Margot Lee

huha-hohi
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Margot Lee

Post by huha-hohi »

And FYI, I work in retail so am learning about body language - tone of voice, face mimics, gestures, body posture, where the tension is and if there is.. just look past the flattering face, she really pisses me off because she uses her looks and all this stuff she does seems useless to me like damn

huha-hohi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by huha-hohi »

And she does seem flustered in that video as well, like, problems within family? Or hasn’t been selling the product well enough in the past? seems a bit short tempered

huha-hohi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by huha-hohi »

Plus she seems very different when around her parents and when around her “friends”, just a tad bit more fake, showing a different persona, embarrassed about her real self like those people that are terrible with those closest to them and all sweet to those not related. I just don’t believe that she is the sweet girl she portrays on YouTube, we don’t need fake people. Sorry for so many posts at once.

gossiplover1998
Learner
Learner

Post by gossiplover1998 »

huha-hohi wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 am
Plus she seems very different when around her parents and when around her “friends”, just a tad bit more fake, showing a different persona, embarrassed about her real self like those people that are terrible with those closest to them and all sweet to those not related. I just don’t believe that she is the sweet girl she portrays on YouTube, we don’t need fake people. Sorry for so many posts at once.
sorry where is this video I want to see what you’re talking about.

huha-hohi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by huha-hohi »

gossiplover1998 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:50 am
huha-hohi wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 am
sorry where is this video I want to see what you’re talking about.

Start around 3:20

gossiplover1998
Learner
Learner

Its like she purposely tries to sound like a dumbass she talks so slow and just stares at herself while touching her hair the whole time she films. had to unsubscribe

huha-hohi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by huha-hohi »

Yeah I don’t know what her goal was, in the interviews she does, she’s like one of those who want to make the interviewee look a certain way, too much pushy to bring a certain.. “vibe”. she’s all about that.. “vibe”... :rofl: not actually engaged with the perso. Yuck

estella21
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by estella21 »

She posted an instagram story two days ago of a golf course in my town that I live very close to. The thing is, her home is in Connecticut, and I do not live in Connecticut. I know it was recent too, because I went for a walk and the trees look exactly the same. I don't understand why she'd be traveling right now and possibly exposing friends/family when she hasn't quarantined.

strawberryam0
Informer
Informer

Post by strawberryam0 »

she is SO obsessed with herself. this new thing she's doing in her videos where she zooms in to her face and acts all "cute" f*cking stop

Miamourxoxo
Learner
Learner

Post by Miamourxoxo »

Not sure what I think about the fact that she calls relatively small tasks like her tiktok posts “projects.” It just seems self-important. I do appreciate that she seems to be very thoughtful on what she wants her “brand” to be and how she’ll sustain a career on YouTube after she graduates.

spacecowboy__
Stalker
Stalker

Post by spacecowboy__ »

first time poster here, I have a question to ask about Margot that I just can't keep in anymore...
have we ever seen her drive (or driving)? I feel like in every vlog in which she needs to get somewhere she is either taking an uber, having her family/friends drive, or taking some other form of transportation. it's not a huge thing but I don't think I've ever seen her drive, which begs the question, does she have her license? I feel like she does...but I've never seen her in the driver's seat. has anyone else ever seen her drive in a video? maybe I'm missing something

lilswag
Learner
Learner

Post by lilswag »

spacecowboy__ wrote:first time poster here, I have a question to ask about Margot that I just can't keep in anymore...
have we ever seen her drive (or driving)? I feel like in every vlog in which she needs to get somewhere she is either taking an uber, having her family/friends drive, or taking some other form of transportation. it's not a huge thing but I don't think I've ever seen her drive, which begs the question, does she have her license? I feel like she does...but I've never seen her in the driver's seat. has anyone else ever seen her drive in a video? maybe I'm missing something
yeah i remember her vlogging in her car way back when

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danishgirl177
Learner
Learner

Post by danishgirl177 »

homegirl thinks cleaning & organizing her room is being a girlboss :/ i feel like her brand of being so effortlessly cool and girlboss-like is very contrived. it seems to me like she puts so much thought into what her brand should be that it comes off fake and weird. she acted like her internship with Julia was so amazing and interesting but she did nothing of substance. Also agree with people saying that she never shows her real personality in videos. And I wonder what her aspirations are? Does she think following Julia around will be her career for the rest of her life ? or does she want to be a PR / advertising person for Glossier or some beauty/fashion brand?

gossiplover1998
Learner
Learner

danishgirl177 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:07 am
homegirl thinks cleaning & organizing her room is being a girlboss :/ i feel like her brand of being so effortlessly cool and girlboss-like is very contrived. it seems to me like she puts so much thought into what her brand should be that it comes off fake and weird. she acted like her internship with Julia was so amazing and interesting but she did nothing of substance. Also agree with people saying that she never shows her real personality in videos. And I wonder what her aspirations are? Does she think following Julia around will be her career for the rest of her life ? or does she want to be a PR / advertising person for Glossier or some beauty/fashion brand?
I think it's smart of her to not overshare on Youtube but I also feel like it's made her growth slower compared to other influencers. I don't feel the same connection watching her videos that I do with other Youtubers. I feel like she has bigger goals outside of Youtube and wants to protect her brand and probably has more going on than we know.

ThatGirl__123
Learner
Learner

Post by ThatGirl__123 »

gossiplover1998 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:12 am
danishgirl177 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:07 am
I think it's smart of her to not overshare on Youtube but I also feel like it's made her growth slower compared to other influencers. I don't feel the same connection watching her videos that I do with other Youtubers. I feel like she has bigger goals outside of Youtube and wants to protect her brand and probably has more going on than we know.

My thoughts exactly! If she had shown more of "herself" she would probably become more attractive to her viewers but less attractive to potential recruiters.

And also - it's refreshing to follow someone who doesn't consider being an influencer their life goal.

Solcia345
Learner
Learner

Post by Solcia345 »

Looks like Margot spends too much time in vintage shops... her style is getting horrible

xxcocainemodel
Learner
Learner

Post by xxcocainemodel »

scx22 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:15 am
Not a fan of her. She is a wealthy white girl who thinks she’s some kind of intellectual because she can afford to travel with other wealthy white girls. She is a part of this whole brand of Youtubers who think they are a “girl boss” whenever they work out and clean their room in the same day. She also does tend to jump on the bandwagon quite a lot with different values & ideas which makes me believe she is not genuine about them. Oh and on top of all that, I cannot stand how she stares at her self/poses when she films!
I know this post is years old but I came here to say this. There's something about her that seems so disingenuous. She definitely has a "holier than thou" very subtle attitude/vibe. Idk I keep watching her videos when they come up in my recommended but can never get myself to subscribe

Return to “L-O”