Mia Maples

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Mia Maples

Post by cheesecake134 »

She bought up $1000 worth of clothes and just.............forgot about them..............for 7 whole months.

$1000 worth of clothes, even at Princess Polly's price point, is a lot of stuff. To just not even realize you're missing A THOUSAND DOLLARS WORTH OF CLOTHING YOU JUST ORDERED is indicative of just how bad her shopping problem is and how massive her wardrobe is. My point still stands, she is bored as fuck with her money. She has so much coming in she literally doesn't know how to spend it and isn't even that excited by anything she orders anymore.

Peasant
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Peasant »

Her views seem to be going down 😬

Leia_ITA
Talker
Talker

Post by Leia_ITA »

Aaaaaaand she bought a designer puppy. Not even a purebred, just an over priced mutt

I’m a bit annoyed at all these YouTubed buying dogs and not promoting adoptions

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Leia_ITA wrote:Aaaaaaand she bought a designer puppy. Not even a purebred, just an over priced mutt

Congrats to Mia on graduating from dumbass to POS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietsummerday
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by quietsummerday »

Ughhhh it's SO upsetting that she got a designer dog. When she posted that insta story, I actually sent her a long DM about unethical breeding, designer dogs, finding an ethical breeder and/or adopting, etc. I'm sure other people did as well. Designer dogs and unethical breeding are some of the saddest things to me. I'm sure they'll give the dog a wonderful life, but they're just putting money in the pocket of an unethical breeder.

angelfire117
Informer
Informer

Post by angelfire117 »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:44 pm
Leia_ITA wrote:Aaaaaaand she bought a designer puppy. Not even a purebred, just an over priced mutt

Well, still a dumbass too. I watched a few minutes of the video and something about the way she was speaking and answering questions seemed like she had never had a dog/did zero research about the dog. Which is more sad if it’s her whole families dog and none of them did research or have any knowledge.

Atinylittledinosaur
Talker
Talker

Post by Atinylittledinosaur »

angelfire117 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:57 pm
Cheryl Blossom wrote:

Well, still a dumbass too. I watched a few minutes of the video and something about the way she was speaking and answering questions seemed like she had never had a dog/did zero research about the dog. Which is more sad if it’s her whole families dog and none of them did research or have any knowledge.
It's not her first dog, her childhood dog passed away last year. Her family also has other pets so they seem capable of taking care of another dog, and it seems like he's a well loved pup by everyone already, I don't think there's anything to be worried about.

angelfire117
Informer
Informer

Post by angelfire117 »

Atinylittledinosaur wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:41 am
angelfire117 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:57 pm
Cheryl Blossom wrote:

It's not her first dog, her childhood dog passed away last year. Her family also has other pets so they seem capable of taking care of another dog, and it seems like he's a well loved pup by everyone already, I don't think there's anything to be worried about.
I know it’s not. Thats why it bothered me. It seemed more like a dumbing down or like she was trying to relate with kids who’ve never had a dog/aren’t old enough to totally understand taking care of an animal.

Like I said, I only watched a few minutes so maybe it got better later on but she just always acts like such a ditz and I’m still not sure if it’s an act or she’s just dumb rich girl with no clue or care about the world outside her bubble.

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

Leia_ITA wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:58 pm
Aaaaaaand she bought a designer puppy. Not even a purebred, just an over priced mutt

Normally I would not defend Mia because I think she's dumb. But this is common in Edmonton. There's not a lot of strays or rescues - more than half the dog owners I know here bought dogs after waiting on the waitlist with the SPCA and the other handful of rescues in town. Though not typically designer dogs. You want a cat, WHARF will hook you up with three in a hot second but for some reason dogs are often in short supply. Some people will import rescues from Mexico just to bypass the waits. People post on the local subreddit and RFD websites to vent about waits or ask for for advice on how to nab a dog. It's wild.

LittleWonder
Learner
Learner

Post by LittleWonder »

Aaand we were 'blessed' with yet another wasting money on Wish...

I don't have much to say, it's same old 'omg guys, the quality is great' I only chuckled when she held up the 'satin' sheet and said it flows like water while it was still and didn't move much.

Still, I'd love for her to find the originals of the Wish products (where they stole the photos from) and do a comparison of the two. That'd be a great conversation of unethical production she could start with her young impressionable audience.

Side note: could any of you sleep under that pink fur monstrosity?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

When she started her wish hauls she referenced being inspired by Safiya... who at least was fairly honest when she reviewed wish crap. Like 95% of the things she thought were terrible - but that was kind of great because it made that 1 decent item a diamond in the rough. We all know the majority of Wish stuff is crap. Like, don't lie girl.

princezuko
Informer
Informer

Post by princezuko »

Maybe unpopular opinion but there's quite a few videos that I see come up in my sub box and go "who cares?" :|

In spite of a few issues I have with her, I do like Mia. I even enjoy her (rightfully) criticized videos about fast fashion. And like many others, I adore her wholesome mother. But lately some of her content is very... something I'd expect from a second channel or a bonus video. I think she thinks she's being creative, that her life/personhood is more interesting than it actually is, or maybe that all her subs really want to be more involved with her personal life but tbh I find it boring/pointless. At least in place of her regular content since she only uploads on weekends. But since nobody ever really complains about that and she gets consistent views, I think I might be alone in this haha

chicagogo1
Learner
Learner

Post by chicagogo1 »

princezuko wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:15 pm
Maybe unpopular opinion but there's quite a few videos that I see come up in my sub box and go "who cares?" :|

In spite of a few issues I have with her, I do like Mia. I even enjoy her (rightfully) criticized videos about fast fashion. And like many others, I adore her wholesome mother. But lately some of her content is very... something I'd expect from a second channel or a bonus video. I think she thinks she's being creative, that her life/personhood is more interesting than it actually is, or maybe that all her subs really want to be more involved with her personal life but tbh I find it boring/pointless. At least in place of her regular content since she only uploads on weekends. But since nobody ever really complains about that and she gets consistent views, I think I might be alone in this haha
You hit the nail on the head!
I'm either thinking who cares or skipping through half the video. I like Mia's personality but ever since she started her second channel I feel like the quality of her main channel went way down and then she stoped posting on her second channel at all and she's posting main channel videos that are months old maybe homegirl is just uninspired.

I really enjoyed her home/room Reno serries and wish she would do more of those. Her whole housing situation is so weird to me. She got that house for her and Tate but then not long after Tate moved out into his own apartment? And she spends most of her time back at her parents house? So she essentially bought a house just to have two filming rooms? So weird. Also just noticed the maples squared channel isn't listed in the "featured channel" of either of Mia's channels and it doesn't have either of Mia's channels listed in it's "featured channels" sections. Has it always been that way? Is there a little family drama? Can you tell I've been quarantined too long? Lol

I just skimmed the target swimsuit haul and 80% of the comments are about how perfect Mia's body is (and how theirs sucks) after she said she'd been eating "like a piggy". While I don't think Mia "odd shape" maples is responsible for others body image I wish she would realize how young her audience skews and try and frame her "body disclaimer" in a more positive light.

Leia_ITA
Talker
Talker

Post by Leia_ITA »

Does she knows that Amazon is just a reseller, right?

Because all the dresses she ordered in the last video are also available on wish/AliExpress... probably at half the price

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

Imagine being a guest in the Maples house and they're like "We have this completely uninsulated shed with a noticeable gap in the roof and no protection against bugs for you!"

I hated the makeover just for the fact it clearly was never meant for any real use and was just some home design content. Her fans go nuts for it, but she honestly has very boring taste. The ~nautical~ theme is very suburban mom of her. If she was going to put in the work she should have made it a functional she shed kind of thing.

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

cheesecake134 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:23 pm
Imagine being a guest in the Maples house and they're like "We have this completely uninsulated shed with a noticeable gap in the roof and no protection against bugs for you!"

I hated the makeover just for the fact it clearly was never meant for any real use and was just some home design content. Her fans go nuts for it, but she honestly has very boring taste. The ~nautical~ theme is very suburban mom of her. If she was going to put in the work she should have made it a functional she shed kind of thing.
But for real? I was interested in the video because I was like, "Oh cool, how are they going to insulate it and wire the electricity?"

And they didn't do any of that. Well, they somehow wired electricity in. A single whatchamacallit. It was all cosmetic. Completely useless outside of... Two months in the year.

Would have been cooler if she turned it into a legitimate office.

SageLavender
Debater
Debater

Post by SageLavender »

Mia using Jeffree Star mirror in video dedicated to BLM 🙄 and she's sponsored by scammy thredUP again.

angelfire117
Informer
Informer

Post by angelfire117 »

SageLavender wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:17 pm
Mia using Jeffree Star mirror in video dedicated to BLM 🙄 and she's sponsored by scammy thredUP again.
I would almost believe that she truly doesn’t know because sometimes she seems just that dumb but also it’s pretty important as a business woman (and most YTers view their channel as a business) to research who your supporting both privately and more importantly publicly. Also, she’s likely a privileged white girl in Canada that hasn’t even really had to think about. But if you’re gonna choose to bring attention to the cause and world issues, youre responsible for doing your research.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

She definitely knows, she just doesn’t give a shit. People have commented about it on her videos about it before and the comments get removed. Her posting about BLM is nothing more than performative, she doesn’t care about anything outside of her white privilege bubble

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

She really shows her age calling her wavy hair "crimps" and showing off one of those 2004 torture device hair wavers as if it's brand new technology.

They look straight up ugly on her too. Just unflattering, stiff looking, dated as hell. She really gave off dweeby horse girl energy with the waves and that unfortunate polo buttoned all the way up in her new video.

Return to “A-M”