Elle Florence - Deserting Mommy Dearest and Vancouver Club for Father Figure and Gator Pubs (Part 6)

thecatlass
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Florence - Deserting Mommy Dearest and Vancouver Club for Father Figure and Gator Pubs (Part 6)

Post by thecatlass »

I think it would be hilarious if big boy Rick who spends days rehearsing difficult words and Princess Smelle lived in Florida with Rick's mom 😂😂😂 We were mocking Smelle's last Vancouver dark apartment (the compromise between wanting to stay in a central area but at the same time not having two incomes that can warrant a spacious flat with a view) but compared to that yellow cube she's now living in, it was like heaven and hell. I wonder how she, the connoisseur of all things luxurious, can convince herself that's the life she wants. Are her maternity hormones raging so hard she's going to marry this mansplaining, greasy-haired, pompous, billowy linen-clad 'professor'? Gosh, using a sperm bank in Canada would have worked out better for her. 🙄 Also, I cringe so hard when the guy introduces himself as 'professor Rick miller' in that YouTube video on his channel. I've noticed that the lower one's self-esteem, the more they will try to convince others of their self importance. I know several very accomplished people, either in academia or business, and what they all share is humbleness and curiosity about the world. These two, Smelle and dicky, definitely don't possess any of those qualities.

Re: Elle Florence - Deserting Mommy Dearest and Vancouver Club for Father Figure and Gator Pubs (Part 6)

Post by Guest »

A face only a mother could love.

Open mouth 🙄😜
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thecatlass
Learner
Learner

Post by thecatlass »

🤮

I can't help thinking he has a bad breath and his old t-shirts smell of sweat that is never going to wash off.

Post by Guest »

I think she is in for one hell of a culture shock. Nobody in middle of nowhere FL is going to care that she’s from Vancouver let alone be impressed with the fact she lived in Yaletown. Or that she’s studied abroad, or that her family is from Europe. Where I live in the Midwest practically everyone I’ve met is some sort of professional. I don’t mean this to discredit anyone at all but half the neighbors on my street are doctors and lawyers, and I’ve never once heard any of them say they’re off to their doctorly or lawyerly jobs. And the younger ones do not drive flashy cars or brag about brand names at all.
As far as babies, say goodbye to your year of maternity leave in Canada and hello to 6 weeks. Not to mention get used to copays and networks for health insurance too. Can’t wait to see how this dumpster fire plays out!

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

It IS really funny that people who liberally use the title "professor" are usually not professors (like that youtuber "chicprofessor", who is another permanent adjunct). Tenured folks fully understand that "professor" implies a full professorship and tend to save it for people who have worked hard to earn it.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

adel220 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:29 am

Open mouth 🙄😜
On Insta (or maybe YouTube) some of her fans said he looked like Tom Ellis (he's been on Miranda, Lucifer etc) and that made me laugh, Tom Ellis is like 6'3" and actually handsome. And seems to be a nice personable guy Rick is soo far from that (though they are about the same age I think)

Post by Guest »

drasticactions wrote:
adel220 wrote:

Open mouth 🙄😜
On Insta (or maybe YouTube) some of her fans said he looked like Tom Ellis (he's been on Miranda, Lucifer etc) and that made me laugh, Tom Ellis is like 6'3" and actually handsome. And seems to be a nice personable guy Rick is soo far from that (though they are about the same age I think)
I had to look that guy up. I don’t know what they’re smoking ‘cause that guy is actually HOT and has silver fox potential. Rick looks haggard for 40 and is not aging well... :?

april
Lurker
Lurker

Post by april »

drasticactions wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:47 am
gl00tes_that_smash wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:08 am
Why did Rick move from Ohio, I'm guessing, to FL?
Probably bc he's not licensed to practice law in ohio, not sure if the bar is easier in FL or what?
I think he was in Florida before doing a year teaching in Ohio. Now back with his mom in Florida while he looks for another job? Doesn't seem like he has his shit together for an educated guy in his 40s. In any case, I don't think either of them are currently working. At least not in middle of nowhere suburban Florida 😆

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

Wondering why Elle is not making “shopping for my wedding dress” videos like Chase Amie did and other shopping addicts vloggers.

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

We need to start thinking of a good name for the next thread...

AnastasiaBeavrhausen
Talker
Talker

Elle Florence - Deserting Mommy Dearest and Vancouver Club for Father Figure and Gator Pubs (Part 6)

Post by AnastasiaBeavrhausen »

To me, Rick looks like a dirty and broke Brody Jenner. Maybe Brody’s less attractive douchebag cousin.

I really hope their plan isn’t to do YouTube full time. He’s already shown that he likes the social media exposure (unlike the previous men in Elle’s life) and she’s pumping out these idiot videos despite all these “big changes.” I wonder if that’s their plan... daily vlogging.

And yes, only instructors without PhDs or otherwise appropriate credentials to be tenure-track in higher ed introduce themselves as “Professor.” A guy who never graduated from my program (failed out at dissertation) calls himself that. He’s a total moron, and he teaches one or two classes at a really shitty school. And he looooves being called “Professor.” Ugh. (Edit: at some schools, “Professor” is a tenure-track faculty member and “Dr” is an adjunct or lecturer. However, they don’t introduce themselves that way. Not to the general public.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

Guest wrote:
drasticactions wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:28 pm
adel220 wrote:

Open mouth 🙄😜
How dare they compare Rick the Dick with Lucifer. He's actually attractive and charismatic on the show AND has abs! Rick probably does outdoor parkour because he can't afford a gym and justifies not needing one because he lives a swift life. Also, Rick has no lips.

I wish we saved Elle's breakup video.
If we can find the url of the breakup video, we can try to retrieve it with Wayback Machine.

TheArtsy1
Learner
Learner

Post by TheArtsy1 »

I don’t know Rick’s full name or where he taught. If someone does, see if he’s on Rate My Professor.

Then share the results, please :)

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

adel220 wrote:

Open mouth 🙄😜
Ugh, why are his facial expressions so creepy?!?

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

poshspice88 wrote: Condescending much? How are her viewers supposed to know what’s happening when she doesn’t share anything and they’re left to make assumptions and ask questions. Not a very nice response to the subbie who was respectfully asking for a life update in her most recent video today and she got this response:
I'm guessing that Dicky reads here and he got his ego bruised because we are saying he can't afford to furnish "their home." :rofl:

Post by Guest »

Cccdelete23000 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:23 pm
adel220 wrote:

Open mouth 🙄😜
Ugh, why are his facial expressions so creepy?!?
It’s his beady little eyes. :lol: :rofl: He also can’t seem to keep his mouth closed, both literally and figuratively. :P

He has skin damage so he looks much older than Elle. I like older men and I’ve seen some really hot 40-45 year olds, but he’s not hot at all. I am usually not picky with how people look, esp if they cannot help it, but given that he was such a condescending, lying asshat on here, he’s fair game now.

BrainyBrunette
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrainyBrunette »

poshspice88 wrote: Condescending much? How are her viewers supposed to know what’s happening when she doesn’t share anything and they’re left to make assumptions and ask questions. Not a very nice response to the subbie who was respectfully asking for a life update in her most recent video today and she got this response:
This was actually a response to the comment I left on her video.

Hi everyone! I used to be a lurker but finally signed up and thought I would comment. I used to be a big fan of Elle's. That changed for me when I one time left a comment saying I loved her haul, but wish she would incorporate more affordable items into her outfit ideas, and maybe even do "bargain" versions of her favorite outfits. She left me a really snotty reply back and I was really taken aback by how rude she was, given that I, up until that point, had been a pretty loyal subscriber. I don't really think she cares about her subscribers, past the point of using them as a means to an end for sponsorships and views. After her rude comment to me, I started noticing that less than stellar comments tend to disappear quickly. I'm not against YouTubers moderating comments, particularly if people are very nasty, but Elle deletes comments that have any form of criticism - even if it's constructive and well intentioned. That's shady AF.

This whole situation with Rick has me very worried for her. Time and time again she jumps into relationships and she doesn't give herself any down time. I know this is contrary to many people here, but I actually really liked Joe. He was geeky and funny, and I respected that he didn't want the camera thrust in his face. Rick is a huge downgrade from Joe. I felt really bad for Elle regarding the break up with Joe, but last any respect I had left for her when she started dating "Special Someone" (again, because SS was DEFINITELY not Rick), and now I just pity her. I am sad that she doesn't have anyone in her life (that we can tell) that's advising her to slow down and take time to recover from not one, but 2 breakups within the last calendar year. And now she's engaged?! When you type that out, it's absolutely insane.

I was surprised my comment wasn't deleted, to be honest. Another subscriber commented defending the prerecorded videos. I have no problem with prerecorded videos, but I do have a problem with YT's who don't communicate and don't care that their subscribers are confused.

Post by Guest »

I just remembered, she never did a review for that vintage Chanel camera bag that she brought on a Florida trip. Instead of doing these shitty voiceovers and thredup ads, why not do a video review on this bag? I was actually curious about it, even though I know most ladies have mixed feelings on vintage pieces.

Elle, do that! 😜

Champagne4Breakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Champagne4Breakfast »

TheArtsy1 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:23 pm
I don’t know Rick’s full name or where he taught. If someone does, see if he’s on Rate My Professor.

Then share the results, please :)
His name is super easy to find. She tags him in photos on her IG.

flower790
Talker
Talker

Post by flower790 »

Elle, why would you post the video about the restaurants . Her channel will suffer if she continued to be an hypocrite towards her subs, she will loose more viewers. You could have done a 1 min videos saying that you are moving in the states, getting married and won’t post for 1-2 months while you get settled and show us your fake happiness. You could have disabled the comments of your small update if you are too fragile to handle questions. You are disappointing me

Return to “Elle Florence”