thanks to evolsirap for the title <3

Elisa_
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICrotchShotThee: TK Maxx-ed Out of Content - Part 3

Post by Elisa_ »

Where is she? Is she taking a break or what?

ga7ba
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ga7ba »

She disappears so much, that I don't find it out of the ordinary anymore when she's gone for a bit. Alix has always been the type of person that is severely overwhelmed just by the happenings of everyday life (even before her Mom died). I think she struggles daily with anxiety/panic attacks and depression (and possibly a touch of agoraphobia). I think when she goes away for an extended amount of time it's probably because she's in an extended period of stress/anxiety and just shuts down.
I think you're giving her way too much credit. I think she's just lazy and she's always been like that.

evolsirap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by evolsirap »

Oooo thanks for choosing my suggestion! Now the real question is, when will our Alix come out of hiding?

RosalitaRaspberry
Debater
Debater

Post by RosalitaRaspberry »

ga7ba wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:34 am
She disappears so much, that I don't find it out of the ordinary anymore when she's gone for a bit. Alix has always been the type of person that is severely overwhelmed just by the happenings of everyday life (even before her Mom died). I think she struggles daily with anxiety/panic attacks and depression (and possibly a touch of agoraphobia). I think when she goes away for an extended amount of time it's probably because she's in an extended period of stress/anxiety and just shuts down.
I think you're giving her way too much credit. I think she's just lazy and she's always been like that.
I agree that she's lazy. If you go back and see my other posts about Alix, I've always been one of the first to point out that she's lazy and lacks any ambition. In fact, I'm probably one of the few people on here that has been consistently critical of Alix when she deserves to be called out, as it seems most people often make excuses for her because of her unfortunate life circumstances.

But in addition to being lazy, it's very clear she struggles to do everyday tasks because of her mental health issues. She's even admitted it in videos that she has extreme anxiety. Everything always stresses her out. All she wants to do is stay inside. So if you put those two things together, it's a wonder she even gets out of bed or can even function in the world. I also think you can usually tell when she's just being lazy vs. she's in a state of high stress.

I know depression can sometimes make someone appear "lazy," but I don't think this is the case with Alix. I think Alix's laziness stems from being coddled so much. First by her parents, then by Darrin. She has always struck me as someone who has never been inconvenienced or been forced out of her comfort zone much. Which I think is probably why the death of her mother and the break-up with Darrin probably threw her even more for a loop emotionally and mentally. She lost not only two people she loved most, but also two people she probably relied on heavily to deal with life.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

Just clocked that she probably lives in the same area as I do in London as I’ve seen her 3/4 times now 😂

Saw her last weekend with I guess some family? She looked dressed up and perfectly happy but I guess you never know what really going on.

mileymoo
Debater
Debater

Post by mileymoo »

RosalitaRaspberry wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:43 pm
ga7ba wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:34 am
I agree that she's lazy. If you go back and see my other posts about Alix, I've always been one of the first to point out that she's lazy and lacks any ambition. In fact, I'm probably one of the few people on here that has been consistently critical of Alix when she deserves to be called out, as it seems most people often make excuses for her because of her unfortunate life circumstances.

But in addition to being lazy, it's very clear she struggles to do everyday tasks because of her mental health issues. She's even admitted it in videos that she has extreme anxiety. Everything always stresses her out. All she wants to do is stay inside. So if you put those two things together, it's a wonder she even gets out of bed or can even function in the world. I also think you can usually tell when she's just being lazy vs. she's in a state of high stress.

I know depression can sometimes make someone appear "lazy," but I don't think this is the case with Alix. I think Alix's laziness stems from being coddled so much. First by her parents, then by Darrin. She has always struck me as someone who has never been inconvenienced or been forced out of her comfort zone much. Which I think is probably why the death of her mother and the break-up with Darrin probably threw her even more for a loop emotionally and mentally. She lost not only two people she loved most, but also two people she probably relied on heavily to deal with life.
I think that you made some really good points.

I obviously know nothing about Alix except from what she puts online, but I actually thought that she came across as getting her life together/had better content/was more independent/seemed in a better place in the months after her mother and Darren. I think she was forced out of her comfort zone because of the worst set of circumstances, but she seemed to be doing well (now I do know that that could have been an act) But then as last year went on she seemed to fall back into old habits and then latched onto the new boyfriend like she did with Darren. It's a pity because I do like her and I think it's sad that she seems to be in this bad cycle.

RosieLee
Debater
Debater

Post by RosieLee »

following

bringback2014alix
Stalker
Stalker

Post by bringback2014alix »

This is a bit of a silly thing, but I wonder if Alix doesn't have ADHD(ADD)?

It would explain the lack of posting, and it is commonly found with anxiety disorders, and might explain why she can't do things like stick to a schedule, etc. I think it would definitely be worth looking into because it presents totally differently in women and adults...

GossipCat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GossipCat »

I wonder if she got dumped again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SaganandScotch
Stalker
Stalker

Post by SaganandScotch »

I was wondering the same thing too (a breakup or relationship problems). I definitely agree with those above saying she gets overwhelmed with daily life etc etc so maybe it is that, but she put everything into this relationship by moving etc very quickly. I just might be moving to assumptions though. Who knows, maybe she will decide to do her job again at some point and we will get an idea. That would be the most surprising thing.

makeupbullshit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by makeupbullshit »

Maybe they are just on vacation, as her boyfriend seems to not mind travelling.

Other youtubers make sure to actually pre-film or at least tell their audiences when they are taking a break. She either doesn't care about her audience or is oblivious that her channel can go downhill if more people finally lose interest or get fed up with her irregular uploads. I actually think that she is over youtube because it may be to much work for her and people are getting upset too easy there. :D instagram on the other hand is just taking nice pictures (more shallow, less substance and less work, which she obviously prefers). But IMO she is not one of of those instagramers who can make money without relying on youtube too.

marta_gee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by marta_gee »

She posted on insta stories last week that she was "taking some time on some 'real life things' that ran longer than expected" (it's saved in her August highlights). Whatever that means!

Post by Guest »

I would have thought that after moving to London she would have taken advantage of lots of the blogger brand events.

Lililala
Debater
Debater

Post by Lililala »

sophieimogen wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:44 am
I would have thought that after moving to London she would have taken advantage of lots of the blogger brand events.
Exactly. Or at least the London life so she can create some content around it. I would have loved a London summer guide for example.

I feel that Alix is the king of girls who do better when they are single. She is so co dependent when she is in a relationship that everything else freezes as if she can’t have her own personality if a guy is around. She was doing so good before being all over her Joe. And now he is in every video, she does not create any original content, any content at all actually...

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

sophieimogen wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:44 am
Nah, tbh I always thought she wouldn't. People usually don't magically change once they move somewhere else. Let's be honest, the only reason she moved to London was so she could latch onto Joe even more. The fact that she lives in an amazing city with so many opportunities probably doesn't mean squat to her.

Ahuja
Informer
Informer

Post by Ahuja »

following

soycapwithone
Debater
Debater

Post by soycapwithone »

Back on Instagram like nothing happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zuma100
Learner
Learner

Post by Zuma100 »

I wonder if they moved. She posted an insta story rounding up July and she was painting a room (I thought they had finished their flat) and Jo was taking down a big tree...

I don’t care anymore about her break, but it’s so obvious she’s just back for the money these days m.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

She became completely irrelevant on the YT world and I don't think that she really cares..
I just wonder what she does with her days? I would go mental if I spent all my days doing absolutely nothing just waiting for my bf to come home. What is she doing with her life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:love2:

Return to “I Covet Thee”