Annette’s Makeup Corner

Lavender_Buns
Wanderer
Wanderer

Annette’s Makeup Corner

Post by Lavender_Buns » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:46 pm

I was surprised when I couldn’t find a thread for her, if there is one please point me in the right direction lol. I find her to be hard to tolerate lol. I can’t be the only one.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Annette’s Makeup Corner

Post by WORDSALAD » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:35 am

Yaaaaaaahs! Thankyou for this!

SHE IS SO ANNOYING!

She actually reminds me of georgia harris, but even more annoying if that's possible. I watched like two videos a while ago and then was out lol

What I remember most getting my goat at the time was her extreme snobbery - "I won't even try drugstore eyeshadows because I know they'll be crap". Only poor workmen blame their tools, bitch.
GG Shitlord - Lyrics & Bass Guitar
There was an old hobag named Thoti
Who thought she was LA's top totty
But it's all a feint
Fakey fillers and paint
- And her soul is deceitful and grotty.

Lavender_Buns
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lavender_Buns » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Yes! She comes off incredibly snobby and like she feels like she’s doing everyone a favor by making content. I can’t even hate watch her because she bothers me so much lol.

dwbotssbdc11
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dwbotssbdc11 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:52 am

I'm glad to see a thread on her. I am subscribed to her and like her for the most part, but like with most beauty gurus there are things about her that annoy me. But I'd never dare to post anything on their videos out of fear of receiving a snotty or dismissive reply lol.

Anyways. What I dislike most about her is her essentially willfully ignorant attitude towards makeup. She never cares about the behavior of brand owners, or brand ethics, and justifies it by saying makeup is her happy place. Like... it's my happy place, too. But I cannot imagine never thinking critically about the brands or people I support. That really reeks of privilege to me and a "my enjoyment of things is more important than anything else" attitude. :?

Another particular thing is I remember her saying in a video with that godforsaken Jawbreaker palette from JSC is that she would not have bought it if it was released by, e.g. Violet Voss; but she got it bc her Jeffree Star videos always get a lot of views. :/ She still has only like 13k subscribers. YouTube is not her fulltime job yet. Getting things just for that seems pretty disingenuous. Though I don't know. Maybe I'd be speaking differently if I had my own YouTube channel and was making that AdSense money. :D

The worst part about this is that she keeps making 10 looks videos with only these palettes. It's always "indie brands this, indie brands that" until it's time to get views and make money and suddenly Jeffree Star Cosmetics is more worthy of such a high-effort video (I know he's technically indie as in independent, but he's also mainstream).

And that godawful Morphe collab palette! Christ on a cracker! I know her makeup taste well enough she would not look at this palette twice if she didn't have a YouTube channel. At least Jawbreaker had her kind of color story.

I think my dislike of Jeffree Star is shining through here :D But I promise this is about Annette. I just don't trust people who obsessively buy his shit. And then justify it with "iTs JuSt MaKeUp. CrItiCaL tHiNkInG wHo???" :|

There's probably more things I've been annoyed by, I just can't remember right now. :roll: I'll make sure to keep this thread active and look forward to reading other opinions :D

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:41 am

^^^ Yup. As soon as someone features JS on their channel they are dead to me. Likewise KVD (although we don't have that prob nowadays as she is the current hated brand de rigeur).
But how is Jeffree acceptable and Kat isn't? ? Pray tell? They were besties for years for a reason (- lol, racism).
Anyway, I've has to break up with people I otherwise love (Theresa Is Dead I'm looking at you) for this reason, but so be it because unlike these bitches I'm not into selective outrage when it suits me and laissez-faire when it suits my wallet.

Anyway this isn't even my primary reason for finding Annette annoying (she is a snobby cow) but it is yours and I completely support and endorse your annoyance. 😆
But it's all a feint
Fakey fillers and paint

Lavender_Buns
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lavender_Buns » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:10 pm

I totally agree with both of you above. I was introduced to her by a friend who also has a channel and I went to watch Annette and could not believe how much of a snob she was. I hate her mindset of “iTs JuSt MaKeUp, fUcK YoUr FeELingS”. It’s incredibly privileged and I don’t fuck with people like that at all.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Lol, it's almost as if she knows why I dislike her so much - "wow, makeup that did live up to my expectations!"
But it's all a feint
Fakey fillers and paint

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:30 pm

WORDSALAD wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Lol, it's almost as if she knows why I dislike her so much - "wow, makeup that did live up to my expectations!"
Wowie there's a thread for everyone

She's quite annoying and her makeup never matches that ugly raspberry colored hair. She seems to be the type to wear "color" to "stick it to the man" and it fails miserably

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:31 pm

WORDSALAD wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:41 am
^^^ Yup. As soon as someone features JS on their channel they are dead to me. Likewise KVD (although we don't have that prob nowadays as she is the current hated brand de rigeur).
But how is Jeffree acceptable and Kat isn't? ? Pray tell? They were besties for years for a reason (- lol, racism).
Anyway, I've has to break up with people I otherwise love (Theresa Is Dead I'm looking at you) for this reason, but so be it because unlike these bitches I'm not into selective outrage when it suits me and laissez-faire when it suits my wallet.

Anyway this isn't even my primary reason for finding Annette annoying (she is a snobby cow) but it is yours and I completely support and endorse your annoyance. 😆
Double post, but she uses J star? Why am I not surprised

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:14 pm

🙄🙄🙄
But it's all a feint
Fakey fillers and paint

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:05 pm

WORDSALAD wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:14 pm

🙄🙄🙄

Wow what a bitch lol. She acts like she is a brush conniseur or something

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:32 pm

Around the 4 and a half mark this bitch just said that she wouldn't bother looking up names of the eyeshadows if it doesn't say so on the package...stellar content

Her blush and her contour situation is trash as well

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Joke's on her - she spends like 15 million quid a year on shit she hates......
But it's all a feint
Fakey fillers and paint

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:33 pm

But I honestly didn't see what was wrong with the stupid eyeshadow palette. Her perception of color theory is terrible

She really thinks this palette screams "neutral"? she's dumb as hell

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:43 pm

CinnamonBun wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:33 pm
But I honestly didn't see what was wrong with the stupid eyeshadow palette. Her perception of color theory is terrible

The palette is half half but ok

Nance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nance » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:57 am

She reminds me of color shadows youtubers like Lucia Tepper, Angelica Nyqvist, Porcelain, Nineties LoveChild, etc, it's like they don't understand that some people don't want to look like a drag. Annette idea of a makeup style is to put random colors barely blended on lids expecting to look ok.

But I like Amy Loves Makeup, her makeup looks are a bit coherent and flattering most of the time.

I don't care about youtubers still using J* or KVD, but most of them happen to have an unlikable personality.

Annette personal J* palette make me laugh, the colors don't seem to work together and the 2 purple shades are almost the same:

Nance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nance » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:07 pm

CinnamonBun wrote:

Oh. My. GLOB!!!!

"How to make neutral eyeshadows more exciting"? Well not like this:

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:47 pm

She's definitely from the Angelica Nyqvist school of conjunctivitis crayon box eye looks 😩
But it's all a feint
Fakey fillers and paint

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:23 pm

Nance wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:07 pm
CinnamonBun wrote:

Oh. My. GLOB!!!!

"How to make neutral eyeshadows more exciting"? Well not like this:

:rofl: she looked like she had a gangbang with ronald mcdonald

dwbotssbdc11
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dwbotssbdc11 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:37 am

WORDSALAD wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:28 pm
Joke's on her - she spends like 15 million quid a year on shit she hates......
(My first time quoting - I hope it'll be okay...)

Haha, my thoughts exactly. I'm starting to get tired of Annette doing lukewarm/negative first impressions. I don't seek out smaller BGs just so I can get the same easy content that so many bigger BGs pump out. i have little use for first impression videos with products that i'll never see the BG use again, especially if the person is neither enthusiastic about the product or particularly entertaining in general. Aka Anette. :roll: (she did say i think she'll use the love luxe beauty palette again though, so we'll see)

i'm also getting tired of small BGs whining about a lack of deepening shades in palettes... can they, for the love of christ, occasionally opt for an eye look the anatomy of which isn't "matte in crease - dark matte in outer v - shimmer on lid - whatever on lower lashline - super light shimmer on inner corner"? :D and how is their need for dark mattes in palettes (but not black! cause black is boring, ewww :roll: ) any different that big BGs' need for lid-setting shades/browbone highlights/nude transition shades in every palette... (something which smaller BGs complain about when making low-key holier-than-thou videos about bigger BGs)

(count all the "BGs" in this post. :) )

alllllso, her serious despise of any and all neutrals is getting on my nerves. i'm glad i grew out of my brown-hating phase. i love a good brown now, on occasion :D

last point. that brush declutter video (i was gonna comment on that earlier, but was too lazy). i didn't watch it, but i could tell from the thumbnail alone it would be her shitting on good quality, affordable brushes, and shilling more of her probably also good, but really fucking overpriced rephr brushes or whatever. idk about yall, but im not spending $30 on one brush. they can't be THAT good. :rofl: and if they are, how come there's still formulas that don't work for her, even with magical luxury brushes? :D

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:59 am

Totally. The main vibe I get from her is that she can't like something unless her image allows her to. Her image = I'm so e d g y and c r e a t i v e that I need *special* products to match my *special* talent. No bitch, if you had special talent you wouldn't NEED *special* products. I mean of course it's great to have nice things, but she's lucky to have those things. What about her viewers who can't afford those things? Does she not want to help them out by showing products they can buy too? Or are they just beneath her and her *specialness*?
But it's all a feint
Fakey fillers and paint

Lurk Err
Talker
Talker

Post by Lurk Err » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:32 am

She but he’s about the smoke show pallets that it was limiting on the looks you can, but every pallets she gets she does the same pink orange red shit like paint by numbers.

Also she added a green so it wasn’t like what every YouTuber was doing, just using a pallete that people wanted a review for.

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:22 am

B-but she's not even talented. It's so weird how how the rainbow palette brigade make the most cringe inducing color combinations, but can't fathom that thought of a neutral eye shadow palette, and the irony is that she only looks good with more neutral looks.

slothbaby
Lurker
Lurker

Post by slothbaby » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:43 pm

Wow, Ronald McDonald herself has BLESSED us with a separate Youtube channel all about Las Vegas, but has scolded us into not subscribing unless we are going to watch. Here's news...you're unwatchable!

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:52 pm

slothbaby wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:43 pm
Wow, Ronald McDonald herself has BLESSED us with a separate Youtube channel all about Las Vegas, but has scolded us into not subscribing unless we are going to watch. Here's news...you're unwatchable!
😂😂 you're hilarious - you can stay, Wanderer
But it's all a feint
Fakey fillers and paint

Return to “A-E”