hooyah123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jenna "Agoraphobic 32 year old lady" Marbles - Part 10

Post by hooyah123 »

hello everybody...
not new to gc but new to this thread and sadly im finding myself agreeing w a lot of things u guys r saying :(

jenna used to be my fav youtuber and me and my friends would talk about how #relationshipgoals her and julien are but now....

ive even found myself not watching her videos anymore...i havent watched anything from her in the past 2 months and after seeing that video of her taking a nap for 20 million subs, it seemed like a slap in the face.

im deciding on whether or not i should unsubscirbe bc im rlly not feeling it anymore.

idk y jenna is like this and i hope it changes bc i cant imagine that she's happy/content.

i hope she finds he spark again someday
If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

JacksonMack
Learner
Learner

Post by JacksonMack »

I still stand by the car accident playing a major factor in her Youtube content declining. Since she was in pain and emotional distress from it she had to stop working out which had an effect on her looks. (Plus her not so healthy vegan diet with the ordering in a lot of the time and eating junk food.) So while she couldn't do her previous activities she had to find new distractions. Video games and watching more content created by other people online. Since she still made content in this condition and few people hardly complained about the quality it probably flipped a switch in her mind that she really DIDN'T have to try anymore and could pretty much do anything she wanted online so long as it didn't break TOS and fans would still eat it up.

Because of the new video game obsession she and Julien...mostly Julien... started streaming on Twitch more. Since she was already an established brand many of her fans had no problem jumping over there to support her so she and Julien didn't have to start from scratch building a following like most streamers. They were able to make money from Subs and Donations pretty much from day one which then led them to quickly reach Partner status allowing them to make ad revenue and get their streams noticed where they could get sponsors. Since they were now making so much bank off streams why bother putting serious effort into Youtube content? Especially when Youtube likely demonetizes anything that could be similar to the old content she used to make that got millions of views and has rewatchability. So not only is she making lazy Youtube content she's making "safe" content. Because at the end of the day J&J still want all the money they can get so they can live at their current lifestyle status level. She and Julien are also probably soooo tiiiiiired on Youtube filming days because they're up all night on Twitch or scouring their social media for ideas from fans rather than come up with something themselves.

I don't want to call the relationship abusive but they're both clearly depressed and dissatisfied with life to certain degrees. Julien is probably frustrated at the disrespect he's shown for expressing his thoughts and opinions on the podcast (by both Jenna and fans) as well as how his admittedly better quality video content he makes on his own is received in contrast to the lazier content on Jenna's channel. I guarantee if he made a "nap" video fans would freak out and ask if he was okay and speculate on his physical and mental health. But Jenna can do it and she's "goals". Plus he still can't shake off his title as Jenna's SO as opposed to being respected as his own self and individual content creator. On Jenna's end she's likely subconsciously feeling the effects from not getting out of the house all that often and spending time with friends and peers who aren't Julien. So pretty much everything Julien says / does gets under her skin as they're around each other 24/7. Plus being the bigger name in the house I do think she still wants to assert her dominance in a way. As no, no one WOULD know who Julien is if not for her. Even with his Hollywood pedigree background. So when Julien gets more attention than her and the dogs she can't have that. It's definitely dysfunctional but I wouldn't exactly call it abusive. They do both definitely NEED to get out of the house more and interact with other human beings. Plus doing some collabs again with peers would bring fresh content to the channel. I laughed so hard at her makeover collab with Hannah Hart for example and her raunchy "Bounce That Dick" music video that she got a team together to work on is still pretty amusing and close to what I'd call Peak Old Jenna.

Either she needs to take a break from the internet to get her life back together, or take criticism to heart by getting back out of the house and among other human beings again who she doesn't live with and aren't in her family. It would do her a world of good. I truly believe that. Spend some time without Julien and the dogs. Whatever happened to that Kimmy girl she was friends with and was on the channel when she lived in Boston? What about her friendship with Christine Sydelko and Elijah Daniels? Rob Gavagan? Gabbie? What about that Brett guy who was even in a couple of videos? She has a lot of people she can reconnect with.

I'm not a big Shane fan because he's problematic as FUCK but maybe he needs to do a series with her ala Bunny and point out to her face the decline in the quality of her content, that people ARE complaining even if she ignores it, that she has newer creators surpassing her much more quickly just in views per video, and to get off her butt and put some effort into it if she truly does care about Youtube and her fans. Plus aren't they friends? But that probably would never happen. As even if they did make such a series, J&J would just cash in on the views and exposure, maybe make new higher quality content for a month max, then go back to being lazy on Jenna's main channel once the hype died down.

DiabolicalDollx
Talker
Talker

Post by DiabolicalDollx »

That whole "I gOt My aUrA rEaD" bullshit demonstrates Juliens inflated ego that his fans claim is non existing cause J&J are the most humble, realest YTers, ya know?

Those scams work because of people who are self obsessed, self involved, egotistical etc. The scammers who run this shit get a A* for being business savvy for their location choice. A convention full of influencers, YTers & streamers, in LA, the Mecca of narcissism. Genius.

I absolutely, genuinely respect some of Jennas qualities but the fact both her & Julien use astrology as some form of guidance is pretty corny. They will actually justify, dismiss & downplay personality flaws because "Aries bullshit". They also play & act up on their horoscope stereotypes. It's pathetic. Again, astrology is another thing that's tailor-made for self obsessed folk. The less intelligent, more egotistical side of myself will dabble in reading about my star sign (Scorpio) but my rational, self aware, critical thinking side will prevail. I'll entertain it somewhat & find amusement in it but J&J take it all way too literal & apply it way too much.
Tryna make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die.

hooyah123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hooyah123 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:26 pm
New thread name ideas?!
can someone who is super creative come up w a title that includes nap in there somewhere bc jenna latest vid is just the epitome of her laziness.
If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

I also like « the prudish Thursday » as a play on her old as time Sexual Wednesday banner.
糞食らえ

Whatimwondering
Learner
Learner

Post by Whatimwondering »

Even her speech has gotten lazy.....she talks very differently than she used to. Always dressed down. Idk....just feels like such a bummer.

Funkypuppy
Talker
Talker

Post by Funkypuppy »

I commented on Julien's bloomin onion video that I was glad to see quality content from him, as it was disheartening to see jenna napping at the wheel of success. I think my blog-length comment on her video got privated or maybe even deleted.
She did tweet a photo of what looked like a pile of hair and the ends of her hair maybe looked a little lighter in today's video? I'm hoping she cut her hair for this week's video, or did literally anything with it.
Edible Prophetess, don't believe my conspiracies.

RegularToe
Informer
Informer

Post by RegularToe »

DiabolicalDollx wrote:That whole "I gOt My aUrA rEaD" bullshit demonstrates Juliens inflated ego that his fans claim is non existing cause J&J are the most humble, realest YTers, ya know?

Those scams work because of people who are self obsessed, self involved, egotistical etc. The scammers who run this shit get a A* for being business savvy for their location choice. A convention full of influencers, YTers & streamers, in LA, the Mecca of narcissism. Genius.

I absolutely, genuinely respect some of Jennas qualities but the fact both her & Julien use astrology as some form of guidance is pretty corny. They will actually justify, dismiss & downplay personality flaws because "Aries bullshit". They also play & act up on their horoscope stereotypes. It's pathetic. Again, astrology is another thing that's tailor-made for self obsessed folk. The less intelligent, more egotistical side of myself will dabble in reading about my star sign (Scorpio) but my rational, self aware, critical thinking side will prevail. I'll entertain it somewhat & find amusement in it but J&J take it all way too literal & apply it way too much.
I think some people just find it interesting? It’s like one of those fortune telling red plastic fish. There’s a novelty to having your photo taken and then reveal of what your colors are. I’ve never met anyone who overly assigns meaning to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiabolicalDollx
Talker
Talker

Post by DiabolicalDollx »

RegularToe wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:00 pm
DiabolicalDollx wrote:That whole "I gOt My aUrA rEaD" bullshit demonstrates Juliens inflated ego that his fans claim is non existing cause J&J are the most humble, realest YTers, ya know?

I think some people just find it interesting? It’s like one of those fortune telling red plastic fish. There’s a novelty to having your photo taken and then reveal of what your colors are. I’ve never met anyone who overly assigns meaning to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This isn't a patronizing question but did you see his lengthy caption describing his aura reading? Or his passive aggressive response to someone pointing out it's a load of bollocks. Also consider how they both take horoscopes way too literal. He even said, verbatim, how the "orange translates as a lot to my loud & strong Aries qualities". I just find it ridiculous ignoring shitty, toxic or questionable behaviour & chalking it up to some bullshit pre determined to your birth date, which they are guilty of. I just find that whole shit pretty cringey.
Tryna make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die.

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

I cannot believe fully grown adults believe in horoscopes and auras. Lolz.

JacksonMack
Learner
Learner

Post by JacksonMack »

Thread title idea: "Jenna The 20Mil Naps Marbles Is Still A Virgo" ...?

IDK I'm not that clever a guy.

Do they seriously believe in horoscopes and aura reading? I thought they were just playing up jokes for the camera. Good grief.

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

^ When you tell morons who talk seriously about new age pseudoscience that spreading misinformation is dumb and possibility harmful they will either:

1. Argue with you about it until the sun comes up while ignoring any reason and facts refuting their claims.

2. Brush off your criticism with a quick change of tone (lul, it's just a fun tool for self reflection) instead of trying and failing to back up their thoughts.

J&J are the latter.
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

babysnowflake
Learner
Learner

Post by babysnowflake »

Jenna Nap-for-work Bare-Minimum Marbles AKA The Julien Show

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wanna_see_posts
Talker
Talker

Post by Wanna_see_posts »

Jenna Marbles: Slovenly Thursdays

Slovenly-

adjective
(especially of a person or their appearance) untidy and dirty.
"a fat, slovenly ex-rock star"
Similar:
scruffy
untidy
messy
unkempt
ill-groomed
slatternly
dishevelled
bedraggled
tousled
rumpled
frowzy
blowsy
down at heel
dirty
grubby
sluttish
slobbish
slobby
raggedy
schlumpy
raunchy
draggle-tailed
Opposite:
tidy
neat

(especially of a person or action) careless; excessively casual.

It's a lot to take in but pretty on point if you ask me, with every other adjective you read it gets funnier :D

GrumpyMcAsspants
Learner
Learner

Post by GrumpyMcAsspants »

New thread ideas:
Jenna MarbleZzzzzzzz 😴

Jenna “For 20 Mil I Want To Not Be Conscious” Marbles

I Subscribed To Jenna Marbles And All I Got Was A 10 Minute Nap Video

Jenna Marbles - Taking A Nap Is The New Sexual Wednesday

That’s all I got, I wish I was more creative!
“Let’s not act like having children makes you special. Cockroaches have children." - ColdPizzaParty

JacksonMack
Learner
Learner

Post by JacksonMack »

Jenna The Twitch Streamer Marbles

Jenna Slept Through 20Mil Subs Marbles

Jenna's Boyfriend Is Making Better Content Marbles

Jenna Gave Up On Her Career And Is Still Goals Marbles

Jenna Is Probably More Entertaining In Elder Scrolls Marbles

I'm not creative either lol

tacoXtapia
Learner
Learner

Post by tacoXtapia »

My favs so far are GrumpyMcAsspants: I Subscribed to Jenna Marbles and All I Got Was A 10 Minute Nap Video"

JacksonMack: Jenna's Boyfriend is Making Better Content Marbles

JacksonMack
Learner
Learner

Post by JacksonMack »

It's a little bit sad that I used to have trouble stomaching Julien whether it was him acting up in Jenna's videos or taking his vlogs way too seriously yet now his videos are 10x more watchable than hers.

hooyah123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hooyah123 »

hey guys, i came up w a title (albeit not an amazingly creative one) using all ur great suggestions so far.

and i came up with *drum roll*:

Prudish Thursdays with Jenna Marbles: I slept through 20 million subs because im a Virgo

hustlecat
Talker
Talker

Post by hustlecat »

tacoXtapia wrote:My favs so far are GrumpyMcAsspants: I Subscribed to Jenna Marbles and All I Got Was A 10 Minute Nap Video"

JacksonMack: Jenna's Boyfriend is Making Better Content Marbles
These are my two fav as well!!

Return to “JennaMarbles”