Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: THE DOLAN TWINS (Part 3)

Post by vaguelyviolet »

Ew_ipreferalatte wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:26 am
OMG THATS INSANE. Three years ago they were so loving and affectionate towards each other but now it’s like wwe between them. But are they also verbally aggressive or just physical.
They have always been physical! If you watched their phobia video. Ethan is explaining the story of Graysons claustrophobia. They were playing inside a chest box and Ethan was having fun and when it was graysons turn ethan decided it would be funny to sit and not let him out while grayson was screaming. and eventually ethan did let him out but he didn’t expect him to get so angry and and out “panic anger” ( graysons words) he proceeded to throw punches and tried to choke him!!! Big yikes!

This is when they were kids ffs and it’s transitioned into adulthood! They’ve always been this way! Why hasn’t their family said anything on this? No wonder they themselves normalize it but at the same time is aware in certain circumstances that it’s not cool to act like that.

Ew_ipreferalatte
Informer
Informer

Post by Ew_ipreferalatte »

Do you think the fights have to involve something deeper than these petty ass sheningans. It’s definitely tension there.

Summer Autumn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Summer Autumn »

vaguelyviolet wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:45 am
Ew_ipreferalatte wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:26 am
OMG THATS INSANE. Three years ago they were so loving and affectionate towards each other but now it’s like wwe between them. But are they also verbally aggressive or just physical.
They have always been physical! If you watched their phobia video. Ethan is explaining the story of Graysons claustrophobia. They were playing inside a chest box and Ethan was having fun and when it was graysons turn ethan decided it would be funny to sit and not let him out while grayson was screaming. and eventually ethan did let him out but he didn’t expect him to get so angry and and out “panic anger” ( graysons words) he proceeded to throw punches and tried to choke him!!! Big yikes!

This is when they were kids ffs and it’s transitioned into adulthood! They’ve always been this way! Why hasn’t their family said anything on this? No wonder they themselves normalize it but at the same time is aware in certain circumstances that it’s not cool to act like that.
My guess is their parents were overwhelmed raising two rambunctious twins and having a third child too, so they didn’t have the energy to fully curb those aggressive traits that every kid demonstrates. I mean, the twins had such a bad reputation that other parents didn’t want to invite them to their kids’ birthday parties…

They have definitely normalized it as a twin thing. When the young twin boys visited their house for a video, the Dolans got delighted whenever the little boys would start fighting each other a bit because it reminded the Dolans of their own twin dynamic.

Ew_ipreferalatte
Informer
Informer

So they enable violence got it.

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

Ew_ipreferalatte wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:30 am
I understand where he’s coming from defending his brother and all but he needs to understand boundaries. And just because him and his whoever have their fights doesn’t concern him. He needs to stay in his lane, also now I can see where Emma was coming from when Grayson would be so hostile towards maybe it was defense mechanism to let her know don’t hurt my brother.
You can just tell sometimes, in videos grayson was just unimpressed and over it with her lol. Not that in this situation emma was being mean to ethan but remember in the dressing up as eachother video. They were all upstairs and emma was saying something i forgot but i remember grayson yelled at her for something and emma was just standing there all awkward and when grayson realized he just laughed it off. But what was weird is ethan just standing there too staring at her while his brother yelled at her lol he didn’t say anything or tell grayson to chill.

Ew_ipreferalatte
Informer
Informer

Yea they going meet their match one day because not everybody going take his shit especially Grayson, you can’t push people around like it’s ok.

Summer Autumn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Summer Autumn »

Ew_ipreferalatte wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:00 am

Ouch, that does sound very harsh. Grayson said that twins are allowed to do whatever they want to each other, all bets are off because your twin is like a version of yourself, and Ethan hummed in agreement. So as a non-twin, it’s a bit difficult to comment on their fighting because the Dolans can always say that singletons can’t understand what it’s like to have a twin. But it can’t be a good thing for their bond to fight so hard either.

teatime99
Lurker
Lurker

Post by teatime99 »

Summer Autumn wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:12 am
Ew_ipreferalatte wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:00 am

Ouch, that does sound very harsh. Grayson said that twins are allowed to do whatever they want to each other, all bets are off because your twin is like a version of yourself, and Ethan hummed in agreement. So as a non-twin, it’s a bit difficult to comment on their fighting because the Dolans can always say that singletons can’t understand what it’s like to have a twin. But it can’t be a good thing for their bond to fight so hard either.

G reasoning is a bit dumb, first of all even the concept of them thinking they are the same person is toxic af but even if it wasn't
tons of people self-destruct, self-harm, self-abuse just because you are doing it to yourself doesn't make it right or okay

I like the twins I think they are nice guys but the fights are clearly signaling deeper issues that they are in denial about
I hope eventually they figure it out

charliechoco
Learner
Learner

Post by charliechoco »

vaguelyviolet wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:03 am
Ew_ipreferalatte wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:30 am
I understand where he’s coming from defending his brother and all but he needs to understand boundaries. And just because him and his whoever have their fights doesn’t concern him. He needs to stay in his lane, also now I can see where Emma was coming from when Grayson would be so hostile towards maybe it was defense mechanism to let her know don’t hurt my brother.
You can just tell sometimes, in videos grayson was just unimpressed and over it with her lol. Not that in this situation emma was being mean to ethan but remember in the dressing up as eachother video. They were all upstairs and emma was saying something i forgot but i remember grayson yelled at her for something and emma was just standing there all awkward and when grayson realized he just laughed it off. But what was weird is ethan just standing there too staring at her while his brother yelled at her lol he didn’t say anything or tell grayson to chill.
You can also see ti when they did the ihop mukbang during the introduction the little jabs Grayson will give towards Emma like calling her boring when she was saying something which might be seen as a joke but when you pay attention to Emma throughout the video you can see her rolling her eyes a bit like when they were interrupting Emma when she was explaining a story

BrewingAyahuasca
Learner
Learner

Post by BrewingAyahuasca »

Why do they still have channel membership going on? They haven't posted a video in there for months now.

Daisyyvelise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Daisyyvelise »

Anyone still think their fraternal twins because in their thumbnail in their recent video I can still see the difference betwern them alot but I'm not a twin expert so IDK lol

Summer Autumn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Summer Autumn »

The new video might be my least favourite video of them. It’s annoying how it’s an ad for Zoom without the twins coming out and saying it outright.

coconutsun
Informer
Informer

Post by coconutsun »

I liked this video. it is a cute idea it would have been cooler if they did in person though seeing everyone's reaction. (obviously not now but later)

are we sure they got paid by zoom for this video?

Summer Autumn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Summer Autumn »

They repeated the word Zoom a million times in the video (it reminded me of the annoying Pottery Barn episode of Friends), flashed the company’s logo on screen, the mass text, which they briefly flashed over and over again, started with, “Hey! We’re filming a zoom segment for a twin themed YouTube video,” they put the company’s name in the title and in the thumbnail, Ethan mentioned Zoom when he tweeted about the video, Grayson’s TikTok post about the video was also Zoom centric, there were multiple times when the word Zoom appeared in text on the video like one of the flash cards read: THE TWIN ZOOM PARTY. To top it all off, they claim to call their friends on Zoom(!!!) and show a clip that they filmed. I dunno how many more subliminals they could have come up with.

I would respect it more if they were upfront about it. Of course, they are doing the whole YouTube thing for money. But to make an undercover ad video like that just comes across as a little sleazy and money grubby.

Especially when at the start of the video they pretend like both of them had just been sooo creative over coming up with the idea of contacting identical twins.

Also, they didn’t do the best job in creating a script that would give a clear motivation for everyone to participate in the video. Some twins even had sourpuss expressions on.

And making an ad video, without clearly stating that it’s a sponsored video, under the guise of doing something fun under quarantine just gives it that extra layer of sleaze for both parties.

Plus, I bet their fanbase can skew really young, which means that many people watching don’t have the ability to consume the Dolans’ content with a critical mindset, so advertising like that comes across as a little predatory. YouTube should put down some rules regarding ads disguised as entertainment.

lyddiemarie
Informer
Informer

Post by lyddiemarie »

So it looks like the twins have dropped Kyle now? They're not following him, he wasn't in their Zoom (sorry!) call with their team, and the Tesla video was deleted.

Conspiracy theories commence!
"Doesn't matter - I'm a celebrity!" - James Charles, "MUA"

Summer Autumn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Summer Autumn »

lyddiemarie wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:49 am
So it looks like the twins have dropped Kyle now? They're not following him, he wasn't in their Zoom (sorry!) call with their team, and the Tesla video was deleted.

Conspiracy theories commence!
Woah. I didn’t listen to their newest podcast in full, but they mentioned that Kyle doesn’t film for them anymore. According to Ethan, it was Kyle’s decision.

Ew_ipreferalatte
Informer
Informer

I got a feeling it was their fault tbh idk why lol. They seem like spoiled brats and very entitled, also I feel like they expect people to always kiss their asses and worship them. I don’t believe that Kyle just “didn’t want film for them anymore”, I feel like something personal also had happened but as always we’ll never know the full story.
And I hate how they always make it seem like the other person did them wrong or was shady to them it just seems manipulative.

greysweatpants20
Informer
Informer

Post by greysweatpants20 »

I could also see Kyle just wanting to move on to other projects. I'm sure the Dolans pay decent money but being a videographer for a couple YouTuber's isn't exactly a dream for most artists lol.

Dididenise
Talker
Talker

Post by Dididenise »

again?!!

well at this point they clearly are the problem is not even about speculation anymore it's a fact the common denominator in all these fall outs are them
I don't think they are bad people per say but they are severely hindered when it comes to having the mental and physiological maturity to have normal social relationships and deal with conflicts
I'm sure there are some snakes in L.A but common at this point it's def on them, even assuming all people they pick as friends are snakes it's still their fault for having poor judgment

I def agree with the post above I think part of the problem is that it's that it's their way or the high way, the dynamics I sense when watching videos with their "friends" is that they aren't close enough to roast each other or call each other out like friends would, it's mostly them agreeing or reassuring the twins

idk what to say I'm a bit speechless they really need to change or they are going to really end up alone, only with each other,

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

someone on ig pointed out they don’t follow harrison anymore. it happened last year apparently! but harrison?...of all people!! Sweetheart Harrison??? Yeah they’re definitely the problem. i backed them up before thinking that social climber influencer friends are the problem and they are very vocal about that. And i’m sure they do come across those people.

But i’m sure they befriend someone who’s generally not a bad person, and they still drop them. They’re fucking weirdos ugh, being friends with these guys sound awkward af, fake laughing, walking on eggshells cause they’re sensitive af, being a yes man. They’re a package deal that nobody should want!

Return to “The Dolan Twins”