Joel & Lia

Mama3
Learner
Learner

Joel & Lia

Post by Mama3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Any watchers? I have so many thoughts to share!

choose_happiness
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joel & Lia

Post by choose_happiness » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Yeah I can't decide whether I like them or hate them. On one hand I'm glad they're open about basically wanted to be "discovered" and get famous and how YouTube is just a job for them, but I kinda hate that most of their vids (especially the travel ones) are just for the job. They don't seem to really care about the experience and just care about the "content" they can create from it. I'm from Texas and was actually excited for them to visit and see some cool things, but they really kinda ruined it with no planning, research, or taking advice from locals. They came to ATX at one of the worst times of the year and did lame things and really just wasted a whole trip that could have been fun to watch/fun for them to do. It really irked me. I do like some of their London videos though and some of their American vs British videos. I can't stand how stupid they make themselves look though. Like, idk if they really are that ignorant or are just playing a part, but COME ON. Some of the things they say 🤦🏻‍♀️

bookish
Debater
Debater

Post by bookish » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:31 am

They remind me of two popular kid teenagers - the way they talk about how, if a driver in a car is talking to them, they look at each other and roll their eyes. They sound like total bitches who are acting like they're 'too cool for school'. Parts of them I like, but their snobbery and arrogance turns me off - they act and talk like total millennial Tories (whether they politically align with them or not - their bitching and behaviours SCREAM Tories who love living that middle class life).

a5adams
Lurker
Lurker

Post by a5adams » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:27 am

I just found them on Youtube about a half hour ago. I don't know, there's something unlikeable about them. I watched a couple videos and they are just off-putting. They definitely think they are 'above' certain people. They're not going to go far. A couple like Jesse and Jeana (Prank vs Prank) made a career out of vlogging everyday because they were super friendly, open to other people and experiences, ect. They gave off a good vibe and people responded to that.

isabellax3
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Post by isabellax3 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:12 pm

I loved them for a few months. Then 'the fame' completely went to their heads. I know it happens with pretty much every YouTuber but it happened to them so fast. :( Also they seem rather ignorant when it comes to anything that like... actually matters. I'm not saying everyone needs to be a political scholar, but they could act like they have a clue about something other than being "skinny legends". They're almost 30 and act like they're mean girls in a high school lunchroom.

Return to “YOUTUBE PERSONALITIES (NON-GURU)”