Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Adobe Flash Wedding - Robbed Amelia's life PT 7

Post by nellybelly »

bluebells0703 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 am
Short and to the point, with an emphasis on those that stood around her. Her composure and calm was great to see.

Hopefully she can shake off Estee. What friend tells you to stop reading about unhealthy attachments and codependency smh.

She shouldn't feel foolish tho. Rob proposed, he broke it off (telling how she didn't so much as mention him by name), he struck me as the type looking for a way out for a while.

Honestly, I know this is the trash a guru, but I love her. Glad she has a tight knit group around her, she'll get through this just fine.
I was thinking that, its trash a guru but so many messages of support on here. I really love Amelia too and I feel so heartbroken for her. She thought she had found her happy ever after, but her day will come and she will be a person of deeper strength and character when it does.

As for Estee, she must be devastated she wont get partnered up with a prince charming and star in a British 'royal wedding'. Thinking back to when she posted 2 weeks ago with Amelias name in the title (obviously deleted when told to by Liv or Pia), how desperate and mean of an act on a best friend who is at the worst point of her life. I don't even watch her videos but I think she fan girls over British culture and that lifestyle waaaay too much for her to not be using Amelia to access 'the circle' and little else.

Amelia will learn who her true friends are now, that's for sure!

Influenzabuster
Debater
Debater

Post by Influenzabuster »

^^ Agree, I actually like her content and can tolerate it... her lush life is all normal to her - unlike all these other imposters (ITF, Lidl)
The video was great, I am happy for her to come forward with her truth, it will open more doors for her down this path of healing and understanding herself better. Amelia, we see you're into your brene brown but consider teal swan too. She has some excellent videos on youtube on various topics you will connect with during this period of time in your life. All the best to you girl <3

Post by Guest »

I'm really fond of Amelia too, and I'm really pleased she has a good support system around her.

This thread has always struck me as more a series of"exasperated" rants rather than actual dissing.

TooManyBags
Learner
Learner

Post by TooManyBags »

bluebells0703 wrote:
Short and to the point, with an emphasis on those that stood around her. Her composure and calm was great to see.

Hopefully she can shake off Estee. What friend tells you to stop reading about unhealthy attachments and codependency smh.

She shouldn't feel foolish tho. Rob proposed, he broke it off (telling how she didn't so much as mention him by name), he struck me as the type looking for a way out for a while.

Honestly, I know this is the trash a guru, but I love her. Glad she has a tight knit group around her, she'll get through this just fine.
I agree with you 100%. She acknowledged what's happened, while keeping it classy by not divulging the details. Making that video has freed her up to make honest content going forward, sharing her starting over journey. I'd love to see her travel a bit this summer, move into her own place and genuinely get her mojo back. These things usually happen for a reason; She'll eventually meet someone who loves her just the way she is.

bluebells0703
Learner
Learner

Post by bluebells0703 »

Oohthedrama_ wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:14 am
I’m NOT sticking up for rob 🤦‍♀️ Not in the slightest but,
Benefit of the doubt, none of us know what happened, and the wedding preparations were EXTREME!
The engagement party itself was bigger than most weddings.
I really do feel sorry for her and she looks so broken but, maybe SHE was the one who was at fault (I know nothing about him!)
They hardly knew each other, from the moment she got a ring it was
“move in/shop wedding /shop/wedding/shop/party/shop” her grandparents passing, his accident, all still FULL ON wedding planning.
Maybe he just backed out because it would be too much for anyone to cope with.
It’s easy to blame him because we see her so heartbroken but is she heartbroken because she lost rob or the wedding 😐 from day one it’s been about the wedding over the marriage let’s be honest.
Unless he is a scank then ignore 🤷‍♀️
I was thinking about that too. But iirc, she's never really dished on details of her actual relationships. She's kept it to what we see in snippets of vlogs and stories you'd feel comfortable telling your gran. She doesn't strike me as the callous conniving sort, but a genuine person that wears her heart on her sleeve that comes from the upper crust of society. She was probably actually super into Rob, he probably brought a stability to her life that she thought she needed (likely didn't help that everyone around her was lowkey encouraging this as the "right" move).

What she's going through resonates with me so much. We come from super similar social circles, too. I was jilted in a similar way, and found a happier way through life despite being told one way was the right way. She seems like a rebel, even if it's a quieter form. So hopefully going through this dismal experience will actually give her the courage to make decisions on her own terms.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Oohthedrama_ wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:14 am
I’m NOT sticking up for rob 🤦‍♀️ Not in the slightest but,
Benefit of the doubt, none of us know what happened, and the wedding preparations were EXTREME!
The engagement party itself was bigger than most weddings.
I really do feel sorry for her and she looks so broken but, maybe SHE was the one who was at fault (I know nothing about him!)
They hardly knew each other, from the moment she got a ring it was
“move in/shop wedding /shop/wedding/shop/party/shop” her grandparents passing, his accident, all still FULL ON wedding planning.
Maybe he just backed out because it would be too much for anyone to cope with.
It’s easy to blame him because we see her so heartbroken but is she heartbroken because she lost rob or the wedding 😐 from day one it’s been about the wedding over the marriage let’s be honest.
Unless he is a scank then ignore 🤷‍♀️
Yep she acted like an elephant in a China shop during these last few months.

I definitely got spoilt entitled princes vibes from her and I agree that it seemed to be more about the wedding than the actual person for her, but I also saw some subtle domineering and controlling signs coming from Rob that where huge red flags for me, so I think she is better off without him.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

I follow her on and off. I know they got engaged in December but when did they actually get together? I remember thinking it was quick. I wonder if she'll delete the Rob pics from insta now that she's done the video.

Luckily it doesn't seem like they had many mutual friends who had to take sides. That can be painful if you've been in a long term relationship.

guru_n00b
Debater
Debater

Post by guru_n00b »

This is a trash thread but I think a lot of people here actually like Amelia and dig her sometimes over the top content. It just goes to show that you can be young, wealthy and pretty but still have a shit time with it all. No one is exempt from trash men, I guess?! (Not saying Rob is trash but the whole whirlwind situation is despite the "nice moments").

nona
Learner
Learner

Post by nona »

Honestly, whatever the reason for the break up was, he is an asshole for doing it on her birthday trip. Amelia said that Hannah brought Duke that night and lied with her in the bed, which makes me think that either he broke up with her as soon as they got back to London or he broke up with her while they were still in Paris, and she came back home early because of that.

Either way, it's a shitty move. Why would he take her on a trip if he was planning on breaking up with her? Or if he didn't plan it in advance, who breaks up an engagement without taking the time to think it through in advance? Maybe they had a fight and broke up in the heat of the argument, but that is such a sad way to break up an engagement :( In that case, maybe she thought they would get back together once they cooled off.

I feel so sorry for her, but she did handle it in a really graceful way. Didn't even say one bad word about him

guru_n00b
Debater
Debater

Post by guru_n00b »

bluebells0703 wrote:

Wait. Where did you get that *he* broke it off? Did she mention it in her video and I missed it?

Ava2014
Informer
Informer

Post by Ava2014 »

I expected the break up from the beginning. They were engaged after dating just for a couple of months and she started planning the engagement and weddings straight ahead. It was so embarrassing to watch her engagement video, all the people in the room were probably thinking: we know this guy/girl for a couple of weeks and now they are going to marry? She exploited her wedding in an embarrassing way, that's why I think she is embarrassed at the moment. Maybe heartbroken too but I think she is more embarrassed that it will take her much longer to find a husband.

Jay14
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jay14 »

I am glad that he is no longer part of her life. I have canceled a wedding years ago and I know how it feels and I feel sorry for her.
I do not think the breakup was because of the size of the wedding. They are used to that level. Look at Liv’s wedding!
He rushed her and did not let her think clearly. I hope she takes her time before getting into another relationship. She is a hopeless romantic (her obsession with hearted plates and everything makes it obvious) but she needs to slow down.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

guru_n00b wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:00 am
bluebells0703 wrote:

Wait. Where did you get that *he* broke it off? Did she mention it in her video and I missed it?
No she didn't say anything about it. She seemed taken by surprise by the whole break up though and I think she would have emphasized the fact that she was the one that broke it off if that was the case.

It could be that her father made her break it off, because of financial skeletons in Rob's closet, like was suggested in this thread, but my gut feeling tells me Rob was the one to break it off, because he was never really into her to begin with.
Last edited by Iris1969 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

IceMaiden01
Talker
Talker

Post by IceMaiden01 »

I wrote a long post about her update video and it disappeared..... I truly hope she’s ok, better for this to have happened now than to go through a divorce like I had to - my Prince Charming was having an affair with his distant cousin, baby number one was born before the divorce was finalised. It doesn’t make it any easier emotionally but practically at least she could just hand back the ring and walk away.

I like Amelia a lot, and my criticism on here are hopefully more constructive than just straight up trashing. I truly hope with the support of her family and friends (so not you Estee) she gets through this

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

I told you I get dibs on the white Chanel that Estee gave her. :rofl:

Anyway, I feel bad for her and no one should be depressed in this world. But like the other poster said, theses people spend their time with gluttony and shoving it in people's faces with no modesty or sense of shame with the amount they consume on a regular basis. When he fell on the ice trying to make her videos the entire thing was a big inconvenience for her. He seems like a dweeby guy with his dad's credit card and immature vibes. It wasn't a good match and all I remember is her sitting in the car with Carole cackling about how "Rob thinks I'm hot and stalks my instagram." then boom, they rush right into it. I feel like she wanted her viewers to see how hot she is, more than him. I feel bad but I don't.
Last edited by al218 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

awomansmodedevie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by awomansmodedevie »

PowderGirl wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:06 pm
Let’s continue here! Thank you for the hilarious title Image
She has her latest vid up and she's spilled the tea. They have indeed broken up and I really feel bad for her. It really is true sometimes that if things happen that quick then it will end up quick too :(

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Adobe Flash Wedding - Robbed Amelia's life PT 7

Post by PowderGirl »

Great video from Amelia! I didn’t expect anything less though. And huge respect to the part where she spoke about Liv‘s wedding and how seeing other people’s happiness and love uplifted her. It shows what a good sport she is!

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

PowderGirl wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:53 am
Great video from Amelia! I didn’t expect anything less though. And huge respect to the part where she spoke about Liv‘s wedding and how seeing other people’s happiness and love uplifted her. It shows what a good sport she is!
I have mixed feelings about that part tbh. Is it humanly possible to be truly happy for someone else during those first moments of devastation when your whole world is turned upside down?

She seemed fake happy to me in the footage of that wedding, so I think she was putting up a brave face like her mum has done all her life and has probably also taught her daughters to do :?.

Mathihlde
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mathihlde »

al218 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:32 am
I told you I get dibs on the white Chanel that Estee gave her. :rofl:
That was the most ridiculous gift ever. I doubt she will be able to use it after this.

I'm glad her relationship situation is now resolved, I got the feeling that it was rather her being uncertain during that exchange in the car when they were on their way back from France planning the wedding, not so much him. Also, that her career is more important to her than he would want and that she is just not ready to give things up because of him.

His attitude during that Christmas tree decoration incident was also rather fussy. Also, his proposal while seeing a tailor in Paris or whatever was more over the top than anything Amelia ever did, I think it set the tone for the entire relationship. Stilted being the word of the day! The engagement parties were fine & the same goes for a big wedding, they are for fun and if you have the money, why not? But needing to see a tailor in Paris... Even Amelia pointed out that it seemed extravagant, but that it was characteristic of him.

She should probably be with someone more unconventional, relaxed and outgoing, more of an entrepreneurial type, which her father probably is, but Rob is not. I think she is more down to earth than she possibly knows herself.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

New thread name suggestions ? :love2:
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Return to “Amelia Liana”