Lifestyle vlogger Tanya Burr-ly Working (Part 37)

palmer
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lifestyle vlogger Tanya Burr-ly Working (Part 37)

Post by palmer »

It's actually nuts how fast she deletes comments. She must be on her phone 24/7 looking out for them like a maniac. I expressed confusion at the fact she was on a press trip in NY only a week after she said she was longing to go "at some point this year" — got blocked in less than 10 mins (even though according to her stories she was supposedly busy making her own foundation at Clinique). Lol, obviously trying to hide something.

katetalks
Learner
Learner

Post by katetalks »

palmer wrote:It's actually nuts how fast she deletes comments. She must be on her phone 24/7 looking out for them like a maniac. I expressed confusion at the fact she was on a press trip in NY only a week after she said she was longing to go "at some point this year" — got blocked in less than 10 mins (even though according to her stories she was supposedly busy making her own foundation at Clinique). Lol, obviously trying to hide something.
That's strange. As far as I know you can make sure that comments containing special words that you can choose yourself will be hidden/deleted automatically.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

finneases
Informer
Informer

Post by finneases »

palmer wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:23 am
It's actually nuts how fast she deletes comments. She must be on her phone 24/7 looking out for them like a maniac. I expressed confusion at the fact she was on a press trip in NY only a week after she said she was longing to go "at some point this year" — got blocked in less than 10 mins (even though according to her stories she was supposedly busy making her own foundation at Clinique). Lol, obviously trying to hide something.
loool she's so desperate. in just a few months she will be getting zero comments if she blocks everyone who isn't praising her.
katetalks wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:26 am
That's strange. As far as I know you can make sure that comments containing special words that you can choose yourself will be hidden/deleted automatically.

Are you sure? I didn't know that is was on instagram, I thought it was on youtube. She didn't do it, because on some of her older posts you can ocasionally see a comment about her having an eating disorder, but she deletes them too, just not as quickly as comments under new posts.

She 100% sits all day and deletes comments, her PA probably does too.

katetalks
Learner
Learner

Post by katetalks »

finneases wrote:
palmer wrote:
loool she's so desperate. in just a few months she will be getting zero comments if she blocks everyone who isn't praising her.
katetalks wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:26 am

Are you sure? I didn't know that is was on instagram, I thought it was on youtube. She didn't do it, because on some of her older posts you can ocasionally see a comment about her having an eating disorder, but she deletes them too, just not as quickly as comments under new posts.

She 100% sits all day and deletes comments, her PA probably does too.
I just checked. You can hide some comments which contain any words you have preselected. Not sure if they get hidden immediately or stay up for a while.

poshbird
Informer
Informer

Post by poshbird »

palmer wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:37 am
poshbird wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:51 am
snuffy777 wrote:Yeah, sure Tan. :roll: It's not at all because you're a covetous creep who's stalking all the "It" influencers as they're taking on New York for fashion week right now. She hasn't even so much as mentioned NY in how long? Now out of nowhere she misses it so much. CREEP.
Could this be her fishing for someone/a brand to invite her to NYC with all expenses paid?
Evidently this was spot on
Innit! :o

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

jewelkitty wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:32 am
Someone on the other site said his new house is in Hackney but not sure if that's true.
Oh interesting. You can imagine him moving from stuffy old money Fulham to trendy hipster hackney post divorce , west to east, it would be a very predictable course of action.
I actually live in Hackney so will keep an eye out..still funny how people like him are moving here. I grew up in the borough and when I was a kid a black cab might refuse to go to hackney - how would Jim survive ?!
If it’s true, interesting how he mentioned it’s a Georgian house, because most houses here are Victorian but there is one quite famous row of Georgian mansions (though they aren’t the only ones, it just made me think of it).

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

palmer wrote:
Oh she's definitely constantly on her social media. Yesterday evening, @sammmyrobinson posted a Stories at the High Line during that Clinique lady's talk and as she panned around, Tanya's head was just glued down to her phone:

------------------

I know a lot of people say that Kate monitors the comments, but I never thought she did. Tanya's the type of person that cares what people think and say about her. I believe she even admitted once, like during Vlogmas, that she and Jim read all their mentions so she asked people not give away what she had bought him. And she's always Liking photos on Instagram that she's tagged in throughout the day. Tanya absolutely reads all of her comments and is the one to delete the "negative" ones.

palmer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by palmer »

snuffy777 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:00 am
palmer wrote:
Oh she's definitely constantly on her social media. Yesterday evening, @sammmyrobinson posted a Stories at the High Line during that Clinique lady's talk and as she panned around, Tanya's head was just glued down to her phone:

------------------

I know a lot of people say that Kate monitors the comments, but I never thought she did. Tanya's the type of person that cares what people think and say about her. I believe she even admitted once, like during Vlogmas, that she and Jim read all their mentions so she asked people not give away what she had bought him. And she's always Liking photos on Instagram that she's tagged in throughout the day. Tanya absolutely reads all of her comments and is the one to delete the "negative" ones.
Totally agree. It's clear she deleted my comment manually anyway because she also blocked me, which couldn't have been done automatically.

anotherone
Informer
Informer

Post by anotherone »

snuffy777 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:43 pm
I cannot --CANNOT-- wrap my head around that this is the same person. And. Just. Three. Years. Apart.

:shock: How is that even physically possible. And it's more than just the weight loss. It's those harsh, ungodly slug eyebrows that make her look ugly, plus, I really think getting Invasilgn ruined her mouth area as well. Even if she had crooked teeth before, she looked feminine and pretty. Now, she just has a very masculine look about her. ::shudders::
The bottom pic was from her cookbook launch party right? I remember when all those photos were posted here, i was thinking it was the best she's ever looked. Wow what a difference

ann260
Learner
Learner

Post by ann260 »

Tanya is 100% taking advantage of these companies. She goes on press trips for NARS and Clinique but then posts photos from the locations as if she's on holiday. Sure she's posting about Clinique in her Instastories but not on her actual feed. She says she wears Max Factor foundations and it's her favorite, then Nars is her favorite. I bet Clinique will be her favorite for awhile until she gets paid to promote something else. She's already said that she barely wears makeup anymore and she's not really into it, so all of this seems so fake. Also, did anyone else notice that she's been wearing the latest Influencer bag - the Louis Vuitton crossbody? It's all so obvious and cringeworthy. Like someone else said, I wonder how much longer she will be invited on these press trips since she has stopped vlogging and barely posts about them on Instagram.

palmer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by palmer »

It just pisses me off that she's so desperate to have everyone believe she's a proper actress now and completely rejects her status as an influencer/youtuber/vlogger/instagrammer (I'm sure y'all remember the whole Wikipedia debacle). Yet she's very happy to accept (or beg for) any offer to go on an all-expenses-paid influencer trip to promote makeup. She wants the best of both worlds. So hypocritical. Don't be mad when people don't take you seriously as an actress.
Last edited by palmer on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

First that Stories of random restaurant footage put to the song, New York, New York. Then those 'windy outtakes.' ???? I mean, I can see what she's trying to do, but she's completely devoid of personality or charm that her stuff just comes off as weird, awkward, confusing, and pointless. A sad, second-rate knock-off of the "It" influencers she's trying to be like.

I've said this before and I'll keep saying it: she should get down on her knees and thank her lucky stars every night that she joined YouTube when she did. There's no way she ever would've amassed any sort of an audience had she come into the scene later. I wonder if she ever thinks about that. :?

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

I'm sorry to keep beating a dead horse here, y'all, but WHAT THE ACTUAL F IS HER HAIR. >_< And this, after just getting a trim and freshen-up three or four days ago. Literally, at what point is she gonna be like, this blonde isn't working out for me, my hair doesn't look good or healthy, I need to go back to my original color?

Total Charlize Theron as Aileen Wuornos vibes:

:shock: :?

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Since she tagged her handbag, didn't she need to write in the caption that it was #gifted? How hard is it just to be a decent person and be transparent with your followers? :roll: She should definitely be reported. She was probably given those Mango sunglasses, too.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

anotherone wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:47 am
snuffy777 wrote:
I cannot --CANNOT-- wrap my head around that this is the same person. And. Just. Three. Years. Apart.

:shock: How is that even physically possible. And it's more than just the weight loss. It's those harsh, ungodly slug eyebrows that make her look ugly, plus, I really think getting Invasilgn ruined her mouth area as well. Even if she had crooked teeth before, she looked feminine and pretty. Now, she just has a very masculine look about her. ::shudders::
The bottom pic was from her cookbook launch party right? I remember when all those photos were posted here, i was thinking it was the best she's ever looked. Wow what a difference
It's funny because she actually looks more petite in the picture from when she carried more weight. She used to have delicate features whereas now she looks very coarse and hard, and, like you said, masculine. I can totally understand wanting to be "normal" after being the full-figured one all her life, but Tanya did herself zero favors with her weight loss looks wise.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

Dandelion wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:04 pm
anotherone wrote:
snuffy777 wrote:

It's funny because she actually looks more petite in the picture from when she carried more weight. She used to have delicate features whereas now she looks very coarse and hard, and, like you said, masculine. I can totally understand wanting to be "normal" after being the full-figured one all her life, but Tanya did herself zero favors with her weight loss looks wise.
She certainly wasn't the full figured one in the gleam group with Louise blobbing about. Although I guess next to Niomi and Zoe she might have felt insecure.

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

Cheesey wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:07 pm
Dandelion wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:04 pm
anotherone wrote:
snuffy777 wrote:

She certainly wasn't the full figured one in the gleam group with Louise blobbing about. Although I guess next to Niomi and Zoe she might have felt insecure.
She also wasn't the "full figured one all her life". She was pretty slender as a teen. In photos from old vlogs she's now deleted, of her friend group and when she started dating Jim, she looked to be a very normal and slender UK 10. Even in her very first videos (who remembers those Gossip Girl tutorials?) she looked thin. She wasn't full figured her whole life. Maybe chubby as a kid, and then later on she did carry more weight, but come on.

On a totally different topic, funny how now she's no longer pretending to be relatable but instead trying to act like she's an It Girl jetsetting across the world, she never ever gets anxiety anymore. Remember those vlogs about her getting an anxiety attack in a hotel in... I want to say Dubai? Or before a fligth to some beachy location? Huh, funny that. (I despise when people amp up or plain create a mental health issue for sympathy or whatevr).

palmer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by palmer »

snuffy777 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:52 pm
Since she tagged her handbag, didn't she need to write in the caption that it was #gifted? How hard is it just to be a decent person and be transparent with your followers? :roll: She should definitely be reported. She was probably given those Mango sunglasses, too.

I'm sure most of this outfit is gifted. I highly doubt she would shop at Bershka on her own initiative. That would be 'beneath' her. :roll:

Greatbritishgoboff
Talker
Talker

Post by Greatbritishgoboff »

palmer wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:44 pm
snuffy777 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:52 pm

I'm sure most of this outfit is gifted. I highly doubt she would shop at Bershka on her own initiative. That would be 'beneath' her. :roll:
Her outfits/pictures from this trip are so embarrassing... She's trying to be effortless and cool like others on the trip, eg. Sammy Robinson but it just comes across as awkward and casual. ESPECIALLY the Jurassic Park tshirt :roll:

balloondog
Learner
Learner

Post by balloondog »

i forget that tanya started all this is a makeup artist, and a pretty good one at that. i used to love her videos where she would do subscribers makeup and celebrity looks but i don’t recognise her at all anymore. she could have gone so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Tanya Burr”