Cute walking shoes?

Bear
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cute walking shoes?

Post by Bear »

I'm going to Europe for 2 weeks this summer and will definitely be doing a lot of walking. I was planning on bringing a pair of Sperry's, but do you have any other suggestions? Are Toms comfortable?

nothinggold
Informer
Informer

Re: Cute walking shoes?

Post by nothinggold »

Toms are not good for walking very long distances. They're not the nicest looking but just get a pair of gym shoes. Focus on being comfortable rather then looking cute so you can enjoy your trip and not have to worry about your feet.
Trust me. I went to New York City in unsensible shoes and dreaded the whole time where we walked every where.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

You can always buy inserts for any shoe to make them more comfortable. At first, my feet were dying after i spent the day moving apartments in my chucks, but then I bought inserts and now they're really comfortable and I can walk with them on all day. So buy shoes that are comfortable but you don't really have to get hiking shoes or anything.
I still wouldn't really recommend Toms because they are very thin, so you might want something that protects your feet more.
imma ball til the day i fall

angel face
Informer
Informer

Post by angel face »

I don't recommend Toms, they gave me blisters. I wouldn't recommend Sperrys either since the sole has no grip and I found it slippery to walk in them plus they get really hot an uncomfortable really fast. You should probably buy a pair of nike or adidas shoes.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

If you are going to be doing a LOT of walking I would say sod them being cute and buy proper walking shoes. If you are going to be walking in country areas or in cities that have a lot of cobblestones definitely buy walking shoes. Having been on plenty of holidays that involved lots of walking you soon stop caring about what your shoes look like!

Bear
Talker
Talker

Post by Bear »

Thanks, yeah I just don't want to look like a tourist LOL.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

I wore Toms in Venice, Italy and they was super comfortable on the cobble stone streets.

I would check out nikes. I have a pair of light weight nikes and they are super comfortable.

Bear
Talker
Talker

Post by Bear »

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paperbackwriter »

I HAVE ADVICE!

Okay, I have been in France for the past four months and doing some traveling. Two words: DOC MARTENS. I literally have not needed a single other pair of shoes since I came here. Durable, waterproof, perfect for walking, and stylish. I have the Victorian flowers ones. They don't make you look too tourist-y either, I've gotten a lot of compliments, mainly from older French women which was unexpected. They still haven't worn out even though most of my friends' shoes have. So I'd consider it. You can get non-leather ones if you don't wear leather too, mine are vinyl.

Bear
Talker
Talker

Post by Bear »

thanks for the advice, & your boots sound really cute <3

Chelsea96
Learner
Learner

Post by Chelsea96 »

I wouldn't suggest Docs because the first couple of days with them is torture. I was in Europe all summer and wore all different types of shoes even heels. I'm used to walking around a lot and enjoy it though so it wasn't hard for me. You can be comfy and look nice at the same time I think. You could get some flats I bought a pair of black lucky brand flats that go with any thing and they are the comfiest things ever.

Bear
Talker
Talker

Post by Bear »

thanks for the advice, breaking in shoes sucks.. LOL I know i had to do that with my sperrys :p

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

Bear wrote:Thanks, yeah I just don't want to look like a tourist LOL.
Ha! My walking boots are plain black leather so you don't really know they are walking boots unless you look at them closely. Plain black walking boots are annoying hard to find though.

BTW, tourists who try not to look like tourists end up looking like tourists! I have spent a lot of my life living in touristy places and we can spot the people who are trying not to look like tourists a mile off! :D

Return to “Shoes”