Charles Gross: Bankrupt in the Wallet and the Mind (Chapter 11)

QueenPenny
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Charles Gross: Bankrupt in the Wallet and the Mind (Chapter 11)

Post by QueenPenny »

whatshouldido wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:52 pm
Cowbway wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:46 pm
whatshouldido wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:33 pm
I just remembered him sometime this week when I watched some videos (and made a new avatar from them :lol:)

Glad that he's at least putting some effort into his last couple of videos instead of his normal complaining about fat people or telling us how good he walks in heels
Effort?? WTHF?????????

The "salesperson" and other (I forgot) "roleplay" videos he did took some effort for HIM
All his videos for the past few years have been him sitting in his bathroom bitching about fat people, telling the viewers they are hater losers or showing off his shoes
For HIM where he is now with his channel, yeah those roleplay videos were effort
I enjoyed the Annoying Friend From College role play. TBH if he had been doing this for the past 3 years his channel would be at a profit.
If it ain’t about me let’s kiki :love2:

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by randomMcRandom »

Mdoc wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:47 am
Hahahaha have you seen his insta stories? "Chest full of Loubs..."

The video shows a drawer with the pairs of Loubs in it.
Wait, is he STILL trying to convince everyone that he's rich?? Cuz he bought some a few random Louboutins at discount sales while living with his mommy and daddy? I'm screaming! :rofl: :rofl: That's hilarious! He truly is a comedian.

The only thing sadder than buying shoes to impress random people is convincing yourself that people think you are "rich" when you live at home with your mommy and daddy and have never lived on your own or done anything on your own and you're damn near 30.

Hollanderfan
Informer
Informer

Post by Hollanderfan »

randomMcRandom wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:42 pm
Mdoc wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:47 am
Hahahaha have you seen his insta stories? "Chest full of Loubs..."

The video shows a drawer with the pairs of Loubs in it.
Wait, is he STILL trying to convince everyone that he's rich??
Yes, he is. Charles has no identity other than the false claim that he's rich. Nor is his family rich. We've been over this several times in the past few years. The Gross clan is a comfortable, solidly middle class family. I haven't checked in on GG for at least six weeks, and I've barely watched Charles' YouTube for almost six months. Has there been anything about the unexpected closure last year of the small architectural firm where Charles' father worked? It wasn't much of an architectural practice and only had four or five employees, but it at least gave the father a steady income. Has there been anything about his father getting a new job?

I'm wondering if perhaps the Gross family finances have gotten a bit shaky lately. Charles has been more strident than usual that he's "rich," so it may be that things are indeed financially precarious in the family. On one of his IG stories, Charles talks back to Perez Hilton's criticism with the retort, "Well, I'm still rich and you're still fat." On TikTok, Charles recently stated, "...I check my bank account and see I'm still rich." His latest YouTube is entitled, "I'm Thin and Rich..." On another IG posting, he heaps praise on a woman who has a YouTube channel called The Good Americans. This woman has to be seen and heard to be believed. She has the jawline and chin of a football player and thinning blonde hair. Perhaps she's a trucker in drag. When she talks about Charles and why she believes his stories that he's rich, her intellectual limitations are at least as severe as Charles'. Like Charles, she shows all the signs of the congenitally obtuse - her babbling is a mixture of reductive reasoning, circular logic, and logical fallacies. I wonder if, like Charles, that she's also a Baruch College dropout?

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer

Post by randomMcRandom »

Kylie Jenner bought her first house the day she turned 18. Because she is rich. And, sure, maybe she still spent most nights at her mommy's house because she liked being taken care of by mommy, but she still had her own place whenever she wanted to hang with her friends. That and it's just a good investment to buy property as soon as you are able to -- people who are genuinely rich stay rich because they make good financial decisions.

Kylie Jenner also regularly goes on vacations that make my eyes water with jealousy and she takes private jets to get there. Again, she does these things because she is rich. And young. And presumably a young fun person -- since she continues to go on those fancy vacations even when her kid was a little baby. Fun people with any money at all don't let parenthood get in the way of doing fun stuff.

I don't actually care about who Kylie Jenner is and her injected diaper ass makes me sad, but she is a good example of what an actual young, rich, fun person does. Rich in the wallet, rich in the mindset.

Charles is too poor to buy his own place. And he is too poor to go on any kind of vacation except to some dump shack he calls a "country house" but the only eyes watering about that are the ones laughing at the absurdity it being called a "country home" owned by a "rich young guy". Mommy and Daddy own it and Charles hops in the back seat of the family Honda just like he did when he was 10.

Buying designer shoes and purses, both severely depreciating assets, before you can afford to purchase your first house or condo or apartment is just STUPID. It is not rich person behavior -- it is a poor person's mindset. Walking around town in your fancy clothes desperately hoping someone looks at you and thinks "ooh, he's rich" is also sad, poor person behavior and a sad, dour, poor-person mindset.

Charles is a boring, ordinary, poor dude with a poor person's mindset. I guess that's why he rails so hard against poor and middle class people. . he's like the closeted gay frat bro who bashes on "homos" all day long.

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

99% sure his dad being unemployed since January 2019 is why Charles doesn’t do vlogs or post as often since his dad is home all day. He used to do vlogs or shit videos in the common areas eating or ranting and doesn’t anymore. There has to be some fear inside that household since it’s hard to get hired as an older person. And his parents have some money saved I’m sure but are tapping out into it now so getting nervous, plus Charles channel hasn’t earned money in over a year so even kicking him $20-50 a day is garnering resentment. Additionally his dad and mom don’t sound exactly “with it” and are thinking of the future. Assisted living costs $100,000 a year per person not including anything medical (doctors, tests, meds). Any of their wealth is not fluid its in selling the apartment. That’s worth what a couple million. That’s less than 5 years of both of them in a nursing facility/old folks home. Which I think is likely their future.

Charles is not going to be able to live rent free much longer and will have a marginal inheritance and that will be only after both pass.

My late grandfather lived in assisted living his last 2 years before he died and I know care managers of the aging wealthy and I volunteer as well. I learned a lot about life from it. It takes a lot of money and effort supporting the transitions and dealing with needs.

Hollanderfan
Informer
Informer

Post by Hollanderfan »

Delet This wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:12 am
99% sure his dad being unemployed since January 2019 is why Charles doesn’t do vlogs or post as often since his dad is home all day.
Can you imagine Charles and his father cooped up together in that dreary apartment? It must be hell for both of them. Yes, it's no wonder Charles hasn't uploaded much for the past few months since it must be very inhibiting to be stuck with old Harold all day. Of course, it's not nearly bad enough for Charles to run out and get a day job, just to escape, but he must be at his wit's end as to what to do. Maybe sleeping all through the day rather than just half-way through the day is the answer. Poor guy! I've been sitting at my desk despairing at the FTSE and running stress tests on some market positions, thinking I have such problems. Fuck coronavirus! Then I think of Harold and Teri, stuck with the human virus known as Charles Gross and realize I should count my blessings.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

What a pathetic person.

Post by Guest »

I guess YT remembers I used to be subscribed to him because he pops up in my recommendeds every month or two

Now he's trying to do TikTok. For the sake of god, he can't even be bothered to upload on YT regularly anymore and now he wants to add on another social media attempt? And he claims to have met with a publicist. He's still chasing "being famous" and I really want to know when will he realize that being famous from nothing doesn't really happen that he has to actually DO something (besides claim to be rich and pout and show off his skinniness) to make that happen?

Jamie had better RUN in the opposite direction as fast as she can, because you know he's going to come for her to take care of him when their parents are gone

HI CHARLES GROSS - YOU NEED TO PROVIDE LINKS AND SCREENSHOTS AND INFORMATION IF YOU WANT TO CLAIM ITS VIOLATING RULES OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT - IT'S CALLED BURDEN OF PROOF. :rofl: :FU:

Hollanderfan
Informer
Informer

Post by Hollanderfan »

le_mourin wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:28 am
...So I decided to get the Charles Gross experience and take his 'NYC advice' for the sake of novelty. I followed the directions from one of his videos and headed uptown. Maybe there was something I had been missing out on all along; maybe this pilgrimage would reveal the root causes behind Charles' tortured soul. I passed the Apthorp with its Christmas tree in the courtyard. This is definitely the kind of building Charles likes to pretend he lives in. I'm thinking back to his "luxury NYC real estate living" "where I really live" videos...

...Anyway, the Apthorp and my other favourite UWS places were around 78th St. By the time I got to Charles' exalted address in the 100's, my legs killed. The streets were considerably less desirable (mostly shuttered banks and weird niche pet shops - yes this was new to me). I imagine Charles would have a borderline Sherman McCoy psychological meltdown if he were exposed for too long to some of the racial and socioeconomic diversity of life in Harlem. Maybe that's why he never leaves the house, only taking Ubers that pick him up at the door? On the plus side, in the park right outside Charles' apartment, I came across a rat man who was feeding peanuts to a horde of rats, including one that scurried onto his lap. It was evident that he was a regular, and I wondered if this could be the older man from glamorous Riverside Park who Charles often talked about exchanging bedroom eyes with. I wish them both well, but I won't be going there again. 1/10 stars for the Charles Gross experience.
This is so amusing and accurate. You've done the kind of investigation and analysis that's missing from so many critiques of Charles and his buffooneries. So many comments on GG are really just name-calling of the school playground variety. Your comments are funny and pointed. Above all, they're based on facts and astute analysis. Yes, indeed, Charles tries to gloss over the Harlem-tinged/public housing character of his neighborhood. When he talks about living on the "Upper West Side" in "luxury real estate," he wants us to at least think of the Apthorp, if not the San Remo or Dakota, as being the sort of place where he lives. These buildings are, of course, dozens of blocks south of Charles' neighborhood. I recently commented that Charles is on the outside looking in, but he's so clueless about upper-middle and upper-class characteristics that he doesn't even know where he should look in. If he had a semblance of awareness or intelligence, he would have been much vaguer as to the particular part of the UWS he calls home. As we all know, he lives in Bloomingdale (aka Manhattan Valley), adjacent to Harlem, a recently drug- and crime-infested area. I'm an amateur historian of Manhattan and have written several articles about areas of the city for the New-York Historical Society and other groups. One such article was about Bloomingdale. My research showed that the area between 86th Street and 110th Street was developed with low-cost housing meant for the city's lower middle- and middle-class workers. Charles' building is in the heart of this area and is typical of the construction of the period. In the mid-1990s, I was a student at Columbia business school, about ten blocks north of Charles' neighborhood. At that time, the area around Columbia was very sketchy, but we all knew that the Bloomingdale area was worse and was strictly a no-go part of town. I lived on the UES with my grandmother and took the 1 train to school. When the train stopped at the 103rd street station, two blocks from Charles' building, everyone knew to be alert and vigilant because that was one of NYC's most dangerous stations at the time. Real estate values in the area were rock-bottom then. The Gross apartments were acquired at the area's low point. Of course, like nearly every urban area in a thriving city, the neighborhood has gentrified and prices have escalated. It's amusing to plug in Charles' mother's annual income and his father's last recorded annual income into a mortgage calculator to see what sort of co-op apartment they could afford to buy at today's prices. They probably could barely afford the space they're currently living in.

If Charles were less clueless, he would have filmed his videos with a neutral, all-white background, without exposing the low-quality characteristics of his parents' apartment. As it is, he continually shows the cheap, warped herringbone wood flooring typical of low-cost 1930s construction, the low-cost stucco moulding, and the exposed horizontal supports on the ceiling. The hardware in the apartment looks mainly original, and its cheapness is evident even when not shown in detail. The original tile-work, that Charles' inexplicably thinks is distinguished, could not be cheaper and is also typical of low-cost housing of the early- to mid-twentieth century. The only part of the apartment that seems newer is the kitchen, and we've seen its sagging cabinetry many times. Charles said it's not IKEA. Perhaps not. It looks cheap even by IKEA's standards.

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

Safe to say his YouTube and social media career is over.

BagAndBaguettes
Talker
Talker

Post by BagAndBaguettes »

Gawd...his videos went from 15 minute vignettes and tens-a hundred thousand views (at their peak) to 2 hour monologues and barely over 12,000 views (on a good day.) He really could've made something off of his channel had he stuck to luxury brand content and tweaked his presentation back to when he started.

chuckles
Learner
Learner

Post by chuckles »

Please tell me Charles didn’t say „philonopic“ in his new boring livestrem at around 14:15. Good thing he doesn’t regret dropping out of college :rofl:

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

He made a second Ig —- “thelouboutinboy” such a knock off and Walmart version of TheBirkinBoy on IG

sceptres
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sceptres »

His face looks fucking scary in this photo and his hairline is receding FAST.
The fem boy look can be cute but I just can't imagine a BALD fem guy in heels...

He's gonna get hairline surgery soon and when that doesn't work out he's gonna start wearing feminine wigs. First he's gonna use the excuse that he's trying Drag for fun before turning 100% into latinx Jeffree Star.

**IMAGE REMOVED BY INSTAGRAM**

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer

Post by randomMcRandom »

I thought the pic below was a 70yo woman airbrushed to death :D

sceptres wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:01 pm
His face looks fucking scary in this photo and his hairline is receding FAST.
The fem boy look can be cute but I just can't imagine a BALD fem guy in heels...

He's gonna get hairline surgery soon and when that doesn't work out he's gonna start wearing feminine wigs. First he's gonna use the excuse that he's trying Drag for fun before turning 100% into latinx Jeffree Star.

**IMAGE REMOVED BY INSTAGRAM**

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

he looks like hes missing an arm

prolapseda
Learner
Learner

Post by prolapseda »

I thought of Charlene as soon as I watched this creature Myka Stauffer. Both have inherent fakesness in their every expression.

Haakon
Debater
Debater

Post by Haakon »

Two nights ago, I called in to Chuckles on his Live show. My call never got selected to go thru to him. I wanted to ask him what it's like to have a father who collected unemployment benefits last year. So bougie!!!

Hollanderfan
Informer
Informer

Post by Hollanderfan »

It's been a little over three months since I've checked Charles' YouTube or GG. Until recently, it looks like things have been pretty dead. Those lengthy "Live" call-in features are quite a departure for him. Has he talked about why he's doing them? Even though I've got lots of time on my hands lately, I wouldn't waste two or three hours listening to Charles. I did skip through the three "Live" programs and, in two of them, he talked again about not having any concrete plans for the future. This seems to be a sensitive subject with him, as sensitive as his claims to being rich. I think it's only in not planning for the future and claiming to be rich that he gets truly animated. Not just animated, but downright strident. Deep down, he must know that he has no potential in anything worthwhile, hence having no future-oriented plans. In the last "Live" he talked at length about the folly of having a five- or ten-year plan. He spoke as if having goals was the same as being strait-jacketed. Additionally, he said planning for the future was futile since you couldn't know what future events might be. This sort of thinking is another example of his intellectual limitations. It's sad that his (presumed) mainly teenage audience listens to this kind of destructive thinking and could be influenced by it.

Charles is still blocking me under my two user names on YouTube and one user name on Instagram. In each case, I had made just one critical comment challenging his being rich. I'd supported each assertion with facts about his family, their finances, and where they live. This is simply intolerable to him. He will not block users who make caustic comments about his looks, taste, or opinions but questioning his bank account is unforgivable. A couple of days ago, someone on Charles' Instagram stated Charles wasn't rich and gave supporting data for the assertion. Several of Charles' fans had commented negatively on this. A short while later, I noticed the original critical comment and fans' responses had been deleted. I guess he's blocked another non-fan. By the way, the critical comment was made by someone with a lengthy user name, part of which I remember being "lesfleursdumal." That caught my eye since Les Fleurs du Mal is a book of poems by Charles Baudelaire. My father was a professor of French literature, and he was an authority on the Symbolist poets, of whom Baudelaire was one of the most famous. Is anyone of you the person who left the comment? If so, I'd love to hear from you.

viewlockedforums
Stalker
Stalker

Post by viewlockedforums »

I used to watch his videos a few years ago, until he decided to start posting videos every day and I felt the quality was declining rapidly. Now I just checked his IG in forever and oh boy.

I don't get how you can be an influencer for years and yet your pictures look this tacky. How hard is it to go outside and get good lighting? It's even worse on his birkinboy rip-off account. And the thing is, that account actually has potential, he's just not using any of it. If he's going to copy someone's idea, copy it WELL. Thebirkinboy's pictures are insanely repostable because they feature neutral backgrounds, good lighting, different angles and have a high image quality. CG's pictures have none of that. The lighting is fake in most pictures, the images look blurry and dark and there's this tacky sparkle filter on top. No one who wants to look expensive would ever want to reblog that, especially not brands.

There's absolutely no point in continuing his louboutinboy account if he's not going to put any effort in.

Return to “Charles Gross”