Readwithcindy

magneticai
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Readwithcindy

Post by magneticai »

I actually really like her and wish I knew of more booktubers who are like her.

ChronicTear
Learner
Learner

Post by ChronicTear »

i like Cindy. I find her vlogs to be well made when she puts one up. I think she’s just super sarcastic and has a self deprecating sense of humor that seems to just ruffle a lot of feathers.

She’s unapologetic about who she is and how she talks and she’s hurting absolutely no one with what she does.

People are too uptight in the book community and it’s nice to see someone not give a shit about any of it.

When she takes a moment to reflect on her how channel grew she’s grateful for how it’s grown in a short amount of time and acknowledges the fact that it’s not the norm.

I have more issues with people like Christine or whatever her name is who just yell, are over dramatic, and are not genuine at all on camera.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

trash4hp
Learner
Learner

Post by trash4hp »

ChronicTear wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:17 am
i like Cindy. I find her vlogs to be well made when she puts one up. I think she’s just super sarcastic and has a self deprecating sense of humor that seems to just ruffle a lot of feathers.

She’s unapologetic about who she is and how she talks and she’s hurting absolutely no one with what she does.

People are too uptight in the book community and it’s nice to see someone not give a shit about any of it.

When she takes a moment to reflect on her how channel grew she’s grateful for how it’s grown in a short amount of time and acknowledges the fact that it’s not the norm.

I have more issues with people like Christine or whatever her name is who just yell, are over dramatic, and are not genuine at all on camera.

Agreed! I don't really understand the people who posted on here who don't like her or think she has a superiority complex, takes the moral high ground, or is bragging, etc. Everything I've watched of Cindy's never really casts judgment on others (unless it involves racism, sexism, etc). She just states her opinions or facts about her life. Seems to me a lot of people are projecting their own insecurities onto Cindy. Successful people just existing is enough for others to be offended or resentful.

Idk maybe I'm biased since I am blessed enough to be successful at a young age, but can't we just support each other's successes in this community? Just because Cindy's winning doesn't mean we all are losing.

Post by Guest »

trash4hp wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 am
ChronicTear wrote:

Agreed! I don't really understand the people who posted on here who don't like her or think she has a superiority complex, takes the moral high ground, or is bragging, etc. Everything I've watched of Cindy's never really casts judgment on others (unless it involves racism, sexism, etc). She just states her opinions or facts about her life. Seems to me a lot of people are projecting their own insecurities onto Cindy. Successful people just existing is enough for others to be offended or resentful.

Idk maybe I'm biased since I am blessed enough to be successful at a young age, but can't we just support each other's successes in this community? Just because Cindy's winning doesn't mean we all are losing.
I Love How The Rebuttal Is Always "You're Just Jealous!!11" :roll: :roll:
We're Not Gossiping About Her Because She's Successful, We're Gossiping About Her Because She's Overrated And Has Zero Charisma. Her Sense Of Humor Doesn't Work Because She Tries Too Hard And Genuinely Acts Like She's Too Good For The Booktube Community.
No One Cares If You're Successful Either.

ChronicTear
Learner
Learner

Post by ChronicTear »

irritatedonyoutube wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:30 pm
trash4hp wrote:
ChronicTear wrote:

We're Not Gossiping About Her Because She's Successful, We're Gossiping About Her Because She's Overrated And Has Zero Charisma. Her Sense Of Humor Doesn't Work Because She Tries Too Hard And Genuinely Acts Like She's Too Good For The Booktube Community.
That’s YOUR opinion so calm the eff down.

This website has turned into a hell hole. You’re not giving criticism you’re just being overly dramatic.

You may not vibe with Cindy and her personality but others do. This forum isn’t just for shitting all over people.

Open a window.

subtleslytherin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by subtleslytherin »

ChronicTear wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:30 am
trash4hp wrote:
ChronicTear wrote:

This website has turned into a hell hole...

...This forum isn’t just for shitting all over people.
LOL you must be new here. Guru is literally for shitting all over people. This is a gossip forum.

ChronicTear
Learner
Learner

Post by ChronicTear »

subtleslytherin wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:13 am
ChronicTear wrote:
trash4hp wrote:
ChronicTear wrote:

This website has turned into a hell hole...

...This forum isn’t just for shitting all over people.
LOL you must be new here. Guru is literally for shitting all over people. This is a gossip forum.
Nah it isn’t. And no I’m not new.

I’ve seen some pretty constructive conversations and discussions about booktubers.

Getting pissy because someone doesn’t agree with your opinion is ridiculous.

Y’all don’t like Cindy? Cool but some people do.

This topic wasn’t just created for people to talk shit it was initially even a pretty positive post.

It’s fine to not be a fan but don’t expect everyone to fall in line. Peace!

Post by Guest »

ChronicTear wrote:
trash4hp wrote:
ChronicTear wrote:

That’s YOUR opinion so calm the eff down.

This website has turned into a hell hole. You’re not giving criticism you’re just being overly dramatic.

You may not vibe with Cindy and her personality but others do. This forum isn’t just for shitting all over people.

Open a window.
I Beg To Differ On Being Overly Dramatic, The Way You're Typing Indicates My Comment Offended You Too Much And Now You're Mad. :rofl: :rofl: The Booktube Threads On Here Are Hilarious.

LowKeyBangtanTrash
Learner
Learner

Post by LowKeyBangtanTrash »

trash4hp wrote:
ChronicTear wrote:

I really disagree with this. I enjoy Cindy a lot, we have really similar senses of humor. I like how she doesn't take it too seriously, because it's not serious for her. Booktube is a hobby, she's not trying to make publishing her career, so she can vlog with the freedom from financial obligation. It's refreshing. I am also invested in her career because I feel connected to her as a person and I really want to see her succeed. If you don't like her humor that's fine, but she's doing something different in the booktube world, she's forging her own path and going against convention, and I respect her for that.

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

Gurugossip is all fun and games until they start roasting your favs.

sophisays
Debater
Debater

Post by sophisays »

So,this thread is meant for "gush about Cindy"? I guess those who don't like here should take it to the main thread. Strange though, since Sasha gets roasted in her thread pretty much all the time and nobody tells ppl off for it there.

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

sophisays wrote:So,this thread is meant for "gush about Cindy"? I guess those who don't like here should take it to the main thread. Strange though, since Sasha gets roasted in her thread pretty much all the time and nobody tells ppl off for it there.
I always look at the threads that aren't specifically labeled as a trash thread as open discussion. You can like her, you can dislike her, but try to keep it civil.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

ChronicTear
Learner
Learner

Post by ChronicTear »

People can dislike her but those seem to be the people that get mad as all hell if someone comes in and says something nice. Lol

Like damn, do you need a hug? Not everyone is out here trying to trash everyone, some people are just trying to have a place to discuss booktubers.

I like Cindy and a lot of others and I also dislike Christine and Sasha and quite a few more and I genuinely don’t care if people like them. It doesn’t change my opinion of them but I also don’t care if people gush about them.

vortensity
Talker
Talker

Post by vortensity »

I generally like Cindy but how many times is she dedicate whole videos making fun of Sara J Maas books? I have never had the desire to read those books so its not like I have some personal stake in it, and I even thought watching her make fun of the first one or two was entertaining, but I feel like it's just low hanging fruit at this point.

candycide
Learner
Learner

Post by candycide »

i'm so happy cindy finally finished and posted her last video on the acotar series because i never want to hear her talk about fairy dick ever again.

i enjoy her videos for the most part, but she does strike me as someone who is overly negative. we all know the acotar books are trash, and she knows it too, but she still makes these videos just for the sake of trashing them, and it was getting old. she reads too many generic YA fantasies and then doesn't like them, and everyone goes gaga over her "spilling the tea". like she always likes to say, it's not that deep. like why don't you pick up books that are actually good, and not just another cookie cutter YA? (i know she has, but i feel like the bad YA still dominates a lot of her reading that are outside of business-y non-fiction)

LowKeyBangtanTrash
Learner
Learner

Post by LowKeyBangtanTrash »

i would take a guess she reads trashy YA because most of her comments are telling her to read the trashy YA. I think she also generally enjoys fantasy YA so maybe she thought acotar would be good and then needed to finish the series out. I'm like that too, even if I hated the first book I feel like I need to complete the series.

atamarinda
Learner
Learner

Post by atamarinda »

What I love about Cindy is that she makes other booktubers mad lol
People take themselves waaay too serious
Being triggered because she said a book is trash
or because she rants about that fairy dick series
and the fact that she does not backs down on the drama lol
i love a petty bitch

Karas
Talker
Talker

Post by Karas »

LowKeyBangtanTrash wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:19 am

I really disagree with this. I enjoy Cindy a lot, we have really similar senses of humor. I like how she doesn't take it too seriously, because it's not serious for her. Booktube is a hobby, she's not trying to make publishing her career, so she can vlog with the freedom from financial obligation. It's refreshing. I am also invested in her career because I feel connected to her as a person and I really want to see her succeed. If you don't like her humor that's fine, but she's doing something different in the booktube world, she's forging her own path and going against convention, and I respect her for that.
Both Cindy and Adam from momentomori over on the adult side of booktube are going for a very specific type of smug, sarcastic humour that's absolutely going to strike some people as mean or catty. I'm on the fence about heavy sarcasm because it's so easy for someone who isn't aiming for humour to say the same sarcastic things with complete seriousness, and I don't think the line is always as obvious as it could be.

So I don't think it's overly dramatic for people on either to love or hate that style of humour because that's the nature of sarcasm.

dew2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dew2 »

I enjoy Cindy and agree with many of her reviews, but the ACOTAR and Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend stuff has been really repetitive. Even so, I'm not going to lie, the Pterodactyl videos have made me die laughing, and who else would think to compare and contrast that book with Michelle Obama's?!

Also, Cindy is negative because she truly deals with chronic depression, the fallout from growing up with a terribly dysfunctional family, etc. It's not just an act or an annoying personality quirk for her. She really struggles sometimes. I like that she talks about it in a brutally honest way.

sitaikissme
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sitaikissme »

cindy has quite a harsh/crass?? sense of humour so it tends to not fit with everyone, it's very you either love it or hate it. it's understandable her videos would not be everyone's cup of tea and while i do enjoy her videos i do need to be in the mood for them sometimes.

i am actually sick of her sarah.j.maas videos however, but that goes for any video that rags on pulp romance for being pulp romance or bad. i'm sick of listening about sarah.j.maas all the time and i found the sex jokes to be juvenile ig. like you knew what you were getting into it why act surprised. get over it or don't read it kind of thing.

Return to “BookTube”