marchfav
Talker
Talker

Re: Superdelusional Standard Poodle - Julia Graf Part 5

Post by marchfav »

ghoulish_babe wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:26 am
For those who didn't see it...
-she takes the gondola up the mountain, she's alone in it; because of Covid, there's no tourists (not because everyone else is actually working)
-she's lucky she can take the dog with her
-gets to the top of the mountain, waits for people to leave, then takes out the weird skirt and a hat
-sets up the tripod and tries to take photos, but the dog keeps trying to play with the hat
-she acts like a crazy person on top of the mountain
-takes the gondola back down complaining that she has to take dog with her, because he can't be home alone for that long
-complaints she has to take photos herself
-complaints there's nothing good among the photos she did take
-uses photoshop to edit the photos

And that's it...that's how you take winning instagram shots :rofl:

She keeps complaining that she has to do all these things herself...but, girl, if you had someone to take the photos/videos and someone to edit, then what exactly would you bring to the party?! 'Cos you're not exactly an interesting/charming/beautiful person.
Classic Julia, sad I missed the video :D

I watched her hair care routine. She was only showing drugstore products and mentioned going to Crossfit multiple times throughout the video.

She does look slimmer but considering on what she's showing on Instagram, she's in full weight loss diet mode and will bounce back sooner or later.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

marchfav wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:43 am

I watched her hair care routine. She was only showing drugstore products and mentioned going to Crossfit multiple times throughout the video.

She does look slimmer but considering on what she's showing on Instagram, she's in full weight loss diet mode and will bounce back sooner or later.
The hair care video was kind of useless. Julia has always had pretty decent hair, that's due to her genetics, not products. She doesn't really need to do much aside from avoiding ugly cuts (which seems to be a challenge for her).

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

auntiflo13 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:40 am
Those first two photos of Julia wearing the white shirt, her nose is casting a shadow like a sundial ! :rofl:
Yes, she can't seem to take flattering photos of herself. She seems to think a photo will be great if she got an impressive view of the alps on a good day, when in fact she should be paying attention to how the light reacts with her features. Maybe she actually loves the way she looks in those images, I don't know. But it always looks like a disproportionate effort to achieve the look of a poorly polished turd.

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by hopelesscoffeeaddict »

Dandelion wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:19 am
marchfav wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:43 am

The hair care video was kind of useless. Julia has always had pretty decent hair, that's due to her genetics, not products. She doesn't really need to do much aside from avoiding ugly cuts (which seems to be a challenge for her).
God I hated that video, as someone who started going grey in her early 30s fuck you Julia for your smugness about "never dying my hair." Just fuck you. My parents both didn't go grey until their 60s, so not all of it is genetics, it can be stress-related as well, as it was for me. Why do people even still subscribe to her channel, it's so irrelevant. I am, however, sad to have missed that Ig photo video, the screenshots look hilarious.

kevavz
Debater
Debater

Post by kevavz »

Were people saying a lot of negative things on her instagram photo video? Too bad I missed out on it lol.

Also, Julia saying how she needs to take her dog because he can't be alone.. yet many couples have dogs and both work full-time.. sooo..? I bet Julia thinks they are horrible dog parents. At least that's what she tells herself and her husband

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

kevavz wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:03 pm
Were people saying a lot of negative things on her instagram photo video? Too bad I missed out on it lol.

Also, Julia saying how she needs to take her dog because he can't be alone.. yet many couples have dogs and both work full-time.. sooo..? I bet Julia thinks they are horrible dog parents. At least that's what she tells herself and her husband
I'm curious too.
I watched on TV and there's no comment section.

Elora
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Superdelusional Standard Poodle - Julia Graf Part 5

Post by Elora »

It’s interesting because I didn’t see any negative comments...
I wonder what is her husband’s opinion on her and her career. She is not a good housewife, has no kids - not that you have to, I don’t have kids myself but usually housewives are the ones staying home with kids. She even complains about taking a dog on a hike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Elora on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I read a comment somewhere on her social where somebody asked why she doesn't do makeup tutorials anymore and she answered "they aren't watched lol".

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer

Post by hopelesscoffeeaddict »

poulet wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:35 pm
I read a comment somewhere on her social where somebody asked why she doesn't do makeup tutorials anymore and she answered "they aren't watched lol".
I mean, that is true, but so aren't all the other boring videos. At least the makeup stuff usually get a few hits, certainly more than the "recipes" stuff or irrelevant vlogs.

maple_buttercream
Debater
Debater

Post by maple_buttercream »

It seems like she feels lost these days. The youtube thing is clearly not what she wants to do anymore. Her estimated earnings are $329 a month at the high end; she posts frequently on the perfume channel but there are no viewers.
I think it would be good for her to try to get a regular job and just make a video once in a while for fun.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

Starting a perfume channel at all at this point in her "career" is like an article on The Onion.

Elora
Learner
Learner

Post by Elora »

hopelesscoffeeaddict wrote:
poulet wrote:
I mean, that is true, but so aren't all the other boring videos. At least the makeup stuff usually get a few hits, certainly more than the "recipes" stuff or irrelevant vlogs.
I much prefer vlogs (with scenic Swiss nature) to her teaching me how to make up Image It’s crazy how she went from having millions of views to 2-3k

Can anyone recommend any German/Swiss youtubers?

maple_buttercream
Debater
Debater

Post by maple_buttercream »

Elora wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:35 am
hopelesscoffeeaddict wrote:
poulet wrote:
I much prefer vlogs (with scenic Swiss nature) to her teaching me how to make up Image It’s crazy how she went from having millions of views to 2-3k

I think that's what makes this all kinda sad. She definitely had actual success, but it was years ago. When it faded as the world changed, she refused to adapt, or simply go out on a high note. Now she's bitter and blames youtube.

kevavz
Debater
Debater

Post by kevavz »

maple_buttercream wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:34 am
It seems like she feels lost these days. The youtube thing is clearly not what she wants to do anymore.
I think she's felt like that for a few years now.

Elora
Learner
Learner

Superdelusional Standard Poodle - Julia Graf Part 5

Post by Elora »

But she is still on it and I bet she considers herself a youtuber, must be hard to see that button on the wall... when you fly high, it’s hard to fall... And for someone so arrogant like Julia... even more so... the problem is she can’t really vlog about much, her husband and friends don’t want to be on camera, she can’t start a family vlog, travelling now is hard but sure she can do more hiking videos, Fit Fridays etc... her only other hobby is perfume and starting that channel was a stupid idea. She could vlog in German or make more videos about Swiss culture...

dragnfly1181
Informer
Informer

Post by dragnfly1181 »

Elora wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:58 pm
But she is still on it and I bet she considers herself a youtuber, must be hard to see that button on the wall... when you fly high, it’s hard to fall... And for someone so arrogant like Julia... even more so... the problem is she can’t really vlog about much, her husband and friends don’t want to be on camera, she can’t start a family vlog, travelling now is hard but sure she can do more hiking videos, Fit Fridays etc... her only other hobby is perfume and starting that channel was a stupid idea. She could vlog in German or make more videos about Swiss culture...

I also think she's hanging onto Youtube so she can say she's "working". She's said before the 9-5 isn't for her, if she quit Youtube, I assume her husband would want her to work somewhere.

Elora
Learner
Learner

Post by Elora »

dragnfly1181 wrote:
Elora wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:58 pm

I also think she's hanging onto Youtube so she can say she's "working". She's said before the 9-5 isn't for her, if she quit Youtube, I assume her husband would want her to work somewhere.
But he knows she is not making any $ I guess he js onboard with it... just think about it: she buys perfumes worth thousands, I bet he is investing in her new channel

kevavz
Debater
Debater

Post by kevavz »

Well, people have said before that Julia's husband makes a lot of money. I don't doubt that he makes enough to support both of them. He knows Julia isn't making money and hasn't been for a couple years now. However, Julia always complains about how expensive everything is. Did she do that even when she was making money on youtube?

Elora
Learner
Learner

Post by Elora »

kevavz wrote:Well, people have said before that Julia's husband makes a lot of money. I don't doubt that he makes enough to support both of them. He knows Julia isn't making money and hasn't been for a couple years now. However, Julia always complains about how expensive everything is. Did she do that even when she was making money on youtube?
Yes

Gutemine
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Gutemine »

Hi there, first-time poster long-time reader here. I kind of couldn't care less about her Youtube-channel, as I don't watch her videos anymore. I got bored of the sweaty Julia in the car, the gasping Julia in the mountains and a dog who jumps into the water. All her vlogs about Switzerland seem to be so uninspiring and boring. Once in a while she pops up in my Twitter feed, as e.g. when she complained about a lock-down that wasn't one yet. So she doens't interest me anymore. However, I read here every once and then to get an update ;)
Elora wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:35 am

As for your question, I can recommend https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwyWUX ... SZjvpO0u8Q How to Switzerland with Sarah Nourse. I love her videos and she seems to like what she is doing. However, she stopped recording videos when she was stuck in the US due to covid I guess. Last week she found a way to get back to Zurich, so I hope she will resume her Youtube activities.

Return to “Julia Graf”