Gaston Dope Fletcher and the Gobful of Ire #thrilled #cakegate #protectmiles - Part 18

toffeethegossip
Talker
Talker

Re: Gaston Dope Fletcher and the Gobful of Ire #thrilled #cakegate #protectmiles - Part 18

Post by toffeethegossip » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:34 am

2TinyPanthers wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:25 am
pishposh1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:30 am
This shot is cute, would like to have seen it in full colour like the others. So weird that they chose the worst shots to promote with??
She still looks like a granny, but she looks like a happy granny, not her usual miserable pout.
Yes she looks happy but the bloody hair and glasses make her look like a granny, she needs to find someone that can style curly hair and actually cut it, it looks like a bog brush and those glasses age her about 25 years :rofl:

sugashooz123
Learner
Learner

Re: Gaston Dope Fletcher and the Gobful of Ire #thrilled #cakegate #protectmiles - Part 18

Post by sugashooz123 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Margo_Channing wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:28 pm
mollycastle12 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:52 am
Illogic_ally wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:12 am
Cloudnumber123 wrote:What are more things she started and never finished/quit and/or half assed? Or things she just in general was AB solutely obsessed with then suddenly abandoned.

Her blog
The bibbitty vloggity boo series
Dear Autumn
Dear Tom and Gi
You Now chats
Fan mail
Drawing/painting

I feel there are a lot more. I think there were many times she said she was going to make a video or blog about (fill in the blank), I’d be genuinely interested, and then nothing ever happened.
Did she ever finish her bookshelf tour she started years back?
Not to mention writing original songs, which she hasn’t done for years now and was one of the reasons I followed her to begin with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can preemptively add cross stitch to the list too 😂
Also the fairy tale series where she talked about how twisted fairy tales are!
Her bookshelf tour videos, she did about 2 or 3 and then gave up for a few years. Then when she moved into her new house a few months ago she started it up again but on Instagram Live, and now it's been abandoned again.

ruthg19
Talker
Talker

Post by ruthg19 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:03 pm

I was reading this thing on Cosmopolitan today about “signs of a narcissist” and these describe Carrie to a T. Image Image

exuberantsoul
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by exuberantsoul » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:26 pm

I’ve just gotten back from seeing Les Mis. It was absolutely incredible. I cried all the way on the train home.
I’ll give credit where credit is due and say that Carrie sang I Dreamed A Dream very prettily. Her voice at the beginning was just beautiful. She sounded a little strained on two of the more belty notes, but more importantly, she didn’t seem to be acting that much. She sang the song right and pretty. But there was no emotion behind the words, no emphasis on certain parts, it was just the song sung straight through by a pretty voice. The whole production was marvelous though, I didn’t do stage door as it was too late, so I also can’t speak on that.

Illogic_ally
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:21 pm

exuberantsoul wrote:I’ve just gotten back from seeing Les Mis. It was absolutely incredible. I cried all the way on the train home.
I’ll give credit where credit is due and say that Carrie sang I Dreamed A Dream very prettily. Her voice at the beginning was just beautiful. She sounded a little strained on two of the more belty notes, but more importantly, she didn’t seem to be acting that much. She sang the song right and pretty. But there was no emotion behind the words, no emphasis on certain parts, it was just the song sung straight through by a pretty voice. The whole production was marvelous though, I didn’t do stage door as it was too late, so I also can’t speak on that.
This is exactly why I can’t understand why her album was so half-assed. She’s always had a gorgeous voice and her strength clearly isn’t acting, so why does she not lean toward being a singer more? She’s already limited herself to roles that aren’t dance heavy, and she obviously loves being in shows, so why would you not create a backup plan for yourself and establish yourself as a singer? She’s just had over half a year off, she could’ve pushed the album back until now and done it properly with a mix of original songs.

Can we go ahead and preemptively add The Cardinals to the list of abandoned projects? Especially given that everyone involved seems busy fairly constantly.

For the next next thread, Carrie Skeeter and the Half-Assed projects Image

PocketPLocket
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:17 pm

It's so weird to think she's had over 6 months between jobs. Imagine being out of work that long. Usually for most adults that only happens if you're seriously unwell. If I was off that long I think I'd get depressed and eat a lot.

girasole1840
Debater
Debater

Post by girasole1840 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:51 pm

Ramin is in Dr Zhivago with Celinde. That's 2 of the 4 Cardinals. Not sure about Ben but he's not known for being without work.

girasole1840
Debater
Debater

Post by girasole1840 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:55 pm

Sounds as if Carrie's I Dreamed a Dream is a 'concert performance ' rather than acting. The words are supposed to tell the story not just be sung. Memory in Cats was acted and lots of the audience were in tears. Carrie cannot act to any great degree. She's always just Carrie singing songs.

Helianthus1567
Debater
Debater

Post by Helianthus1567 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:56 am

OMG! Her Album!!!!!!
I point blank refuse to download it but I listened to the previews on iTunes. There's a lot wrong with it, but why was Burn, the big emotional ballad from Hamilton, given a happy bouncy back-beat? It almost sounds as if she's 'thrilled' that her husband has cheated on her and 'obsessed' with the Reynolds Pamphlet he published for the whole world to read!
(For anyone looking for really good Hamilton covers, go find Rachel Zegler's youtube channel. I don't know how many she's actually done, but her covers of Helpless, Satisfied and Burn are what got me into Hamilton in the first place.)

Other things Carrie has abandoned:
Origami

delightfuldebutante
Talker
Talker

Post by delightfuldebutante » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:51 am

The Lindybop dress is the wrong size for her

sun_and_stars
Talker
Talker

Post by sun_and_stars » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:22 am

delightfuldebutante wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:51 am
i buy from lindybop a lot (literally graduated in one of their dresses two weeks ago😂) and their sizing is very very strange… as in i’m a size 16-18 and i had to go to a 24 literally just for my chest!!!

Helianthus1567
Debater
Debater

Post by Helianthus1567 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:38 am

I'm sorry. I'm getting ready to go out and had a spare ten mins so I was messing around on Carrie's youtube looking for videos she made before she went crazy and this came up under popular uploads:

Oh my GOD! She genuinely has/had a beautiful voice. This was uploaded April 2013. So much has changed in 6 years.
I'm sure I'm not the only person who found her performances of Seventeen painful to watch what with all her shouting over anyone else (I'm always reminded of that actress in Friends who gives Joey acting advice and most of it is 'making sure the camera only sees her' whenever I see Carrie trying to sing with other people. She doesn't know how to blend!)

wooyww
Learner
Learner

Post by wooyww » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:17 am

following
@bastilledan: i need to find some shade and curl up in a ball somewhere

spaghettiohnoes
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by spaghettiohnoes » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:20 am

sun_and_stars wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:22 am
delightfuldebutante wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:51 am
i buy from lindybop a lot (literally graduated in one of their dresses two weeks ago😂) and their sizing is very very strange… as in i’m a size 16-18 and i had to go to a 24 literally just for my chest!!!
yeah lindybop sizes are bizarre, i'm usually 12-14 and even a 10 was too big. a big shame because the dresses are so cute!

Illogic_ally
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:25 am

Helianthus1567 wrote:OMG! Her Album!!!!!!
I point blank refuse to download it but I listened to the previews on iTunes. There's a lot wrong with it, but why was Burn, the big emotional ballad from Hamilton, given a happy bouncy back-beat? It almost sounds as if she's 'thrilled' that her husband has cheated on her and 'obsessed' with the Reynolds Pamphlet he published for the whole world to read!
(For anyone looking for really good Hamilton covers, go find Rachel Zegler's youtube channel. I don't know how many she's actually done, but her covers of Helpless, Satisfied and Burn are what got me into Hamilton in the first place.)

Other things Carrie has abandoned:
Origami
I downloaded it before a plane trip just after it came out, before I knew about GG. My god what a disappointment that was. I’ve always lived her voice, but I can’t get over the god awful backing tracks. It’s like someone deleted the originals so they had to quickly whip some up in garage band.

BeeBee80
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BeeBee80 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:20 am

https://youtu.be/Y-WqCNBbdj4

This is by far my favorite thing she’s done... I often wonder how that Carrie back then would look on this Carrie now because she just seemed like such a perceptive and emphatic person back then. Someone on this thread has mentioned that she should focus on being a singer rather than an actress and while I 100% agree with you on a certain level (because of videos like this one), I also think she still has more chance of success in MT industry since music industry is even more competitive.

Edit: So I just went and listened to her ‘Perfect from Edges’ cover and... holy shit... I don’t know if anything was happening in her life at the time but it really makes her look like an amazing actress... you can really see how much she’s feeling the song... maybe she was just in a certain place mentally when she covered it and it really resonated with her (like I Dreamed a Dream doesn’t at the moment)... wow
Last edited by BeeBee80 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

CatSheldon
Learner
Learner

Post by CatSheldon » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:25 am

Just had a listen to her version of Burn on YouTube, and the beginning of the track sounds amazing. But then it weirdly layers up as the song goes on giving it a bizarrely jazzy sound. Don’t get me started on the album version of I Dreamed A Dream and Journey To The Past. I don’t know what the thinking was behind the tracks on the album, it’s all a bit weird!

Illogic_ally
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:19 am

CatSheldon wrote:Just had a listen to her version of Burn on YouTube, and the beginning of the track sounds amazing. But then it weirdly layers up as the song goes on giving it a bizarrely jazzy sound. Don’t get me started on the album version of I Dreamed A Dream and Journey To The Past. I don’t know what the thinking was behind the tracks on the album, it’s all a bit weird!
I’d love to know the story behind her album, because it seems as though she didn’t put much passion into it, and she barely promoted it at all. She promoted the accompanying concerts more than the album itself. I wonder whether it was a case of her agent or whoever saying ‘yknow what’d make a quick bit of cash and be good promo, just come lay down some vocals and we’ll take care of the rest’. It just didn’t seem overly like a passion project, which is odd considering it’s an album of show tunes, you’d think someone like Carrie would be over the moon to release something like that

lhs
Learner
Learner

Post by lhs » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:57 am

PocketPLocket wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:17 pm
It's so weird to think she's had over 6 months between jobs. Imagine being out of work that long. Usually for most adults that only happens if you're seriously unwell. If I was off that long I think I'd get depressed and eat a lot.
Like....is she entitled to jobseekers allowance, or what. Benefits?! How does she earn her money?! Endless sponsorships probably.

pishposh1
Talker
Talker

Post by pishposh1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:06 am

Illogic_ally wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:19 am
CatSheldon wrote:Just had a listen to her version of Burn on YouTube, and the beginning of the track sounds amazing. But then it weirdly layers up as the song goes on giving it a bizarrely jazzy sound. Don’t get me started on the album version of I Dreamed A Dream and Journey To The Past. I don’t know what the thinking was behind the tracks on the album, it’s all a bit weird!
I’d love to know the story behind her album, because it seems as though she didn’t put much passion into it, and she barely promoted it at all. She promoted the accompanying concerts more than the album itself. I wonder whether it was a case of her agent or whoever saying ‘yknow what’d make a quick bit of cash and be good promo, just come lay down some vocals and we’ll take care of the rest’. It just didn’t seem overly like a passion project, which is odd considering it’s an album of show tunes, you’d think someone like Carrie would be over the moon to release something like that

I havent been following carrie as long as most people (i found her ig during addams) so its interesting to see the older videos you guys are posting as the difference between those and her recent ones is blinding.
RE her album, i havent listened as it isnt my kind of thing but even her announcement of it seemed so half-arsed and empty?

pishposh1
Talker
Talker

Post by pishposh1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:11 am

lhs wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:57 am
PocketPLocket wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:17 pm
Like....is she entitled to jobseekers allowance, or what. Benefits?! How does she earn her money?! Endless sponsorships probably.
Probably not, the last time i looked it up if you had a certain amount in savings you cant claim it. She would also have to be actively looking for work and iirc you have to be willing to apply for practically anything thats available (cleaning, shelf stacking, admin, etc).
Ive actually asked her in past Q&As how earnings work in the theatre world as i genuinely am interested but never got a response (maybe i should have been mean about it and i would have gotten an answer 😂).

chinese_whispers
Learner
Learner

Post by chinese_whispers » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:15 am

12 days and we're already on page 33? That's so quick!

apollo-veggie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by apollo-veggie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:48 am

so the synopsis for her new novel is out. clickbaity and cringey as expected. who are these novels aimed at? they're not marketed as YA but I can't see how they appeal to adults, but perhaps I'm a snob.

someone also pointed out a while back that every single one of her novels have five syllables in the title - she claims it's a coincidence but it seems to me like a desperate grab to string them together to make them into a brand without making it LOOK like that's what she's doing.

dawson
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dawson » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:13 am

apollo-veggie wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:48 am
so the synopsis for her new novel is out. clickbaity and cringey as expected. who are these novels aimed at? they're not marketed as YA but I can't see how they appeal to adults, but perhaps I'm a snob.

someone also pointed out a while back that every single one of her novels have five syllables in the title - she claims it's a coincidence but it seems to me like a desperate grab to string them together to make them into a brand without making it LOOK like that's what she's doing.
She doesn't even fit into the newer New Adult genre. She said she's women's fiction but I don't even see that.

jessisnotcool
Debater
Debater

Post by jessisnotcool » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:16 am

About her album, Carrie has said before that she does things to say 'look, i've done x thing!' (album, podcast, novels, concert..) so no wonder she half-asses them, instead of putting actual time/effort/passion into them. It's not about the end product, it's about the fact that she can add it to her list of 'about me's.' Good for her to tick things off the bucket list, no good for anybody actually paying for her shitty excuse of content.

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”