shane was more annoying than usual in the cooking vid

leggunslave
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ryland Adams Pt. 2

Post by leggunslave »

I know it's more of an overseas rule if I'm getting it right but he really should be made to put [AD] in the title. The whole video is an ad for blue apron. And kids will definitely not be able to tell this is an ad, and as mentioned, his fan base has to be relatively young, at least the ones that came from Shane. I'm sure the whole thing has ads, too (I have premium so idk). It's all just gross. I wonder how much they paid for a full video ad like that. I didn't watch the whole thing bc shane made my skin crawl too much but I assume there was blue apron talk the whole time...

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I don't know if these food subscription boxes think it's cute to sponsor people who do nothing but fuck around in the kitchen because they never actually cook and just use Postmates 99% of the time, but it's fucking annoying. Also Shane was making it so obvious that he couldn't have cared less about this stupid video - wtf is wrong with him?

Moffie
Debater
Debater

Post by Moffie »

I fell asleep while trying to watch his last video, so I guess that's how I feel about it.

plantsandstuff
Learner
Learner

Post by plantsandstuff »

following

Dutchessie
Debater
Debater

Post by Dutchessie »

With is wrong with YouTube for putting this crap on trending. Really feels like a huge suck up to one of their big advertisers.

With regards to the video. Shane used to make me grin and I enjoyed his awkwardness but man he's turned into something totally insufferable. The thought of him and that superficial dumb golddigger actually raising human beings is so disturbing.

Someone should report the health changes of their animals to an animal organization. Before and after Shane.

BlueFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by BlueFairy »

leggunslave wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:38 pm
I know it's more of an overseas rule if I'm getting it right but he really should be made to put [AD] in the title. The whole video is an ad for blue apron. And kids will definitely not be able to tell this is an ad, and as mentioned, his fan base has to be relatively young, at least the ones that came from Shane. I'm sure the whole thing has ads, too (I have premium so idk). It's all just gross. I wonder how much they paid for a full video ad like that. I didn't watch the whole thing bc shane made my skin crawl too much but I assume there was blue apron talk the whole time...
I've only seen one British youtuber do that, and no one from the US so I dont think its required to put it in the title (at least not by US standards).

And idk, I thought its pretty obvious its ad? Maybe its just me. I'm not really worried about kids there, they probably wont cook lol, but I can see them begging their parents to order meals from blue apron.

mins
Learner
Learner

Post by mins »

kaimaela wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:51 pm
LiddlePallid wrote:I don't know if these food subscription boxes think it's cute to sponsor people who do nothing but fuck around in the kitchen because they never actually cook and just use Postmates 99% of the time, but it's fucking annoying. Also Shane was making it so obvious that he couldn't have cared less about this stupid video - wtf is wrong with him?
also why is shane in all of rylands videos hes so useless ???? slathering on 573 layers of lip gloss..... omg.
i think ryland is a twat but if i had to choose i would much rather watch him by himself or at least with morgan
agreed!! i could really do without shane's constant self deprecating shitty vibes honestly... it's not funny, it's just plain mean and takes away from the video entirely. at certain points it sounded like ryland was actually upset at shane, but shane just... doesn't care? honestly it kind of scares me, the way that shane doesn't seem to mind other people's boundaries at all... especially ryland's! how are they supposed to get married when it seems like they can barely stand each other?

also lmfao shane's trailer really made ryland seem like an afterthought... all those "cute" shots of him with jeffree and then it's like "o right and i proposed to ryland in the most awkward way ever".

Skyr
Debater
Debater

Post by Skyr »

Wanted to slap him when he talked about how cheap it was and you would save money compared to postmate! They are SO out of touch with reality and what regular people spend on food. The food did end up looking pretty good though.

Also, Shane is just getting worse and worse. I know Ryland can be really annoying himself, but I still feel bad seeing Shane treat him so disrespectfully. I can't help but think Ryland could find someone better, someone who would motivate him to take care of his looks and acting more adult again. When Shane was cutting the food you could tell Ryland was genuinely upset with him - it was the exact same thing that happened in another video where Ryland made a cake. Shane was also really mean calling Ryland out for having bad breath like that. I know relationships aren't perfect but Shane is so rude to him, it will be such a mistake for them to get married.
- english is not my first language -

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I sometimes feel bad for Ryland, but then you've got to remember he's completely materialistic and could leave this relationship if he wanted to - he's just too attached to Shane's money and the ability to upgrade to the newest G-Wagon whenever he wants :rofl:

Skyr
Debater
Debater

Post by Skyr »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:53 am
I sometimes feel bad for Ryland, but then you've got to remember he's completely materialistic and could leave this relationship if he wanted to - he's just too attached to Shane's money and the ability to upgrade to the newest G-Wagon whenever he wants :rofl:
His entire friendbase and career is also dependant on staying with Shane. His sisters career is also somewhat dependant on it. He'd probably miss the money the most... But leaving isn't always as easy as it seems.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

It's just funny to remember a time where Shane literally swore off making his relationship public, and now his fiance's entire career is dependent on the publicness of their relationship.

lizziecopper
Debater
Debater

Post by lizziecopper »

I don't understand youtubers who think it's quirky that they don't know how to cook. I wonder if they think it makes them relatable but i think it's the opposite. Sure, a lot of their viewers would probably related to it and comment on the video how they can't cook either but this is probably teenagers living with family members who cook for them.

When you're a grown up living alone, if you can't cook the simplest things, it's not relatable. It means you have enough money to spend on delivery apps and restaurants. Normal people don't and can't do that.

But they seem to have lost touch with reality so much that they don't even realize it. I'm not saying they should cook, to each their own but i see soooo many youtubers laughing at how they can't even fry an egg and i just cringe at How they dont realize that saying that makes you come off as a spoiled man child.

And Ryland trying to go about blue apron as if it's a money saving option?? Just shows how clueless he is. Blue apron and hello fresh snd these services are good for people who can afford thw price and want to save on TIME. They save you time you otherwise would need to go to the store, decide what to get, and so on. Him saying you can save a lot of money because postmates is nroe expensive.? Newsflash, your viewers are NOT postmating every day. Wtf dude. That's like saying you can save a lot of money by buying a tesla instead of a Lamborghini...

lizziecopper
Debater
Debater

Post by lizziecopper »

Happy_one wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:08 am
lizziecopper wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:13 am
I don't understand youtubers who think it's quirky that they don't know how to cook. I wonder if they think it makes them relatable but i think it's the opposite. Sure, a lot of their viewers would probably related to it and comment on the video how they can't cook either but this is probably teenagers living with family members who cook for them.

When you're a grown up living alone, if you can't cook the simplest things, it's not relatable. It means you have enough money to spend on delivery apps and restaurants. Normal people don't and can't do that.

But they seem to have lost touch with reality so much that they don't even realize it. I'm not saying they should cook, to each their own but i see soooo many youtubers laughing at how they can't even fry an egg and i just cringe at How they dont realize that saying that makes you come off as a spoiled man child.

And Ryland trying to go about blue apron as if it's a money saving option?? Just shows how clueless he is. Blue apron and hello fresh snd these services are good for people who can afford thw price and want to save on TIME. They save you time you otherwise would need to go to the store, decide what to get, and so on. Him saying you can save a lot of money because postmates is nroe expensive.? Newsflash, your viewers are NOT postmating every day. Wtf dude. That's like saying you can save a lot of money by buying a tesla instead of a Lamborghini...
lol. I feel terrible because my father hogs the kitchen and I was a latch key kid and I wasn't allowed to cook on the stove when my parents were at work. I can cook a little bit but father hates the way that I cook my eggs.

Let me clarify what i meant by that.

I don't think there's anything wrong with not cooking or not even knowing how. It's pretty normal. However, I'm assuming, unless you're rich, you have a way around it that isn't postmating every single meal. Either you live with a SO or family member or roommate who cooks for you, or you buy cheap pre-cooked stuff or what have you, and there's nothing wrong with that obviously. The thing is these you tubers who either live alone or live with other non cooking people, laugh about the fact that they don't cook because they don't actually need to,because they always order in, which they can because they have the money for! In Ryland case he doesn't even have a lot of basic kitchen utensils. Anything with that? Not at all! But i wish they didn't make jokes as if it's quirky. It makes them come off as spoiled not because they can't cook but because they seem to not realize that they don't HAVE to cook because of how privileged they are.

I just feel like when they say that they do so to seem more relatable to their viewers. But their viewer's will eventually most likely grow up and learn o to cook because they won't be able to afford postmates. To me it comes off almost as braggy. Like hahaha i dont even know how to fold a t-shirt because my maid does it for me, silly me.

Throwthewindow
Informer
Informer

Post by Throwthewindow »

I thought this was kinda interesting. Casey Neistat:

"I just got a deal that was very lucrative - over 6 figures - from a laptop company. They want you to do a product review - a video just about our laptop. And we want you to endorse it. And for that we will give you this much money. It was enough money to pay for my kid's college, so it was very hard to say no to."

Ryland has a little less than half the subscribers that Casey has, but he still must've been paid a pretty penny for that 20 minute Blue Apron ad. How much do you think he made shilling that shit? It's pretty disgusting considering that Ryland has obviously never made a meal with Blue Apron. He doesn't even have basic kitchen equipment.

Also, side note - Blue Apron is an awful company with a history of contracting employees and not paying them. They also send expired meat and rotten fruit/veggies to their customers. Overpriced garbage.

Casey's clip starts at 6:50

Throwthewindow
Informer
Informer

Post by Throwthewindow »

Happy_one wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:11 pm
What do you know about Hello Fresh? Thank you
Offtopic: Hello Fresh has the same issues with sending spoiled food out, however they do try to remedy the situation as far as I know (whereas with Blue Apron you're usually SOL). I've used Hello Fresh a couple times and they have some weird billing discrepancies, which always makes me kinda uneasy about whether or not I cancelled meals. I think this is more of a website design issue rather than something malicious because customer service is always reachable and happy to make sure you cancelled all future meals. There haven't been any labor lawsuits against Hello Fresh, however there's a new class action lawsuit being filed against them for harassing their customers with robocalls. I guess all start-up companies can be pretty shitty, but you just gotta pick the shiniest turd out of the pile ;).

P.S.: I recently tried Green Chef (which seems like a Hello Fresh company - same packaging etc) and I like it way more than HF. I got two veggie boxes and the portions have been much larger and the meals are much quicker to throw together. The meals I got had things like pre-chopped onion in a baggie and pre-made dressings, whereas with HF they just throw in a whole yellow onion and dressing ingredients and instruct you to chop/put it together. I'm super lazy on weeknights so it works better for me, although the meals are just as expensive - about $60 for three meals a week. I sound like an advertisement but I swear I'm not! Haha.

Skyr
Debater
Debater

Post by Skyr »

Throwthewindow wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:22 pm

Ryland has a little less than half the subscribers that Casey has, but he still must've been paid a pretty penny for that 20 minute Blue Apron ad. How much do you think he made shilling that shit? It's pretty disgusting considering that Ryland has obviously never made a meal with Blue Apron. He doesn't even have basic kitchen equipment.
No idea exactly how much but probably a lot. Considering the lifestyle he lives his sponsorships must be pretty damn good. Dollarshaveclub and audible is basically paying for his life I guess? I know we all like to shit in Ryland on here for using Shanes money but I don't think we should underestimate how much he is bringing in. Just look at Morgan too, she is living it up in LA pretty good and that's mainly sponsor money I think (again audible and dollarshaveclub).

In a way thinking of the amount they bring in for such little work makes it hard for me to fault them for 'selling out' or 'being lazy'. God, if I could get that amount of money for that amount of work it's hard to say I wouldn't jump on that too. I think it's just difficult to really grasp for us regular folks watching.

never_mind
Learner
Learner

Post by never_mind »

I might be reading to much into it, but in Shane's latest trailer has anybody else noticed the way that Ryland and Shane kiss? I mean maybe they're trying to be advertiser friendly. I just found it odd that whenever they kiss in the trailer it's never fully on the lips. It looks like a quick awkward peck. Also, whenever they go in for the kiss Shane kinda turns away so that Ryland only kisses his cheek/corner of his mouth. It's strange because they used to show affection much more naturally and openly in the past, now it seems like they're not really into each other anymore.

Throwthewindow
Informer
Informer

Post by Throwthewindow »

Happy_one wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:29 pm
Throwthewindow wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:51 pm
Happy_one wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:11 pm
What do you know about Hello Fresh? Thank you
Offtopic: Hello Fresh has the same issues with sending spoiled food out, however they do try to remedy the situation as far as I know (whereas with Blue Apron you're usually SOL). I've used Hello Fresh a couple times and they have some weird billing discrepancies, which always makes me kinda uneasy about whether or not I cancelled meals. I think this is more of a website design issue rather than something malicious because customer service is always reachable and happy to make sure you cancelled all future meals. There haven't been any labor lawsuits against Hello Fresh, however there's a new class action lawsuit being filed against them for harassing their customers with robocalls. I guess all start-up companies can be pretty shitty, but you just gotta pick the shiniest turd out of the pile ;).

P.S.: I recently tried Green Chef (which seems like a Hello Fresh company - same packaging etc) and I like it way more than HF. I got two veggie boxes and the portions have been much larger and the meals are much quicker to throw together. The meals I got had things like pre-chopped onion in a baggie and pre-made dressings, whereas with HF they just throw in a whole yellow onion and dressing ingredients and instruct you to chop/put it together. I'm super lazy on weeknights so it works better for me, although the meals are just as expensive - about $60 for three meals a week. I sound like an advertisement but I swear I'm not! Haha.
what about Home Chef? Thank you
I'm not familiar with that company. You can Google "[insert company] lawsuit" to find anything major, then check the better business bureau and consumer affairs to find any customer service-related issues. If you want to go even further your research, look them up on Glassdoor and read some employee reviews.

I did a quick search on Home Chef and couldn't find any lawsuits. The top consumer complaints seem to be about the delivery days, rotten food being delivered, overcharging, bad packaging and customer service being unreachable. As for employee satisfaction, most Glassdoor reviews say that it's a great work environment, however they're still going through start-up growing pains (overhiring/underhiring etc).

Hope this helps. We probably shouldn't be talking about this anymore on Ryland's thread, but feel free to DM me.

Return to “N-Z”