Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: ImJennIm: Wigs Have Doubled Tenfold - Part 8

Post by Lolokwow »

dxb456 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:28 pm
I'm unsure if this is old news and has already been discussed - I'm new to Jenn's gurugossip thread but have watched her since she made videos with sarah.

I noticed Amy Lee had unfollowed Jenn on everything? I'm so curious as to why, and I did see during the US election Amy was very vocal and called out other Asian influencers for being silent which I noticed Jenn was.

Just thought I'd throw that into the discussion because I remember when they randomly became very close around 2018ish time, and Amy seems very on that "woke" wavelength.
if I remember correctly on this thread it was briefly mentioned how Amy worked for Jenn as her assistant, and then in one video Jenn talked about how working with friends ruined their relationship because they would just chat all day and not actually work. I think their poor working relationship as well as the fake/over performative wokeness and an overall shallow friendship all contributed to them no longer associating with each other.

janabanana2021
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by janabanana2021 »

anyone know why all the criticism comments appear only at the bottom of the video, even if they have more likes than the positive ones at the top?

in her latest video a couple of people criticised the fact that the apples were all in plastic packaging, and the fact that her "what i eat in a day" wasn't an authentic portrayal of what she ate in a day but rather a paid promo using the stuff/ingredients that her sponsor gave her....

yet i kid u not ALL of the remotely negative comments are at the very very bottom of the comment section??? is this bc her PR team heart reacts the positive ones to push them to the top so they are the first ones u see when u scroll to the comment section?

fake fake fake,,,, comment sections should only be regulated when people are being abusive, sexist or racist in the comments. Otherwise they should be left alone. it seems she is making a big effort to control what we see by heart-reacting to all the comments that are overwhelmingly positive so they appear first

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

browstasaurus wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:26 am
catsgomoo wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:32 am
I can't believe she got sponsored by a book publisher when all she reads is self help lmao. And the books she chose are self help tooImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the fact that she goes to individual therapy, couple's therapy and still needs to read a bunch of shitty self-help books says so much about her state of mind
wtf is up with her mental health? AFAIK she has never been formally diagnosed with anything (ex: anxiety, depression, add, ocd, etc. . . ) yet she keeps seeing a therapist, as has for many many years. Now, if I'm not mistaken, the goal of therapy is to stop seeing your therapist at some point (unless you have a condition that requires regular care), their purpose is to equip you with the skills to overcome the issue and tackle it yourself.

She has seen the same therapist for years. Is this really normal? Sounds like her therapist isn't doing anything if she still needs all these resources for no confirmable issue.

drag0ngirl
Learner
Learner

Post by drag0ngirl »

you don't need to have a specific 'issue' to see a therapist.
the goal of therapy is subjective but it's just a objective third party person that you can go to to talk about any issue you might be having. it might just be nice for people to have reminders or reaffirmations.

Derpina123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Derpina123 »

123xyz wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:34 pm
browstasaurus wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:26 am
catsgomoo wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:32 am
I can't believe she got sponsored by a book publisher when all she reads is self help lmao. And the books she chose are self help tooImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the fact that she goes to individual therapy, couple's therapy and still needs to read a bunch of shitty self-help books says so much about her state of mind
wtf is up with her mental health? AFAIK she has never been formally diagnosed with anything (ex: anxiety, depression, add, ocd, etc. . . ) yet she keeps seeing a therapist, as has for many many years. Now, if I'm not mistaken, the goal of therapy is to stop seeing your therapist at some point (unless you have a condition that requires regular care), their purpose is to equip you with the skills to overcome the issue and tackle it yourself.

She has seen the same therapist for years. Is this really normal? Sounds like her therapist isn't doing anything if she still needs all these resources for no confirmable issue.
Jenn, whatever her faults may be, clearly has many issues. It would take any shrink a decade to work through this mess.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

and right on schedule...more self help book recs.

browstasaurus
Learner
Learner

Post by browstasaurus »

So what do y'all think made Ben & Jenn almost break up that they started couples therapy?

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

browstasaurus wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:23 am
So what do y'all think made Ben & Jenn almost break up that they started couples therapy?
oh I dunno...maybe the fact that ben has sacrificed literally every aspect of his life to appease Jenn and she barely can make any efforts to actually treat him as her spouse (making a dinner for the two of them or even visit his family regularly) and not just an Instagram photographer

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

good harmonic relationship means give and take. Ben always gives, Jenn always takes. they don't balance because they perform only one role, but each of them should give and take equally.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

browstasaurus wrote:
I'm no therapist, but they're failing cause they don't really have any aims for the future. their relationship is stale and will eventually be exhausted. I guess if any of them had a lover or new relationship coming, either of them would dump the marriage.

browstasaurus
Learner
Learner

Post by browstasaurus »

Jenn gave him a hair transplant though :rofl:
I love that Ben slipped up in that Guardian piece he wrote that she used to have a go at him if he didn't take her boring try-hard Instagram shots properly.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Evil_robot wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:44 pm
browstasaurus wrote:
I'm no therapist, but they're failing cause they don't really have any aims for the future. their relationship is stale and will eventually be exhausted. I guess if any of them had a lover or new relationship coming, either of them would dump the marriage.
I also think this plays heavily into why jenn needs so much therapy and reads so many self help books. her life is stale and meaningless. her entire 20s was less about developing who she is as a person and what she truly wants out of a life and instead was focused on seeking the validation of other people and living a life that seemed cool to an audience of teenagers. If jenn weren't an influencer and Benn wasn't a convenient push over, I don't think the two would have dated for more than 2 years max, let alone get married to each other.

invidiouslurker
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by invidiouslurker »

i hate to say it but i can't help but notice ben seems a bit... afraid of her? or rather, afraid of setting her off. he always does these exaggerated happy facial expressions and repeats compliments a lot "looks great babe," "well done babe" to an unnecessary degree. maybe she needs a lot of affirmation or else she assumes the worst. i have had toxic friendships like this, and they all ended in a blowup at some point.

jaime_lannister89
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jaime_lannister89 »

invidiouslurker wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 am
i hate to say it but i can't help but notice ben seems a bit... afraid of her? or rather, afraid of setting her off. he always does these exaggerated happy facial expressions and repeats compliments a lot "looks great babe," "well done babe" to an unnecessary degree. maybe she needs a lot of affirmation or else she assumes the worst. i have had toxic friendships like this, and they all ended in a blowup at some point.
Totally agree, even in their relationship q&a videos when he says something that isn't a glowing affirmation he looks at her with concern. This is definitely a result of her "popcorn" emotions and how reactive she is. Definitely get the vibe that he has to walk on egg shells around her. It also doesn't help that she's the main provider of the house.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Ben started posting cooking videos on his own channel and they are actually enjoyable.

mxkxuxp
Stalker
Stalker

Post by mxkxuxp »

she should stop using words that she doesn't know the meaning of....she was eating dragon fruit and said it was malleable... :?

browstasaurus
Learner
Learner

Post by browstasaurus »

Callan wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:57 pm
Ben started posting cooking videos on his own channel and they are actually enjoyable.
he's a much better performer than her imo. she's so boring and try-hard with trying to always look and sound trendy and what she thinks is "intellectual". she always ends up sounding like someone who owns "word of the day" toilet paper more than anything.

invidiouslurker
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by invidiouslurker »

mxkxuxp wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:44 am
she should stop using words that she doesn't know the meaning of....she was eating dragon fruit and said it was malleable... :?
well that isn't a strictly technical use of the word but in everyday speech i would think nothing of it personally. people do commonly use it for anything soft and easily shaped by hands. so i interpreted that as meaning she can mush it with her tongue. i don't eat dragonfruit though.

while i watched the what i ate in a week video, i thought about how people tend to get less concerned with their image and all the self help etc when they transition into their 30s. and i thought, if only jenn could reach that sweet spot of self acceptance and subsequent freedom. her struggle to get there has been relatable enough i guess, but she does have to actually get through to the other side at some point. it's time to start saying "f**k it" to more things and not study one's own life so hard all the time. i don't believe that's actually how she wants to spend her life but feels obligated to.

gratatatata
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by gratatatata »

She's such a bitch to her parents. I had to unsubscribe. I can't stand how she talks about her parents. You're 30 years old and just now realizing that you don't have to have an extreme reaction to everything they say? Yikes.

Ahydr0xyA
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Ahydr0xyA »

omgsh they're pregnant :o

Return to “Jenn Im”