Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Safiya NoUploadgaard - Part 4

Post by Samisgossiping »

soycapwithone wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:44 pm
I’ve gotta say she looks absolutely beautiful and I’m impressed with how thorough and well researched this video was. Still found a few tense moments with her and Tyler though.. like why did she have to comment on him being sweaty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought she looked hella pretty too! Her hair had some volume and she didn't have those huge wings blocking her eyes.

Lilalo
Learner
Learner

Post by Lilalo »

Has she lost a considerable amount of weight? She looked amazing, this was well researched. I hope she takes some cues from the silhouettes in this video for her daily wear--they looked so much better on her than her usual garb.

I think I've seen Karolina review her fashion history videos before and generally she approves.

soycapwithone
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by soycapwithone »

unskinny wrote:Is it really accurate though? I wanna see Karolina Żebrowska's reaction, she knows her vintage.
She’s reviewed Safiya’s fashion through the decade before and seemed pretty impressed. I’m sure she’ll pick up on a few details though

lurkerloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkerloo »

banita803 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:33 pm
carlinn wrote:I loved this video, I felt like I was watching one of those Allure “100 years of...” videos (especially with the simple background). I understand bigger projects like this taking a long time, but I feel like she could either do away with having a schedule (like the Dolan twins have) or do a combination of these bigger projects with more simple videos like when she tried 7-11 makeup.

I agree and think she could have done better.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
It'd be nice if she posted a second video of just a montage of the designs. I enjoyed the behind the scenes and research, but it'd also be nice to see a quick 1-2 minute video of just the dresses.

smallworld
Debater
Debater

Post by smallworld »

In one hour

unskinny
Learner
Learner

Post by unskinny »

smallworld wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:07 am
In one hour
Her cat Crusty comes first, then Tyler? LOL

llamalove5
Talker
Talker

Post by llamalove5 »

yoyotomi wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:18 pm
llamalove5 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:16 am
Also double post and maybe I'm in the minority but I don't just sit around all day waiting for Youtubers to upload, even when they have a set schedule. If I'm not mistaken, Saf has never set a posting schedule for herself (correct me if I'm wrong though). I just browse YouTube maybe once a day and watch whatever is new, I'm not sitting around like "Where is XYZ's video they said they were posting today?!". Maybe I'm a more casual Youtube watcher but like, I got shit to do during the day I'm just not checking to see if certain Youtubers uploaded. I understand that more posts = more engagement so it would be beneficial for her to upload more but like it really just isn't the end of the world to me.
I’m pretty sure most of the people on here are casual watchers too. I’m certainly not waiting around each day for when the youtubers I watch will post a video- I watch it when I can.

However, this is Saf’s job. If you or I were to go to work and tell our boss we’d have a project done in a week and a half or two weeks, we’d get it done in a week and a half or two. And if not we’d be reprimanded and if it happened again our job would be at stake. Sad clearly doesn’t take that into account. She has a whole team and yet she can’t consistently put out content. Not only that her quality has gone down as well.

It’s not the end of the world to any of us either, I think most of us are just upset with the idea of her having a job that has no structure or deadlines and not doing more considering the flexibility of it
True and I understand the argument of if this was my job this wouldn't fly. However, that's just it. This isn't my job or any of our jobs and the fact is Youtubers DO have that flexibility to post whenever their video is completed. There are definitely Youtubers who do not post as often (such as once a week) and still have fans and are considered successful. I've always been very interested in this argument of "this would never fly at my job" because it isn't our job and being a "content creator" on Youtube is naturally going to be different than a typical 9-5. They have the flexibility to push videos back if the content isn't finished or up to par. Honestly, and I'm not saying this is specifically you but more in a general sense, I think people are just salty that they can't have a job as (seemingly) easy and laid back as being a Youtuber. Do I wish I could do my work at my own pace and be done with projects whenever I want vs. being on deadlines and having to answer to people above me? Of course! But that's not how a typical 9-5 works but it is how Youtube /can/ work if the creator so decides. You can decide for yourself if you deem the content "good quality" or not and if you think the quality matches the amount of effort the creator seemingly put into it, to each their own. I do agree slightly in the sense that I'm very intrigued about her team of staff. Who are these people? What do they do? Do they work all the time or is it just on an as-needed basis depending on when they shoot and edit videos? Could be an interesting video idea honestly like a "Meet Our Team" sort of thing! Idk at the end of the day I'm just interested in the rhetoric of "Youtubers have to put out consistently good content all the time or else they're lazy" but do admit I agree that if the videos are consistently going to be uploaded and then get pushed back she should just wait until it's up to then promote.

llamalove5
Talker
Talker

Post by llamalove5 »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:48 am
She has had multiple posting schedules. At first it was three times a week, now her channel banner says every other week. So she’s short of that this year by six videos.

No one is losing their mind about her not posting. It’s a gossip site. For......gasp, gossiping

Like I said you could correct me if I was wrong no need to be rude about it. But a lot of the discussion here is about her not posting frequently so it kind of does seem like people are all concerned lol. It's not that deep really it was just my observation that people are really on her, and really a lot of Youtubers, for not posting according to her schedule. To me, it never seemed like she really enforced her schedule so in my head I just think okay if I see a video of hers pop up in my subscriptions then cool I'll watch, if not, then fine she's probably working on one. Trust me I enjoy gossip I'm just saying people REALLY seemed to care.

rdt1004
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rdt1004 »

I agree she looked really beautiful in this video and it does look like she's lost some weight for the wedding. I hope the weight loss encourages her to wear something else other than that god awful bat wing baby doll dress. Hope we get another video soon and don't have to wait another month.

SageLavender
Debater
Debater

Post by SageLavender »

All of the wedding looks in case you don't wanna watch the video 😄 1920s and 1940s looks are stunning.

My issues with the video: unnecessary stock footage, Saf trying so hard to be funny (makeup artist was visibly annoyed), pointless movie/show references, Saf being really mean to Tyler about his sweating (uncalled for, cruel).

SageLavender
Debater
Debater

Post by SageLavender »

What a nice burn 😄

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

Her face without the bloat and less makeup is gorgeous.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Maybe I didn’t give it a chance, but I thought this video was pretty boring. I just skipped around and moved on. I don’t find the way she puts these kinds of videos together compelling. I’m gonna go against the grain and say these fashion throughout history videos are Safiya at her weakest to me. I think her videos would be improved with tighter editing and pacing, but these kinds of videos really expose how unnecessary and excessive some of her footage is.

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

I wonder if some of the issues around the timing of this video is copyright permissions? Like, some stock footage I imagine you can easily purchase. But some of the stuff in this video was pretty niche and archival - the older film footage especially. And, thinking back to the styled series in Korea where she used a lot of kpop material - in order for that video not to get demonetized, she must have sought and gained permission to use those clips, right?

I'm genuinely curious. I have to procure archival documents at work sometimes and getting permissions can take weeks if not months.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

makemeasquare wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:32 pm
I wonder if some of the issues around the timing of this video is copyright permissions? Like, some stock footage I imagine you can easily purchase. But some of the stuff in this video was pretty niche and archival - the older film footage especially. And, thinking back to the styled series in Korea where she used a lot of kpop material - in order for that video not to get demonetized, she must have sought and gained permission to use those clips, right?

I'm genuinely curious. I have to procure archival documents at work sometimes and getting permissions can take weeks if not months.
I have brought up this question before, and I’m still unsure of how she’s managing it, because sometimes she uses clips that I cannot imagined she has cleared. I personally think she needs to quit depending on outside footage as much as she does. A few pictures or clips here and there can be instructive, but most of her videos include footage from other youtubers, huge companies, etc. that add little value. Like I’ve said before, it reads more like extras thrown in to bring up the watch time and to allow her to overly expound in her voiceover rather than adding support and her commentary. It’s like the way a C student adds already summarized quotes and passages to an essay to up their word count, instead of using outside sources to support and drive their thesis.

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:37 pm
makemeasquare wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:32 pm

Perhaps it is part of the hold up but that's not a good enough excuse IMO. If it takes weeks/months to get the footage that she deems necessary for her content (it's not but ok), she needs to factor that into her timeline. If she wants to release a video in a timely manner and include weeks of research, filming, editing, archival gathering and approval... she needs to start the process like 3-4 months earlier. And she has a giant team so it's not like this isn't possible. At this rate, she should be working on Q2 2020 videos and I highly doubt she even has January planned out.
Oh FULLY agreed. This is still very much a scheduling issue. Like, make some fun 5-7 videos to release in between your mega projects, dude. Keep your audience well primed.

I was wrapping up some rights permissions at work and watched the video over my lunch break and very latently started putting it together when I saw HOW MUCH likely-copyrighted material she's got in the videos. Honestly, if they have as many issues with copyright as my work does (which seems likely, actually) we have a person who devotes 20 hours/week to managing that alone.

ts12
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ts12 »

llamalove5 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:09 am
Cheryl Blossom wrote:
She has had multiple posting schedules. At first it was three times a week, now her channel banner says every other week. So she’s short of that this year by six videos.

No one is losing their mind about her not posting. It’s a gossip site. For......gasp, gossiping

Like I said you could correct me if I was wrong no need to be rude about it. But a lot of the discussion here is about her not posting frequently so it kind of does seem like people are all concerned lol. It's not that deep really it was just my observation that people are really on her, and really a lot of Youtubers, for not posting according to her schedule. To me, it never seemed like she really enforced her schedule so in my head I just think okay if I see a video of hers pop up in my subscriptions then cool I'll watch, if not, then fine she's probably working on one. Trust me I enjoy gossip I'm just saying people REALLY seemed to care.
I mean, she has almost 9 million subscribers, so clearly what she's doing works for her and her priorities. I honestly find it kind of refreshing to see someone break away from the upload schedule and stick to what they feel they do best.

ts12
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ts12 »

llamalove5 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:09 am
Cheryl Blossom wrote:

I mean, she has almost 9 million subscribers, so clearly what she's doing works for her and her priorities. I honestly find it kind of refreshing to see someone break away from the upload schedule model and stick to what they feel they do best. She seems to like the big project / longform approach, and if that's working out just fine, why bother with shorter in-between videos?

Bile
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Bile »

The problem is not that she uploads less than her contemporaries, but that she’s not adhering to the schedule she’s assigned herself. Commitments occasionally falling through is one thing - no one is perfect - but she consistently releases dates for videos scheduled to go live that rarely go live when she says they will. I don’t think as many people would care/notice her inconsistent upload schedule if it weren’t for her constant statuses about “working so hard” and half-hearted apologies.

sweet2mechii
Learner
Learner

Post by sweet2mechii »

I feel like the hairstylist did her dirty in the new video. The hair just looks so cheap. The 1940’s one isn’t even brushed out at the back.
Also, Saf is cute but I just hate that “smirky” face she makes in every thumbnail or anytime she’s posing. I don’t know why but it’s so annoying.

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”