Jenna "Agoraphobic 32 year old lady" Marbles - Part 10

DaenerysTargaryen
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jenna "Agoraphobic 32 year old lady" Marbles - Part 10

Post by DaenerysTargaryen »

So i love the two..i dont enjoy everything they do, but i like them. But.. this just strikes me different. I thought you would wanna have a read yourself..its just. His response to somebody explaining something and then the fans..its just.. toxic (?!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SRW88
Learner
Learner

Post by SRW88 »

Also, I know people have varying opinions on Julien, but is his whole deal generally known, or not? I mean, he's talked a lot in vlogs about his mother being in art for Hollywood productions (some big ones; can't recall the names- I think she did the paintings for the Heroes series), but if you look at his grandparents he's basically from a very solid upper-middle-class background, at least from what I understand that to be in American terms. So some of what people perceive as laziness or entitlement on his part can maybe be explained in terms of the comfort he was lucky enough to have growing up. His maternal grandfather is Herman Winick [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Winick], Professor Emeritus at the Linear Accelerator Center and Applied Physics Dept, Stanford University; his paternal grandfather was Vincent John Solomita (1920-1994), an architect and professor of design at Harvard, whose wife, Nadia (1924-1992) was director of a privately-funded, 'alternative' school in Boston. So Julien's immediate family consists of multiple Ivy [Plus] League professors, not shabby by any means. The fact that Fran Solomita is one of ten kids attests to a fair amount of wealth- just imagine the health insurance for a family that big!

The same applies to Collin, albeit in a more 'Hollywood' sense: his father, Christopher, is a cinematographer, whose second wife (Collin's stepmother) is Joely Fisher, half-sister of Carrie Fisher (you know, Princess Leia). If not Hollywood royalty, certainly getting there in terms of connections! Even Rome's father is one of a twin brother film and television producing team who've also had fair individual success [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_and_Jim_McElroy]. This is all based on statements they've made in vlogs/ elsewhere.

goldengossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by goldengossiper »

Yeah they’re basically a bunch of privileged and spoiled fuck bois.

Also anyone who thinks they can have their “aura” read by some random dweebs, at twitchcon of all places, are fucking silly oml 🤦🏻‍♀️

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

JacksonMack wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:17 am
I used to love Jenna but holy shit did her 20Mil Sub video and podcast piss me off. How lazy and uninspired can you be?

I personally noticed her content start to decline after the car accident. She seemed to do more at home and care less about her looks. Likely because it freaked her out and probably made her scared of being in cars or driving. Which does happen to people who get in accidents even minor ones. Then because she couldn't work out while recovering from what injuries and trauma she did have she took up other distracting things that in turn made her lazier and took away her desire to go back to being the gym bunny she used to be. I partially blame the video games for sure. She seems to be on them quite a lot. She's probably so "tired" because she's up all night playing them or messing around on the computer. Much like a young adult with no responsibilities.

She also could be just burnt out and depressed (NOT diagnosing her.) 10 years churning out content, content people expect to be funny to boot, for someone who isn't a professional comedian is probably hard in a way. Even though she only does one video a week and spends at most a day and a half working on it doing that consistently for that amount of time could still possibly burn someone out. At least burn them out on that particular thing. She's also getting older with many of her peers more successful than her as well as Julien now getting attention and notoriety for the work he's doing by himself so I imagine for someone who once was the It Girl of Youtube that must sting a little.

I used to think she was incredibly witty and insightful. Now she's nothing more than a shell of the woman she once was. She needs to take a step back, examine her life, and maybe even take a REAL break from Youtube. She has earned that. Take a hiatus. Go on real vacations. Spend time with family. Reconnect with friends. Live a regular life. Then build up a list of fun funny video ideas that do take some effort so she can come back with fresh content and surprise everyone with improved quality.
I used to watch Jenna years ago when her videos were funny and I used to love her. Then I don't know why I stopped watching her (kind of forgot she existed) and many years after I watched a video of her and she seemed totally different than what she used to be, even somehow dead inside. I had no idea she had a car accident, but that explains a lot why I also felt like she looked like a shell of what she was before without knowing what happened or watching her for years.

Post by Guest »

A post in another thread made me wonder something... If Jenna started packing on the pounds, would her fans be as keen to support her slovenly lifestyle???

I feel like lazyness is only accepted when done by the thin and beautiful. But if she were throwing a Shane Dawson, as a female, I doubt she would be as positively praised for it.

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

Howdy, fellow SD thread-er!

Even though her fan base seem to be a huge enabling echo chamber, you can hide your body under baggy clothes for so long before weight gain becomes too obvious. And then maybe there will be popping more and more comments re:weight gain, but somehow my prediction is that they will be more concerning than mocking. Yeah, fatphobia+misogyny is live and thriving, but most of her fans been there for long enough to actually care for her (even this thread is not all haters)
糞食らえ

RosaBelle
Talker
Talker

Post by RosaBelle »

I could see someone like Pewdiepie (can't think of anyone else rn lol), who has a daily upload schedule, saying they're tired, but she's literally admitted she comes up with and idea and films it all in one day. One single day of filming herself just fucking around and maybe a couple hours of editing is making her that tired? Come on. I hate when people say youtube isn't a real job, but when you do so little, it really isn't. A lot of youtubers work hard to get their audience, but Jenna just films herself playing around one day every week and then does nothing else. Try working a 9-5 or uploading videos you actually have to work on every week.
<3 A party without cake is just a meeting ~ Julia Child <3

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

RosaBelle wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:45 pm
I could see someone like Pewdiepie (can't think of anyone else rn lol), who has a daily upload schedule, saying they're tired, but she's literally admitted she comes up with and idea and films it all in one day. One single day of filming herself just fucking around and maybe a couple hours of editing is making her that tired? Come on. I hate when people say youtube isn't a real job, but when you do so little, it really isn't. A lot of youtubers work hard to get their audience, but Jenna just films herself playing around one day every week and then does nothing else. Try working a 9-5 or uploading videos you actually have to work on every week.
Does she have brand deals, merch and other revenue besides adsense from youtube views?

RosaBelle
Talker
Talker

Post by RosaBelle »

AnniaDrama wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 pm
RosaBelle wrote:
Does she have brand deals, merch and other revenue besides adsense from youtube views?
I think she has sponsors on her twitch streams, but I don't think she has sponsors on her regular videos. They seem to have a merch site, but it has no merch on it currently, and I've never heard of them talking about merch so?
<3 A party without cake is just a meeting ~ Julia Child <3

kozume
Informer
Informer

Post by kozume »

RosaBelle wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:26 pm
AnniaDrama wrote:
RosaBelle wrote:
I think she has sponsors on her twitch streams, but I don't think she has sponsors on her regular videos. They seem to have a merch site, but it has no merch on it currently, and I've never heard of them talking about merch so?
the last time she did merch was when she released the pop sockets and the marble and kermit plushies, other than that, she's never really been someone who does merch or anything else other than uploading videos to youtube
English is my second language so i'm sorry for any mistakes

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

DaenerysTargaryen wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:57 pm
So i love the two..i dont enjoy everything they do, but i like them. But.. this just strikes me different. I thought you would wanna have a read yourself..its just. His response to somebody explaining something and then the fans..its just.. toxic (?!)
To be fair, you don't go to someone who's spewing bullshit about auras and try rationally explaining that it's bullshit to them.
He's always struck me as a very naive and impressionable person. He's totally the type of person to go into this kind of experience without any skepticism or critical thinking.

Post by Guest »

Their bffs are Shan and Chris from Neat Dude, right? Shannon has spoken about her depression, but when you look at her insta, she at least tries to cope with it, goes out, spends time with other beings.

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ »

RosaBelle wrote:
AnniaDrama wrote:
RosaBelle wrote:
Their Twitch has Madrinas and Postmates, who pay very well (their Postmates deal likely has rev share with their code). Then their podcast usually has 2 sponsors every week. They don't sell merch on their own but they sell through other brands like Scramble and Neat Dude.

So they makes a shit ton of money just from this (and Twitch subs/donos). Her YT revenue is non-essential. Which you could argue she started making lazier videos after she moved into that house.

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

bunny__ wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:28 am
RosaBelle wrote:
AnniaDrama wrote:
RosaBelle wrote:
Their Twitch has Madrinas and Postmates, who pay very well (their Postmates deal likely has rev share with their code). Then their podcast usually has 2 sponsors every week. They don't sell merch on their own but they sell through other brands like Scramble and Neat Dude.

So they makes a shit ton of money just from this (and Twitch subs/donos). Her YT revenue is non-essential. Which you could argue she started making lazier videos after she moved into that house.
I think her videos became lazier once they started streaming all day every day, even though it was Julien doing all the real work. Streamers get a SHIT ton of money from donations and subs monthly, probably way more than Jenna gets from youtube now.

goldengossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by goldengossiper »

Lmao someone posted this on the subreddit and got super downvoted
https://i.redd.it/47heacs1ybs31.png

Wanna_see_posts
Talker
Talker

Post by Wanna_see_posts »

goldengossiper wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:34 pm
Lmao someone posted this on the subreddit and got super downvoted
https://i.redd.it/47heacs1ybs31.png
"Removed, rule 1. Remember the Human!!!!" :rofl:

ravenclaw67
Informer
Informer

Post by ravenclaw67 »

I've been thinking something was off with Julien for a while. He's so controlling and isolating and I have said before I wouldn't be surprised if he was abusive. She's definitely showing signs of distress.

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

ravenclaw67 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:51 am
I've been thinking something was off with Julien for a while. He's so controlling and isolating and I have said before I wouldn't be surprised if he was abusive. She's definitely showing signs of distress.
I don't see that at all. If anything, it's the other way around. She openly makes fun of him and mocks him in videos, he seems quiet and more timid in recent videos and there have been a few times where she snapped at him and he physically flinched and said "sorry".

SRW88
Learner
Learner

Post by SRW88 »

Yeah, I've never agreed with the whole 'poor Jenna under Julien's brutish male thumb' narrative- you can tell from everything about their dynamic that she would browbeat him to dust if he ever really stepped out of line. She's the big name, she's 'the talent' (albeit as others have said Julien basically does everything re: Twitch and has his own stuff that seems to be doing pretty well, the cooking videos). The most it's ever looked like Julien can get away with is occasional sullenness and the whole 'Aries' deal, which Jenna shuts down like yesterday if she's had enough. They're both less than perfect in several ways, but I personally just don't see this whole psychological torture angle people have been mentioning for a couple of years now. It's like people can see Jenna's changed (however much and in exactly what way probably varies with each onlooker; I'd say it's pretty obvious it coincided with the car accident situation and the aftermath of that), and given some of Julien's more obvious annoying character traits the only possible conclusion is 'he's clearly a jerk; he must be to blame'.

RegularToe
Informer
Informer

Post by RegularToe »

Facetune my life wrote:sooooo last night Julien said on his twitch stream that Jenna's radio show is over now. So she naps for youtube, is never on their twitch stream, and no longer has a radio show. Don't fucking tell me youre exhausted from working so hard when you literally do fuck all! I'm so mad about how lazy she has become and how little she thinks of her fans. :(
I agree mostly with the criticism around her channel but it’s highly possible she doesn’t discuss meetings and projects in development/pet projects and she really is burning the candles at both ends. I found it strange on the hangover podcast that she had trouble remembering a cryogenic chamber video taping if her life is as uneventful as we assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “JennaMarbles”