Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma "Legal & Lonely" Chamberlain - Part 4

Post by SqueakLola »

Guest wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:59 pm
I think it’s about the LV looks. They got criticized for it. I think??? 🤔
Oh no, the way her stans are turning on her for simply being styled by a world famous fashion line is deplorable.
Natarinna <3
Limiko <3

pandry
Informer
Informer

Post by pandry »

How is her channel membership going?

MissForever11
Informer
Informer

Post by MissForever11 »

following

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

Guest wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:59 pm
I think it’s about the LV looks. They got criticized for it. I think??? 🤔
i do feel bad for her

ughloml
Informer
Informer

Post by ughloml »

I feel really bad for her, I mean I’m only 2 years older than her but I would be absolutely ruined by the reactions. I’d imagine she’s developed a thicker skin but still, she’s still a person. It’s especially bad since the main issue with her look, IMO, is the make up which she didn’t even do herself so was not in her control ??

crapbarbie07
Informer
Informer

Post by crapbarbie07 »

i havent really seen any of the hate towards her but it would suck if it had to do with the styling/makeup/hair because she literally does not control that haha

full_send
Debater
Debater

Post by full_send »

Awwww, dang, I missed out on name suggestions for the new thread. These would be:

Emma Chamberlain: Single But Dating Soul Cycle
Emma Chamberlain: Not Dating A Dolan Twin
Emma Chamberlain: Louis Vuitton's Favorite Urban Oufitters Model
Emma Chamberlain: This Burp's For You
Emma Chamberlain: On Armpit Rashes and How To Fold Toilet Paper
Emma Chamberlain: Podcast Scientist and Sometimes YouTuber
Emma Chamberlain: In A Trinity, Not Always Holy
Emma Chamberlain: Three Friend Groups Of Three, Three Times Per Year
Emma Chamberlain: Stanning Emma For Clear Skin
Emma Chamberlain: LA Has Made Me Boring

See, I support Emma but can poke fun at her away from her socials.

yellowbowl
Talker
Talker

Post by yellowbowl »

Did she delete her instagram?

yellowbowl
Talker
Talker

Post by yellowbowl »

oh whew! It came back up when I searched. I was worried lbs.

full_send
Debater
Debater

Post by full_send »

We in the Twitter stan accounts trended #love4chambie as the LV pics were posted and the hate train rolled in the other night. And Ryan Abe tweeting not to hate Emma and Bryant re-tweeting Ryan's tweets and adding that "Emma is the nicest person ever and the most unproblematic." Bryant has probably had 10 photoshoots with Emma, been to Fiji where they shared a room, the desert, beaches, all over LA, you can see the genuine affection they have for each other. Yes, Emma has been Bryant's most liked IG posts in the past year, but virtually everyone who has met Emma, "influencers" and fans, state what a kind person she is. So Bryant's words about her are valid, and echo what her fans pretty much think of her.

I stan Emma on her socials but she brings some of this upon herself. Women (and gay men) judge each other mercilessly for the most petty pointless visual details and there is no getting around it, and Emma should have learned by now that smiling, keeping her mouth closed, making sure her hair is brushed etc. is the difference between praise from fans and silence from haters and hate from haters and defensiveness from her fanbase. As with the hygiene jokes, she just keeps making them long after the hate videos started attacking her about the topic. Having the most Liked photo on the LV official page is not helpful if half the comments are that she looks stoned. I really wonder how the LV managers of their shoots and socials just can't be a little smarter about how to let Emma be just the right amount of "quirky" without crossing over into being so easily clowned upon.

Below is a post from her IG Story today. As if she needed another image for the haters to declare she is on drugs or high or whatever:

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

About her weight, I feel like she probably has some GI issues. She talks about having diarrhea so often it's not normal (unless it's from all that coffee on empty stomach).

gimmethetea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gimmethetea »

she does get a lot of weird unfounded hate, i think that's why i will always have a soft spot for emma. i started watching her videos around this time last year and i was obsessed (imagine a 25 year old sitting in their room watching a 17 year olds videos hahahahaha) i even bought a nespresso because of her, so she does have a lot influence even on a mid-20s girl like me ( i do highly recommend getting a nespresso if you're super into coffee lol i love mine). that's impressive.
she's getting a lot, and i mean A LOT of hate lately over stupid stuff too. i guess that's something to be expected since she's blown up, but still, for people to be shitting on you for something as dumb as how you're styled at a LV event is bananas.

what i DO wish is for her to put more effort into her videos again. they always seem a little rushed and super poorly planned now, like "whoops, been a week, gotta post something now, uuuuhhhh here's 10 minutes of me complaining about shitting and going to soul cycle." i get changing your content as you get older but this stuff she's posting lately isn't content, it's a quota.

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

I agree with Ryan about muting her and leaving her alone if all people are gonna do is talk shit. I’m sure she knows by now her makeup didn’t look the best.((whether she believes that or not)) she doesn’t need to read it another thousands of times on her comments and going out of your way in @ing her. Thank god for GG though lol

But my issue with her is how is she a proclaimed vegetarian yet she is supporting such a trash brand that uses real fur, leather etc.. i can see how big of an opportunity it is to be sponsored by such a big designer brand, but In my eyes it seems like she’s selling out and throwing away her morals for money. It just makes me lose respect for her. I’m not even a vegan or vegetarian but i love ppl who stick to their guns about stuff like this. Orrr unless she becomes a meat eater. at least she won’t be a hypocrite....

Ugh i hate using the she’s young and dumb card but i’m just going to tell myself that. Who knows maybe she feels pressured into accepting any and every opportunity. I really hope she doesn’t lose herself with fame and money and just completely goes out of control as she gets older. I know i sound dramatic but shit happens. When she grows up i hope she becomes an activist and gives back.Its really cool to see famous people using their money in good ways.

SqueakLola
Informer
Informer

Post by SqueakLola »

vaguelyviolet wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:40 pm
I agree with Ryan about muting her and leaving her alone if all people are gonna do is talk shit. I’m sure she knows by now her makeup didn’t look the best.((whether she believes that or not)) she doesn’t need to read it another thousands of times on her comments and going out of your way in @ing her. Thank god for GG though lol

But my issue with her is how is she a proclaimed vegetarian yet she is supporting such a trash brand that uses real fur, leather etc.. i can see how big of an opportunity it is to be sponsored by such a big designer brand, but In my eyes it seems like she’s selling out and throwing away her morals for money. It just makes me lose respect for her. I’m not even a vegan or vegetarian but i love ppl who stick to their guns about stuff like this. Orrr unless she becomes a meat eater. at least she won’t be a hypocrite....

Ugh i hate using the she’s young and dumb card but i’m just going to tell myself that. Who knows maybe she feels pressured into accepting any and every opportunity. I really hope she doesn’t lose herself with fame and money and just completely goes out of control as she gets older. I know i sound dramatic but shit happens. When she grows up i hope she becomes an activist and gives back.Its really cool to see famous people using their money in good ways.
I am not a vegan or vegetarian and I can understand hate from that crowd. Supporting a brand that creates fashion from fur and leather would put a bad taste in the mouths of vegans and vegetarians, so I get it. What I don't get is the hate from meat eaters hating on her for being styled by LV.
Natarinna <3
Limiko <3

cherchezlegarcon
Learner
Learner

Post by cherchezlegarcon »

Mood
Screenshot_20190630-215236_YouTube.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I never said, 'I want to be alone.' I only said, 'I want to be left alone.' There is all the difference." - Greta Garbo

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

f <3

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

SqueakLola wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:52 pm
vaguelyviolet wrote:

I am not a vegan or vegetarian and I can understand hate from that crowd. Supporting a brand that creates fashion from fur and leather would put a bad taste in the mouths of vegans and vegetarians, so I get it. What I don't get is the hate from meat eaters hating on her for being styled by LV.
People are directing their anger towards the wrong thing but i’m sure half of these people don’t even know she’s vegetarian and are hating her over something so fkn dumb that they should use that energy towards something that’s more productive.

I think it’s a mixture of young kids continuing the hate train. And for the rest are most likely jealous. They probably aren’t into fashion like that and are just hating from outside the club lol

gimmethetea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gimmethetea »

SqueakLola wrote:
vaguelyviolet wrote:

the thing is tho, i don't think Emma is a vegetarian because she wants to save the animals or whatever, she's even made fun of peta.
I was a vegetarian for like 8 years and it wasn't because i cared about animals (as shitty as that sounds), i just didn't like meat that much.i now eat meat but it's still not my favorite thing. i still had leather purses and shoes when i was vegetarian, and still do.

i think emma is the same. plus wasn't she raised as a vegetarian?? from my standpoint i don't really see it as hypocritical, i don't recall her ever saying that she was a vegetarian because "the animals", just because that's how she was raised.

now if she was all "FEED TWO BIRDS WITH ONE SCONE, NOT KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE", yea i'd think she was a hypocrite, but she's not an animal activist, claims to be or even gave off that impression so i don't really think it's fair to shit on her for working with LV for this particular reason. people can be vegetarians for other reasons besides animal rights; they can be for environmental, economical, religious reasons, or just because they simply don't really like meat

wow lol not to defend Emma, but i'm defending Emma. hahahahahaha

SqueakLola
Informer
Informer

Post by SqueakLola »

gimmethetea wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:35 pm
SqueakLola wrote:
vaguelyviolet wrote:

the thing is tho, i don't think Emma is a vegetarian because she wants to save the animals or whatever, she's even made fun of peta.
I was a vegetarian for like 8 years and it wasn't because i cared about animals (as shitty as that sounds), i just didn't like meat that much.i now eat meat but it's still not my favorite thing. i still had leather purses and shoes when i was vegetarian, and still do.

i think emma is the same. plus wasn't she raised as a vegetarian?? from my standpoint i don't really see it as hypocritical, i don't recall her ever saying that she was a vegetarian because "the animals", just because that's how she was raised.

now if she was all "FEED TWO BIRDS WITH ONE SCONE, NOT KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE", yea i'd think she was a hypocrite, but she's not an animal activist, claims to be or even gave off that impression so i don't really think it's fair to shit on her for working with LV for this particular reason. people can be vegetarians for other reasons besides animal rights; they can be for environmental, economical, religious reasons, or just because they simply don't really like meat

I never thought Emma was part of the 'save the animals crowd', she was a this is how was was raised as a vegetarian crowd. Then, hey being vegan is cool because well, LA! Vegans can be a scary crowd though.
Natarinna <3
Limiko <3

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

gimmethetea wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:35 pm
SqueakLola wrote:
vaguelyviolet wrote:

Peta has a bad rep and warrants the shit talking lol So i’m sure emma is aware of that.

Anyways i really thought that was still part of her upbringing not bc it was just how she was raised and they just did it to avoid eating meat and eating clean only, but maybe her parents also informed her about animal cruelty and the environment. I just assumed she wasn’t trying to be preachy and just stated her vegetarianism on her channel and moved on.

I watch her very casually so i don’t know if there’s other examples or not but She quickly talked about saving the turtles and there was vlog a long time ago where she saw a bunny eating trash or something i can’t remember and i think she was picking the trash up and she told her dad and the next day he took the time to clean up the trash for the bunnies. The fact that her dad did that just shows how much he cares about animals and so does she. And i assumed maybe it’s not just a lifestyle and it’s more than that. I know that example seemed like something so small but i feel like a regular person wouldn’t noticed or bothered to do something about it.

Which is why i said right after shes young and dumb and is straying away from her beliefs.
But i stand corrected if her vegetarianism isn’t about the cruelty of animals.

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”