Learner
Learner

Re: Pretty Pastel Please

Post by NastySkankBitch »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:13 am
vivienne_bloom wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:27 am

This dress looks so bad on her. I cannot decide if I just dislike the dress or if it's just her that looks wrong in it. The facial expressions and orange hair don't help.
And god, the styling with those shoes. Why?

To me the actual dress is stunning but she cheapens the whole look with the raccoon eyelashes, blotchy skin and piss yellow hair and that dress looks expensive af and the taupe clashes with everything
Agreed, love the dress too, but it's butchered by the awful styling choices and doesn't suit her skintone at all.

vivienne_bloom
Learner
Learner

Post by vivienne_bloom »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:13 am
vivienne_bloom wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:27 am

This dress looks so bad on her. I cannot decide if I just dislike the dress or if it's just her that looks wrong in it. The facial expressions and orange hair don't help.
And god, the styling with those shoes. Why?

To me the actual dress is stunning but she cheapens the whole look with the raccoon eyelashes, blotchy skin and piss yellow hair and that dress looks expensive af and the taupe clashes with everything
Agreed, the dress is beautiful. The styling sucks.

vivienne_bloom
Learner
Learner

Post by vivienne_bloom »

...and she's announcing the video on her boob job the way that Apple is announcing their developers conference. Similar sycophantic fans on both sides, I guess :D

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

She bleach it for the fashion week, she doesn't have the patience to wait for the regrow I feel, go the in-middle stage where it's harder for her to be instagramable. Her shorter hair is not super flattering. So, new year, not so new content right now. Her blonde haircut reminds me more of Brigitte Nielsen, but in the fashion week she mostly slick them back without giving them volume unlike Nielsen and Hathaway, I prefer the day 1 version style.

vivienne_bloom
Learner
Learner

Post by vivienne_bloom »

"I want to regrow my natural hair" ... 2 months later: no, bleach! fashion week! supermodel!
Also, the skincare before and after photos had me rolling... she takes a scrunched up expression picture in bad light and "compares" it to a relaxed expression in good lighting. Does she think her audience is that stupid.
Didn't watch past that part because she's been kind of boring lately.

Also, the reaction to people calling her unhinged because she changes her hair color is too funny. People are not calling you unhinged because you change your hair "to express yourself". I have plenty of friends who change their hair color constantly and whose hair looks amazing. I cut my own hair and it looks decent because I spend more than 5 minutes on it and think about how to do it.
We call you unhinged because you do it at 4am, while drunk, and leave on the color for hours before washing it out. Because you don't think for 5 minutes about the color or how to do it and how to mix (or not mix) colors... Geesh.

Strawhats
Learner
Learner

Post by Strawhats »

vivienne_bloom wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:07 am
"I want to regrow my natural hair" ... 2 months later: no, bleach! fashion week! supermodel!
Also, the skincare before and after photos had me rolling... she takes a scrunched up expression picture in bad light and "compares" it to a relaxed expression in good lighting. Does she think her audience is that stupid.

Also, the reaction to people calling her unhinged because she changes her hair color is too funny. People are not calling you unhinged because you change your hair "to express yourself". I have plenty of friends who change their hair color constantly and whose hair looks amazing. I cut my own hair and it looks decent because I spend more than 5 minutes on it and think about how to do it.
We call you unhinged because you do it at 4am, while drunk, and leave on the color for hours before washing it out. Because you don't think for 5 minutes about the color or how to do it and how to mix (or not mix) colors... Geesh.
Her new skincare video is so misleading! The lighting is better this time than the last bs video but in the before she is smiling. Which is fine but smiling does make eye wrinkles more pronounced. And in the after shes purposefully done a relaxed expression to make her undereye as unwrinkled as possible.

And the after is clearly edited because her face is shiny and dewey all over from a face mist but her undereyes where her wrinkles were are matte and smudged. So she has clearly facetuned her eye wrinkles out.

Also skin care doesnt make wrinkles fully and miraculously disappear. What bullshit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Strawhats
Learner
Learner

Post by Strawhats »

Strawhats wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:48 pm

Her new skincare video is so misleading! The lighting is better this time than the last bs video but in the before she is smiling. Which is fine but smiling does make eye wrinkles more pronounced. And in the after shes purposefully done a relaxed expression to make her undereye as unwrinkled as possible.

And the after is clearly edited because her face is shiny and dewey all over from a face mist but her undereyes where her wrinkles were are matte and smudged. So she has clearly facetuned her eye wrinkles out.

Also skin care doesnt make wrinkles fully and miraculously disappear. What bullshit.
She filmed a tiktok in response to what I wrote above. LOL

All it does is prove my point? Alex, I didnt accuse you of facetuning because you had a different expression. I said you were misleading because your first photo shows wrinkles because youre smiling while your second face is relaxed and therefore wrinkles are less prominent. Therefore to use it as a before and after claim is misleading? And I said you facetuned your after photo because your entire face is shiny as fuck except for your wrinkly undereyes. But I don’t expect you to have integrity and not clickbait so…

Also tell me you stalk guru gossip and get mad without telling me you stalk guru gossip and get mad. Go learn to be a better person and treat your bird better. And maybe read things properly before you go off, Alex. Your reading comprehension is shit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chipn dip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by chipn dip »

fuckinell mate, she's looking haggard af, no wnder she's facetuning, she looks like an ageing crackhead

ALR10
Learner
Learner

Post by ALR10 »

Yeah I don’t think I like her anymore, I used to find her fun, honest and candid but now she’s a mess! Content is just shoved together that I get whiplash but how all over the shop it is, she seems either manic, drunk or angry, buys so much shit, she can’t take any criticism whatsoever and attacks people so viciously and there’s more I just cba to type it! She is just nasty now and I think I’m finally gonna have to unfollow and unsub, which does make me a bit sad as I’ve been a viewer since early days of her channel but can’t watch anymore!

TheEternal
Informer
Informer

Post by TheEternal »

She still looks ten years older than what she's supposed to. Doesn't matter what you smear on your face, if you have unhealthy eating and drinking habits (more the drink for her I'm guessing)
She should take those 700 dollars and use it on some decent therapy. She's got some anger management issues.
Also, as others have pointed out: skin care doesn't make wrinkles disappear, it can maybe smooth them temporarily. She probably got botox in her forehead along with her nose and boob job.

Strawhats
Learner
Learner

Post by Strawhats »

Here is her unhinged as fuck meltdown on Instagram for those who didn’t see it.

If one comment calling you out makes you this mad Alex, get off the internet. Maybe if you weren’t such a deceitful and vapid person people wouldnt dislike you.

I cant wait for her pathetic ass to turn this into another “meme” like what she did with “her poor husband”.

ALR10
Learner
Learner

Post by ALR10 »

She has no fashion sense

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

vivienne_bloom wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:07 am

I only saw the thumbnail, bc I'm just over her at this point, but I'd bet that "after" is including some filters too.

Man, I should read the other comments before I post. I guess we're all on the same page 🤣

Boredartist
Learner
Learner

Post by Boredartist »

Okay wow. That response is... unhinged, to put it mildly.

the first set of pics (Smiling vs neutral) was mildly misleading. But I can understand exaggerating the effect for the thumbnail - that's pretty normal. Not condoning it but it's fine. Tons of people do it, but that response is so... wild. You've already got the views, why escalate it? People are gonna talk shit either way, whether it's legit criticism or complaining that your nose is too big just to be a dick.

the second set: indoor bathroom lighting vs cool natural light (the tiktok ones)

am I really supposed to believe that Alex the professional photographer thinks that those are comparable? tf?

Since Alex probably reads here, Hi alex. I used to watch your videos - my first was the chocolate heart video. If one nasty thread gets you from good mood to literally fuming and your day is ruined, maybe lay off the threads? just block the sites or something, idk. You don't have to read here if it triggers you. if someone dms you or something just ignore it? turn off dms? turn off story replies? What is this, middle school? just ignore negative messages and move on.

chipn dip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by chipn dip »

why tf would they read here? I never understand why they do that

this is for us to comment on stuff we don't want to put on their SM for them to see, we are talking amongst ourselves

what kind of narcissist do you have to be to be reading your own trash thread?

vivienne_bloom
Learner
Learner

Post by vivienne_bloom »

Strawhats wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:24 pm
Strawhats wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:48 pm

She filmed a tiktok in response to what I wrote above. LOL

All it does is prove my point? Alex, I didnt accuse you of facetuning because you had a different expression. I said you were misleading because your first photo shows wrinkles because youre smiling while your second face is relaxed and therefore wrinkles are less prominent. Therefore to use it as a before and after claim is misleading? And I said you facetuned your after photo because your entire face is shiny as fuck except for your wrinkly undereyes. But I don’t expect you to have integrity and not clickbait so…

Also tell me you stalk guru gossip and get mad without telling me you stalk guru gossip and get mad. Go learn to be a better person and treat your bird better. And maybe read things properly before you go off, Alex. Your reading comprehension is shit.

Ahahahahahaa!! She is a photographer. She cannot tell me she doesn't realize how easy it is to spot that she's intentionally being misleading. Skincare can do *some*thing for wrinkles. It doesn't make them disappear fully.
And literally, skin looks different when you're washing your face and haven't dried it yet, so having the shine on makes a huge difference as well.
It's like sucking in your stomach in the "after" and bulging it out in a "before" on a workout video.

And to pretend that that picture shows "the same" expression when she's clearly wrinkling her forehead in the first one and not in the second one. Seriously, if you ARE making that same expression and your forehead is not moving up, you probably DID have botox :rofl:
Last edited by vivienne_bloom on Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

vivienne_bloom
Learner
Learner

Post by vivienne_bloom »

chipn dip wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:45 pm
fuckinell mate, she's looking haggard af, no wnder she's facetuning, she looks like an ageing crackhead
She looks rough. It's also hard to hear dissent, when all she gets from her fangirls is "you look amaaaaazing! soooo hotttt! woop"

vivienne_bloom
Learner
Learner

Post by vivienne_bloom »

ALR10 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:13 am
Yeah I don’t think I like her anymore, I used to find her fun, honest and candid but now she’s a mess! Content is just shoved together that I get whiplash but how all over the shop it is, she seems either manic, drunk or angry, buys so much shit, she can’t take any criticism whatsoever and attacks people so viciously and there’s more I just cba to type it! She is just nasty now and I think I’m finally gonna have to unfollow and unsub, which does make me a bit sad as I’ve been a viewer since early days of her channel but can’t watch anymore!
Yes! I've been unsubbed for a while. She clearly wants to have not just the best of both worlds, but, like all the worlds.
She's doing hauls of cheap stuff for her followers, completely ignoring the fact that it's horrible for the world. But then she does a thrifting video or two (where she buys *more* stuff she doesn't really want, which is so NOT the point of sustainably buying fashion...) and thinks she's amazing. All the while slowly getting more into overpriced "well constructed" fashion that's tiktok famous. She has no style but gets to buy all of that expensive stuff that her subscribers probably can't afford from the fact that she leads her followers to buy crap from Shein and other similar places, which earns her money.

vivienne_bloom
Learner
Learner

Post by vivienne_bloom »

Strawhats wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:16 am
Here is her unhinged as fuck meltdown on Instagram for those who didn’t see it.

If one comment calling you out makes you this mad Alex, get off the internet. Maybe if you weren’t such a deceitful and vapid person people wouldnt dislike you.

I cant wait for her pathetic ass to turn this into another “meme” like what she did with “her poor husband”.
This is a pathetic reaction to a needle in a haystack sort of comment, where the hay is 1000s of comments telling her how amazing she is.
Good god.
Also, since she said that about the photo being a screengrab from the video (lower row, middle): the one on top DOES look smudged under the eyes.
and for the love of god, having a shiny layer on your skin makes it look DIFFERENT than having matte skin, Alex. Matte skin emphasizes the appearance of wrinkles. Alex, this sucks. Get help.

vivienne_bloom
Learner
Learner

Post by vivienne_bloom »

Boredartist wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:47 pm
Okay wow. That response is... unhinged, to put it mildly.

the first set of pics (Smiling vs neutral) was mildly misleading. But I can understand exaggerating the effect for the thumbnail - that's pretty normal. Not condoning it but it's fine. Tons of people do it, but that response is so... wild. You've already got the views, why escalate it? People are gonna talk shit either way, whether it's legit criticism or complaining that your nose is too big just to be a dick.

the second set: indoor bathroom lighting vs cool natural light (the tiktok ones)

am I really supposed to believe that Alex the professional photographer thinks that those are comparable? tf?

Since Alex probably reads here, Hi alex. I used to watch your videos - my first was the chocolate heart video. If one nasty thread gets you from good mood to literally fuming and your day is ruined, maybe lay off the threads? just block the sites or something, idk. You don't have to read here if it triggers you. if someone dms you or something just ignore it? turn off dms? turn off story replies? What is this, middle school? just ignore negative messages and move on.

You make so many good points!
It's also fine if she wants to say that a picture cannot convey how much better her skin looks in person or how much better it feels (because that is a HUGE part of skin care. I enjoy the feeling of my skin feeling light and airy and supple, I'm not examining whether or not I have wrinkles and how bad they look, I'm 30 and that's something I can worry about like 20-30 years from now) and that you used the pictures the way you did (dry and scrunched up in before and dewey and relaxed in the other) to emphasize that. Just be honest.

Return to “Pretty Pastel Please”