New Masertwatti same old wing mirrors Part 33

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: New Masertwatti same old wing mirrors Part 33

Post by WORDSALAD »

gapil27 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:50 am
Serein Wu just did a review on the palette. The amount of ass licking in the video, I just can't :barf:

Did not make it to the end. Sorry guys. I wanted to know where the palette was made. Guess I'll have to rely on Tarababyz for that. She'll have that palette for sure lol.
Just clocked it. Haven't watched (and won't - thanks for the heads up) but spotted her swatching on her upper arm in the thumbnail animation. Why is this a thing now? Can we blame Twati or is it just general gimmicky bullshit? Can't people just swatch on their hands any more??

Also the swatches looked fairly bog standard. Nowt special. Basically that's what this palette is. Bog standard. - And anyone who says otherwise is a bullshitter. It will be a good sorting hat for the real ones vs. The bullshitters- Who claims it is something special vs. Who doesn't.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

That palette is one I can dupe easily right from my current stash. And I'm sitting here, too, praying that we get the good stuff on Friday in the Shane video.
Last edited by thehippiechick on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Bonki
Informer
Informer

Post by Bonki »

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:04 am
Part of me hopes that on Friday Shane drops the "drama" part of his series that he teased in the initial trailer he released. That timing would be hilarious.
I would be LIVING if that happens! I really want to know why her and J* aren't friends anymore.

arctous
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by arctous »

GuruWannabe wrote:
modernbio wrote:
CheesyBirdMess wrote: Some close ups of the palette... IT LOOKS SO ITCHY!

i like how you can see how the glitters are like the wet n wild cheap ones and how there's an overlay of shimmer on that orange hahahaha
I cannot get over how god dam boring this palette it. I get the concept of having the same shade in multiple finishes/textures BUT COME ON. I could see doing one colour and then a glitter in the same shade, there is no need for 4 finishes of each. I get that she is more of a natural girl (plus glitter) and would not release a colour story like J* but a little variety would not kill her. I am looking forward to seeing reviews but the formula better blast all other palettes out of the water if it looks this drab. But as you say it looks like they had to GO IN on those glitters and the over lay is giving it that weird texture which is what happened to my 88 colour BH cosmetics palette in like 2009.
I think the pictures are from the party, and that palette was swatched by many people? I could be wrong.

I have no patience for eyeshadow but I agree - I don't see the use in having three shimmer shades in the same color? I'd have liked to see maybe a wider variety of shades that would work for all skin tones (I always see POC saying that the given "transition shade" in a palette doesn't work for them) with one corresponding shimmer per shade. But she wouldn't be old Toots if she thought about diversity.

arctous
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by arctous »

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:04 am
Part of me hopes that on Friday Shane drops the "drama" part of his series that he teased in the initial trailer he released. That timing would be hilarious.
It would be so brilliant if he uploaded on Thursday and turned everyone off of buying her palette! He can't work that fast though.

Phil3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Phil3 »

Boreen! Don't care to have glittereen eyeshadow. Really dont.

Poldl
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Poldl »

arctous wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:46 am

I think the pictures are from the party, and that palette was swatched by many people? I could be wrong.

I have no patience for eyeshadow but I agree - I don't see the use in having three shimmer shades in the same color? I'd have liked to see maybe a wider variety of shades that would work for all skin tones (I always see POC saying that the given "transition shade" in a palette doesn't work for them) with one corresponding shimmer per shade. But she wouldn't be old Toots if she thought about diversity.
I remember a foundation review video she did, where she argued that foundation had too many shades. Easy for someone who clearly doesn't care about matching her foundation to her actual skin color to say that.

chocolatechip_c00kie
Debater
Debater

Post by chocolatechip_c00kie »

She is trying way too hard to do things differently than anyone else when it comes to her products, and I think it will backfire.
Relationship status: table for one but drinks for two.

lamelifetwati
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lamelifetwati »

just skim through that serein wu video, the palette still boring af. maybe someone more skillful can save it.
for matte to swatch bad is very easy, but metallic shouldn't, the metallic seem very dull with low shine.

don't want to shade her, but the demo look looks like she only have 5mins to do her makeup.

jesus christ, all the no-one-really-know-who pop up with her palette,
just saw a dude make her palette look more interesting, let's just say that he might improves in the future,
it wasn't really that difficult of a look but somehow he got glitter all over his head, yes, not just face, but in his hair too.
either he doesn't know how to deal with glitter or the glitter just not pressed/formulated in very stay put form.
shitting glitter tatti

BooGooRoo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BooGooRoo »

I'm a medium toned POC and half of these would be highlight/topper shades for me. This was clearly developed with a certain type of consumer in mind, and they aren't too melaninated. 🤔

It's obviously a matter of preference and the types of looks you do, but I find "sequin" shades totally practical. Can't use them as transition colors, but they don't pop enough as a shimmer/highlight/topper. TBH all sequin shades remind me of those Delia's or Claire's palettes you'd buy in the late '90s before shimmers and glitters debuted.

Also, maybe I'm getting too in the weeds here but does anyone else take issue with her calling these "neutrals"? The orange and fuschia shades (refuse to call them whatever BS name she assigned) are hella warm. If I had to take one neutral palette with me when travelling, this would NOT be it. Can't even create a full look FFS.

metoo182
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by metoo182 »

So I realize I'm way late to the game - missed this weekend - was pissed she didn't acknowledge that there would be no video on Friday. Like...that is your job. To post videos 3x a week. If you aren't going to post, the polite thing to do is to tell your viewers that there won't be a video that day - like she has always done in the past. Speaks volumes that the one day she is supposed to upload after her launch and the same day Shane/Jeffree uplaod, she goes radio silent. I thought that was so rude. She just ignored aaaalll the questions.

ALSO - I'm so glad Shane and Jeffree dropped the series when they did - we know how much it takes to make a pallette. How much money goes into actually manufacturing it. So if she prices it too high and gives some bullshit excuse, everyone will call her out on it cause they know the truth now.

metoo182
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by metoo182 »

Dutchie07 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:34 pm
On her 'business' insta page she posted: The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine #ritual. And after that she posted a picture of a road and at the end of the road you see a rainbow. Okay, and now what? Like, what is the purpose of posting emo quotes about life as a nearly 40 year old woman? Is she just figuring out life or what? Does she need a pad on the shoulder? Do we have to applause her? She is in the youtube game for years, she has a big platform and is the CEO of Halo. Why being so dramatic for this new launch. If it was her first big thing, her first launch, okay, maybe I'll understand the emo phase. But why the fuck is she doing this? I find it quite sad actually..and she is posting this shit on her BUSINESS page. Post it at least on your personal account.

There is something wrong with this woman. She has problems with herself. It is just sad to see a nearly 40 year old woman post shit like this and just the fact that she feels the need to post this. Is she so troubled inside, does she want to let everyone know how difficult her life was and she worked sooooo hard, and now she made it???? She seems so sad and lonely and I really think she is mentally way waaaay behind people of her age. Her behaviour reminds me of my 16 year old self, posting emo quotes on facebook about my first love and life and all the bullshit in between. Looking back at it, I can laugh about it. It was so childish and attention seeking but I was a child. But why Tati?!
I'm so sick of those stupid quotes and shit all over her and her brand's page. It is so 2010. Even Huda Beauty doesn't do that shit anymore. I mean...what is that supposed to do?!!! What is the purpose?!

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

is november supposed to be the eyeshadow launch armageddon or something? i don't watch the show... but i saw something that said some random teen mom chick from mtv is coming out with a beauty line in november as well.

she doesn't care for poc. she doesn't care for anyone but her flat assed self and her douche manager.

i like makeup, i do, but i have dupes (BETTER products) that i've had and loved for years that will outdo her shit any day.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

metoo182
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by metoo182 »

Character Assassin wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:13 pm
Drinking game to play while watching the latest video :
Take a shot every time Twati looks at herself in the viewfinder. You’ll be hospitalized within the first 3 minutes OR take a sip every time she flips her hair, you’ll have alcohol poisoning in 30 seconds
I'm just now watching this video and omg....why...why why does she keep LOOKING AT HERSELF! I get it if you are doing makeup. But you are already made up. Why do you keep glancing at yourself?! Narcissistic much?!

arctous
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by arctous »

metoo182 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:05 am
So I realize I'm way late to the game - missed this weekend - was pissed she didn't acknowledge that there would be no video on Friday. Like...that is your job. To post videos 3x a week. If you aren't going to post, the polite thing to do is to tell your viewers that there won't be a video that day - like she has always done in the past. Speaks volumes that the one day she is supposed to upload after her launch and the same day Shane/Jeffree uplaod, she goes radio silent. I thought that was so rude. She just ignored aaaalll the questions.

ALSO - I'm so glad Shane and Jeffree dropped the series when they did - we know how much it takes to make a pallette. How much money goes into actually manufacturing it. So if she prices it too high and gives some bullshit excuse, everyone will call her out on it cause they know the truth now.
If she had a real job she'd get fired for a no call/no show.

Manybananas
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Manybananas »

So has Twatti completely alienated herself from all the other gooroos she has to invite a bunch of nobodies with less than 400 followers to come to her launch and kiss her nonexistant ass?
Some say our national pastime is baseball. Not me. It's gossip.
-E.Bombeck

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

I just don't really get the concept.
in the photos I see a palette with cheap glitter and colours I personally don't like.
also, there is a woman who looks 50 covered in glitter with big styled hair.
wtf???

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

If it's roasting in there... Why in the FUCK are you wearing a sweater?
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

hooyah123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hooyah123 »

no_strings wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:03 pm
If it's roasting in there... Why in the FUCK are you wearing a sweater?
everything's appearances w tati, she was trying to exude fAlL viBeZzZzz
If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

SageLavender
Debater
Debater

Post by SageLavender »

48 dollars for glorified Morphe palette 😄

Return to “glamlifeguru/Tati”