Elle Florence - Deserting Mommy Dearest and Vancouver Club for Father Figure and Gator Pubs (Part 6)

Re: Elle Florence - Deserting Mommy Dearest and Vancouver Club for Father Figure and Gator Pubs (Part 6)

Post by Guest »

According to Zillow the house was sold in November 2018 for $208,000. When I google the address it lists his mother and her husband as the residents of the home. It could be that he bought it but didn’t occupy the house until he left his job in Ohio and his mother and her spouse moved in and stayed until Elle moved down there over the summer.

Coconut_kutty
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Florence - Deserting Mommy Dearest and Vancouver Club for Father Figure and Gator Pubs (Part 6)

Post by Coconut_kutty »

Ok. So looks like Elle is well and truly stuck in a suburban nightmare.

Coconut_kutty
Learner
Learner

Post by Coconut_kutty »

I liked Joe too.

The thing is, Elle’s move was not all that out of the blue. I distinctly remember her saying in that last haul video she did from Hawaii that she will be doing a lot of travelling in the summer and has some life changes coming up, and that she will share when she is ready.
She could have done a brief update for her viewers if she cared enough. I respect that this is her personal life, but she has made a choice to have content in her channel that reveals her personal life and not kept it strictly about makeup or fashion. I hate it that she reveals bits and pieces of information and then acts like a celebrity chased by paparazzi when anyone respectfully asks for clarification in the comments section.

I wonder if this is an extension of her attachment style-ambivalent, pull/push.

poshspice88 wrote:
BrainyBrunette wrote: This was actually a response to the comment I left on her video.

Hi everyone! I used to be a lurker but finally signed up and thought I would comment. I used to be a big fan of Elle's. That changed for me when I one time left a comment saying I loved her haul, but wish she would incorporate more affordable items into her outfit ideas, and maybe even do "bargain" versions of her favorite outfits. She left me a really snotty reply back and I was really taken aback by how rude she was, given that I, up until that point, had been a pretty loyal subscriber. I don't really think she cares about her subscribers, past the point of using them as a means to an end for sponsorships and views. After her rude comment to me, I started noticing that less than stellar comments tend to disappear quickly. I'm not against YouTubers moderating comments, particularly if people are very nasty, but Elle deletes comments that have any form of criticism - even if it's constructive and well intentioned. That's shady AF.

This whole situation with Rick has me very worried for her. Time and time again she jumps into relationships and she doesn't give herself any down time. I know this is contrary to many people here, but I actually really liked Joe. He was geeky and funny, and I respected that he didn't want the camera thrust in his face. Rick is a huge downgrade from Joe. I felt really bad for Elle regarding the break up with Joe, but last any respect I had left for her when she started dating "Special Someone" (again, because SS was DEFINITELY not Rick), and now I just pity her. I am sad that she doesn't have anyone in her life (that we can tell) that's advising her to slow down and take time to recover from not one, but 2 breakups within the last calendar year. And now she's engaged?! When you type that out, it's absolutely insane.

I was surprised my comment wasn't deleted, to be honest. Another subscriber commented defending the prerecorded videos. I have no problem with prerecorded videos, but I do have a problem with YT's who don't communicate and don't care that their subscribers are confused.
That was you? I thought your comment on her video was respectful and sincere. Asking for a life update to get up to speed and clear up the confusion was hardly insulting. Her response was awful. I’m so glad you posted on here and I hope you’ll stick around! :tu:

Btw, I liked Joe too. I thought his geekiness was sweet, actually.

Coconut_kutty
Learner
Learner

Post by Coconut_kutty »

Ccc123000 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:52 pm
Bitsyfew1 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:19 pm
Please use the "swift clip towards disaster" title, it'll make me PMSL every single time I see it! Genius!!😂
Can we add: #blinktwiceifyouneedhelp at the end? :rofl:
@swift clip towards disaster” gets my vote :D

Post by Guest »

Coconut_kutty wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 am
I liked Joe too.

The thing is, Elle’s move was not all that out of the blue. I distinctly remember her saying in that last haul video she did from Hawaii that she will be doing a lot of travelling in the summer and has some life changes coming up, and that she will share when she is ready.
She could have done a brief update for her viewers if she cared enough. I respect that this is her personal life, but she has made a choice to have content in her channel that reveals her personal life and not kept it strictly about makeup or fashion. I hate it that she reveals bits and pieces of information and then acts like a celebrity chased by paparazzi when anyone respectfully asks for clarification in the comments section.

I wonder if this is an extension of her attachment style-ambivalent, pull/push.
Great point! :tu:

I always thought it was a strong possibility that he popped the question in Hawaii, I would almost bet on it. She basically long distance “dated” him just weeks before that Hawaii trip. They’re both pathetic.

I’ll throw my hat in ring for a thread suggestion, although I think stubbsie’s Is brilliant and the clear winner!

Elle Florence: The Princess and The Pee Colored Diamond and Stage 5 Clinger of Professor Dickly

Post by Guest »

I don’t think anyone ever disliked Joe. I thought he was a nerd, but he seemed nicer than Chris and miles better than Dicky. I just don’t think Joe was that compatible with Smelley...not to mention, she took him for granted for most of their relationship.

If you go to Elle’s “rave” thread, there are people who diss him and defend their “princess”. Wonder what they think now... :rofl:

Post by Guest »

poshspice88 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:15 am
According to Zillow the house was sold in November 2018 for $208,000. When I google the address it lists his mother and her husband as the residents of the home. It could be that he bought it but didn’t occupy the house until he left his job in Ohio and his mother and her spouse moved in and stayed until Elle moved down there over the summer.
That is still really strange, though. Unless he was buying a home for his parents, why would you have them occupy it for that short amount of time? I’m assuming it was a way for him to “save money” and have them pay as renters so he could cover the mortgage, property tax, etc. for the little time they spent there. If Dicky moved in April/May, it looks like they were there for less than 6 months!!! Guess he needed that extra cash really badly ‘cause he knew he wasn’t going to work right away. :rofl:

It could also explain why the house is barely furnished. Even then, you’d think by NOW Dicky would have furnished his home. :roll: When my boyfriend moved cross-country he was able to fill his place in a matter of weeks.

I wonder what specifically drew Dicky to move to that community, especially as it seems like a huge downgrade from Cleveland (aside from the weather). It’s literally in the middle of nowhere and it will be an adjustment for Elle to drive to get anywhere. Does most of his family congregate in Florida?

Post by Guest »

adel220 wrote:
poshspice88 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:15 am
That is still really strange, though. Unless he was buying a home for his parents, why would you have them occupy it for that short amount of time? I’m assuming it was a way for him to “save money” and have them pay as renters so he could cover the mortgage, property tax, etc. for the little time they spent there. If Dicky moved in April/May, it looks like they were there for less than 6 months!!! Guess he needed that extra cash really badly ‘cause he knew he wasn’t going to work right away. :rofl:

It could also explain why the house is barely furnished. Even then, you’d think by NOW Dicky would have furnished his home. :roll: When my boyfriend moved cross-country he was able to fill his place in a matter of weeks.

I wonder what specifically drew Dicky to move to that community, especially as it seems like a huge downgrade from Cleveland (aside from the weather). It’s literally in the middle of nowhere and it will be an adjustment for Elle to drive to get anywhere. Does most of his family congregate in Florida?
I think you mean Columbus? Yes, the whole thing is weird. From what I read, it’s only his mother and her husband that occupied that address in Florida, besides Rick.

He apparently occupies homes with relatives regularly. I also found an address in Ohio where the primary occupants were Rick, his stepdad (now deceased), his half sister and her husband. His sister is listed under her married name. I believe they were caretakers in that situation before his sister’s dad passed away.

youngcheddar
Learner
Learner

Post by youngcheddar »

Maybe Rick is a low key property mogul, flips houses? I agree that the whole engagement seems really rushed and Rick on the surface doesn't seem to offer Elle too much in terms of security and she strikes me as someone who wouldn't marry purely for sentimental reasons or "true love" (not that that should be the primary or necessary ingredient of a successful marriage).

BrainyBrunette
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrainyBrunette »

Coconut_kutty wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 am

I always thought it was a strong possibility that he popped the question in Hawaii, I would almost bet on it. She basically long distance “dated” him just weeks before that Hawaii trip. They’re both pathetic.

If he did propose in Hawaii, homegirl needs some SERIOUS help, because that is bat. shit. crazy.

BTW, I found a picture from their Oxford internship... she's in the bottom left, he's in the top right. Maybe they hatched this whole plan 11 years ago! You know, since they've been friends for so long... :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smc900
Learner
Learner

Post by smc900 »

Yeah the house is definitely in his name and I’m fairly sure he bought it from his uncle or some other relation, as the previous owner has been mentioned by his sister on social media.

Definitely not a property mogul lol. I’m sure Elle will make him sell this place for something more her style once they’re married and she can let her true nature shine.

Right now she’s too busy figuring out how to spin her irrational and crazy life choices so she doesn’t lose viewers. Selling them her poorly made jewelry and wholesale scarves is how she’s going to help rick with the mortgage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

poshspice88 wrote:
adel220 wrote: That is still really strange, though. Unless he was buying a home for his parents, why would you have them occupy it for that short amount of time? I’m assuming it was a way for him to “save money” and have them pay as renters so he could cover the mortgage, property tax, etc. for the little time they spent there. If Dicky moved in April/May, it looks like they were there for less than 6 months!!! Guess he needed that extra cash really badly ‘cause he knew he wasn’t going to work right away. :rofl:

I think you mean Columbus? Yes, the whole thing is weird. From what I read, it’s only his mother and her husband that occupied that address in Florida, besides Rick.

He apparently occupies homes with relatives regularly. I also found an address in Ohio where the primary occupants were Rick, his stepdad (now deceased), his half sister and her husband. His sister is listed under her married name. I believe they were caretakers in that situation before his sister’s dad passed away.
Oh, duh, Columbus! I cannot keep my cities straight! 😂

The more I read about this guy, the more I dislike him. He’s not even healthy middle class, just a broke loser!

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

adel220 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:03 am
poshspice88 wrote: I think you mean Columbus? Yes, the whole thing is weird. From what I read, it’s only his mother and her husband that occupied that address in Florida, besides Rick.

The more I read about this guy, the more I dislike him. He’s not even healthy middle class, just a broke loser!
The three big cities in ohio are all C names so it is easy to confuse :-)

Right I can't imagine Rick made much of anything adjuncts make horrible money even if he was adjunct at Columbus state and Capitol University still prob wasn't good pay. I can't imagine community college pays well, nor would a private school. Also I can't imagine his mediator job was well paying either since I don't think he did it full time? Nothing wrong with needing to work multiple jobs but he has his JD he should be able to do something actually worthwhile with it. I want to say Elle could've done a lot better but really she's getting too old to be a trophy wife for an older guy, and most guys around our age who do make money or are high achievers want girls similar to them, (at least the people I know). Few people our age want trophy wives, and that seems to be elle's goal is to be a kept woman, she could've probably held out for someone with more money but I think she just wants to get married and doesn't really care anymore.

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

drasticactions wrote:
adel220 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:03 am

Right I can't imagine Rick made much of anything adjuncts make horrible money even if he was adjunct at Columbus state and Capitol University still prob wasn't good pay. I can't imagine community college pays well, nor would a private school. Also I can't imagine his mediator job was well paying either since I don't think he did it full time? Nothing wrong with needing to work multiple jobs but he has his JD he should be able to do something actually worthwhile with it. I want to say Elle could've done a lot better but really she's getting too old to be a trophy wife for an older guy, and most guys around our age who do make money or are high achievers want girls similar to them, (at least the people I know). Few people our age want trophy wives, and that seems to be elle's goal is to be a kept woman, she could've probably held out for someone with more money but I think she just wants to get married and doesn't really care anymore.
I don't think Rick wants to make more money. I think he is one of those self aggrandizing intellectual types who is happy to make just enough to live, wear cold mountain by Costco, camp at state parks, and shop at big lots.

Post by Guest »

drasticactions wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:17 am

I agree that there is nothing wrong with working multiple jobs but as you said he isn’t doing anything worthwhile with his degree. Not to mention, he’s not even making a lot. Not saying he should be rich, but at 40 shouldn’t you have your shit together and not rely on mommy and daddy to help you with your living situation? God, I bet he has nothing saved up for retirement. :roll:

I think it’s really sad she doesn’t think highly of herself enough to get a better man, but really, she should know she is making things worse for herself in the long run. I honestly don’t see this marriage working out long term; best case scenario she leaves before they have kids, although I doubt that.

smc900
Learner
Learner

Post by smc900 »

I agree, he doesn’t have the same lifestyle goals as Elle. He just wants to wear Indiana Jones clothing and knock off vibrams. I can’t picture him buying anything “luxury”, he would look so out of place following Elle around Chanel! His version of luxury is probably outlet shopping at banana republic.

I mean - no offence but he’s in his 40s and has had a JD for a significant amount of working years. If he wanted to be making real money and living a more luxurious lifestyle he could have been. Instead he teaches entry level psych classes at community college and has to supplement that with additional PT mediation work. To be at a place in life where he’s buying $200,000 houses from his uncle with that level of education... is kind of sad.

All in all, these two “lawyers” deserve each other. Over educated and under employed. He seems like a ‘saver’ so that might help supplement Elle’s ‘spender’ habits.

I’m dying to see how spectacularly awful this all plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Not to mention he isn’t even doing “noble” work. If he was doing volunteer legal representation to lower income families, I’d probably give him a pass, but he’s not even doing that. He just seems comfortable making enough just to get by, while living a “swift”, unstable lifestyle. How can you marry someone like that and have him be the father of your kids? Does she have some sort of “hero” complex for giving this loser a chance?

Having said that, I also work a job that is probably considered “below” my skill set, but it’s a livable wage and enough for me to live on my own for a few years (before I moved in with my boyfriend), plus save for retirement and spend on frivolous stuff. And regardless of income, I don’t know anyone in my real life who uses their parents for housing or housing assistance...most either stay with their folks for 6 months or have roommates and save enough to make it on their own. And it doesn’t seem as if Rick has ever lived in a high cost living area, either, so I don’t know what his deal is!

Bitsyfew1
Learner
Learner

Post by Bitsyfew1 »

Maybe the November 2018 house sale was his divorce? His ex is listed as working in Florida, so I guess they both could have lived and worked from there. And as it's the only property he /Elle own it would make sense her moving there. Though surely he could sell it or sublet it, what self-respecting person would move into a house with all the ex's memories around you? Maybe it'll take a while to sell so they'll live there for a while. .. who knows.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Bitsyfew1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 am
Maybe the November 2018 house sale was his divorce? His ex is listed as working in Florida, so I guess they both could have lived and worked from there. And as it's the only property he /Elle own it would make sense her moving there. Though surely he could sell it or sublet it, what self-respecting person would move into a house with all the ex's memories around you? Maybe it'll take a while to sell so they'll live there for a while. .. who knows.
Maybe I found the wrong person but the ex I thought has been in Columbus for awhile. At least the linked in I saw for who I thought was her said she"s been in Columbus for about 10 years, I know it said they got married in Florida but it is hard to tell if she ever lived there with him.

drewberry_moore
Debater
Debater

Post by drewberry_moore »

Rickdiana Jones and the Piss Colored Diamond! Lmao

Wow 200k for a house. Damn. Just think, Elle, if you had invested in Vancouver real estate instead of Chanel bags and cashmere from Nordstrom, you could sell your place in Vancouver, buy a block of houses in FL, and live like a queen.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Return to “Elle Florence”