Kristen Martin

Malingers
Talker
Talker

Re: Kristen Martin

Post by Malingers »

nothing_much wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:09 am
I still don’t fully understand how much control over ads creators have but 5 Unskippable mid roll ads seems excessive. Especially since a good chunk of her content is promoting paid courses anyways.

Good god she mentions her hair AGAIN in her latest vlog. Literally no one cares.

I can’t decide if it’s funny or sad that she came crawling back to authortube after telling her writing audience to eff off because she was an enlightened spiritual guru now...
Mid-roll ads are up to the creator.

Storyteller25
Talker
Talker

Post by Storyteller25 »

I'm a little tempted to buy her mind-mapping course just to see what it's about. Her write 50k course (which I bought at half price before I found out she was a scammer) was useless though so I can't imagine it would be any more useful. Her courses tend to be geared towards beginners, which I'm not.

Malingers
Talker
Talker

Post by Malingers »

I find it fascinating that after trying to sell her viewers STUPID EXPENSIVE flowers a few months back, now she's buying hers from the dollar store...but okay lady, whatever you say.

ForeverTBR
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by ForeverTBR »

Storyteller25 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:25 am
I'm a little tempted to buy her mind-mapping course just to see what it's about. Her write 50k course (which I bought at half price before I found out she was a scammer) was useless though so I can't imagine it would be any more useful. Her courses tend to be geared towards beginners, which I'm not.
You know she's a scammer, don't waste your money! Spend it on Scapple instead if you want to mind map. It's made by the same company as Scrivener and is cheap. I love it.

chocolatebunny
Learner
Learner

Post by chocolatebunny »

ForeverTBR wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:28 am
Storyteller25 wrote:
You know she's a scammer, don't waste your money! Spend it on Scapple instead if you want to mind map. It's made by the same company as Scrivener and is cheap. I love it.
I’m not who you were talking to but wanted to say thanks for the rec, I’ve been using coggle but scapple looks better. I’ll give it a try!

ForeverTBR
Learner
Learner

Post by ForeverTBR »

chocolatebunny wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:24 am
ForeverTBR wrote:
Storyteller25 wrote:
I’m not who you were talking to but wanted to say thanks for the rec, I’ve been using coggle but scapple looks better. I’ll give it a try!
You're welcome. I hope you love it as much as I do. :tu:

Beware The Wheelers
Informer
Informer

Post by Beware The Wheelers »

Awe poor KM. She's out of money again. Her book isn't selling (she's also not promoting it). She needs people to buy her stupid Valiance course so she's acting like an author again.

Is this October 2019 all over again? Remember, she was supposed to publish Jaded Spring a year ago and decided instead, she was going to try and fill a room with 300 people for a weekend conference? Hey KM, did the 4 people that purchased tickets to that ever get their money back???

nevermore
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by nevermore »

ForeverTBR wrote:
Storyteller25 wrote:
Spend it on Scapple instead if you want to mind map. It's made by the same company as Scrivener and is cheap. I love it.
Same! :tu: I just wish they had it for iOS :boohoo:

..... I actually looked into the one Jenna Moreci was flogging a little while back. It was actually really good. Just haven't had the chance to play much.

I was following her on insta and had to unfollow because the amount of selling she does is unbearable!!! :roll: ..... I would not trust her opinion or process whatsoever. I think you would be better off saving your money and trying one of the masterclasses instead.

May14159
Informer
Informer

Post by May14159 »

it is so funny to me that Kristen has 'discovered' the dollar tree store and is so fascinated by it

Storyteller25
Talker
Talker

Post by Storyteller25 »

On her insta stories, she posted about a mom who had lost her daughter to suicide and decided it would be a good idea to basically say "Oh, I have a podcast to help anyone feeling sad over things on the internet". She really has NO shame.

catgolightly
Learner
Learner

Post by catgolightly »

nothing_much wrote:
I still don’t fully understand how much control over ads creators have but 5 Unskippable mid roll ads seems excessive. Especially since a good chunk of her content is promoting paid courses anyways.

Good god she mentions her hair AGAIN in her latest vlog. Literally no one cares.

I can’t decide if it’s funny or sad that she came crawling back to authortube after telling her writing audience to eff off because she was an enlightened spiritual guru now...
I swear to god, she is so fucking full of shit, I'm surprised she doesn't choke on it. How she wrote four books in the same series is a literal joke in itself. Bet I could write a series twice as long on how incoherent, full of plot holes, and shamelessly self-aggrandizing they are... you think I could "for fans of Kristen Martin and common sense" in the blurb?

If anyone wants to help me with the first title, I'll actually give it a shot...

chipsandpickles
Learner
Learner

Post by chipsandpickles »

I noticed she started uploading author stuff again and you nailed it on the head. Of course shes wanting to sell her course bc its money making season for her. She has cycles that are so easy to spot. Anyone else the views on her last few videos? Wouldnt be surprised if she doubles down and comes back to AT with a vengeance bc she seems desperate for money and knows she can scam and make money off new writers. Wonder if her 401k finally ran out bc im convinced she cashed it out when she quit her job and has been living off of it.

chipsandpickles
Learner
Learner

Post by chipsandpickles »

catgolightly wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:47 pm
nothing_much wrote:

I swear to god, she is so fucking full of shit, I'm surprised she doesn't choke on it. How she wrote four books in the same series is a literal joke in itself. Bet I could write a series twice as long on how incoherent, full of plot holes, and shamelessly self-aggrandizing they are... you think I could "for fans of Kristen Martin and common sense" in the blurb?

If anyone wants to help me with the first title, I'll actually give it a shot...
You should call it “Beautiful Scams” bc she always calls us Beautiful Souls. LMAO!

WanderingWeirdo2
Debater
Debater

Post by WanderingWeirdo2 »

Never realized Jaded Spring has no reviews (not even on Goodreads), as well as a rank that implies no sales. She really has a channel on making it as a self-published author, and then threw this book out into the world with no marketing or care. Makes me wonder why she even bothered publishing it.

Also, I just watched one of her videos for the first time in a while and I forgot how annoying she is. Calling yourself a nerd and weird isn't a personality, Kristen. Hey, wait a minute... Did she *gasp* not talk about her hair in a video? Progress!

Storyteller25
Talker
Talker

Post by Storyteller25 »

I bought Jaded Spring because I was interested to see where she'll take the series, but I'm struggling to get through Renegade Crux. The plot is slow and the chapters are so short and choppy that barely anything happens before the POV switches. The POV switches, in my opinion, are unnecessary anyway. I still can't believe she thought it was a good idea to have Arden's POV in 1st person and the other chapters in 3rd person limited.

egomaniacpancakes
Learner
Learner

Post by egomaniacpancakes »

She's done a bang up job of Marketing cause till you mentioned Jaded Spring I had no idea that it was the next book the Shadow Crown series. She just dropped that turd and flushed it.

I though when she became a light worker and entrepreneur that she left publishing Shadow Crown books behind.

Storyteller25
Talker
Talker

Post by Storyteller25 »

egomaniacpancakes wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:18 pm
She's done a bang up job of Marketing cause till you mentioned Jaded Spring I had no idea that it was the next book the Shadow Crown series. She just dropped that turd and flushed it.

I though when she became a light worker and entrepreneur that she left publishing Shadow Crown books behind.
I have a feeling that she's just stretching the plot out because in previous videos, she says she wanted the series to be six books. As an author myself, I've had ideas for series and how many books I wanted them to be. Sometimes I'm right and have enough plot to fill that number, but sometimes I'm wrong and either only have enough plot for less books or I exceed it. I'm only on the second book of the Shadow Crown series and I can already tell the plot is too thin for six books. Nothing of substance is happening. A slow-burn plot works in romance, but it doesn't work well in the fantasy genre.

WriteWithMe
Learner
Learner

Post by WriteWithMe »

She's working on a secret project and is "launching" to her membership first. Anyone wanna guess its ANOTHER course?

Beautylight
Learner
Learner

Post by Beautylight »

WriteWithMe wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:38 pm
She's working on a secret project and is "launching" to her membership first. Anyone wanna guess its ANOTHER course?
I call Oracle cards or some spiritual guidance zoom chat for half off down to $97.

WanderingWeirdo2
Debater
Debater

Post by WanderingWeirdo2 »

I wonder how many sales she even gets from these courses. My guess would be not a lot, since she screenshots her orders and shares them on her instastories.

Return to “BookTube”