Bangladeshi bloggers/influencers

Bangladeshi bloggers/influencers

Post by Guest »

Going to start this off with Shaye Chowdhury... I am fed up of her clearly culturally appropriating Pakistanis. In fact, I think quite a lot of Bangladeshis think this is okay. It is NOT.

Re: Bangladeshi bloggers/influencers

Post by Guest »

rubywoodelete8 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:52 am
Going to start this off with Shaye Chowdhury... I am fed up of her clearly culturally appropriating Pakistanis. In fact, I think quite a lot of Bangladeshis think this is okay. It is NOT.
can i ask how she “appropriates” Pakistanis? or how a lot of Bangladeshis appropriate Pakistanis? because they’re both Asian ultimately?

if you’re talking about her appropriating the suits she’s wearing, i’ve noticed Bengalis wear heavier dresses on occassions on eid, weddings etc than pakistanis in their kurtas and plain kameez style dresses. so i can sense she goes for the pakistani style dresses.

But lets not forget that there are plenty of bengalis that are married to pakistanis or have pakistani relatives too who are going to have to learn and understand their culture

Post by Guest »

Honeymoon_moonlight wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:23 am
[quote=rubywoodelete8 post_id=3688131 time=<a href="tel:1559469172">1559469172</a> ]
can i ask how she “appropriates” Pakistanis? or how a lot of Bangladeshis appropriate Pakistanis? because they’re both Asian ultimately?

if you’re talking about her appropriating the suits she’s wearing, i’ve noticed Bengalis wear heavier dresses on occassions on eid, weddings etc than pakistanis in their kurtas and plain kameez style dresses. so i can sense she goes for the pakistani style dresses.

But lets not forget that there are plenty of bengalis that are married to pakistanis or have pakistani relatives too who are going to have to learn and understand their culture
[/quote]
rubywoodelete8 wrote:

I feel as though she does this through things like having a ‘dholki’ or just ripping off Pakistani style/culture and then tagging Bangladeshi pages on her posts. Their culture is made up of wearing saris and their wedding traditions vary from Pakistani people.

Of course nowadays there is a lot of intermarrying, the appropriation is stealing Pakistani style/traditions and then labelling it as Bengladeshi tradition. I notice this happening with Afghan culture too, people seem to think it’s okay to do Afghani style photoshoots, when it isn’t actually okay in my opinion. Feel free to correct me!

Royal-aconite
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Royal-aconite »

I’d love to know what’s happening with tanji recently? She is petite so the way she has been dressing makes her look so frumpy and boxy in my opinion.

curiousme19
Debater
Debater

Post by curiousme19 »

Hi everyone, so glad there’s a Bangladeshi thread here although it’s quite new. Let’s spill the tea on all Bengali bloggers probably excluding tanji and rumena cos they have their own thread!

Any tea on MakeupbyTaz, littlelondonblogger, Shanara beauty, jahanara makeup, Sabihasays , nawsha neelam, Aniqa nishat , sultana.j.m, Nxlima etc.

Post by Guest »

Jahanara make up’s eyebrows are SO SO SO SO BAD. It’s almost sickly. I get she’s trying follow a high fashion/Korean style or enhance her natural shape, but my god PLEASE ELONGATE them. Stop shoving your clapped partner in everyone’s face. Yes we get it. You can finally have sex in a house and not in his car anymore.

Make up by taz is another hijabi whose whole identity revolves around her partner. It’s not new for bengalis to marry pakis, stop making out it’s a daring interracial marriage.

There’s a whole male Bengali IG crew who are equally cringe. Iqsy/Bengali blitz/ islah- dunno if anyone are aware of them

Bengali blitz divorced hamida a while back (another IG girl). My colleague spoke to him on minder and he was surprisingly forward and sexual. Nothing like the ‘pious’ posts he puts on IG.

Islah makes shite Instagram sketches and thinks he’s funny. Someone tell him to retire. He went to my uni and he got depression shortly after his divorce, he was dating a hijabi girl from uni

Post by Guest »

rubywoodelete8 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:41 am
[quote=rubywoodelete8 post_id=3688131 time=<a href="tel:1559469172">1559469172</a> ]

rubywoodelete8 wrote:

I feel as though she does this through things like having a ‘dholki’ or just ripping off Pakistani style/culture and then tagging Bangladeshi pages on her posts. Their culture is made up of wearing saris and their wedding traditions vary from Pakistani people.

Of course nowadays there is a lot of intermarrying, the appropriation is stealing Pakistani style/traditions and then labelling it as Bengladeshi tradition. I notice this happening with Afghan culture too, people seem to think it’s okay to do Afghani style photoshoots, when it isn’t actually okay in my opinion. Feel free to correct me!
[/quote]

I can definitely see where you’re coming from when girls tag all those pakistani / bangladeshi street style pages just to get more views / engagement on their pages

Post by Guest »

The-truth wrote: Jahanara make up’s eyebrows are SO SO SO SO BAD. It’s almost sickly. I get she’s trying follow a high fashion/Korean style or enhance her natural shape, but my god PLEASE ELONGATE them. Stop shoving your clapped partner in everyone’s face. Yes we get it. You can finally have sex in a house and not in his car anymore.

Make up by taz is another hijabi whose whole identity revolves around her partner. It’s not new for bengalis to marry pakis, stop making out it’s a daring interracial marriage.

There’s a whole male Bengali IG crew who are equally cringe. Iqsy/Bengali blitz/ islah- dunno if anyone are aware of them

Bengali blitz divorced hamida a while back (another IG girl). My colleague spoke to him on minder and he was surprisingly forward and sexual. Nothing like the ‘pious’ posts he puts on IG.

Islah makes shite Instagram sketches and thinks he’s funny. Someone tell him to retire. He went to my uni and he got depression shortly after his divorce, he was dating a hijabi girl from uni

Jahanara looks like a trans. even nikita dragon looks more feminine than her. her brows need to be tamed with some brow gel.

yasminn__x is another girl that looks like a trans with the heavy make up and cheap contact lenses. looks so nasty.

i didn’t know bengali blitz got divorced. i remember they released some wife and husband tag video. they weren’t married for too long then?

the girl on the left that was walking down with hamida on 0:40 seconds was preganant around the age of 17/18 with some black guy. don’t know what happened to her but she thought she was the brown kylie and her boyfriend was travis scott or something. Don’t know how that ran in a bengali family

Anyone know @Jamaliha (an instagram account dedicated to sisters or cousins of some family) they’re like the more religious version of rumena begums family lol. their foundation looks so off and ashy

curiousme19
Debater
Debater

Post by curiousme19 »

Mirpuri_munj wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:27 am
Anyone know of a girl from London, i think from tower Hamlets she used to have a ig called snapneeqs_. Which had about 4k followers her sc was snapneeqs_. I dunno what happened but she just disappeared about 2 or 3 yrs ago.

Abit more info: she has a cousin who lives like 10 mins away from her in London. Her ig username is something like 'sweetbea or sweetbia or something like that. Can't find her either. They were pretty close.
I remember who you’re talking about yes. She used to wear turban scarf and work in tower bridge. I wonder what happened to her?

curiousme19
Debater
Debater

Post by curiousme19 »

Bengali girls on Instagram are becoming so typical. It’s either ‘no face no case’ style photos where you can only see their outfit and shoes or it’s the ‘dashboard style girls’ who go out with their boyfriend and snap the music playing from the car.

Even the weddings are so typical! Every Bengali wedding I’ve been to is the same format and it’s getting so boring. On top of that whether anyone likes to admit it or not, there is a lot of copying other girls on insta.These Mua’s make everyone look the same with the thick eyebrows and lips. All it takes is one person to go to a new place or landmark and every basic bitch flocks there like Peggy Porschen cakes, elan cafe, fendi cafe etc. This is where they pose with their ONE designer item (either Louis Vuitton bag/purse or that basic Hermes sandal) and do all they can to subtlety include that in their photo.

God give me strength..

maxmarabh
Informer
Informer

Post by maxmarabh »

Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:15 am
Jahanara make up’s eyebrows are SO SO SO SO BAD. It’s almost sickly. I get she’s trying follow a high fashion/Korean style or enhance her natural shape, but my god PLEASE ELONGATE them. Stop shoving your clapped partner in everyone’s face. Yes we get it. You can finally have sex in a house and not in his car anymore.

What happened between isla and his ex wife.. She had a business too that was the first of its kind... Really want to know.. They seemed really solid

Rantqueen121
Learner
Learner

Post by Rantqueen121 »

Shaye choudhary - is it me or did anyone think that her whole wedding events were more Pakistani inspired than what you would expect for a Bengali. It was so cringe how badly she wants to be Pakistani i.e. outfit choices, live qawali at her wedding which I found odd. Trying to hard to be something else and needs to stick to her roots it’s embarrassing.

SoChaud
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SoChaud »

I couldn’t agree with you any more ! It was cringe , her face is cringe and the need to constantly flash any designer item is cringe !
Poses looking down ... CRINGE !
SoChaud x

curiousme19
Debater
Debater

Post by curiousme19 »

maxmarabh wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:23 pm
Guest wrote:

What happened between isla and his ex wife.. She had a business too that was the first of its kind... Really want to know.. They seemed really solid
I’m so surprised I didn’t know Islah was divorced. What is happening with these marriages? Do you guys think social media plays a part in it? Wow.

SoChaud
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SoChaud »

Massively ! I heard from a girl I personally know ) who met him at a fashion show / events & he kept PMing her to meet up after the even .... she knew he was married ! She declined without a doubt !
SoChaud x

curiousme19
Debater
Debater

Post by curiousme19 »

maxmarabh wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:23 pm
Guest wrote:

Who was islah’s ex wife? Is she on Instagram?

Cher128
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Cher128 »

Does anyone know why Bengali blitz and Hamidas henna divorced? They seemed really happy such a shame! A lot of these social media couples are going down so quick especially now Bengali couples on social media so sad!

Arielle8
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Arielle8 »

curiousme19 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:34 am
Hi everyone, so glad there’s a Bangladeshi thread here although it’s quite new mutuelles senior. Let’s spill the tea on all Bengali bloggers probably excluding tanji and rumena cos they have their own thread!

Any tea on MakeupbyTaz, littlelondonblogger, Shanara beauty, jahanara makeup, Sabihasays , nawsha neelam, Aniqa nishat , sultana.j.m, Nxlima etc.
It's cool to have shared all of this with us. I am sure there will be more experience sharing soon.

Sweety77
Debater
Debater

Post by Sweety77 »

Most Muslim Bengali girls don’t have traditional Bengali weddings in the UK. They’re mostly uncultured and don’t even know their culture. I’m not saying everyone but most of them don’t know. It’s lack of intelligence and knowledge of history and culture. It’s not just Bengali people but even other cultures in the UK. Even Gujaratis, Punjabis, Sindhis, Madrasis a lot of them don’t know their culture. They adopt parts of north Indian, Western and Arab weddings and have their wedding without knowing what things signify. Bengali culture is very rich and beautiful but most dimwits don’t know anything about it.

Post by Guest »

Where have all the comments from this thread gone? I’m only seeing 20 comments, don’t know if it’s an error on my end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”