Booktubers part 5

Annaj001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Booktubers part 5

Post by Annaj001 »

Ballstothewall21 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:53 pm
I’m really starting to dislike Olivia from oliviareadsalatte I used to find her funny but now she’s too damn annoying. Her self aware jokes were funny a bit but now she over does it. She’s truly cringe. Ugh and her being thirsty telling publishers to send her books is so awkward! Especially on twitter it’s 🤮
I AGREEEEE! I don’t know if it’s because she is younger than me but her dumb voices and peace signs and “your girl” phrases are so stupid and annoying.

Edit: I also find her to be quite ... for lack of a better word... dumb. She doesn’t seem to know a lot of words.

MsAnthropy
Learner
Learner

Post by MsAnthropy »

So I saw about an hour ago in Instagram that Zoe/Hannah/Hailey are ending the Bookmarked group and figured it was just from their individual schedules getting busier, but now it looks like Hailey is throwing shade on Twitter? (Color me shocked /eyeroll).

https://twitter.com/hailsinbookland/sta ... 35072?s=20

My gut says that it's at Hannah and not Zoe, although I suppose it could be either.

JamHands9
Informer
Informer

Post by JamHands9 »

MsAnthropy wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:52 pm
So I saw about an hour ago in Instagram that Zoe/Hannah/Hailey are ending the Bookmarked group and figured it was just from their individual schedules getting busier, but now it looks like Hailey is throwing shade on Twitter? (Color me shocked /eyeroll).

My gut says that it's at Hannah and not Zoe, although I suppose it could be either.
A few people also think it’s shady too apparently in the thread. Either she was throwing shade or she worded her tweet poorly.

Ballstothewall21
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ballstothewall21 »

JamHands9 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:13 am
MsAnthropy wrote:

A few people also think it’s shady too apparently in the thread. Either she was throwing shade or she worded her tweet poorly.
She’s clearing it up now that it wasn’t meant to be shady and I did not take it as any shade when I initially read it BUT
I don’t agree with how Hailey openly admitted to twitter that 2 out of the 3 were doing most of the work I guess you can say. That right there is 1) exposing that someone is going through personal business they obviously didn’t want out there and honestly quite embarrassing and 2) the wording is obviously open to interpretation especially on book twitter where everyone claims they aren’t there for the drama but be looking into everything too deep to find tea.
I find Hailey to be on the arrogant side anyways so I just think her wording was wrong but put in a way that also made sure ppl knew it wasn’t her doing.

super_smize
Learner
Learner

Post by super_smize »

Leonhardts wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:20 pm
I am definitely over everyone talking about Queen of Nothing.
I'm definitely over everyone being like "Is it the best book? No. Are the characters well developed? No. Is the plot lacking and rushed? Yes. But . . . 5 stars."

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

Ballstothewall21 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:17 am
JamHands9 wrote:
MsAnthropy wrote:

She’s clearing it up now that it wasn’t meant to be shady and I did not take it as any shade when I initially read it BUT
I don’t agree with how Hailey openly admitted to twitter that 2 out of the 3 were doing most of the work I guess you can say. That right there is 1) exposing that someone is going through personal business they obviously didn’t want out there and honestly quite embarrassing and 2) the wording is obviously open to interpretation especially on book twitter where everyone claims they aren’t there for the drama but be looking into everything too deep to find tea.
I find Hailey to be on the arrogant side anyways so I just think her wording was wrong but put in a way that also made sure ppl knew it wasn’t her doing.
I think it's shady, she could've just said she was sad to stop doing the project without saying that it was because one of them was at fault. I used to like Hailey but now she seems kinda rude and like "I wrote a book so I'm amazing". I think that she wrote "one of us is unwell" is shitty because she's already said is not her, and if it's one of the other two then it should be THEIR decition to even hint that it exists. Idk, I think that the message in general without pointing fingers was good enough on its own.

fennecreads
Talker
Talker

Post by fennecreads »

laurasommeils wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:19 am
Ballstothewall21 wrote:
JamHands9 wrote:
MsAnthropy wrote:

I think it's shady, she could've just said she was sad to stop doing the project without saying that it was because one of them was at fault. I used to like Hailey but now she seems kinda rude and like "I wrote a book so I'm amazing". I think that she wrote "one of us is unwell" is shitty because she's already said is not her, and if it's one of the other two then it should be THEIR decition to even hint that it exists. Idk, I think that the message in general without pointing fingers was good enough on its own.
I've always gotten the impression that Bookmark'd was Zoe's baby and that Hannah and Hailey aren't that close. But that being said maybe Hailey's the only one whose been able to constantly commit to the project? Zoe and Hannah both talked about their mental health this year.

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

fennecreads wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:51 am
laurasommeils wrote:
Ballstothewall21 wrote:
JamHands9 wrote:
MsAnthropy wrote:

I've always gotten the impression that Bookmark'd was Zoe's baby and that Hannah and Hailey aren't that close. But that being said maybe Hailey's the only one whose been able to constantly commit to the project? Zoe and Hannah both talked about their mental health this year.
Hailey quit her job and from what I've seen in her vlogs only edits her book and hangs out at her boyfriend's house and took up cooking, so I can understand her having the time. I just think it was unnecessary to clarify that somebody was going through something, with saying that it was something you enjoyed doing and will miss it I think it's enough, and that it was the right of the person going through the thing to mention it or not.

xxloloxx
Learner
Learner

Post by xxloloxx »

laurasommeils wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:41 am
fennecreads wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:51 am
laurasommeils wrote:
Ballstothewall21 wrote:
JamHands9 wrote:

Hailey quit her job and from what I've seen in her vlogs only edits her book and hangs out at her boyfriend's house and took up cooking, so I can understand her having the time. I just think it was unnecessary to clarify that somebody was going through something, with saying that it was something you enjoyed doing and will miss it I think it's enough, and that it was the right of the person going through the thing to mention it or not.
I don't think it was intended as shady I'm pretty sure everyone knew it stopped due to Hannah not being involved and has pretty much disappeared (I'm guessing she relapsed from her ED) which in all fairness is understandable but probably shouldn't have started a project she knew she couldn't commit to.

Ballstothewall21
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ballstothewall21 »

This person said nothing but the truth!! And she mentioned it on twitter too just like they said lmao
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

I don't think it was shady but i think that hailey knew what she was saying and how people would react. Hannah has been MIA for a long time, and i hope she is doing well. Zoe is struggling with mental health but she has been more active. I wonder if they are still friends or if they fall out :? also why did hannah quit her job? her videos are really boring to me so i don't keep up with her

JamHands9
Informer
Informer

Post by JamHands9 »

LaurieShelby wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:56 am
I don't think it was shady but i think that hailey knew what she was saying and how people would react. Hannah has been MIA for a long time, and i hope she is doing well. Zoe is struggling with mental health but she has been more active. I wonder if they are still friends or if they fall out :? also why did hannah quit her job? her videos are really boring to me so i don't keep up with her
She quit her job to focus on her book edits for a book that hasn’t been bought yet.
I don’t understand how she sooo busy that she gets overwhelmed especially since she quit her job. She’s not reading that much. She wasn’t recording much up until vlogmas

iimmonet
Learner
Learner

Post by iimmonet »

Oliviareadsalatte is starting to annoy the crap out of me. I literally love her vlogs sm, but I’m finding myself skipping most of the video because she spends soooo long talking about book twitter drama or something dealing with book twitter. Like no one cares about your book twitter issues, zero people

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

LaurieShelby wrote:
I don't watch Hannah or Zoe's channel or even that bookmarke'd project, but I did hear about Hannah's problems, I just think the first message in general was enough and that saying she wasn't the one who wanted it to end was unnecesary. Hailey quit her job as a bookseller to focus in her book, which I respect but can't completely understand because idk if in Canada is different, but in my country finding a job is SUPER hard. And from what I understand she's only editing the book and doesn't have a book deal? and in her vlogs she says she doesn't have enough time and is busy but from what she says she does it's only editing, hanging out at her boyfriends house and editing at his boyfriend's house, going shopping for Christmass stuff and now she's into cooking. And I'm not judging her, if she's happy, kudos to her, I just don't understand the "busy" part, but everybody has something going in their lives we don't know nothing about and we don't need to know so *shrug emoji*

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

JamHands9 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:39 am
LaurieShelby wrote:
She quit her job to focus on her book edits for a book that hasn’t been bought yet.
I don’t understand how she sooo busy that she gets overwhelmed especially since she quit her job. She’s not reading that much. She wasn’t recording much up until vlogmas
I watched one of Hailey's recent vlogs and she mentioned her boyfriend 10 times. I get she is happy she has a boyfriend and I'm happy for her, but I think besides her editing, her whole life is now living with him.

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:48 am
JamHands9 wrote:
LaurieShelby wrote:
I watched one of Hailey's recent vlogs and she mentioned her boyfriend 10 times. I get she is happy she has a boyfriend and I'm happy for her, but I think besides her editing, her whole life is now living with him.
I don't really mind that much because I remember her "jokes" about being alone and all that so I'm happy she found someone she's happy with, and a lot of my friends kind of are like that, even more when it's been little time since they started dating. What would annoy the fuck out of me, but I guess it's allright and he's ok with it and they're both happy about it, so now I'm just talking about myself, is my partner bringing all that Christmass stuff that is just clutter to my house. I'm not a minimalist person but I don't think all those pillows, mugs and so on are necessary, and I don't see the point in buying so much decoration that will occupy so much storage space when you have to put it away. I mean, a few decorations for the tree I'm ok with but the rest I wouldn't be extatic to see in my house.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

Thank you guys! I’m surprised that hailey quit her job bc she said on Twitter that she is moving out from her parents house next year and I guess where she lives might be expensive but I don’t know,. Is YouTube enough for her to pay for everything? Is she looking for another job?
Also idk if you talked about this but a few months ago bookswithchloe and mr commonspence said that they were taking a break from their book club and they will come back but I noticed they never did and now they barely interact or mention each other. It seems like Chloe is now BFF with irish reader but she never mentions Spencer and neither does he, I wonder if something happened

JamHands9
Informer
Informer

Post by JamHands9 »

laurasommeils wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:58 pm
oh_do_tell wrote:
JamHands9 wrote:
LaurieShelby wrote:
I don't really mind that much because I remember her "jokes" about being alone and all that so I'm happy she found someone she's happy with, and a lot of my friends kind of are like that, even more when it's been little time since they started dating. What would annoy the fuck out of me, but I guess it's allright and he's ok with it and they're both happy about it, so now I'm just talking about myself, is my partner bringing all that Christmass stuff that is just clutter to my house. I'm not a minimalist person but I don't think all those pillows, mugs and so on are necessary, and I don't see the point in buying so much decoration that will occupy so much storage space when you have to put it away. I mean, a few decorations for the tree I'm ok with but the rest I wouldn't be extatic to see in my house.
Plus she’s buying it all for her boyfriend’s house. I don’t think they have been together very long, so it seems kinda weird to me.

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

JamHands9 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:57 pm
laurasommeils wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:58 pm
oh_do_tell wrote:
JamHands9 wrote:
LaurieShelby wrote:
Plus she’s buying it all for her boyfriend’s house. I don’t think they have been together very long, so it seems kinda weird to me.
It would annoy me if I were him, but since it seems they're happy with it, because I don't think she would keep buying more and more if he didn't give her the ok to do so, I don't really mind. But yeah, it would weird to me, but sometimes people move in relationships really fast and she seems to be spending a lot of time at his place so in a way it also could be her trying to make it feel more homely for herself and as a gesture for him. But I don't really care, to each their own, it just would drive me nuts if somebody suddenly started putting all that clutter at my house, but if they're both enjoying it, it's ok. I just don't understand spending so much money in decorations you'll just put away, like that time she bought like seven glass pumpkins to decorate for Halloween. Idk, if I buy something to decorate I rather it'll be something practical I can use all year or at least doesn't occupy much space.
Also, I'm not from USA or Canada and actually Christmass is during summer in my country, but I've NEVER understood the "let's chop a tree every year for it to die so we can decorate it and put it in our living room". I

BasicBooktuber1
Talker
Talker

Post by BasicBooktuber1 »

Youreinit wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:40 pm
Now, what I do care about is crappy editing, especially in reading vlogs. When someone says, "Omg this clip is so long, I'm so sorry y'all, I ramble, this is so embarrassing, I should go now," I immediately roll my eyes. That's the whole point of editing. It isn't just combining all the clips you filmed into one long video. Cut the useless, repetitive, rambly crap. Just because you record it doesn't mean you have to include it. There's a reason David Dobrik's vlog style is so successful - his editing is succinct. How many vlogs have you sat through where the booktuber says something like "okay, well, I'm going to go to work now and will read on my lunch break and update you later" then the very next clip is them saying "just popping in to update you, so I went to work read on my lunch break"... At least one of those clips should be cut. I really like reading vlogs, but some folks seriously need to improve their editing skills and learn what could/should be cut to produce a higher quality video. It's not just about learning the editing software.
Hard agree with you on this point. I don't think enough people realize that vlogging is a craft. I really appreciate booktubers who are good at vlogs. I don't watch weekly reading vlogs cause I don't see the point if I'm going to watch your monthly wrap up but I do love themed reading vlogs for read-a-thons or challenges and the like. The best vloggers create a good follow through from the beginning of the vlog till the end. A good example of this is Katytastic's writing vlogs, she sets up a goal she wants to meet at the end of the video so I have a reason to keep watching all the way through.

also no vlog ever needs to be 45 minutes long. Unless your Booksandlala or Readbyzoe get that shit down to 20 minutes or less especially if you're daily vlogging.

Return to “BookTube”