Megan and Ciera

beecks12
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Megan and Ciera

Post by beecks12 »

I noticed that Megan and Ciera Stitz aka the twins from TheCheernastics2 (now TC2) didn't have their own topic and haven't really been talked about here. I was never into cheer/gymnastics, but they have their own personal channel where they post more lifestyle content like vlogs, hauls, Q&As, sponsorships/reviews, etc. as well as a weekly podcast. I follow them pretty regularly and I think their work ethic is pretty admirable, though I do think they lean a bit traditional/naive/sheltered in a sense. But good on them for being able to turn their huge following into a side channel that is probably more reflective of their interests now (and which itself has a decent following).

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Megan and Ciera

Post by lip »

^ Same as you I'm impressed with how they managed to transition their channel into adulthood.

My kids and I have watched their cheernastics channel almost from the beginning, but my kids lost interest as soon as Megan and Ciera moved into the Uni dorm room and when "little" Maggie grew up fast, got herself a boyfriend, stopped doing cheer, and was by then only sorta thirdweeling in the gym videos.

I however like to watch Megan and Cieras current vlogs. They may be a bit repetitive (gym/studying/dinner, repeat), but hey, that's how the daily life at University is. - But this also makes the vlogs very genuine, which is something I very like.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

I'm still watching, the vlogs are sorta boring, but I like how they choose are regular career path and clocked on that Youtube isn't going to be here forever.

mallisaortiga
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by mallisaortiga »

Honestly it's a mixture of proud and sad... proud for everything they have successfully achieved.. from their YouTube channel to owning a house...
Sad for how co dependent they are of each other. I remember how they said they would not live with each other after graduation because they wanted to find their partner.. well here we are in the year 2022 and they still are togther. They do tend to try to get some attention when they do those swimsuit try on hauls

Sent from my SM-A025U using Tapatalk

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Omg a forum for them. I still Watch them now and again. I was never into the cheernastics2 channel so much because it was just not my demographic but i liked when they did non-cheer and gymnastics stuff and love watching their vlogs now. I can see how the vlogs are boring. But i like that because i relate to boring. I got so sick of every small youtuber getting a decent following and then leaving for LA and becoming engulfed in that fake LA life that absolutely no one relates too. No one relates to having an enormous amount of money and nothing to do all day except eat at expensive restaurants, shop at expensive stores and decorate your house to look like every other millenial with a decent income. At least Megan and Ciera offer a unique but less glamorous look at what the majority of our day to day lives look like and maybe that’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But i like having people to watch who live like me. Up at 6 am, working out, going to a full time job, coming home and having dinner and relaxing and then sprinkling in some more fun days rather than living vicariously through girls who have tons of money and no job other than vlogging so it’s not relatable at all.

But man i do have to say though, i was rewatching their 2015 vlogmas and i realize now how much i cannot stand Maggie. I used To like her even back then. But now? She irritates me with how hard she tried to be cool and uncaring. She was always just making these faces like she had better things to do than vlog. She put no effort into it and was always trying to act like she was unbothered and cool. And every clip she sent was always just her explaining her day and saying “so yeah” at least Megan and Ciera filmed them doing stuff. But then again, all of the friends Maggie showed in that vlogmas were equally as show offy and annoying as her… now i know why parents mock their teenagers cause they’re cringy and annoying. Idk why i used To think she was so cool. I like That M&C don’t try to act cool or trendy or like typical teens. And maybe that’s why i like them still. I haven’t watched Maggie in years. I know She works as a social media manager and she’s not as cringy anymore, but i guess I just feel like M&C act a lot older than 22/23. Especially for having a masters and still deciding to get full time jobs and not move to LA to become influencers.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

mallisaortiga wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:25 pm
Honestly it's a mixture of proud and sad... proud for everything they have successfully achieved.. from their YouTube channel to owning a house...
Sad for how co dependent they are of each other. I remember how they said they would not live with each other after graduation because they wanted to find their partner.. well here we are in the year 2022 and they still are togther. They do tend to try to get some attention when they do those swimsuit try on hauls

I agree that they seem so codependent on each other. But they’re only in their early 20’s. You don’t need to be paired up and shipped off that young. But then they BOUGHT a house together and that seemed weird given that they were ending their internships and graduating soon, if they got jobs in other places, how would that affect being a homeowner? I would have waited til graduation and getting a job before i buy a house. I remember one of them made a comment about being unsure what they’ll do after graduation which seems odd because they went through like 5 years of schooling and unpaid internships just to be like idk if this is for me. I mean I’m sure they’ll get jobs and i can see how they’d need a break, but i was kinda surprised that they were just like yeah idk. Doesn’t sound like either of them started job searching yet.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

I still watch most vlogs. - I'm not sure if either of the twins has been in a relationship at all so far, and I think as soon as one of them finds a partner/boyfriend they will naturally drift apart.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

That’s possible. I find It interesting that neither of them have met someone. I’m not even sure they had friends? I didn’t Watch every vlog they made especially in undergrad college. But it definitely seems like they are each others only friend and the only things they do is study if not at their clinical. I know medical anything is a lot of work and you really don’t have a life, but they never seem to hang out with other people. I remember They said none of their friends like being in camera. But in today’s world, it’s a bit strange to think even a small clip would be frowned upon

ortigamitchell
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ortigamitchell »

They have a small group of friends but I think because everyone is studying they just stopped hanging out a lot... I know dating wise they've been on dating apps and into dating but they are to critical with it.. example can't remember which one but one of them complained that they went on a date with a guy who didn't have a Facebook and was following too many people on Instagram.. she went on that date but never bothered again with him... I still think they rely too much on each other...

ortigamitchell
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ortigamitchell »

I have no idea how you turn these beautiful twins into the most boring people ever aaah

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

Trust me if you would film a week in your life that's not holidays or festivities, it would look the same. Work, eat, sleep, read a book or watch movies or social media. And that's about it. It's all very mundane. - So are Megan and Ciera vlogs. Yet I still watch, mostly out if interest how and where their careers and (love) live will go.

Tttttrassh
Informer
Informer

Post by Tttttrassh »

Whatever you think about Maggie (I would characterize her as an unexceptional individual who knew her limits, whose best asset was her sense of humor) she seems to have gone further in the direction of her life goals than the twins. Them still living together is… not encouraging, although they seem perfectly well adjusted.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Personally i like mundane. I’m not interested in overly glamorized LA lifestyles where people are paid big money to live and wake up at 7 am and have a whole morning of doing skin care and meditation and working out and making massive elaborate 15 ingredient “healthy” meals and matcha lattes and sitting in your gorgeous overpriced LA apartment patio to read a book before going off to shop or do whatever they do. That life’s not attainable to 99# of their viewers. And i guess Some people like to live vicariously. But personally i like To watch people who have a life like mine. Up at 6 to workout and go to work and do mundane boring life things.

M&C aren’t for everyone. But i think That these overly edited influencers who live these highly glamorous unattainable lives have sort of ruined the beauty in the mundane and the relatability. It’s all about having gorgeous apartments usually in LA, shopping at overpriced stores like Aritizia and Revolve that the average person can’t afford to be shopping at than more than a splurge every so often. Where these people are constantly showing their $1000 hauls because they get paid to do that. Granted M&C could do the same but they choose not too. Seem to have no interest in overly glamorous lifestyles with fancy breakfasts and matcha lattes in mason jars and glass straws. They aren’t doing $1000 Aritzia hauls because their audience like the average everyday working girls who live life.

Then living together is whatever. I am sure if they were to find someone worth marrying they would sell the house. But buying property is a better investment than renting these days. I just think it beats living alone and it beats living with random roomies. They already know they work well together as roomies. So i mean it’s not that bad when you think of them as roommates and not just sisters/twins.

Return to “L-O”