Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jenna "Agoraphobic 32 year old lady" Marbles - Part 10

Post by hunter-dan22 »

Wanna_see_posts wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:28 pm
Sorry for double post but it's a completely different topic... I just went to check her social blade (OT, but I hate how they're doing it now, it's such trash) and if I'm interpreting it correctly she's getting millions of views a day?
IMG_20191011_022034_454.JPG
Which seems impossible but she's uploaded once a week for 10 years, that's 500 videos right? Maybe even more, and with how nostalgic her old videos are it's not unreasonable to think a handful of people would go back and watch a few old videos each, every day. Why keep making new videos if she's getting 1M+ views A DAY on old videos. And 30M+ a month, she shouldn't have to keep making them??

Also, her overall views on content have naturally bounced up and down over the years, but this year there's been a decline in views, and on the bottom graph the sudden drop at the end was subscribers for September to now, anyone surprised? She's been mighty lazy this past month. How did she crack 20 Million with that drop off of new subs??
IMG_20191011_022046_030.JPG
Somebody mentioned this earlier, but on the 6th she had a sudden jump of 100,000 subs in that day, which also seems to account for the entirety of her sub increase over this month so far. It's such an unnatural number and jump in that period of time, especially since there's no record of an increase on any other day. Plus she somehow lost 71,000 on September 17th, so It's most likely that somebody, maybe her or julien, maybe somebody else with a stake/interest, bought a bunch of subs to force it to 20mil.

Finslayin
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Finslayin »

hunter-dan22 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:45 pm
Wanna_see_posts wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:28 pm
Sorry for double post but it's a completely different topic... I just went to check her social blade (OT, but I hate how they're doing it now, it's such trash) and if I'm interpreting it correctly she's getting millions of views a day?
IMG_20191011_022034_454.JPG
Which seems impossible but she's uploaded once a week for 10 years, that's 500 videos right? Maybe even more, and with how nostalgic her old videos are it's not unreasonable to think a handful of people would go back and watch a few old videos each, every day. Why keep making new videos if she's getting 1M+ views A DAY on old videos. And 30M+ a month, she shouldn't have to keep making them??

Also, her overall views on content have naturally bounced up and down over the years, but this year there's been a decline in views, and on the bottom graph the sudden drop at the end was subscribers for September to now, anyone surprised? She's been mighty lazy this past month. How did she crack 20 Million with that drop off of new subs??
IMG_20191011_022046_030.JPG
Somebody mentioned this earlier, but on the 6th she had a sudden jump of 100,000 subs in that day, which also seems to account for the entirety of her sub increase over this month so far. It's such an unnatural number and jump in that period of time, especially since there's no record of an increase on any other day. Plus she somehow lost 71,000 on September 17th, so It's most likely that somebody, maybe her or julien, maybe somebody else with a stake/interest, bought a bunch of subs to force it to 20mil.
The reason for the decrease and jump is YouTube started only doing the first 3 numbers so before September 17th she had probably 19,971,000 and so when YouTube changed it says she lost those subs then when she hit 20,000,000 it sky rocketed again because she changed millions does that make sense

Funkypuppy
Talker
Talker

Post by Funkypuppy »

That's what I'm thinking, and perhaps that makes sense as to why she wasnt at all excited by it. I still think Julien did it in secret to try to snap her out of her funk, and maybe she suspects it.
Edible Prophetess, don't believe my conspiracies.

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

hunter-dan22 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:45 pm
Jesus, this makes the 20 mil nap video debacle even more pathetic. I guess if she cares enough to delete/ghost every comment not kissing her lazy ass, she's also lame enough to buy subs.
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

Facetune my life
Learner
Learner

Post by Facetune my life »

sooooo last night Julien said on his twitch stream that Jenna's radio show is over now. So she naps for youtube, is never on their twitch stream, and no longer has a radio show. Don't fucking tell me youre exhausted from working so hard when you literally do fuck all! I'm so mad about how lazy she has become and how little she thinks of her fans. :(

ezme
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ezme »

I haven't watched her video yet but yesterday I had dream about the video and in it her Julien were describing changing her youtube icon picture and how she should take a good picture, and how it important it was. Then her and Julien were reading guru gossip. After that my brain "fast-forwarded" the video and all of sudden she started working out. Then I woke up
:HK: <3

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ »

Facetune my life wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:55 am
sooooo last night Julien said on his twitch stream that Jenna's radio show is over now. So she naps for youtube, is never on their twitch stream, and no longer has a radio show. Don't fucking tell me youre exhausted from working so hard when you literally do fuck all! I'm so mad about how lazy she has become and how little she thinks of her fans. :(
Do you have a clip or timestamp for this? I'm pretty sure we heard from her within the past couple months that she was still doing it. Maybe she's just releasing responsibilities from her life. Or the company just cancelled the show cause no one is signing up for paid radio to listen to a YouTuber

GrumpyMcAsspants
Learner
Learner

Post by GrumpyMcAsspants »

She’s on the schedule to do the YouTube 15 today. But I’m still curious what exactly Julien said on his stream.
9F81C838-54FA-4956-BE40-778021093192.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Let’s not act like having children makes you special. Cockroaches have children." - ColdPizzaParty

bishpuhlease
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bishpuhlease »

Facetune my life wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:55 am
I don’t know if this is true, I literally just heard last weeks episode yesterday while I was driving as a replay.

TunaNoodle
Talker
Talker

Post by TunaNoodle »

sisinikkole wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:24 pm
Officially unsubbed. You'd think a milestone like 20 million subscribers would make you want to better your content not make it shittier.
I was just coming to comment that according to social blade, she got a boost of 100k subs this week. Like... WHY? Are her old (good) vids trending or something?

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

TunaNoodle wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:03 am
sisinikkole wrote:
Officially unsubbed. You'd think a milestone like 20 million subscribers would make you want to better your content not make it shittier.
I was just coming to comment that according to social blade, she got a boost of 100k subs this week. Like... WHY? Are her old (good) vids trending or something?
Must be. Because my suggestions from her under "From Your Subscriptions" are all videos from 7-9 years ago. Made me sad, actually.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

Ugh just saw this on tumblr. Isn't it time to retire "ugh, relatable" memes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Potatofiend
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Potatofiend »

I’m also baffled by what it is she is actually doing with her time that is so exhausting. I believe her when she says she’s tired but if working 1-2 days a week is burning you out something is very wrong.

There must be something else going on, surely?

coconat
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by coconat »

I wonder what kind of content people are subbing for.

I used to cringe when she started making every video 'I do this on/for/in/with/never without MY BOYFRIEND', then I started to like him a lot more than her.

I used to try and listen to the pods but she would SCREAM at random times and it was insufferable. Also, his need to suck up to her, defer to her and give her opinions and knowledge way more credence than they deserved. Then, they started to overuse an upward intonation in every sentence and that made me stop listening completely. I have been humouring the odd video if it involves the dogs but I accidentally saw the tall etc one and the format is absurd and repetitive so bleh.

I don't know why everyone here expects so much from her, she's funny at times but she is basically tanning salon staff. No shade but you know.

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

Potatofiend wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:51 pm
I’m also baffled by what it is she is actually doing with her time that is so exhausting. I believe her when she says she’s tired but if working 1-2 days a week is burning you out something is very wrong.

Pretty sure it's just simply staying up until all hours of the night. Not working, obviously. Playing video games and doing shit on her phone/computer. I haven't done that since high school and if I did I'd be a slovenly, useless sack like she is.

coconat
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by coconat »

Yoona wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Potatofiend wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Pretty sure it's just simply staying up until all hours of the night. Not working, obviously. Playing video games and doing shit on her phone/computer. I haven't done that since high school and if I did I'd be a slovenly, useless sack like she is.
Remember when she used to be glued to her phone when she was briefly in Julien's vlogs?

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ »

thehippiechick wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:08 am
TunaNoodle wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:03 am
sisinikkole wrote:
Must be. Because my suggestions from her under "From Your Subscriptions" are all videos from 7-9 years ago. Made me sad, actually.
She didn't get 100k subs suddenly (thankfully). YouTube stopped showing people sub counts past the first 3 digits. So now social blade will register YouTube showing her sub count go from 20.0 to 20.1 as an 100k increase at once even though it's been gradual. If she gets to 20.2 mil then it'll show another 100k increase at once again even if it takes a month to get there

JacksonMack
Learner
Learner

Post by JacksonMack »

I used to love Jenna but holy shit did her 20Mil Sub video and podcast piss me off. How lazy and uninspired can you be?

I personally noticed her content start to decline after the car accident. She seemed to do more at home and care less about her looks. Likely because it freaked her out and probably made her scared of being in cars or driving. Which does happen to people who get in accidents even minor ones. Then because she couldn't work out while recovering from what injuries and trauma she did have she took up other distracting things that in turn made her lazier and took away her desire to go back to being the gym bunny she used to be. I partially blame the video games for sure. She seems to be on them quite a lot. She's probably so "tired" because she's up all night playing them or messing around on the computer. Much like a young adult with no responsibilities.

She also could be just burnt out and depressed (NOT diagnosing her.) 10 years churning out content, content people expect to be funny to boot, for someone who isn't a professional comedian is probably hard in a way. Even though she only does one video a week and spends at most a day and a half working on it doing that consistently for that amount of time could still possibly burn someone out. At least burn them out on that particular thing. She's also getting older with many of her peers more successful than her as well as Julien now getting attention and notoriety for the work he's doing by himself so I imagine for someone who once was the It Girl of Youtube that must sting a little.

I used to think she was incredibly witty and insightful. Now she's nothing more than a shell of the woman she once was. She needs to take a step back, examine her life, and maybe even take a REAL break from Youtube. She has earned that. Take a hiatus. Go on real vacations. Spend time with family. Reconnect with friends. Live a regular life. Then build up a list of fun funny video ideas that do take some effort so she can come back with fresh content and surprise everyone with improved quality.

SRW88
Learner
Learner

Post by SRW88 »

coconat wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:39 pm
I don't know why everyone here expects so much from her, she's funny at times but she is basically tanning salon staff. No shade but you know.
I agree that expecting her to be some kind of consistent, creative comedic genius is unrealistic, but she did get a Master's degree in Sports Psychology, so clearly has some intelligence and ability to apply herself (not claiming she's Einstein, just that it would be reasonable to expect her to reflect the fact that she's an educated person, whatever one's view of Sports Psychology; for example I know nothing about it whatsoever! I guess what I'm saying is it's not like everyone has a Master's degree, of any kind). It's like the only airing her 'intelligence' gets is Julien kowtowing to her apparently greater knowledge of... every subject on the podcasts when she makes a (often admittedly at least basically solid) point, and talks at/ over him in that kind-of insulting way (and I acknowledge Julien is his own separate bag of factors people find annoying etc!)

I agree with others that the accident was the point at which she, if not just didn't want to bother any more, possibly reassessed what she wanted to commit in terms of effort to YouTube... but then given how lucrative it is and how well-established she already was at that point, coupled with the fact that, hell, she doesn't actually seem to DO anything else anyway that's so tiring, it doesn't make sense that she'd half-heartedly keep dragging herself along doing it if she really hated it. Can't get a clear idea of what the situation is, honestly :|

myrnaloy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by myrnaloy »

I dont think it is fair to insult her intelligence when a lot of youtubers barely finished school lol. She is smart and I think she is very kind, but yeah she seems to have given up. I wish she would just not post at all instead of some of the stuff we've been getting. A lot of us are tired and done so her videos can be relatable and thats probably why they are so popular, but I agree that it gets annoying seeing this coming from a rich person who has all the time and resources in the world.

Return to “JennaMarbles”