PolandBananasBooks

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Re: PolandBananasBooks

Post by just a cat »

The only thing that really grinds my gears about Christine is her lack of depth. I can't tell if she does it on purpose because she's afraid of alienating any viewers or if she really is like that IRL. It's never been more painfully obvious than when she does author interviews or is interviewed herself and all questions revolve around dumb fandom shit (e.g. which of these characters would listen to Taylor Swift?). That's why I kind of hope we see more of author Christine because at least then there's something of value, even if her books are kind of a dumpster fire.

boredafbooks
Learner
Learner

Post by boredafbooks »

Did y'all see that Christine and Natasha are going to be on a 'Evolution of Booktube' panel at SDCC?

I get that they are OG's but they are two OG's that honestly feel so out of touch with current booktube. Christine posts more writing content than anything now unless it's a sponsored video and Natasha announced her comeback to YT 6 month ago and has posted 3 videos since (none about books). Idk it seems bizarre that they would even want to be on that panel.

Also on a separate random note, I lowkey think Natasha got lip filler and tried to play it off as an allergic reaction until the swelling went down....did anyone else think this?

xoxorupert
Talker
Talker

Post by xoxorupert »

boredafbooks wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:56 pm
Did y'all see that Christine and Natasha are going to be on a 'Evolution of Booktube' panel at SDCC?

I get that they are OG's but they are two OG's that honestly feel so out of touch with current booktube. Christine posts more writing content than anything now unless it's a sponsored video and Natasha announced her comeback to YT 6 month ago and has posted 3 videos since (none about books). Idk it seems bizarre that they would even want to be on that panel.

Also on a separate random note, I lowkey think Natasha got lip filler and tried to play it off as an allergic reaction until the swelling went down....did anyone else think this?
I think they're seasoned enough on booktube to do events and they're probably better at events than anyone else on booktube. They do have more of a presenter vibe and the right personality for it, I honestly can't imagine anyone on booktube rn who would be good presenters for SDCC

chriz92
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by chriz92 »

xoxorupert wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:54 pm
boredafbooks wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:56 pm

I think they're seasoned enough on booktube to do events and they're probably better at events than anyone else on booktube. They do have more of a presenter vibe and the right personality for it, I honestly can't imagine anyone on booktube rn who would be good presenters for SDCC
They might be seasoned enough but they are so out of touch with booktube it's not even funny. Natasha hasn't posted a book-centric video in over a year. And it feels like Christine only talks about books when she does stuff like bookhauls, favorites lists and stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, I like them both but they don't represent booktube anymore.

boredafbooks
Learner
Learner

Post by boredafbooks »

I actually think the podcast with Christine and Natasha (Tashapolis) is a good move, I'm surprised more booktubers haven't tried to start a podcast.

The first episode was rough around the edges, but I think they will smooth it out.

I do think they're asking a little too much on their patreon for what the perks are...

smilesuperhero
Debater
Debater

Post by smilesuperhero »

boredafbooks wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:10 pm
I actually think the podcast with Christine and Natasha (Tashapolis) is a good move, I'm surprised more booktubers haven't tried to start a podcast.

The first episode was rough around the edges, but I think they will smooth it out.

I do think they're asking a little too much on their patreon for what the perks are...
The fact they announced the patreon 5 days ago, the video has 8,300 views, Christine has 428,000 subscribers, and they only have 18 patrons on it right now is... a little embarrassing.

driedlavender
Learner
Learner

Post by driedlavender »

Does Christine never chill? Like is that her real personality/energy level or an on-screen persona she feels she needs to maintain? I feel like it would be exhausting to be around her (or be her) if how she is on camera is how she is in real life 😂

WanderingWeirdo2
Debater
Debater

Post by WanderingWeirdo2 »

driedlavender wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:19 am
Does Christine never chill? Like is that her real personality/energy level or an on-screen persona she feels she needs to maintain? I feel like it would be exhausting to be around her (or be her) if how she is on camera is how she is in real life 😂
It makes for an interesting dynamic on her podcast. Christine is hysterical, talk laughing through her words until she's barely forming sentences and then Natasha is stone faced beside her lmao

driedlavender
Learner
Learner

Post by driedlavender »

WanderingWeirdo2 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:50 am
driedlavender wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:19 am
It makes for an interesting dynamic on her podcast. Christine is hysterical, talk laughing through her words until she's barely forming sentences and then Natasha is stone faced beside her lmao
Hm I’ll have to try out the podcast, I was just watching some videos and feeling exhausted 😂 but that does sound entertaining lol

Return to “BookTube”