Emma "everything is going down" Hill Rant Thread #2

melindagomez
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma "everything is going down" Hill Rant Thread #2

Post by melindagomez »

I wonder if her home improvement channel was an attempt to add a second revenue stream to her business, get away from fashion all together or just a way to write off their renovation as "business expenses."

Her home decorating style mimics her fast fashion ways no matter how much she tries to brand herself as sustainable. It's all current trends and cheap materials even though she is spending $$$ because she's doing almost everything at once. Nothing they chose speaks classic lasting style, quality or gives me a sense of their individual style besides their horrific taste in bad overpriced Disney art. That tacky stuff I feel like they truly love and will be the only thing to last 5+ years in their house out of everything they did this year.

Post by Guest »

Almost 3 weeks now of no new content, plus a couple of snarky updates so that nobody dares wonder why she has no content. :roll:
Has she even mentioned what her new schedule will look like moving forward? Will it be a video a week/ fortnight/ month? Has she said anything at all that I may have missed?

Everyone I know, including myself, is now unemployed due to covid. Even the work-from-home stuff I had for work fell through because companies cannot afford to pay people. Yet, she is in one of the few industries that is unaffected by the lockdowns, and she flat out refuses to work. How? Why? What?
Where is the sense of gratitude for being lucky enough to have a job that you can comfortably do from home and a routine that is completely unaffected by current circumstances?
I would give anything to be working right now, meanwhile she has the opportunity to but would rather lounge around.

Sorry for the rant. I do appreciate these are tough times and she has anxiety but she's taking the mick at this point.
For the record, my anxiety was at one point crippling so I really do not dismiss her feelings, but I don't think this is anxiety-driven. I feel like she's unaware of how lucky she is to be able to work and she has taken the easy way out by turning this into a holiday (whilst not officially declaring it a holiday).

e_l_t_84
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by e_l_t_84 »

She posted a photo yesterday of her wearing her NHS rainbow T-shirt. She received a lovely comment from a follower saying how much she suited it and that although the follower knew she loved her nudes, that she should incorporate some colour now and then and it would cheer her up. The comment finished saying that the follower missed Emma, hoped she was safe etc. It was a really lovely comment. Emma’s snarky response ‘I actually think it’s down to personal preference. If someone doesn’t like colour in their wardrobe then it is unlikely to bring them joy. I stick to what makes me happy 👍.’

The follower’s response ‘100% agree. Sorry this sounded disrespectful it wasn’t what I intended’

WTF??? A follower takes the time to leave a lovely comment, complimenting her and giving advice. She sends a snarky response back and that follower apologises for offending her?

I’m really surprised at Emma, didn’t think she was like that and I’ve followed her for a while. There’s just no need.

I’m going to unfollow her after seeing that. All this ‘telling it like it is’ is all rubbish, she’s just rude and there’s no excuse for that.

Sointothis
Learner
Learner

Post by Sointothis »

e_l_t_84 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:35 am
She posted a photo yesterday of her wearing her NHS rainbow T-shirt. She received a lovely comment from a follower saying how much she suited it and that although the follower knew she loved her nudes, that she should incorporate some colour now and then and it would cheer her up. The comment finished saying that the follower missed Emma, hoped she was safe etc. It was a really lovely comment. Emma’s snarky response ‘I actually think it’s down to personal preference. If someone doesn’t like colour in their wardrobe then it is unlikely to bring them joy. I stick to what makes me happy 👍.’

The follower’s response ‘100% agree. Sorry this sounded disrespectful it wasn’t what I intended’

WTF??? A follower takes the time to leave a lovely comment, complimenting her and giving advice. She sends a snarky response back and that follower apologises for offending her?

I’m really surprised at Emma, didn’t think she was like that and I’ve followed her for a while. There’s just no need.

I’m going to unfollow her after seeing that. All this ‘telling it like it is’ is all rubbish, she’s just rude and there’s no excuse for that.

This says so much of who she is as a person. Thats uncalled for and frankly just a nasty way of answering back a very nice comment. She probably thought it was an underhanded way of insulting her style. Shes dumb.

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

What a bratty reply. She can't take any kind of criticism, no matter how gentle or minute. Unless the comment is overtly complimentary, like "LEGGGGGGS for DAYS!" or "Love, love love this/you", she gets so goddamn defensive. This person wasn't trying to insult her or say something nasty at all, so why even respond? She's always been rude, but I think this isolation is eroding what social skills she has left.

Regarding her work situation, I do wonder if she and Simon are unemployed right now-- as "unemployed" as you can be when you're self-employed I guess. She could still be making money from Youtube ads, but I doubt her affiliate links are generating much since people aren't buying a lot these days. And I can't imagine brands are reaching out to her right now, as the retail industry is hemorrhaging money. I'm curious if @2xblended can weigh in, since you've got more insight into the blogger industry?

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

Is Emma a Theresa May/Boris Johnson supporter type?

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

melindagomez wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:42 pm
Is Emma a Theresa May/Boris Johnson supporter type?
Lol I wouldn't be surprised if she has conservative beliefs, but spouts whatever is popular and makes her look "woke" on her channel. She strikes me as the type of bullheaded person who believes things like "I can't be racist because I have a black friend."

AlexanderTeAmo
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexanderTeAmo »

e_l_t_84 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:35 am
Emma’s snarky response ‘I actually think it’s down to personal preference. If someone doesn’t like colour in their wardrobe then it is unlikely to bring them joy. I stick to what makes me happy 👍.’
Emma's such an angry violent cow. Do you remember that video where she's driving and screaming furiously at the other cars because she's stuck in traffic?

She's also at least 2 years behind the furniture trend. All she does is copy and copy and copy. She wants so badly to be posh just by copying how others live. She's so empty, has zero culture, is zero socially speaking (self-admitted misanthrope). All her ambition are APPEARANCES, that's why she loves instagram: even when she's feeling like $hit she posts covering her face so we don't see how miserable she's feeling.

Same dining chairs, bought much before by Megan Ellaby:

Same 2 parts sofa, Lizzy Hadfield's mom's constantly featured furniture:

Post by Guest »

meowmeowbeans wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:26 am

Regarding her work situation, I do wonder if she and Simon are unemployed right now-- as "unemployed" as you can be when you're self-employed I guess. She could still be making money from Youtube ads, but I doubt her affiliate links are generating much since people aren't buying a lot these days. And I can't imagine brands are reaching out to her right now, as the retail industry is hemorrhaging money. I'm curious if @2xblended can weigh in, since you've got more insight into the blogger industry?
What little insight I can offer is limited as I changed careers a year ago, but I follow the industry out of habit and have friends still in it.
I know that some retail outlets (H&M, LilySilk, etc.) have thrown freebies and vouchers at influencers in the past month in order to draw in more online sales. Luisaviaroma, Farfetch and the like are offering more affiliate codes and discounts, and will continue to do so as nobody wants stock sitting in their warehouses.

Many brands have taken their traditional marketing budget and re-allocated towards influencers in the past few weeks, just because that is where people are turning for entertainment/distraction, and thus their best hopes of drumming up online sales and revenue.
Which is all well and good, but are people buying or are these efforts falling on deaf ears?

Surprisingly, there is a spike in online sales on retail and other non-essential items, including luxury sunglasses (which I found to be random, lol). It seems people are 'treating' themselves with retail therapy, or planning for life after the lockdowns.
My personal feeling is that those who have enough saved up to enjoy shopping as usual are taking advantage of the big sales currently going on, whilst those in tighter financial situations are focused on only essentials. There's a segment in between that is actively trying to shop to keep the economy moving somewhat (based on surveys), and I'm seeing reports of that approach in the UK and Germany, not so much in the US.

Lydia Millen, Patricia Bright and Sophie Shohet are all hauling and generating regular YT content and income for themselves during this time. Emma and Simon can do the same but seem to be choosing not to? If they were proactive and reaching out to brands, they could keep their income steady and remain employed.

Emma could also take this chance to vlog stuff that would take her channel in a new direction and bring herself other income streams. She could talk about anxiety during this time (she would get a ton of new followers), or since she wants to be sustainable, she could show how she's using what she already owns in new ways, or talk about the positive environmental impact the lockdowns are having, or she could talk about being self-employed and how she runs the business side of things. Heck, should could even do a vlog series on Disney! You are welcome to run with any of these ideas, Emma.

She could branch out and experiment to see what brings her joy and what kind of different content brings in more views. I'm surprised she's not choosing to do so. It's almost as if without clothing hauls she feels she has nothing to create content on, when in reality she could really be as creative and diverse as she wants. This is a great opportunity to try something different and it's a shame she's not using it.

Post by Guest »

I will add to the above, that whilst it's easy for me to say she could use this opportunity do work more, if she's really anxious (though she has not shown it), it would be much harder to act on the opportunity and she would want to lay low. I can also understand not wanting to expose that part of your life to a huge audience, as there is a lot of stigma still around mental health issues.

I just wish she would properly announce a definite period for this break and her return, because right now she's using her sudden absence to drum up engagement on her channel (people asking if she's okay) and I find that to be a manipulative tactic, at best. Her snarky responses to people are just adding another layer of unprofessional behviour to the mix.

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

I know this is an Emma thread but since Sophie Shohet was mentioned, what is up with Sophie Shohet? I get such major scam artist vibes from her.

Post by Guest »

melindagomez wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:24 am
I know this is an Emma thread but since Sophie Shohet was mentioned, what is up with Sophie Shohet? I get such major scam artist vibes from her.
Sophie has her own thread and that thread could use more people on it since she's decided covid is a good time to "take advantage of the luxury market". Here's the link:
https://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=225

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

Thanks as always for your input! I guess it's a good thing that Emma isn't actively trying to convince her viewers to buy more from the sales, so that's a silver lining, haha.
2xblended wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:47 pm
She could branch out and experiment to see what brings her joy and what kind of different content brings in more views. I'm surprised she's not choosing to do so. It's almost as if without clothing hauls she feels she has nothing to create content on, when in reality she could really be as creative and diverse as she wants. This is a great opportunity to try something different and it's a shame she's not using it.
This is an important point. If fashion--or if we want to be charitable, "style", since she doesn't know fashion from her elbow-- truly gave her joy, then she'd be playing with her wardrobe right now and shopping her own pieces. She wouldn't be able to NOT want to play with her clothes. As an example, Lisa Eldridge (who is a saint) has nothing to do either, but she loves makeup and playing with her kit even though she has no clients at the moment. So she experiments, asks her viewers for ideas, and just plays around for the fun of it. Emma is doing no such thing. She has a massive wardrobe with shoes, bags, and designer and luxury pieces many women would salivate over, and they're sitting there collecting dust. Wouldn't you just want to wear something beautiful and completely impractical, just for the fun of it? Do something wacky because you have nowhere to go and nobody to impress? (Of course, this would be way more fun if your wardrobe wasn't 90% beige and blazers).

But no, clearly this does not spark joy for Emma, just as colors do not spark joy. The creative aspect of fashion doesn't resonate with her, only the acquisition of new things, so long as they're squarely in her comfort zone, and striving to look like everybody else. She sticks with what makes her happy, which is trying to find a selfie pose that will make her look thin and tall, and putting on a t-shirt and basic-ass shorts and feeling that this warrants a NEW POST announcement.

Post by Guest »

meowmeowbeans wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:13 am
Thanks as always for your input! I guess it's a good thing that Emma isn't actively trying to convince her viewers to buy more from the sales, so that's a silver lining, haha.
2xblended wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:47 pm
This is an important point. If fashion--or if we want to be charitable, "style", since she doesn't know fashion from her elbow-- truly gave her joy, then she'd be playing with her wardrobe right now and shopping her own pieces. She wouldn't be able to NOT want to play with her clothes. As an example, Lisa Eldridge (who is a saint) has nothing to do either, but she loves makeup and playing with her kit even though she has no clients at the moment. So she experiments, asks her viewers for ideas, and just plays around for the fun of it. Emma is doing no such thing. She has a massive wardrobe with shoes, bags, and designer and luxury pieces many women would salivate over, and they're sitting there collecting dust. Wouldn't you just want to wear something beautiful and completely impractical, just for the fun of it? Do something wacky because you have nowhere to go and nobody to impress? (Of course, this would be way more fun if your wardrobe wasn't 90% beige and blazers).

But no, clearly this does not spark joy for Emma, just as colors do not spark joy. The creative aspect of fashion doesn't resonate with her, only the acquisition of new things, so long as they're squarely in her comfort zone, and striving to look like everybody else. She sticks with what makes her happy, which is trying to find a selfie pose that will make her look thin and tall, and putting on a t-shirt and basic-ass shorts and feeling that this warrants a NEW POST announcement.
Love. Every. Single. Word. in your post! :tu:

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

From IG stories it looks like they are now solidly in their Disney prints decor phase hahaha. I like a bit of quirk every now and then, but it seems slightly ridiculous to order so many Disney prints in one go. What aesthetic is she going for? I mean, they essentially spent thousands repainting everything in the most boring shades possible, to achieve some Pinterest board #goals. I don't understand how plastering Disney everywhere fits in.

Post by Guest »

Squishypotato wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:27 am
From IG stories it looks like they are now solidly in their Disney prints decor phase hahaha. I like a bit of quirk every now and then, but it seems slightly ridiculous to order so many Disney prints in one go. What aesthetic is she going for? I mean, they essentially spent thousands repainting everything in the most boring shades possible, to achieve some Pinterest board #goals. I don't understand how plastering Disney everywhere fits in.
You're right, it doesn't fit in at all. Having said that, at least it's personal to her and she's not just following whatever hashtag is trending in interiors.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Geez she's awful touchy about her weight in the insta stories post. Not that it is ok really , but usually if someone loses weight people will ask how they did it and make comments like "wow you look great"

And considering the only thing she shows us is her legs and what not now , I can understand people asking. I thought she had maybe lost a lb or two.

Like it is just life, people as intrusive questions online bc you sell yourself as being someone's friend, so when people think you are friends they ask normal friend questions. Asking if someone will get married, pregnant, or discussing their weight is always a personal thing , but that is life! People ask about those things if you know them well or not, if she worked at a typical job her co workers would ask her the same thing! She should either ignore it or have said something a bit nicer, her tone is always so rude.

Post by Guest »

^ I was just coming to post the same as I'd missed it earlier. What is going on with her snarky comments lately?
If she doesn't want to address her weight, she could just ignore those questions entirely. It's her platform. Or, she could do something WiLd and, you know, be polite when she responds.
What the actual hell is going on with her? How can she think this tone is professional in any way? Has she forgotten that this is her business and she is the face of it?

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

The advertising industry has been playing this trick for decades, where a combination of makeup, lighting, angles, and a team of Photoshop retouchers has warped us into thinking perfection is normal and achievable (and you could be too! if you'd just get off the couch and make the six figures to afford it, ya lazy piece of shit!). Emma and her ilk do the same exact thing, shooting 100 photos to get the one that magically hides/shrinks the "wrong" (bad) things and accentuates the "right"(good) ones. The difference is that her platform brings you into her life, so you think she's your aspirational friend, therefore it must all be true. Yes, she posts photos of herself making those horrific faces and her personality speaks for itself...but we're meant to think that is the exception. Our brains are really good at forgetting about those and wanting to believe the posed and polished images are the "good" ones.

So when she posts this manipulative trickery--which isn't even that cunning because you can see she's straining to stand on her tippy-toes and twist her waist around just so-- she has some nerve to clap back with this sanctimonious bs about "not discussing her weight." YOU ARE DELIBERATELY PRESENTING YOURSELF IN THIS WAY. In theory, I agree with her points that we all just need to stop thinking about weight period, especially other peoples', but I also understand that it is deeply ingrained in our collective psyche. Plus, this is the internet. People are gonna ask intrusive questions. She is the last person I need to be lecturing me about self-acceptance, body neutrality/positivity, or tearing down the patriarchy. If she has to respond, why can't she be real about it? Say that you have certain angles and poses that makes you look better, or that you've been going heavy on the self-tanner to make your limbs look thinner (YES, we noticed). Don't sneer at the people you are deliberately hoodwinking and then perpetuate their delusions by letting them assume you always look like that.

Long story short: stop being so rude, Emma.

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

Also, do not get me started on that faux Eames Lounge. :rofl:

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”