Informer
Informer

Re: Kalyn Nicholson (Part 2)

Post by sufficientcontact »

heathe07e06 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:10 am
leftoverbeans wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:44 am

Yes. I can't stand her fake calming yoga teacher voice. I honestly couldn't make it through that koze video because it irks me so much
I haven't been able to watch any of her videos since she announced. She comes across, at least to me, as though she feels superior now that she's pregnant and it really bothers me
i'm confident she feels superior because in her mind she's won the lottery, except better, because she believes "earned" the life she has now. i'm sure some people would be envious of the life she achieved but from an outside perspective, it looks to me like she used an inheritance to buy a house that is incompatible with her job, "settled down" with the very first man she found, and got pregnant accidentally without any sort of plan, understanding of compatibility with her child's father, or self-reflection on her own issues before bringing another life into a very chaotic world.

gwynethpaltrow
Learner
Learner

Post by gwynethpaltrow »

honestly she might be better off as a single mother if she chose that dude to be the father

Curious cat
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Post by Curious cat »

AmandaLauraxo wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:48 am
I just watched her latest video and she mentioned her bf cant come to a lot of her appointments, given everything we know about him and his involvement in the trucker convoy I wonder if he cannot attend because he isn't vaccinated since most capacity mandates are being lifted.
Why is she choosing having a baby with a conspirationist bigot who leaves her constantly alone is beyond me...

deepmysteries
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by deepmysteries »

She's raising the baby vegan. And will surely not vaccinate.

rosewhite
Learner
Learner

Post by rosewhite »

I haven't watched her videos in probably under a year and yet I keep coming here to keep updated. It seems like I chose the perfect moment to stop watching - it seems to be going completely downhill. But I'm sorry, a VEGAN BABY? I fully support veganism, but that seems too extreme, it can't be healthy. Vegetarian, I could get behind, but vegan? :roll:

Again, haven't watched her so I don't know anything about the baby's father or anything,but from the comments here this is giving me medieval age vibes: together because of pregnancy, conservative guy, no vaccines... Has she gone back in time or what?

heathe07e06
Lurker
Lurker

Post by heathe07e06 »

rosewhite wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:55 am
I haven't watched her videos in probably under a year and yet I keep coming here to keep updated. It seems like I chose the perfect moment to stop watching - it seems to be going completely downhill. But I'm sorry, a VEGAN BABY? I fully support veganism, but that seems too extreme, it can't be healthy. Vegetarian, I could get behind, but vegan? :roll:

Again, haven't watched her so I don't know anything about the baby's father or anything,but from the comments here this is giving me medieval age vibes: together because of pregnancy, conservative guy, no vaccines... Has she gone back in time or what?
I'm vegan and serve almost entirely vegan food in the home. My husband is not vegan, so occasionally I make non-vegan food if he requests it. But, because of this, I talked to the pediatrician about my baby being on a largely vegan diet before we even began serving him food. As long as you actually balance your meals/days properly, its perfectly fine for a baby to be on a vegan diet. However, Kalyn clearly does not know what a well-balanced vegan diet looks like.

My other issue here is that she is forcing the decision of veganism on her baby. Her boyfriend isn't vegan, why does her baby have to me? I just think it's wrong to make the decision for another person rather than raising her baby to understand her ethical qualms and letting her baby make the choice when the time is right.

deepmysteries
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by deepmysteries »

I don't even know. In her last video she talks about eating eggs. So we went from vegan baby to non-vegan Kalyn. She hasn't posted on her main channel in like three weeks. She says they're finishing upstairs remodeling THEN they'll remodel the nursery. So she's going to go up and down those stairs all night with a newborn? They are at least making some safety changes to the loft.

Haven't seen old dude since April 7, when the gender reveal was posted. He and his dad are in charge of the renovations, so if things end with him it'll be a huge mess. Oh, and he's selling his house, where she was going for decent internet. He's got two cats who I hope will be friendly to Bentley, but all that and they plan to JUST finish the remodel before the baby gets here? All they've got for baby furniture is a bassinet. 😬🤨🙄

PisaLisa
Informer
Informer

Post by PisaLisa »

Saw her IG this morning, apparently the power has been off for 3 days, they finally had to go to his dads house so she could take a shower and eat.

DiscoMermaid81
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DiscoMermaid81 »

deepmysteries wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:00 pm
I don't even know. In her last video she talks about eating eggs. So we went from vegan baby to non-vegan Kalyn. She hasn't posted on her main channel in like three weeks. She says they're finishing upstairs remodeling THEN they'll remodel the nursery. So she's going to go up and down those stairs all night with a newborn? They are at least making some safety changes to the loft.

Haven't seen old dude since April 7, when the gender reveal was posted. He and his dad are in charge of the renovations, so if things end with him it'll be a huge mess. Oh, and he's selling his house, where she was going for decent internet. He's got two cats who I hope will be friendly to Bentley, but all that and they plan to JUST finish the remodel before the baby gets here? All they've got for baby furniture is a bassinet. 😬🤨🙄
I feel like they’re ruining the original character of that house! It had an open floor plan & beautiful natural wood. They’re making walls & just plain drywall. It pains me to see it! It will be costly to restore back. They should’ve just sold it in its original charm & bought another house together. Hopefully it’ll be better than I imagine when it’s done 😱

lisbu1
Talker
Talker

Post by lisbu1 »

deepmysteries wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:00 pm
I don't even know. In her last video she talks about eating eggs. So we went from vegan baby to non-vegan Kalyn.
I was VERY surprised by this. And then for her to go on about "but then I only get free-range blah blah blah" .... GIRL. Do you know that chickens have been bred to produce as many eggs as they do? They didn't evolve to be pushing out as many as they currently are. That is human interference!

(this is not to start a vegan debate — if you eat eggs, I'm not going to judge you! but don't claim to be a vegan and buy into this "better" eggs thing that doesn't actually make them better at all considering animal cruelty and all that :roll: )

rosewhite
Learner
Learner

Post by rosewhite »

heathe07e06 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:16 pm
rosewhite wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:55 am

I'm vegan and serve almost entirely vegan food in the home. My husband is not vegan, so occasionally I make non-vegan food if he requests it. But, because of this, I talked to the pediatrician about my baby being on a largely vegan diet before we even began serving him food. As long as you actually balance your meals/days properly, its perfectly fine for a baby to be on a vegan diet. However, Kalyn clearly does not know what a well-balanced vegan diet looks like.

My other issue here is that she is forcing the decision of veganism on her baby. Her boyfriend isn't vegan, why does her baby have to me? I just think it's wrong to make the decision for another person rather than raising her baby to understand her ethical qualms and letting her baby make the choice when the time is right.
Sorry, I'm realising my comment was a bit ignorant. I understand that it is possible to have a complete and healthy diet while being vegan, and so it should be possible for babies, too. I was thinking more along the lines of how you need to introduce different types of foods to babies slowly so that they get used to them and can digest them, and I wonder if, for example, not trying eggs or fish or even meat as a baby might mess with their ability to digest things like that in the future, should they ever turn non-vegan. But again, I don't have any babies and I'm not vegan (nor a baby, lol), so I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

Anyway, regardless of my questions about a vegan diet for babies in general, I still have issues about Kalyn's idea of a vegan diet for her baby because of exactly what you said: I don't think she knows what she is doing. And given her track record about not discussing vaccines plus choosing a home birth and everything, I have my doubts that she is actually going to consult a professional about this. So I'm concerned about the baby.
(Again: nothing wrong about any of those things by themselves, except for not vaccinating, but it's just that the combination of everything gives a vibe of just completely ignoring science, and that's dangerous).

Also, I couldn't put my finger on it but now that you've said it, forcing the decision on the baby was the other thing that was bothering me about this. I mean, the baby isn't really goint to notice it, but if she keeps it up during the kid's childhood without allowing them to make a choice, that feels wrong.

Oops, I just saw the comment about her eating eggs now. Idk what to say, especially because I haven't watched the video and I don't know if she gives any reasons for this change. I'm very surprised as well. Maybe it was a craving? I'm definitely not going to judge her, I eat eggs myself, but it seems out of character, even if she tries to justify it with the free-range thing.

heathe07e06
Lurker
Lurker

Post by heathe07e06 »

I haven't watched any videos since the pregnancy announcement because.... I didn't want to....

Has anybody else been keeping up? Anything worth viewing?

lisbu1
Talker
Talker

Post by lisbu1 »

heathe07e06 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:41 am
I haven't watched any videos since the pregnancy announcement because.... I didn't want to....

Has anybody else been keeping up? Anything worth viewing?
I've been watching a bit, but skipping through a lot of each video I watch. I like the renovation and food stuff, but there's not too much of that. A lot of it is her super calm, slow voice narrating stuff about ... I don't even know what. She just talks through more than half the videos. No thank you! And I did not bother even clicking on the "goddess" baby shower video, either. This girl is constantly doing new spiritual things (she had a goddess themed picnic, too?!), it's hard to keep up.

deepmysteries
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by deepmysteries »

Her due date was yesterday. Honestly I'm trying to set my frustrations with her aside and just hoping she gets it together in time--and dumps the conspiracy theorist, gets vaxxed, and regains her senses. (Whoops, there are those frustrations again.)

heathe07e06
Lurker
Lurker

Post by heathe07e06 »

deepmysteries wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:22 am
Her due date was yesterday. Honestly I'm trying to set my frustrations with her aside and just hoping she gets it together in time--and dumps the conspiracy theorist, gets vaxxed, and regains her senses. (Whoops, there are those frustrations again.)
Unfortunately, I don't think she'll do any of those things. She's convinced herself she's living a fairy tale so she's turning a blind eye to any indication otherwise. I think it's going to be a long long time before she comes to her senses. Or she might even succeed in morphing herself into her partners perfect mate, which has always been her goal. I don't think she's emotionally or mentally equipped to be a single mom, so I think she'll do everything in her power to keep that from happening. Including staying with the conspiracy theorist. Honestly, I feel really sad for her.

I also think her channel is about to go down the drain. I wonder if she'll repay or cancel any subscriptions that are paid during her mat leave. Girl can barely keep a schedule when she only had herself to take care of. I doubt she'll upload anything on a schedule again.

AmandaLauraxo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AmandaLauraxo »

She had the baby! I’m so curious what the name will be!

lisbu1
Talker
Talker

Post by lisbu1 »

AmandaLauraxo wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:55 am
I am also very curious! I am thinking it will be something very ... unique.

yesimanon
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by yesimanon »

It also looks like she had a hospital birth. Possibly a c-section? I was nervous that something would happen with her home birth being out in the country.

AmandaLauraxo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AmandaLauraxo »

yesimanon wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:01 am
It also looks like she had a hospital birth. Possibly a c-section? I was nervous that something would happen with her home birth being out in the country.
I think she probably had to be induced since she was little way past her due date

AmandaLauraxo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AmandaLauraxo »

lisbu1 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:33 pm
AmandaLauraxo wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:55 am
I am also very curious! I am thinking it will be something very ... unique.
I think so too I'm thinking something nature inspired or spiritual sounding

Return to “Kalyn Nicholson”