Annette’s Makeup Corner

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Annette’s Makeup Corner

Post by WORDSALAD »

nia wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:18 pm
I can't understand why brands are doing collabs with Annette. Her eyeshadow skills are juvenile. She brings her eyeshadow too far in and too high at her inner corners/brows - her eye shape and rounded brows clash with this eyeshadow shape. The colour combos tend to be questionable too. I've never seen an eye look from her and thought, "I want to emulate that". She should really learn what works/doesn't work for her face. I've been very interested in trying Oden's Eye, and the colour story isn't bad imo, but I won't be buying makeup products from an average-at-best makeup user.
Yes indeed Annette is queen of the clownworld school of eye looks.
TBH a lot of these 'smaller' youtubers are, I feel like Miss Conjunctivitis kinda started it with her ringleadership
I feel like the more genuine people, say like Pauline actually, are growing out of it a bit now and embracing reality more lol
Not that colourful makeup isn't reality - it's beautiful, but can be done in so much more of a subtle way that makes it classy and/or edgy rather than just clownworld. I feel like these people haven't really developed their own style so they just slap it all on lol - and they haven't got drag as an excuse ;) Cause none of them claim to *want* to be theatrical like that... they claim that all this clowneye shit is their actual style. Yeah right.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:07 pm
TBH a lot of these 'smaller' youtubers are, I feel like Miss Conjunctivitis kinda started it with her ringleadership
Who is that? I'm a bit out the loop, the only other "happy clown" I know of is Angelica "nip slip waiting to happen" Nyqvist. I don't really follow the others.

nia
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by nia »

Controversial territory here, but I actually watch and enjoy Angelica. I think I'm slightly biased because I'm also Swedish and my real name is very similar to hers lmao. Some of the criticisms I've seen on her around GG are a bit trivial imo (and a bit gross - specifically the shaming over her nude modelling past and her body). She might be salty sometimes and has done/said a few 'off' things, but that's most youtubers/people and I don't think she is a bad person in general. I like that she doesn't put on her personality or try to be 100% perfect and personally I tend to like her looks (though some of them I'd never wear in public).

I agree about Annette never developing her style - she really does seem to just slap it on and call it a look. Her application is just awful.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

nia wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:53 am
Controversial territory here, but I actually watch and enjoy Angelica. I think I'm slightly biased because I'm also Swedish and my real name is very similar to hers lmao. Some of the criticisms I've seen on her around GG are a bit trivial imo (and a bit gross - specifically the shaming over her nude modelling past and her body). She might be salty sometimes and has done/said a few 'off' things, but that's most youtubers/people and I don't think she is a bad person in general. I like that she doesn't put on her personality or try to be 100% perfect and personally I tend to like her looks (though some of them I'd never wear in public).

I agree about Annette never developing her style - she really does seem to just slap it on and call it a look. Her application is just awful.

Well this isn’t a rave thread about Angelica and she imo looks like a try hard prostitute.

Anyways, pertaining to Annette, I still am baffles as to how she’s getting collars. Anything associated with her makes me want to avoid the brands

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

sofisticat wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:20 pm
WORDSALAD wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:07 pm
Who is that? I'm a bit out the loop, the only other "happy clown" I know of is Angelica "nip slip waiting to happen" Nyqvist. I don't really follow the others.
Bingo. Miss Conjunctivitis is a name we refer to her as on her thread because of her weird pageanty modelling past and pink-eye lookin eye looks
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

Ah, yes. The "you need to try red and pink together immediately!!" - Like, I'm not mad about the colors together but they can be tricky to pull off. As this point, I'm only watching her for the weekly releases because I have admittedly discovered some good brands.

For Annette, I have tried watching a few; I got that Lois Cosmetics mythology palette everyone was raving about and Annette just ... did it no justice. The looks were awful and I genuinely don't get how she has two collabs under her belt now. Never used Menagerie but Oden's Eye is actually a decent brand, and the other two BGs, Judy and Tina, definitely deserve it and I feel like she dragged the collab down a little bit.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

sofisticat wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:27 am
Ah, yes. The "you need to try red and pink together immediately!!" - Like, I'm not mad about the colors together but they can be tricky to pull off. As this point, I'm only watching her for the weekly releases because I have admittedly discovered some good brands.

For Annette, I have tried watching a few; I got that Lois Cosmetics mythology palette everyone was raving about and Annette just ... did it no justice. The looks were awful and I genuinely don't get how she has two collabs under her belt now. Never used Menagerie but Oden's Eye is actually a decent brand, and the other two BGs, Judy and Tina, definitely deserve it and I feel like she dragged the collab down a little bit.
Exactly it's all in the *way* it's done. A skilled person could make anything work. (That isn't me, btw, I just don't claim to be great and I certainly don't make money by filming myself putting on makeup).

Not that unskilled people can't be good influencers either, but...... honestly just slapping a bunch of different colours on is not revolutionary. We were all doing it in the 90s, ok?

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

I don’t get how someone who almost never blends their eyeshadow can somehow get two collabs……and still not blend.

coffeeglitter
Learner
Learner

Post by coffeeglitter »

why..why does she make this god awful face in every thumbnail!?

she reminds me of the chick in HS that was a theater kid,but not a good one. always desperate to fit in but never doing so, while simultaneously NOT being cool for not fitting in cause she won't own it, and is just desperate to be someone and something she's not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

꧁Chuck Palahniuk꧂

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

coffeeglitter wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:40 am
why..why does she make this god awful face in every thumbnail!?

she reminds me of the chick in HS that was a theater kid,but not a good one. always desperate to fit in but never doing so, while simultaneously NOT being cool for not fitting in cause she won't own it, and is just desperate to be someone and something she's not.
Omg, for real! That pig tail look with the merpy smile .... is so weird. And her eyes just look empty. Makes me think of Tyra and "smizing".

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

The look she did for the Melt video…I kept yelling “BLEND!” at my screen. Apparently she thinks a bit of dabbing with a small brush constitutes blending a very dark and intense shadow with a lighter, brighter one, and never diffuses the edges of the look so it always seems like a rainbow punched her in the face.

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

The only thing I dislike more than Annette's makeup "style" is her thoroughly unlikable personality. She comes across as super defensive about every little thing and yet, at the same time quite judgy, while simultaneously claiming that she isn't. And here's the kicker, if you were to take away those aspects of her, all you'd be left with is... nothing. The girl has no discernable personality whatsoever. I guess that's what made her a decent poker player, she was used to not showing anything on her face bc there's nothing there to show. (Another thing I found out about her that was completely unrelatable.. she quit playing poker professionally bc it got "too hard". When she went from an averaged sized fish in a super small pond to an averaged sized fish in a freakishly huge pond, she realized that she was actually pretty shitty at being able to read other people and their tells, so she quit. Hmm... must be nice to decide to retire in your 20's) The only time I've ever seen her have any emotion about anything (even when she mentions her husband.. nada) other than herself is when her cat (his name is Churro, I believe) had to have emergency surgery bc he swallowed an entire rope. So, at least she's not just an empty shell completely devoid of empathy and emotion.

Also, anyone else find it weird that she (and Michele Wang, believe it or not) would go hang out with Rich Luxe, of all people? 🤔 On 2nd thought, I guess it makes sense bc I do get a strong "mean girl" vibe from her. Whatever, anyway.. idk if it's still up, but she used to have a Vegas vlog channel and she went to a suite in one of the hotels that Rich had booked. Ngl, I was kinda shocked when she walked in and Michele was there. Kinda lends credence to the theory that Michele will hang out with literally anyone just so she can have "friends", no matter who they are.

But yeah, Annette sucks. Her reviews suck. Her makeup "skills" suck. I find nothing enjoyable about her, her videos or her ugly ass collabs.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

I know Michele is friends with Nick and Dustin and that usually includes Rich. I can never keep track when they're all friends or are on the outs. So I'm not surprised at that. I think Jen Gerard also clings to them in a desperate attempt to stay relevant. But yeah, I could see Annette really getting along with Rich because both are vacuous, boring, and petty. With similar blending skills.

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

"...I could see Annette really getting along with Rich because both are vacuous, boring, and petty. With similar blending skills."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Total compliment for Rich, not so much for Annette 🤭

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

She thinks her skills are amazing when they’re not. She was trying to make that sinfully ugly Mmmitchell cow palette work and thought the answer was doing a lighter color on the inner half of the lid and stamping bright blue on the outside. Blending? What’s that? It looked like she didn’t even attempt to blur the lines between the two and it came across as clownish. Harsh lines are her thing. If you’re going from light to dark it can’t be abrupt like that. You need to blend it into a gradient. Not that someone this full of herself thinks she actually needs it.

I really, really don’t get how she’s still getting PR and collabs when she could make even the most amazing brand look horrible. She often looks like a clown that got reflected from the circus.

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

Idk how to attach a pic or else I would, but..

In addition to the most god-awful, garish eye looks I've ever seen, in one of her most recent IG pics the girl has a VERY visible mustache. Now, I know that everyone grows hair there and yes, it's a personal choice on whether or not you do anything about it, however.. how you gonna call yourself a beauty guru and act like an expert in beauty matters and still sport a mustache that could rival a 14 yr old boy's?? It's the irony that gets me.. hopefully she'll get a razor in her stocking this year.

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

Angel0925 wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:33 am

In addition to the most god-awful, garish eye looks I've ever seen, in one of her most recent IG pics the girl has a VERY visible mustache. Now, I know that everyone grows hair there and yes, it's a personal choice on whether or not you do anything about it, however.. how you gonna call yourself a beauty guru and act like an expert in beauty matters and still sport a mustache that could rival a 14 yr old boy's?? It's the irony that gets me.. hopefully she'll get a razor in her stocking this year.
Wow I assume this is the picture!!

If you are on your phone and using this site through a browser, you have to go to the draft preview and then there is a section for attachments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

Wow. I'm not sure what's worse. The Angie-Soap brows, the connect-the-dot freckles, or the 'stache.

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

Rabidosky69 wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:26 pm
Angel0925 wrote:

If you are on your phone and using this site through a browser, you have to go to the draft preview and then there is a section for attachments.
Oh, ok thank you! And YES!! That's the one! 🤣🤣🤣 I wasn't exaggerating was I?

Mischief

Post by Mischief »

Rabidosky69 wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:26 pm
Angel0925 wrote:

Thank you for explaining attachments and sharing the photo with us!
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed...Just to get it all out, what's in my head...And I, I am feeling a little peculiar...And so I wake in the morning and I step outside...And I take a deep breath and I get real high...And I scream from the top of my lungs..."What's going on?"...

Return to “A-E”