DissociaDID

mantitties420
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

DissociaDID

Post by mantitties420 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:33 am

I found a youtuber called dissociaDID and not a single comment on her channel is talking about how this is very obviously fake. Like the worst acting I have ever seen. She claims to have dissociative identity disorder (DID) which means that she has multiple personalities.

I actually find some of the things she says pretty shocking, particularly when she says OH I'M BLACK and goes on to talk about her being a mixed native american person inside, when she is white and this is all obviously fake. It is so uncomfortable to me that she is exploiting a mental illness for views. I am also shocked that people are really believing this. I would recommend watching the whole thing as it is unbelievably cringey, if you can't be arsed to watch the whole thing, some of the most cringe parts of the 'meet the girls' video are:
14:33-15:40
17:09-18:05
30:33-31:40

mantitties420
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: DissociaDID

Post by mantitties420 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 am

Oh and the most cringe part of the second video is 4:13-4:50 where she is pretending to be a socially anxious 40 year old balding anorexic Asian man.

Vermilion
Learner
Learner

Post by Vermilion » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:13 pm

I happened upon her a while ago after she collaborated with Jessica Kellgren-Fozard, and my feelings were very mixed.

On the one hand, I think she seems really sweet and she really does seem to have suffered a lot.

On the other hand, there are a few things that bother me! Firstly, it is as you say really icky the whole "I'm a Native American" thing. I think that even if your mental illness tells you that you are mixed race, you need to realise that, as someone who is in all senses white, it is not okay to claim that identity.

I don't want to make any claims about the legitimacy of her DID, and I take it in good faith that she does have the disorder she claims to. However, I also think that, as DID is a very serious mental illness, it shouldn't be glorified in the sense that she does. She should really be getting treatment to help reduce the activity and presence of alters, not turning it into a game!

mantitties420
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mantitties420 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:16 am

Vermilion wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:13 pm
I happened upon her a while ago after she collaborated with Jessica Kellgren-Fozard, and my feelings were very mixed.

On the one hand, I think she seems really sweet and she really does seem to have suffered a lot.

On the other hand, there are a few things that bother me! Firstly, it is as you say really icky the whole "I'm a Native American" thing. I think that even if your mental illness tells you that you are mixed race, you need to realise that, as someone who is in all senses white, it is not okay to claim that identity.

I don't want to make any claims about the legitimacy of her DID, and I take it in good faith that she does have the disorder she claims to. However, I also think that, as DID is a very serious mental illness, it shouldn't be glorified in the sense that she does. She should really be getting treatment to help reduce the activity and presence of alters, not turning it into a game!
Fuck, I just wrote out a whole reply and it disappeared again :'(

I do hear what you're saying about questioning the legitimacy of people's illnesses, I was worried about opening up this discussion because I don't want people to think I'm the sort of person who goes around judging people in regards to mental health. I'm very open minded, possibly too much at times and it has got me in trouble, however when I see blatant acting I can't bear to be quiet about it - if you see where I'm coming from. This just makes me so uncomfortable, I really don't like mental health conditions being exploited because people think they're cool or different or will get a reaction. I have watched multiple other DID related channels and interviews, some of the stories are definitely more far fetched than others, but I have always had the reaction of "who am I to say". But with this one, I just cannot be convinced even 1% that this isn't acting.

I would probably be able to move on from this if others were acknowledging this, but not a single person in her comments is (I wonder if she constantly monitors and deletes?) I think some of the things she says are genuinely offensive and not okay. Even if we say she does have DID, Chloe is the one who monitors and uploads, and surely it would be wise for her to remove the uncomfortable moments regarding race. I don't know, it just makes me really uncomfortable and I don't think we should shy away from talking about this.

YellowLadybird
Debater
Debater

Post by YellowLadybird » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:54 am

A lot of the stuff she mentions about her experience directly contradicts the accepted clinical criteria for DID. The whole thing is exceedingly weird.

YellowLadybird
Debater
Debater

Post by YellowLadybird » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:23 am

I can't edit that post now, but I also noticed how many of her alters she described as being tall, thin, long-haired, and generally VERY attractive. Much more conventionally 'beautiful' than her actual physical appearance. Which again, put up my suspicion hackles.

DID is supposed to have a lot of amnesia between different states, and it seems like Chloe is fully aware the whole time. I'm not a psychiatrist and I'm not saying I can diagnose her, but it doesn't fit with the description of the disorder she claims to have.

Also she lives in my city, not seen her yet but feel sure from some driving shots she's only a few miles away. Is that better or worse than living round the corner from BrummyMummyof2 in my previous town?

Vermilion
Learner
Learner

Post by Vermilion » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:01 am

mantitties420 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:16 am
Fuck, I just wrote out a whole reply and it disappeared again :'(

I do hear what you're saying about questioning the legitimacy of people's illnesses, I was worried about opening up this discussion because I don't want people to think I'm the sort of person who goes around judging people in regards to mental health. I'm very open minded, possibly too much at times and it has got me in trouble, however when I see blatant acting I can't bear to be quiet about it - if you see where I'm coming from. This just makes me so uncomfortable, I really don't like mental health conditions being exploited because people think they're cool or different or will get a reaction. I have watched multiple other DID related channels and interviews, some of the stories are definitely more far fetched than others, but I have always had the reaction of "who am I to say". But with this one, I just cannot be convinced even 1% that this isn't acting.

I would probably be able to move on from this if others were acknowledging this, but not a single person in her comments is (I wonder if she constantly monitors and deletes?) I think some of the things she says are genuinely offensive and not okay. Even if we say she does have DID, Chloe is the one who monitors and uploads, and surely it would be wise for her to remove the uncomfortable moments regarding race. I don't know, it just makes me really uncomfortable and I don't think we should shy away from talking about this.
Hey, I totally hear what you're saying and I'm sorry if I miscommunicated! I just meant that I personally didn't want to comment on the legitimacy of her condition because I'm not an expert.

And yeah, the race stuff really is inexcusable regardless of what is causing it. Mental illness doesn't mean she can't take accountability, and she should know that -- especially, as you say, when she's editing.
YellowLadybird wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:23 am
I can't edit that post now, but I also noticed how many of her alters she described as being tall, thin, long-haired, and generally VERY attractive. Much more conventionally 'beautiful' than her actual physical appearance. Which again, put up my suspicion hackles.
That's pretty sad, really. She's obviously a very troubled person and I don't think this channel is helping her.

elena d
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by elena d » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:37 pm

my issues with chloe:
1_notice how most of her videos have the word 'switch' on title or on the thumbnail? she's window shopping her illness for views, instead of having a educational approach like she used to have on her first videos. to see her switching does not educate or defy stereotypes on DID.
2_i'm not so sure she really has DID. on her unboxing videos, no matter how much times she switches, her alters keep doing the same things in a constant flow. were they co-conscious all the time, and why they instantly understand what to do?
3_the omega video. it felt so stripted. first, chloe switches into omega, who is a very quiet, cautelous, and seems the most traumatized and sensitive alter. omega keeps umboxing the gifts, even shows the gifts to the camera just like chloe was doing. the subtitle says 'memory holder', what satisfaction does a memory holder has in making those videos? she was visibly uncomfortable yet she kept doing it, why? and then omega opens a gift that contains graphic and violent images. what a coincidence that the most sensitive alter was the one that opened that gift... it was one of unboxing videos, can't remember the title.

as for the alters with different ethnicities: if she really has DID, her illness and her trauma does not know what is racial sensitivities or cultural appropiation. when she switches to a 'native american' alter, this alter really thinks she/he is native american. i once met a person with DID who has a british alter [with accent and all] and a japanese alter, and she is latina.

Return to “YOUTUBE PERSONALITIES (NON-GURU)”