Dan & Phil Part 63: DanIsNotStraight and AmazingGay

0_JinxToMinx_0
Informer
Informer

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: DanIsNotStraight and AmazingGay

Post by 0_JinxToMinx_0 »

"The hell happened to this forum? Brimming with activity (well, it should be/would be at least) and then just silence. I mean, what? Almost 2 months of 0 discourse. Weird."

Believe me: You are better off not knowing.

Yelwahawley
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Yelwahawley »

'Believe me: You are better off not knowing.'

Spooky?

Yelwahawley
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Yelwahawley »

book released, though. there’s that. and that’s it.

galaxy_bxtch
Learner
Learner

Post by galaxy_bxtch »

Come on guys I came here hoping for tea on the book and nobodies bringing it! Is it as cringe as I think it’s gonna be

kc11236
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kc11236 »

I have not read it, but it still irks me that he is promoting it almost with an air of an expert, of which he is not. I am sure he shares good tips (basic things like proper nutrition, rest, self-care, etc), but the rest should be left to qualified, licensed mental health professionals. I am not saying I hope it fails or doesn't help/can't help someone, but it should not take the place of proper care.

Also, I watched the haircut video. I always like their banter, I can't help it and Dan can be funny. It wasn't too bad, but when he keeps calling Phil his friend I just cringe. It would feel so awkward I would think to call your *most likely I guess* partner your "friend" but as long as their both on the same page I guess who am I to judge.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i mean it's not really that surprising if the book is underwhelming, just look at the previous ones he's done. just because this one is on a more serious topic, doesn't change the fact it's just another cash grab.
i find it funny that instead of making videos for his own channel, he's doing them on phil's channel, and that's what's being done to advertise his book.
we actually thought he'd be back making youtube videos, but no, it's just the same old same old, where he makes guest appearances in phil's channel

nopoint
Talker
Talker

Post by nopoint »

even those who bought it is making fun of it :?

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

💀💀💀
literally saying close your eyes and wait until you fall asleep

nopoint
Talker
Talker

Post by nopoint »

Dan really made merch from his self help book... he's really selling self help on tshirts, hoodies and bags... He really is passionate and cares about mental health($$$$)

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

nopoint wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:52 pm
Dan really made merch from his self help book... he's really selling self help on tshirts, hoodies and bags... He really is passionate and cares about mental health($$$$)
mental health? more like give me wealth

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

the problem with dan is he thinks he's super deep...he's not. he probably thought that line about sleep was revolutionary. lmaoooo

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

He really wrote that line about sleep and thought he did something huh

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

not sure how many watched phil's latest video. long story short he swallowed super glue on accident at 2am and had to go to the hospital but everything's fine.
my reason for posting tho is that at the end they announce dan is finally uploading to his channel. the project he was doing with youtube is coming out this friday and it'll be a 1 hour long video. and based on his description of it, it's basically a retelling of his life but in like an alternate universe in which he was out and proud at a young age
The Internet knows all your secrets

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

watched it, phil's background and filming space is so messy and cramped and even worse than it was before

deadyoutube
Lurker
Lurker

Post by deadyoutube »

Surprised no one has spoke about Dan's Pride live show. It was a little cringy in some aspects but overall I think it was a big step for him. Smashing up those objects finally made it feel like the danisnotonfire era has come to a close instead of that awkward rebrand from a few years ago. I'm excited to see where he takes his channel next.
the phans to their irrelevant creators:

:hail:

Ashbowers1
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Ashbowers1 »

Now let me start this by defending why I care because I know the "are they dating" thing has almost become taboo to ask. Some of us started watching these dudes a very vey long time ago when we were young so they pretty much feel like family. I also think that's why its okay to be annoyed. If I had a irl cousin and they were best friends with someone they use to date but now they own a home together but there totally not together I would find is exhausting and annoying.
Now that being said. I don't understand them. If there not together they just built a house together and live together. How are they suppose to date? Their both at an age where people start to date seriously. No-one is gonna be cool with dating someone who has lived with their ex for 10+ years double so after they built a home together. Like what?
If they are together why hide it? Like I think what bugs me is how often Dan talks about hooking up with people. I feel like Phil only stayed in the closet for so long because he knew if he came out Dan would get dragged out. I mean he came out as soon as Dan did but made it seem like it wasn't a big deal at all. So think about it. That means Phil stayed in the closet and dealt with dans sometimes aggressive denials of homosexuality for years. If there in a relationship now that means phil is dealing with Dan constantly talking about wanting sex with other people.
I'm just saying it's how I've interpreted the situation and if they are dating Dan is kinda a dick.

Moon
Learner
Learner

Post by Moon »

Relationships comes in all kind of forms everyone is different, having trust in the other person can also be knowing that no matter your attraction to other humans you still care and love deeply for eachothers and that fact won't necessarily change because you want to fuck other people. Not saying i know what they are but thinking that only monogamy is the only good healthy form of having a relationship and anything else makes you an asshole is dumb.
Maybe their relationship is sad and bad but no one knows anyway so why bother being critical when there is no context ? I'd be with you to call Dan a dick if i knew anything and saw that he was treating Phil like shit but we literally don't know ?

For the "why are they hiding it" i think they are not showing it because they simply don't care people want to know anymore and don't care about people's feelings and frustration on the matter because they don't owe anyone anything.
Keep in mind they aren't "your cousin and his bestfriend", they are dan and phil who have been shipped, speculated, scrutinated and observed for years. People have been obsessing over their relationship heavily and everyone pressured them to "just say it already" i think it's a normal reaction to just not want to give the people what they want.
They could be just friends, married, boyfriends, sex friends, in an open relationship, enemies and still play that game with people of not telling anyone, i think that's funny because they know exactly that people are speculating yet they won't say it anyway, they know people will still speculate even after they clarify it so why bother ? Nothing will stop because they say something. People know they are gay now so they jump to the next thing to speculate about and i think the same thing would happen if they said what they are, people would wonder if they broke up / cheated / fucked and ohter things. Maybe one day they will but probably not soon (as phil already said he doesn't have any desire to say anything on the matter at the moment)
I'm not an hypocrite, i want to know too but i'm not gonna complain because i understand what they are doing and if they want to annoy people by clickbaiting because everyone wants to know what's up then that's in their rights and i personnaly still enjoy phil's videos and dan last thing he did.
:bunny:

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

it wouldn't be that surprising if they happened to be in an open relationship. those aren't uncommon in the gay community, especially with couples that have been together for so many years.
dan and phil referring to other guys as attractive/wanting to fuck guys they find hot doesn't really bother me, because even in a monogamous relationship, that's a normal thing for a same sex couple to do. as long as there's no trust issues involved, it doesn't really make a difference.
i'd be way more warry of it if it was like tom daley and his husband lance. they've obviously been in an open relationship for years, but for obvious reasons don't want to make that public, but because of that, whenever tom hooked up with a guy, shit got leaked, and people immediately assumed they had either broken up or tom had cheated, only for them to give some half assed excuse every time about being on a break(this was pre-marriage).
i could definitely see people justifiably being annoyed at dan if they were out about being a couple and were in an open relationship but didn't disclose that, for obvious reasons, and then to see dan being sexual and flirty with guys on social media and such. pretty sure any time troye was seen flirting with guys on twitter or instagram the rumor mill would start, when him and jacob were still together. and with troye, it's even a bigger deal, since there's rumors he cheated on connor, and now there's even rumors he cheated on jacob and that it's why they're no longer together.
being in an open relationship when you're a public figure can seriously cause harm to your image, as people won't know that detail and just assume you're a cheater.
and let's also not forget how dan and phil have always been with telling the truth. always slightly distorting things to fit the narrative they wanted their audience to believe. how many stories have they told that were changed or had bits omitted because it'd reveal their sexuality? so obviously, if they don't want to be perceived as a couple and want the general public to only see them as friends, they're gonna keep playing up the whole "dan wanting hot dudes to slide into his dms" bit
The Internet knows all your secrets

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

Just finished watching

Its surprising how aware he his about lgbt issues and how well he expresses himself, like compared to the mental health stuff you can tell he has done his research and clearly cares a lot about what he's talking about. Ngl I was tearing up at a few parts myself

about dan and phil like I agree with you guys that it is totally up to them how they are going to present their relationship to their audience, but the way they do it is still very... weird. But then to be fair to them they are from the early 10s generation of youtubers who were still negotiating with what it meant to share your life on the internet and they have definitely had a very weird career which was very interlinked with their sexualities and I'd totally understand if they are still coming to terms with how much they want to share. Like i understand and empathise...but I also really want to know what's going on because I'm nosy lol. I also think the 'speculation is good for business' angle also has something weight in their decision to keep teasing their relationship like definitely not entirely but in part at least

fakehappy202
Stalker
Stalker

Post by fakehappy202 »

idk if this is an opinion i have alone but is it just me who thinks they've basically confirmed their relationship without necessarily confirming anything? like they have a self-titled forever home, and have lived together for over ten years plus planning to live together "forever". cornelia has called dan the uncle to her and martyn's child which i know people do for friends in the uk, im the auntie to my friend's kid, but with the knowledge dnp have a ridiculously private life, don't you think cornelia stating that dan is her child's uncle is a bit.. idk on the nose? it's kinda telling without saying anything more?

i just find it baffling that no one has ever seen either of them with another person on a "date" before. whenever they leave the house, it's together and no one has seen them with anyone else really since they've been in each other's lives. i'm not going to talk about how i think that perspective is a kind of unhealthy thing that phannies are romanticising but they do make sense when you think about it. the height of their fame you'd have seen people take pictures of either of them with another man for clout purposes and we got nothing like that, the most being when dan went for drinks with abigail thorn i think pre pandemic. i just think they're definitely going down the vibe of "we know you know, and you know we know you know but that's all" and i do actually respect them for that in a way. they obviously don't owe anyone a confirmation but as a dnp fan since 2011 now I've kind of just accepted we aren't going to get anything more than the casual comments of dan threatening to divorce phil as a joke, or them confirming they are planning to spend the rest of their live together in this self-built forever home. i actually like they are keeping something to themselves because they've shared a lot with us and idk if they ever do choose to share more, i think it'll be nice but i don't think it's necessary.

i had the same vibe before they came out. i just accepted that they'll never confirm their sexuality to us and i was okay with it for similar reasons that I've stated here so who knows if they'll ever confirm their relationship too? maybe they would when their fanbase has declined a little more and all the insane shippers have given up because they have nothing to fetishise anymore because they're giving us nothing? idk... bottom line, i don't really care about them confirming it, but dan's comment in basically im gay about how he enjoys the idea of him being able to fuck something up and not have to write a public statement about it, makes sense but do they REALLY think that if they broke up or moved out at this point in their live that no one would raise questions? hell phannies aside, casual fans would notice and ask questions. obviously, that doesn't mean they're entitled to an answer but people would still wonder what happened. i just think it's naive of them to assume it's not glaringly obvious at this point.

once again i do respect the privacy but if they truly think they haven't basically told us without telling us word on word, then they have no brain cells in their heads lmfao

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”