JackSepticEye Part 6 - A.K.A Gab's Billygoat

JackSepticEye Part 6 - A.K.A Gab's Billygoat

Post by Guest »

Continue...

Offtopic: (If no one likes the title I'll message a Mod to change it! But the other thread was getting too full already.)

lilprincesst
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JackSepticEye Part 6 - A.K.A Gab's Billygoat

Post by lilprincesst »

Now this is what I call a TITLE :rofl:
See when you do clownery, the clown comes back to bite 🤡💅🏾

Chainsawbunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Chainsawbunny »

It's certainly an interesting one.

Chibi Mooncat
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chibi Mooncat »

Lmao let’s see if the new thread title will attract new commenters. :rofl:
:cuted:

Sour Lemon
Informer
Informer

Post by Sour Lemon »

I thought it was interesting that the one time they lower their prices half of it goes to charity. Hmmm... Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chibi Mooncat
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chibi Mooncat »

Jack’s back at it again with the title changes on his videos. Seriously Jack just pick a title and stick with it! Are you really doing this just for the views or are you that fussy with how you title things?

Example 1 of 2: The smaller screenshot is the original and the larger screenshot is the current title.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chibi Mooncat
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chibi Mooncat »

And here’s part 2 of my previous post.

Example 2 of 2: Once again the smaller screenshot is the original and the larger screenshot is the current change he made.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chainsawbunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Chainsawbunny »

Sour Lemon wrote:I thought it was interesting that the one time they lower their prices half of it goes to charity. Hmmm... Interesting

It's also interesting that they had the ability to do different colors but waited until now, almost like they planned it like this. A lot of people are asking if they're going to keep the colors for good or if it's just a publicity stunt, sorry I meant charity event. And if half really is going to charity it doesn't make sense to halve the prices now, that means LESS is going to charity than normal! People are going to figure that out REALLY quickly not to mention the fact that they could've lowered their prices already instead of continuing to rip people off with cheaply made crappy clothes that fall apart quick for really high prices, like I said before I have a hoodie from Cloak that I got in the beginning of February that I've only worn 5 times and it's already coming apart. Its funny that in the beginning they mentioned they hate brands that are just a name and logo with an expensive price tag when that's all THEY are, they won't listen to customer suggestions and ignore complaints about their shit falling apart. How much do you want to bet that they didn't give a shit about quality as long as they were able to slap their names on it and charge a ridiculously high price just to pad their bank accounts?

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

There are a few tweets calling out Cloak (mostly about how they're conveniently selling these during pride month).

Also found these on both Mark and Sean's Reddit (both are archived now which is convenient).

Chainsawbunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Chainsawbunny »

okay-sis wrote:There are a few tweets calling out Cloak (mostly about how they're conveniently selling these during pride month).

Also found these on both Mark and Sean's Reddit (both are archived now which is convenient).

I found those on Twitter but not reddit, I also noticed certain tweets got deleted I wonder why? *cough* taking advantage of pride month for money *cough*

aaaaaaaaaah
Informer
Informer

Post by aaaaaaaaaah »

"HALF of all proceeds will go to the Trevor Project" ...but the charity Cloak collection is about 20% less expensive than the normal ones. I checked the materials to see if there was any difference and, nope, all made from the same stuff in similar ratios. If anything, clothes with different coloured threads that need to be embroidered (e.g. the hats) should cost more than usual because it takes more time/is more fiddly. It's not like their "ethical" factory is going to give them a better deal for a charity, especially not one for LGBT causes when their factory is in China (funny that their fans aren't bringing up that their LGBT clothes are being made in an anti LBGT country, considering China still doesn't allow marriage, adoption, or legal protect for gay couples).

And, yeah, charity is good. It's nice that they're doing this. Even when companies only do it to look good, if the money goes to charity then it's still a nice thing imo. But why even bother doing it when you're going to cut prices and then only give half to charity? Normally, charity stuff is just as or more expensive because people are happier to splurge if they feel like their money is doing some good.

Gurlmeat123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurlmeat123 »

aaaaaaaaaah wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:43 am
"HALF of all proceeds will go to the Trevor Project" ...but the charity Cloak collection is about 20% less expensive than the normal ones. I checked the materials to see if there was any difference and, nope, all made from the same stuff in similar ratios. If anything, clothes with different coloured threads that need to be embroidered (e.g. the hats) should cost more than usual because it takes more time/is more fiddly. It's not like their "ethical" factory is going to give them a better deal for a charity, especially not one for LGBT causes when their factory is in China (funny that their fans aren't bringing up that their LGBT clothes are being made in an anti LBGT country, considering China still doesn't allow marriage, adoption, or legal protect for gay couples).

And, yeah, charity is good. It's nice that they're doing this. Even when companies only do it to look good, if the money goes to charity then it's still a nice thing imo. But why even bother doing it when you're going to cut prices and then only give half to charity? Normally, charity stuff is just as or more expensive because people are happier to splurge if they feel like their money is doing some good.
Not trying to justify cloak in any way because honestly I think it's a scam and I think this is a quick plot to capitalize (whether it's monetary value or reputation I'm not sure, I waiver a bit)... but in terms of business maybe they've figured out the maximum and minimum of value and applied that to get the new prices of the clothes; it's very common. Marking down an item down could benefit them by maximizing sales and making a bit more money than the average amount of sales therefore increasing the money they pass on to charity.

Gurlmeat123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurlmeat123 »

Chibi Mooncat wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:25 am
Jack’s back at it again with the title changes on his videos. Seriously Jack just pick a title and stick with it! Are you really doing this just for the views or are you that fussy with how you title things?

Example 1 of 2: The smaller screenshot is the original and the larger screenshot is the current title.
That first title imo is juvenile and obnoxious lol

SystemDownload
Informer
Informer

Post by SystemDownload »

There's a dnd group called critical role (i think) and they're doing a pride shirt with all the flags on, with 100% of June's donations going to the charity.

No clue why Cloak isn't doing that too because the colour items look way better than their murky 1st and 2nd wave.

Plus considering colour is more expensive (pigments and stuff), how come they're so cheap.

Sour Lemon
Informer
Informer

Post by Sour Lemon »

Companies treat Pride like they would a Mothers Day sale, Cloak is no exemption. Offtopic but if anyone knows any non money hungry pride items, I would love to know

Post by Guest »

Do you think they’ll have pink ones for breast cancer awareness month? Give a tiny amount to charity and keep the rest for themselves? Cloak brand is ugly And it’s cheaply made. He sold out as soon as he could get handfuls of cash.

SystemDownload
Informer
Informer

Post by SystemDownload »

It kinda bothers me more that considering how cheap they are, 50% of $28 is $14.

So they're pocketing $14.

Lets assume about 100 tshirts sell.
They're pocketing $1400.

The hoodie at $54, 50% is $27.

Again if 100 of them sell, they're pocketing $2700.

Which if im being honest, is fucking not right considering its for charity.
Sure pay for materials and wages, but that's way too much.

Chainsawbunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Chainsawbunny »

SystemDownload wrote:It kinda bothers me more that considering how cheap they are, 50% of $28 is $14.

They're pocketing $1400.

EXACTLY! For all their other charities they donate ALL the money from their regular merch to whatever charity they're featuring, but for this not only are they giving just half which is already f**king stupid but they lowered the price of the merch so that's EVEN LESS that goes to the charity! This is being so poorly handled it's not even funny, way to take advantage of the LGBTQ community and stupid fans who will blindly buy anything with their name attached to it. Of course hardly anyone will call them out on this or they will but then again I've seen that certain posts and tweets are "mysteriously" deleted.

kawaiinutzz
Informer
Informer

Post by kawaiinutzz »

Chainsawbunny wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:16 am
okay-sis wrote:There are a few tweets calling out Cloak (mostly about how they're conveniently selling these during pride month).

I found those on Twitter but not reddit, I also noticed certain tweets got deleted I wonder why? *cough* taking advantage of pride month for money *cough*
The good ole “We’re gay too! Now buy our merch! We finally have rainbows!” Scheme eh?
LETS BE HONEST HERET

SystemDownload
Informer
Informer

Post by SystemDownload »

Chainsawbunny wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:32 pm
SystemDownload wrote:It kinda bothers me more that considering how cheap they are, 50% of $28 is $14.

They're pocketing $1400.

EXACTLY! For all their other charities they donate ALL the money from their regular merch to whatever charity they're featuring, but for this not only are they giving just half which is already f**king stupid but they lowered the price of the merch so that's EVEN LESS that goes to the charity! This is being so poorly handled it's not even funny, way to take advantage of the LGBTQ community and stupid fans who will blindly buy anything with their name attached to it. Of course hardly anyone will call them out on this or they will but then again I've seen that certain posts and tweets are "mysteriously" deleted.
I mean some of their cloak stuff has sold out which is wild to me. I don't know the quantity of how much of each sold, but im going to assume that if there's production of where stuff is pre-cut and they just get sewn together by sewers. (So like people who cut the pattern pieces and then is sent to be assembled)

They would have between 100-200 pieces for each product for sale. Maybe at the 300 mark but that's pushing it.

Which means they'd have pocketed $2800 for tshirts and caps and $5400 for hoodies at 200 products per each item if sold.

Theres 8 tshirts, 2 hats, 2 hoodies and 2 shorts at $48 each.

If we assume that it all sells out and there's 200 product for each, they'd make a grand total of $48400.

So pretty much, his fans are lining marks and Jack's pockets. Happy pride month.

Return to “JackSepticEye”