Pretty Pastel Please

ladyfurrykitten
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pretty Pastel Please

Post by ladyfurrykitten »

ok how in the WORLD did she not realize brandy melville was only one size until people shit on her for buying from it. did she not get the memo seeing only one size in the store??? also i really like how in her newest video she is trying to compare thrifted japanese clothes to brandy melville. does she not realize almost all japanese fashion is only one size. its actually even LESS accessible to most people than brandy melville. ah yes alex, ill just pop over to japan twice a year with my unlimited budget to buy suitcases full of thrifted clothes.

i wish this video would have been like, tailoring thrift store clothes to look like brandy melville. or even another japanese thrift store haul. it would have been more productive and helpful than whatever this was lmao

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

I about died laughing when she said she needed a formal dress for a fancy dinner for her husband's birthday and he rolls up in a wrinkly shirt and stretched out khakis looking like he slept in them.
That Girl!

ladyfurrykitten
Wanderer
Wanderer

who wants to bet her first video of the new year is a yesstyle haul

blue_bear
Learner
Learner

Post by blue_bear »

I know many find Sam soooo good looking and charming but I can’t stand the man! He is always trying to hard, he thinks he is soooooo funny.. ugh!
I don’t watch his videos (I barely watch Alex) but maybe he acts differently in them.. I don’t know.. he’s just too much!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

ICantBelieveImHere
Talker
Talker

Post by ICantBelieveImHere »

Are... are they a throuple? I know sam is her ex or whatever but i just find the dynamic so weird to be ‘just friends’

AnaisWilde
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by AnaisWilde »

Now she's got silkie chickens . What about poor Archie?

AnaisWilde
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by AnaisWilde »

ICantBelieveImHere wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:39 am
Are... are they a throuple? I know sam is her ex or whatever but i just find the dynamic so weird to be ‘just friends’
Sam is a total simp for her!

Dex_Cotton
Informer
Informer

Post by Dex_Cotton »

The docking comment made by her husband when Sam was playing with the vases in a suggestive manner in one of the Thriftmas vids makes me think they might be a MMF throuple. I like being monogamous myself and don't plan on changing but at the same time monogamy is rather boring. To each their own!

Keikochan
Learner
Learner

Post by Keikochan »

There hasn't been a video in ages. Is it like this every year at this time?

ladyfurrykitten
Wanderer
Wanderer

okay her latest video was a good idea but so cringe in execution. all of them acting shocked with what people pulled out as if most of them werent out in the open to begin with. plus her bragging about how much all her stuff was worth and she "didnt even know!!!" especially with the dress she got in japan. can anyone like verify that people are selling that dress for thousands??? it literally just looks like an old nightgown. And with the vase, in the videos she made when she got it i remember her saying it was worth $200 but she upped its worth to over a thousand?? I also think its funny how none of her friends watch her videos

also how long has it been since she moved and she still has stuff in boxes. youd think she would be in more of a hurry to put it away especially when she would need some of it for a video? how many boxes of clothing does she have for her to not be able to find several pairs of shoes

Shiv
Talker
Talker

Post by Shiv »

Oh wow she looks so different without makeup in her newest video.

annushka____
Lurker
Lurker

Post by annushka____ »

She needs to decide whether she's gonna maintain the blond or not, cause her roots look atrocious, but the shade during the pink dying portion is beautiful. She should definitely get that lob though, with some layering to give her hair more volume. I hope her hair isn't that god awful green in the outro right now tho

Valeangel87
Learner
Learner

Post by Valeangel87 »

BitchyBlogger wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:37 am
I really wish she would post her update video about her rhinoplasty/septoplasty... It's been 6 months since her last video on the topic and I'm really interested to see a timeline of results. Her nose looks drastically different in each video, and I'd like to know if she's still disappointed with the results. I don't feel as if the results are bad, although, I think her new nose is not what she anticipated it to be. I fell like she showed the surgeon a 'ski slope/Instagram' nose and said "this please!", when that wasn't achievable with the nose she had.
That kind of nose isn't possible, I think I said this earlier in the thread, the nose she (and others) want they wouldn't be able to breath it would be to thin, to breath better they need to widen the nose, I feel bad for her I believe she had it done because people's where being A-holes about her nose which made her (possible more?) self-conscious and to be honest I personally think her nose was fine before, that being said now am wondering is she trying to look more asian I could be really wrong here just the hair clothes weight (she's really skinny or was the last time I looked) I say this as I knew a girl who wanted surgery to look more anime (big eyes boobs ass fake basically)

(Sorry for the bad grammar my english sucks)

CrackSpidersBish
Informer
Informer

Post by CrackSpidersBish »

^^ Ugh she is the ultimate weeb isn't she? Hadn't realised til you said that.

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

So like, I haven't watched any of her videos in over a year... Just felt like watching some haul videos and... This is gonna be a random ass long rant....

I'm really not into watching the thrifting videos so, anyway, I watched some older haul videos and she's complaining about a $40 skirt being expensive 🤔 and then the more recent ones she's buying $400 dresses that look like she's wearing a vagina and acting like she's going out to fancy dinners every day.

Is she trying to be ritzy? I get she's making enough to buy expensive ass clothes but like... Idk. If I wanted to watch someone buy designer things I'd watch someone who knows how to dress or style their hair.

I feel bad bc I don't hate her, but she needs to get over her serious self confidence issues. It's nice she tells people to not care what others think and to wear what they enjoy, but she's trying to convince herself so much more than trying to convince anyone else. Like, valid advice, but, let it sink into YOUR head.

I think my favorite was when she made a comment about if you're wearing fun, colorful clothes (or something like that) that people will stare and all I could think was, they aren't staring bc you're wearing "fun" clothes, they're staring bc you can't dress yourself and you look like a mess.

Like, ok, setting my age here but, she is the EPITOME of the old JC Penny catalogue. Anyone remember those? In the home section they showed EVERY thing that came in a pattern. Like, they displayed the rooms with every fricken thing with a pattern on it. It was meant to display the options, not as design advice. But... That's what she does. I can't stop laughing but feeling bad when this crosses my mind everytime she's attempting to style by just rolling in her closet and wearing evrything that sticks. I guess when everything is pastel it's easier to match but, girl looks like those granny mints puked on her sometimes and it's a bit much :rofl:

Ok, I'm done. It's just been a Rollercoaster of a few days watching random shit from a year or more that I missed.

ThunderHam
Learner
Learner

Post by ThunderHam »

Yeah, she gave up on fast fashion hauls and sold a bunch of stuff for charity (kinda? Did she ever figure that out?). So thrifting is a way she can do haul/try-on vids without buying 40 new landfill outfits from some sweatshop company.

And yeah, she doesn’t dress in a way that suits her. I have a similar build/coloring, and she is definitely drawn to stuff I avoid. Pastels, bleach blonde, bright white outfits... all that look bad with reddish hair and redhead skin tones. Goth or emo looks... awkward on our coloring. Also, when you’re over 5’5” a lot of fast fashion skirts and dresses are going to be waaaay to short for you. If you can’t sit down without your ass checks touching your chair, then it’s too short.

She should wear whatever she wants, but if she’s going for aspirational/style influencer vids, it’s not working for her. She did a dark academia haul that looked pretty nice on her, though.

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

So I actually started watching the thrift hauls and.... OK... So she just swapped one obsession for another? Clothes for vases?

Look, I shouldn't judge bc I have shopping issues myself, but I'm aware I have issues and shop bc I'm miserable and trying to supplement happiness. She worries ME. Like....

Also, if pastel is he asthetic, why is she rarely wearing it? I get having a range of style but to insist this is your ONE THING and then never wear it? It's ok to say it's your main style but admit you mix it with other things. Idk why she acts like it's the ONLY thing she wears when it's clearly not. It's not gonna ruin your "branding" if your main style is pastel but you admit you wear other things. But she's so weird about it.

ThunderHam
Learner
Learner

Post by ThunderHam »

She does wear it a lot? I think she wears giant tees if she’s just hanging around the house, but her clothing is mostly pastel with some cottage core-esquenstuff, which is pastel adjacent. Plus she has been trying to keep pastel in her hair for the past year...

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

BitchyBlogger wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:49 pm
SnackerdoodleDoo wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:46 am

Is she trying to be ritzy? I get she's making enough to buy expensive ass clothes but like... Idk. If I wanted to watch someone buy designer things I'd watch someone who knows how to dress or style their hair.
She follows trends, especially trends among Gen Z... It's no longer trendy to buy fast fashion and contribute to the destruction of the planet, but it is trendy to support sustainable fashion and therefore thrifting. This extends to the designer fashion too, I suppose. Many of the more expensive brands and clothing items are things that have gone viral on TikTok. She claims everything back as a business expense on tax, though. So, I guess, why not spend $3000 on bougie dresses, even though they will inevitably end up in the graveyard that is her closet.
Makes total sense. Like, I don't mind the thrifting, but when you spend even more money on vases then you did clothes.... I mean.... :roll:

I guess I'm just too old to be down with the cool kid trends :rofl:

Aquietnightmare
Learner
Learner

Post by Aquietnightmare »

So i'm watching her video: DYING MY HAIR PINK HAZELNUT & THRIFT SHOPPING FOR HOLIDAY OUTFITS!!! ETUDE HOUSE HAIR MAKEOVER 2021

First of all alex ur hair is dead pls stop. But also I cant stop you do, fuck me I guess.

Secondly, she goes thrifting for her weekend away, does she not have enough clothes?! She buys so many clothes when she already has so many, although i'm sure shes gunna say she got rid of a load in the move or something. But still, she spends $100 on clothes for a weekend. She has more than enough clothes its getting ridiculous at this point.

And dont get me wrong i understand its her hair and her money but it just winds me right up

Return to “Pretty Pastel Please”