Charles Gross: Bankrupt in the Wallet and the Mind (Chapter 11)

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Charles Gross: Bankrupt in the Wallet and the Mind (Chapter 11)

Post by randomMcRandom »

Continue here! Special thanks to whatshouldido for the title.

Caffeine
Informer
Informer

Re: Charles Gross: Bankrupt in the Wallet and the Mind (Chapter 11)

Post by Caffeine »

Screenshot_20190602-140420_Messages.jpg
Okay. Gross is done DONE DONE

I asked my clinical psychologist about Gross' claim. He's at work but we text a lot back and forth. He's more of a friend to my wife and me than a psychologist and that works for me.
I give you the following:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ordinary riches can be stolen; real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.
Oscar Wilde

Hollanderfan
Informer
Informer

Post by Hollanderfan »

To EDWARD and NICK:
It was very sobering reading what each of you said about your health. In the midst of all the silliness and fun that we have talking about Charles, this dose of another reality can make all of us appreciate what we have and enjoy it while we can. You both seem to have a very healthy attitude toward your situations and are making the best of things. You both certainly come across as having a lively sense of humor and a lot of spirit. I would imagine taking part in such things as GG is a small but positive diversion for you. It's nice to think that when, say, Delet This makes one of her incisive, funny remarks, it does more than just amuse people. Seeing humor in situations or in creating it is one of my principal means of coping with stresses in my job and life. I wish the best to both of you and hope you have many more years contributing to GG.

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes sent after my "goodbye" post in mid-April.

Boyle: No, not putting on any weight; in fact, the reverse. I think you once said you'd rowed for your university. So did I; and I played quarterback on my high school's (American) football team. Athletics gave me a body that was useful in my cruising days. Now, it's gotten to be a bit too much to maintain as I get older, so I've been working with a trainer to get it down to something more reasonable. I'm getting there, but slowly.

I was sorry to see the recent squabbling here about off-topic posts. I can understand why it's best not to stray too much from the topic at hand. I think I've been one of the worst transgressors (look at the preceding paragraph). I've been told many times that I talk too much.

Until recently, I hadn't watched Charles or looked at GG for more than six weeks. Charles had previously blocked me from commenting on Youtube after just ONE post, about a year ago. In my comment, I had given some pretty solid evidence that the Gross family is not rich and are, in fact, solidly middle class. Charles will tolerate all kinds of cutting criticism, but if his "wealth" is questioned, it's unforgivable and the commenter is banned. After finally watching a recent video, I left another comment under a new identity. I again challenged his economic status and, yep, the comment is gone and I've been blocked again. I've noticed other comments in which his class status is challenged and the comments usually vanish after a day or less. Nearly all of Charles' adjustment problems seem to stem from his middle class status and need to be seen as rich. He's a case study in status anxiety as defined by Alain de Botton, with support from Thomas Piketty.

Finally, the title of this new thread is fantastic. Congratulations to whatshouldido for coming up with it.

hollygolt
Talker
Talker

Post by hollygolt »

following-thanks

Caffeine
Informer
Informer

Post by Caffeine »

Naturally Gross will say I photoshopped it. Or my shrink is not a real one. Yeah he didn't really graduate and get his Ph.D and then be in the field for 25 years.
He really doesn't write code. He really doesn't press weights ( as a hobby he told me grin) he really didn't study music. Doesn't tune pianos.

Gross, you're a filthy liar. If the only person you were hurting was you I wouldn't give a damn. But you're hurting people in your audience trying to recover.
I know that I can't give orders on here
But for compassion and truth's sake I ask that you use report on that video. People are going to see that and believe him. It disgusts me.
It needs to be stopped.
Do I hate him? You're damn right I do. Only his definition of hate is telling the truth about him. Hate to him is us telling the truth and rationally telling him you're a compulsive liar.
Disagreeing with him.
.my wife pointed out that in the beginning he's all soft spoken and informative then toward the end he snarls and does the usual hate babbling. Oh poor me I fight the haters I'm suffering because dear darling mom and pop whose very breathing I worship fucked up my head. Poor pitiful me and I'm so amazing that I chose this life.(beats chest) even though I faint and people in the street help me ( gee Gross what happened when you tripped over yourself wearing heels and you cursed the woman who offered to help you?)
Gross manipulates people into thinking he's right.
One thing. Gross is mentally ill.
I myself am mentally ill. I just don't go around doing anything I want because my life was rough. Mental illness excuses nothing. I don't use my harder days to get favors.
Well, okay sometimes I will wring my hands to get my wife to get me coffee in bed. Grin. *
I was so gratified to see plenty of commenters on his channel tell it like it is.

Okay thanks for reading.

* occasionally I get stared at and told suck it up buttercup.
A shirt my wife laughed at says Sometimes I wake up grumpy.
Sometimes I let her sleep.

I just saw Hollander! Instant fan boy grin
Wait this means I have to go full gay for a day!!

I think I just had a mood.
I declare a new holiday. Gay For A Day

You rock Hollander. Carrera marble of course.
Ordinary riches can be stolen; real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.
Oscar Wilde

Post by Guest »

"Conscious anorexia"

Only Charles would have the world's only high class/luxury/special unique snowflake version of a deadly disease

He's absolutely ridiculous

rosary
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rosary »

This eating video might actually be the real person underneath the character Charles Gross. I now think he is a failed actor with an eating disorder.

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer

Post by randomMcRandom »

whatshouldido wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:11 pm
"Conscious anorexia"

Only Charles would have the world's only high class/luxury/special unique snowflake version of a deadly disease

Oh please, he's no different than some right wing retard wailing about how black people smoke crack and that's why they all live in the ghetto because they are morally bankrupt drug addicts. . . . and then crying when he's exposed as an opiate addict himself (but .. but .. my addiction is HIGH CLASS!! I'm not like those OTHER addicts!)

Every addict has a "at least I'm not a . ." version of denial. Charles thinks he's so special but he is so utterly ordinary it's painful.

Caffeine
Informer
Informer

Post by Caffeine »

hollygolt wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:54 pm
following-thanks
Welcome.
Oscar Wilde

Caffeine
Informer
Informer

Post by Caffeine »

randomMcRandom wrote:
whatshouldido wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:11 pm
"Conscious anorexia"

Oh please, he's no different than some right wing retard wailing about how black people smoke crack and that's why they all live in the ghetto because they are morally bankrupt drug addicts. . . . and then crying when he's exposed as an opiate addict himself (but .. but .. my addiction is HIGH CLASS!! I'm not like those OTHER addicts!)

Every addict has a "at least I'm not a . ." version of denial. Charles thinks he's so special but he is so utterly ordinary it's painful.
He came up in the world. He's charging 10 bucks a month for his exhibitionism now.
Great job of passing on your standards, Mr. and Mrs. Gross!
Half his twitter is selling his garbage on depop. The other half is him is mocking James Charles. Originality 10
Gross - 0

RmcR I couldn"t agree with you more. Markle is half African American. What a surprise. Duh. If I were Harry I'd tell Trump to go stuff himself. and tell his grandmother that he won't perform any duties while Trump is there
Pull rank.
Oscar Wilde

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Wait, there's a difference between anorexia and anorexia nervosa?????? I can't with him

Asuka
Talker
Talker

Post by Asuka »

al218 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:52 am
Wait, there's a difference between anorexia and anorexia nervosa?????? I can't with him
He’s confusing anorexia as a symptom with anorexia as a diagnosis. I really don’t know if he’s intentionally mixing the two or if this is just him being stupid.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_(symptom)

“Conscious anorexia”, however, is pure bullshit and I’m pretty sure he knows that. Being happy with anorexia nervosa is fairly common for people with the condition. It’s one of the reasons it’s so hard to treat.

Boyle
Debater
Debater

Post by Boyle »

al218 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:52 am
(Also a reply to Asuka's post.)
Any difference is in his mind. The whole video was just an excuse to garner views from people who have issues with weight loss, etc. YouTubers know there are lots of people ill and depressed viewers sat at home looking for some reassurance on their condition. YouTubers realise their teenage viewers have issues with self esteem, anxiety and depression and some of YouTubers will claim these conditions in an attempt to be relatable.
Like others I noticed the complete drivel Gross was peddling in his latest video, a few things come to mind:
  • Family instilled in him the value of appreciating the worth of a person, but taught him it's okay to bitch about the physical condition of extended family members. I wonder why he worships the breath these folk exhale? They motivate and inspire him, and yet he's currently chain smoking and using laxatives and female corsets to control his weight. I recall from his early videos that he had a drinks tray of spirits in his bedroom before he was 21. Did ma & pa Gross think it advisable that a lonely lad should drink full bottles of spirits alone in his room? Life affirming, inspirational family values! :(
  • The initial diagnosis of anorexia nervosa, which he reckons was a misdiagnosis... He claims that as a pre-pubescent child he had that consultation with a doctor without his parents being present. Sounds like a big FAT fib.
  • He's always been skinny and lanky. Remember that photo of him when he was about 11 or 12 - he sported meaty forearms that any plumber would be proud to own.
  • His amazing psychic abilities - his sixth sense tells him when he needs to eat and fast, he ignores bathroom scales.
  • His medical research in discovering the new condition of 'syneiditi anorexia' . What a tragedy when he goes to collect his Nobel prize - he won't be able to eat the famous elk soup that is offered to all winners. :roll:
Hollanderfan: Lovely to see you visiting and commenting. Thanks for the well wishes and for updating us on your life, I hope things continue to go swimmingly. Understand about the change in physique and desire to maintain health and fitness as one matures. Yes, Gross is sensitive to anyone questioning his social status and wealth. He's the one that made it an issue. Had he not declared in his earlier videos that he was fucking rich then no one would have brought up his status and wealth. He's made a rod for his own (slim) back. I think he might have been forgiven the fabrication had he presented a gracious persona and played the part as does John Maclean.

Hollanderfan
Informer
Informer

Post by Hollanderfan »

My life has been busy lately. My 25th class reunion began a week and a half ago, so my husband and I were in New Haven for five days. After a breather of two days, we went on to Cambridge for his 25th reunion. My husband had to leave for London this morning, so I finally have some time to record a recent event that I think some of you will find interesting.

My husband and I like to end our work week with a leisurely dinner at a restaurant. Afterwards we usually have a drink or two in the restaurant's bar before going home. On a recent Friday, when we went to the bar, we noticed a beautifully dressed elderly man. He looked so lonely and sad that we asked him if he would join us. He gladly accepted. Once seated, he told us his name was Earl. At first, Earl's conversation showed his obvious sophistication, but he limited his talk to art, travel, food, wine, and similar topics. He gradually began expressing more personal matters. His conversation was not at all glib, but, rather, he was knowledgeable, expressive, and sincere. He was clearly an urbane, accomplished person used to the finest things in life. With his wealth, connections, and social polish, he has been able acquire anything he's wanted. Except (and I'm sure you saw this coming) the love of an extremely desirable man.

At this point, I began to feel very uneasy. My husband, unaware of the unrequited love Earl felt for Charles, listened innocently while my direst fears were confirmed. Earl made it clear that he was indeed the man who wooed Charles Gross with the finest things money can buy, all in an attempt to win the love of the Colombian Adonis. He bought Charles an Hermès bag, a Rolex watch, tit clamps, and medication for crabs. Anything Charles needed was bought for him. Charles, though, unable to reciprocate this man's love, said he couldn't continue to accept gifts. Charles explained to Earl as gently as he could that he cherished Earl's friendship but couldn't go beyond that. Rather than giving back Earl's many gifts, which would have been such a hassle for Earl to return, Charles generously reimbursed him for the cost of everything, including dinners, drinks, and meth. Charles felt it only appropriate to add interest to the reimbursements. Wanting to be fair, he checked with his financial advisor and was told that using LIBOR plus 100 basis points would be appropriate. Interest, of course, was compounded on a monthly basis. I was beginning to be impressed by Charles and began to suspect that I may have been unfair in my judgment of him.

Earl seemed to find emotional release in talking about Charles and my husband and I, wishing to be kind, encouraged him. Earl said he spent several evenings as a guest of the Gross family. I was puzzled about where they live so I simply questioned why they lived in such an unfashionable neighborhood in what, frankly, is a dump of a building. Earl said it's an amusing example of the Gross family's desire to appear modest, despite their great wealth. Charles, a sophisticated polyglot, also whimsically told Earl that there was an element of "nostalgie de la boue" in their chosen abode. This reminded Earl of conversation chez Gross. As part of their desire to appear modest and unassuming, the family's inverse snobbism is reflected in their deliberately mispronouncing foreign words. Charles, his mother, his father, his sister--all of them speak several languages fluently. It's simply their innate modesty and attempt to put guests at ease that is behind their many mispronunciations of French, German, Italian, and Spanish words that we have heard in some of Charles' videos.

Earl was particularly impressed by the decor of the Gross apartment. The family's guiding aesthetic in furnishing their home has been to interpret the typical Upper West Side boho look in a sophisticated way. Many people in their neighborhood furnish their apartments with yard sale furniture. Taking a cue from this, the Gross family frequented yard sales, but in the finest neighborhoods of Long Island, Greenwich, and Darien. Charles told Earl the lawn chairs in their living room, for example, were from Templeton, the former estate of C.Z. Guest. Other furnishings have been gifts from close friends, such as the Gambino Family, intimates of Charles' late grandmother, Joan Figliuzzi. Decorative and even utilitarian objects are from the finest sources. Charles said the wooden spoons in their kitchen are hand-carved by blind nuns in Belgium and flown in from Brussels.

Charles has alluded to his family's esoteric religious beliefs. Earl was able to fill us in on this and I have to admit the Gross family inhabits a lofty spiritual plane. Derived from the Jewish faith of his father and the Roman Catholicism of his mother, the Gross family has forged a unique amalgam of the thought of Martin Buber and Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. The family has frequent discussions around the dinner table trying to reconcile Buber's famous "I and Thou" conundrum with Teilhard de Chardin's Omega Point theorem. As we all know, the theorem posits the apex of consciousness and thought that will lead to the return of Christ. Is humankind then still the "I" and Christ the "Thou?" Or has the "I" become the same thing as the "Thou?" And how will Talmudic scholars deal with the concept of Christ? Perhaps then it's not a return of the Messiah but the first coming of the Messiah? This is the sort of thing Charles ponders as he sits on his bathroom floor, waiting for his nail polish to dry.

Something that has confused followers of Charles Gross is his activity on Depop. I admit I was one of Charles' critics who assumed he sold things on Depop because he needed cash. Not at all, said Earl. Charles' activity on Depop goes back several years and, if you look at the types of things he's sold--anything from empty boxes for designer-label goods to fur coats--you will realize that there is a pattern to his selling and an appeal to a particular demographic. Charles is apparently conducting a study of the integration of digital technology, the evolution of capitalism, and human behavior. He is attempting to integrate some of the ideas in Daniel Bell's "The Cultural Contradictions of Capitalism" and more recent work by Shoshana Zuboff, as expounded in her popular book, "The Age of Surveillance Capitalism." Heady stuff. Earl said Charles spends a considerable amount of his day sitting on his toilet, after taking a double dose of Dulcolax, in a pose that unconsciously mimics Rodin's "The Thinker." As he sits there, he mulls issues surrounding acquisitiveness, public displays of consumption, the competing demands of work and leisure, capitalism's exploitation of identity and status through the use of new technologies, and so on. Sometimes, Charles' mind becomes so stimulated and active that he can go through a whole box of Dulcolax (large size) in one sitting.

It became evident to me that Charles has many intellectual interests and a depth of knowledge seldom seen in people his age. He had to drop out of elite Baruch College because his intellectual brilliance intimidated his fellow students and outshone the professors there. In an attempt to help their son further develop his intellect, Charles' parents engaged tutors who were graduates of Yale University. Unfortunately, this experiment was not successful since the tutors were no match for Charles' mental agility. In fact, one of the tutors was a real meathead. This oaf had apparently been a Varsity Heavyweight oarsman on the Yale rowing team. We all know these sports jocks are intellectual dullards. Charles commented that Yale's athletics mascot is a bulldog and this particular tutor had the personality and intellectual capacity of a bulldog. Loser.

According to Earl, referring to Charles as "Dinky Dick" is wildly inaccurate. He said Charles is renowned in twinkdom for the size of his cock. Those widely circulated photos and videos of Charles with a tiny dick are just Photoshop productions which Charles himself has craftily engineered. If he showed his actual cock, the hordes of photographers who haunt the entrance to his building would really get out of hand. It was clever of Charles to merge an image of a gerbil's penis onto his body to mislead the public.

Earl, who is normally a top, said the sexual equation completely changes when men are around Charles Gross. Earl said that the most masculine men suddenly become submissive and pliant in Charles' presence. He recounted an evening when he and Charles were in Chelsea, and they decided to pop into the Eagle for a drink. Earl said that as soon as Charles entered the bar, towering in his high heels, tightly corseted, and swaggering with his Saint Laurent purse, the spectacle of normally butch men rapidly switching handkerchiefs of any color from their left pockets to their right was a sight to behold. Earl felt honored to be with Charles and swelled with tremendous pride as he basked in the envy of NYC's leather crowd.

We spent several hours listening to Earl. It was an odd experience. Earl is clearly a broken man, unable to move beyond his obsession with Charles. At the same time, he seemed strangely invigorated as he discussed Charles, such is the spell that Charles Gross, a true homme fatal, is able to cast over men. For my part, I realized I had been dead wrong about Charles. Not only is everything he's told us true, there's even more depth and complexity to his character and intellect. I was moved by the night's experience and was unusually quiet as my husband and I walked home to our apartment. My husband, who's often commented on my talkativeness, sensed something profound had happened. He wisely left me to my thoughts. Thoughts which continue to haunt me as I consider the gross injustice of some of the comments I have previously made about Charles. I'm certainly not going to point any fingers, but I think it's up to each of you who have similarly criticized Charles (you know who you are) to do a bit of soul searching and perhaps think of some way to make amends. Charles deserves nothing less.

rosary
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rosary »

:HK: Today Charles used the word mercurial to describe his personality. If he has mercury inside him, that is really sad. :HK: :( :roll:

CocoaPrincess
Debater
Debater

Post by CocoaPrincess »

He posted on his IG a picture of a naked young girl face down in bed and an old Earl caressing her back saying 'see, that wasn't so bad, now let's get you that LV purse'. And he added the caption 'Jeff Bezos call me'.
It makes me sick :? It's so fucked up (the 'see, that wasn't so bad' when the girl is obviously VERY upset in bed, IDC what people willingly and happily do for money or ugly purses). I know it's just a meme or even a still from some movie but it really made my skin crawl. He has no idea. What matters to him in life? Spending money without lifting a finger to earn it. Ugly purses, plastic surgery, high heels, name brands. I SO don't get it, even as a woman I never wear heels, and almost never wear a purse and when I do it's never one above $40, and it does the same ting as the expensive ones. Holds stuff. And I look good still. He's so backwards, he's part of the problem in this fucked up world.

The only attention you can get is from crazy crackheads in the streets of NYC who will talk to anybody so... But hey maybe Bezos's middle name is Earl! A girl can only dream right chacha?

Way to throw his parents under the bus in the anorexia video. Who says about ANYONE or ANYTHING 'I worship the air they breathe'? Ever? They obviously despise each other but are stuck together. We already knew this but a lot of fucked up stuff must have gone on behind the scenes that we don't know about and his parents aren't the poor little apathetic hard working saints stuck taking care of do-nothing chachi that some think they are.

Asuka
Talker
Talker

Post by Asuka »

It’s a still from a film called Sleeping Beauty (not to be confused with the fairy tale). It’s disturbing as shit that he’d use a still from that film in that way. Not that I expect he’s ever actually seen the film (or if he did, there’s no way he understood it).

But hey Charlie, go take an image that even without context is pretty disturbing and turn it into some twisted fantasy. That’s totally classy, my dude.

Cowbway
Informer
Informer

Post by Cowbway »

Shocker, he runs out and spends $1,990 on a new purse the same day Google checks are issued. The title of this new thread is incredibly appropriate. Now back to browsing the web for the July 3 major purchase.

rosary
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rosary »

In todays video he got very mad about his shower curtain. He went on a lil' tirade about his bathroom. He also showed some crazy about lying to people about people dying. :HK:

Boyle
Debater
Debater

Post by Boyle »

Rosary: “I am a thermometer for grossness” is prolly what he meant to say! Is it common for people in the USA to have plastic shower curtains flapping around? I would have thought moderately wealthy people would have glass shower enclosures, no?

Cocoa Princess, Asuka: I don’t see the photo you mentioned on his Instagram. Is it only visible to people with IG accounts? He probably thinks he’s being edgy and arty. He does seem to have a twisted idea of femininity and females in general.

Hollanderfan: I was shocked to read your creditable account of Earl and learn the truth about the secret life of Charles B. Gross. I decided to make amends for maligning such a talented and charitable soul. After placing an order for Delet This’ one-time offer of magic beans, I immediately phoned my gay cousin Everard who is currently living in NY. I wanted to see if I could add further credence to your discoveries about the REAL Mr. Gross. Here’s the sip o’tea Big Evie had to share:

Last year rumours circulated that a winsome young beauty had a tumultuous romance with a wealthy elderly gentleman. According to the arty Brooklyn queens, the older gentleman was referred to as ‘Earl de Grey’ on account of his silvery locks and aristocratic bearing. (The description conjures up an image of Gore Vidal.) The young beauty they named Carlito because his real name of Charles Gross didn’t match his agreeable countenance. By all accounts Earl showered Carlito with gifts because Carlito had requested them as proof that Earl was not pursuing him for his inheritance, which reportedly includes an African diamond mine albeit a small one. Rumours confirm the refund was made to Earl with added interest, Charlie holds true to the noble code of House Lannister. Sad news for animal lovers though, the infected crabs in Carlito’s sanctuary for ageing crustaceans died in their hundreds despite receiving the medical intervention donated by Earl. The learned Carlito represented himself in court managing to successfully sue the pharmaceutical company that provided the crab medication. The proceeds went to a research program that is dedicated to alleviating neuro-pathological problems in obese lobsters, such is Carlito’s love of animals.
Regards those Ivy League tutors his parents hired - Evie heard they were actually PhD candidates that young Charlie agreed to supervise when it became evident that he had consummate knowledge of each of their subjects! The kid’s no bimbolino.
As for his penis, if it’s so huge is there any wonder that he becomes light-headed and faints as often as he reports? The blood supply to such an enormous organ must be hard to maintain on his slender frame. No wonder he gets so tired topping his lovers.
Evie’s Eagle eyes report that the secret of Charlie’s effect on alpha males derives from the unusually powerful pheromones he exudes when he is in the presence of masculine men. Being a small man he unconsciously goes into flight mode when confronted by tall, confident muscular men and it’s his unconscious anxiety that is responsible for the pheromone release. It’s probably one of those things you have to experience to fully understand. As Charlie has repeatedly told us, “If you get it, you get it.”

I realise Charlie has no use of my meagre funds, but by way of making a small reparation, I decided to send the Belgian ‘spoon’ sisters a small shipment of kiln dried Devonshire cherry – I bet they’re partial to a choice bit of wood.

Return to “Charles Gross”