that shit tho as well as continuing to have people over constantly. if they were so annoyed by the pandemic they’d be following all the CDC guideline as well as anything implemented by their governor
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

Idontcareforrootbeer
Learner
Learner

I don’t know if Candi is a Trump supporter but I think Ken is for sure. I remember when Candi saying her and Ken voted for different people when Trump ran the first time. But who knows, that was 4 years ago and she could have just said that to keep it ambiguous.

taytay
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by taytay »

Hmmm a couple voting for different people? That’s interesting. But not really anyone’s business so maybe she did say it to get ppl off her back or something

Jenin
Informer
Informer

Post by Jenin »

taytay wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:58 am
Hmmm a couple voting for different people? That’s interesting. But not really anyone’s business so maybe she did say it to get ppl off her back or something
I don’t think it’s all that uncommon, especially for people who don’t care about politics too much. Candi strikes me as someone who doesn’t care too much about politics, but would probably lean more towards Democrat supported policies if asked. I could see Ken being more supportive of republican policies, maybe not as a trump supporter, but more of just voting for whoever ends up as the republican candidate.
My parents aren’t into politics at all, but when asked, they’d give different answers on which party they support. Neither can stand Trump, but my dad said he’d rather see a republican win than a democrat. He didn’t vote (but would’ve voted for trump if he did) and my mom voted for Biden. It doesn’t cause a problem in their relationship because they really don’t care about politics, they don’t talk about it. The only reason my mom even voted this year is because she’s tired of hearing about Trump’s bs every day.
Some people really don’t care about politics but still lean one way or the other and vote accordingly. For people like that, it may not matter if their significant other voted differently if they are both on the same page about how little they care about politics. It wouldn’t work out for me, but a lot of people are this way.

Idontcareforrootbeer
Learner
Learner

Yeah, My husband and I have the same political views but I know some couples that have pretty different views and it doesn’t seem to cause issues. Ken strikes me as the type that just cares about his taxes not going to anything that could benefit “poor” people and probably thinks everything is an infringement on his rights, lol. I agree that Candi seems to not concern herself with politics much but I can’t really see her liking someone as hateful as Trump.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

I feel like Candi is pretty apathetic towards politics. She is a middle/upper-middle class, white, married woman from the midwest. She is afforded the opportunity to really not care too much about the world outside of her bubble. Ken seems to care and by some of the comments Candi and the kids have made, I'm pretty sure he is one of those people on Facebook posting his political opinions on Facebook.

Changing the topic a bit...Candi seems to be doing great with her diet/exercise plan, but her meals are still very unappetizing.

rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Post by rulatows000 »

Are Karli and Chase going back to face-to-face school? Candi mentioned that in two weeks there were some big changes coming for both of them. Not sure what else it would be.

Idontcareforrootbeer
Learner
Learner

I feel like Candi will keep up the weight loss this time. I’m happy for her. I wonder if Ken is keeping it up as well? It’s harder to tell with him because he has more to lose, but you can definitely see a difference with Candi. I hope they both keep at it. It must feel great for them.
I haven’t watched the video where she said that they have big changes coming in 2 weeks, but I would be a little surprised if the kids did face-to-face school as they both seem to like online better. I could see Karli maaaybe going back since she’s so social and takes harder classes but I just can’t see Chase going back. He’s not far out from graduating and I can’t see him ever getting up earlier than 1pm ever again. Plus there’s no way Asha would be cool with him going back to school unless she is as well. I just get major jealous/insecure vibes from her lol.

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

just watched Chase and Asha’s day in the life video and half of it was just them sitting in the best buy parking lot. i really can’t believe they think they’re going to make it as a couples channel.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

Post by iseeyouwatchingmeMB »

They’re so boring that I’m not even going to attempt watching it. I just physically and mentally can’t sit though that. I’d rather sit here and stare at my empty email than watch a day in the life of the most bland couple on the planet.
Asha asked for people to recommend a place to get bikinis on IG so I’m sure we will get another Boyfriend Rates My Bikinis video soon. As if the internet needs yet another video of Chase poking and prodding at her wearing a swimsuit and going “yeah idk I just like it it’s cool I guess” under his breath. I hope the big change Candi mentioned is indeed that the kids are going back to school and I hope Asha is as well. Those two really need to get a social life.

rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Post by rulatows000 »

That's a really expensive computer ($1,400) to buy to edit one video a week. Also just confirms that Chase is taking all the money from the couples channel because he mentioned something of how he wouldn't have been able to buy it before and it was 'thanks to you guys'. And Asha admitted that she was the one doing it all herself or walking him through it before, so he basically was getting paid just to sit there on camera for a few minutes a week. I guess they can do what they want, but there's got to be some partnership if they want this to work. Asha doing all the work, paying for all the expenses, Chase taking all the money, not doing any work, and letting Asha buy him everything... just doesn't strike me as a very logically or healthy arrangement they've got there.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

Post by iseeyouwatchingmeMB »

Did they buy the computer so Chase can be responsible for editing all of the videos now? I get that he needs a laptop to edit but that seems like lot of money to spend when you’re supposed to be saving up to move out. Especially since it sounds like Chase is always blowing through his money and not a good saver. Is a laptop something that can be written off on taxes for a youtuber? I don’t know how that exactly works, especially for a channel that isn’t very big like this couples channel. Not like writing it off makes it “free” or anything but I just wonder how that works for them.
I don’t care to watch this video because they’re boring af but I hope buying this laptop means Chase will be responsible for all of the editing now. It’s not fair that Asha has been doing all of the work so far. I still just can’t see Chase sticking with this and editing on a consistent schedule without Asha having to tell him to do it and plan out all of the video ideas. I could see him getting lazy and her just going back to doing all of the work again.
Kind of unrelated but have they ever said if Karli edits all of her own videos? Or does Candi edit them for her? I’ve always wondered that. I think Karli edits them herself but I’m not sure.

Queen900
Informer
Informer

Post by Queen900 »

rulatows000 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:19 am
That's a really expensive computer ($1,400) to buy to edit one video a week. Also just confirms that Chase is taking all the money from the couples channel because he mentioned something of how he wouldn't have been able to buy it before and it was 'thanks to you guys'. And Asha admitted that she was the one doing it all herself or walking him through it before, so he basically was getting paid just to sit there on camera for a few minutes a week. I guess they can do what they want, but there's got to be some partnership if they want this to work. Asha doing all the work, paying for all the expenses, Chase taking all the money, not doing any work, and letting Asha buy him everything... just doesn't strike me as a very logically or healthy arrangement they've got there.

I think he also said in the video he finally can use that for school and not the chrome book his school gave him

Return to “Our Family Nest”