Pretty Pastel Please

Strawhats
Learner
Learner

Re: Pretty Pastel Please

Post by Strawhats »

Nance wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:22 pm
I don't mind Alex and Sam still being friend, but she makes such a spectacle of it. I remember all those "my ex does my makeup" videos, etc, geez, just call him your friend, she make it so awkward that it's hard when Alex talked about how Sam ex-girlfriends were jealous of her and "just don't understand", while she seems like the invasive type of friend that make heavy remarks. I hope Sam is not like Lee Flynn in the Kissing Booth in real life, his girlfriend should be the main character in their relationship.
I get extreme second hand embarrassment from that. I remember one of her most recent videos with Sam was using the ex boyfriend schtick as well. But at this point it’s well known that Sam is her ex, the gag has been used 737273 times over the last how many years?

[/quote]
HereSalem wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:49 pm
Strawhats wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:25 am
I just can’t get behind Michelle. I’ve never been a fan since she wormed her way into the group but she was irritating in the latest haircut video and was incredibly rude to Grace.

However, I did feel bad for her when Alex joked about how Michelle clearly isn’t comfortable with Sam’s being friends with his ex girlfriends. Seems like a fucked up joke to make and then put public in a video.
This stood out to me too. Like wtf. I think Alex secretly likes that Sam is still clearly hung up on her and likes to remind everyone at every opportunity. Poor Michelle. She should cut and run tbh.
I may not be a fan of her but I feel bad that she has essentially joined a group where she is always reminded and compared fo Sam’s ex girlfriends.

Also. I feel like at this point he has had so many ex girlfriends? Does Alex just drive them all away? I wonder if she likes having all this drama around her so she can use it for video clickbait.

eeksorry
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by eeksorry »

Strawhats wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:41 pm
Nance wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:22 pm
I don't mind Alex and Sam still being friend, but she makes such a spectacle of it. I remember all those "my ex does my makeup" videos, etc, geez, just call him your friend, she make it so awkward that it's hard when Alex talked about how Sam ex-girlfriends were jealous of her and "just don't understand", while she seems like the invasive type of friend that make heavy remarks. I hope Sam is not like Lee Flynn in the Kissing Booth in real life, his girlfriend should be the main character in their relationship.
I get extreme second hand embarrassment from that. I remember one of her most recent videos with Sam was using the ex boyfriend schtick as well. But at this point it’s well known that Sam is her ex, the gag has been used 737273 times over the last how many years?
HereSalem wrote:

This stood out to me too. Like wtf. I think Alex secretly likes that Sam is still clearly hung up on her and likes to remind everyone at every opportunity. Poor Michelle. She should cut and run tbh.
I may not be a fan of her but I feel bad that she has essentially joined a group where she is always reminded and compared fo Sam’s ex girlfriends.

Also. I feel like at this point he has had so many ex girlfriends? Does Alex just drive them all away? I wonder if she likes having all this drama around her so she can use it for video clickbait.
[/quote]

Michelle was a viewer/fan of Alex right? It feels so weird how much control Alex has over Sam's life to the point that he can only date one of her fangirls

Praying that she just grows her natural hair back out and sees a professional from now on

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

HereSalem wrote:
Strawhats wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:25 am
I just can’t get behind Michelle. I’ve never been a fan since she wormed her way into the group but she was irritating in the latest haircut video and was incredibly rude to Grace.

However, I did feel bad for her when Alex joked about how Michelle clearly isn’t comfortable with Sam’s being friends with his ex girlfriends. Seems like a fucked up joke to make and then put public in a video.
Honestly wouldn't surprise me. She constantly likes to remind you she DOES POLE DANCING bc she wants people to see her as sexy, so I wouldn't doubt she'd harp on the Sam thing bc it makes her feel attractive. Like, I get trying to help yourself feel more confident, but she's doing it wrong. She needs therapy.

Heksa
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Heksa »

so she spent god knows how much time and money on plants, she was 'so into it'... at the end she was just collecting them but plants are not shoes - you can't leave them alone for a month. So wasteful. Let's see when she will get bored of chickens since they won't bring her view, less recording, easy to forget.... sheesh.

I enjoyed her content at the very beginning but feel I'm watching unstable person now :(

Strawhats
Learner
Learner

Post by Strawhats »

Heksa wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:07 am
so she spent god knows how much time and money on plants, she was 'so into it'... at the end she was just collecting them but plants are not shoes - you can't leave them alone for a month. So wasteful. Let's see when she will get bored of chickens since they won't bring her view, less recording, easy to forget.... sheesh.

I enjoyed her content at the very beginning but feel I'm watching unstable person now :(
I feel like she goes through phases where she focuses on what is popular but doesn’t really like it? I wonder if she even has a personality or if she is just made up of shitty SHEIN hauls.

I can’t believe she spent $500 on plants and just let them die. Also I feel sorry for Archie, he was a favorite accessory until he no longer lived up to her standards.

Heksa
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Heksa »

Strawhats wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:55 am
Heksa wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:07 am

I feel like she goes through phases where she focuses on what is popular but doesn’t really like it? I wonder if she even has a personality or if she is just made up of shitty SHEIN hauls.

I can’t believe she spent $500 on plants and just let them die. Also I feel sorry for Archie, he was a favorite accessory until he no longer lived up to her standards.
Holy, Lokie... if you couldn't keep your pet cause of moving fine - then as soon as possible I would get it back, not get a new pet! Dog was sick.... yea, let him stay with my parents and take him back when he starts to get better. I do not trust people like this

beautifuldisaster082
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by beautifuldisaster082 »

She's at it again. This time trying to remove the black without bleach. There's SO many comments of people being just as sick of this as we are. There was a few that told her to just shave her head and start over. Tbh I think that's the best option at this point. She's hopeless.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

I refuse to give her new video views. It’s ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beautifuldisaster082
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

SylvieMoon wrote:I refuse to give her new video views. It’s ridiculous

I skipped to the end just to see if she had destroyed it but no. I didn't even have the sound on lol I am done with her until she decides to put out different content that isn't her damn hair or try on hauls

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

beautifuldisaster082 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:04 am
SylvieMoon wrote:I refuse to give her new video views. It’s ridiculous

I skipped to the end just to see if she had destroyed it but no. I didn't even have the sound on lol I am done with her until she decides to put out different content that isn't her damn hair or try on hauls
Same, and honestly, it doesn't even look any different than at the start and she thinks we're coming back for part 2 🙄
At this point, I think I'm only still subbed so when I see her trainwreck vids pop up in my reccomended I feel better about cluster fucks in my own life :rofl:

Strawhats
Learner
Learner

Post by Strawhats »

Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:48 am
She's at it again. This time trying to remove the black without bleach. There's SO many comments of people being just as sick of this as we are. There was a few that told her to just shave her head and start over. Tbh I think that's the best option at this point. She's hopeless. Image
There are comments over the last few hair videos from professional hairdressers telling her to quit the bullshit she has been doing. She ignores all of them but spends time replying actual hate with sarcastic little comments. So it’s clear as day that she is doing it for hate views.

I used to love her videos (especially the Japan content). I know she can’t travel at the moment but it is worrying when comparing who she is now to the bubbly red haired girl 3 years ago.

She seems like she needs professional help. All the drinking etc. Also her twitter! The way she talks and replies there is weird.

HereSalem
Debater
Debater

Post by HereSalem »

Strawhats wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:54 pm
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:48 am
She's at it again. This time trying to remove the black without bleach. There's SO many comments of people being just as sick of this as we are. There was a few that told her to just shave her head and start over. Tbh I think that's the best option at this point. She's hopeless. Image
There are comments over the last few hair videos from professional hairdressers telling her to quit the bullshit she has been doing. She ignores all of them but spends time replying actual hate with sarcastic little comments. So it’s clear as day that she is doing it for hate views.
I really think you're right. Like she made this snide little remark about the people asking what happened to her professional hair appointment - "um, there's this little thing called 20,000 COVID cases per day" yeah thanks we all know that. Why did you ever say you had an appointment then? And anyway, staying at home doesn't mean she can't follow the professional advice she's been getting in the comments (since she's clearly hatereading them all), or at the very least order a pair of damn hairdressing scissors instead of fucking sheep shears and dog clippers. I think she knows EXACTLY how annoying and stupid it is that she's done two years worth of haircuts with a blunt pair of miniature dog clippers, and she's just trying to get a reaction out of viewers. There's no way she'll ever do a decent home cut and she knows it, yet she acts like she's doing so much research and genuinely trying to get a good result.

Strawhats
Learner
Learner

Post by Strawhats »

HereSalem wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:03 am

I really think you're right. Like she made this snide little remark about the people asking what happened to her professional hair appointment - "um, there's this little thing called 20,000 COVID cases per day" yeah thanks we all know that. Why did you ever say you had an appointment then? And anyway, staying at home doesn't mean she can't follow the professional advice she's been getting in the comments (since she's clearly hatereading them all), or at the very least order a pair of damn hairdressing scissors instead of fucking sheep shears and dog clippers. I think she knows EXACTLY how annoying and stupid it is that she's done two years worth of haircuts with a blunt pair of miniature dog clippers, and she's just trying to get a reaction out of viewers. There's no way she'll ever do a decent home cut and she knows it, yet she acts like she's doing so much research and genuinely trying to get a good result.
You’re absolutely right. Just because there are 20000 cases a day doesn’t mean she has to then go and cut her hair with sheep shears and dog clippers?

She just does stupid stuff maliciously? Just to get a rise out of her viewers. If she was really this dumb I would be less annoyed but she knows what she is doing. It is her hair after all, but if her take on good content is riling up her audience who just want to support her then I don’t think highly of her.

beautifuldisaster082
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Strawhats wrote:
HereSalem wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:03 am

You’re absolutely right. Just because there are 20000 cases a day doesn’t mean she has to then go and cut her hair with sheep shears and dog clippers?

She just does stupid stuff maliciously? Just to get a rise out of her viewers. If she was really this dumb I would be less annoyed but she knows what she is doing. It is her hair after all, but if her take on good content is riling up her audience who just want to support her then I don’t think highly of her.
That's what pisses me off. She knows exactly what she's doing, yet she doesn't seem to care that this 'content' she's been putting out for the last few months sucks. No one cares anymore. I think most people hate watch the hair videos and the idiots who actually care watch the clothing hauls. She really needs to think of something else. Unless her husband makes damn good money and she can afford to quit YouTube, her channel will fall apart real soon. It's already starting to at this rate, and if she's got other issues she needs to talk to someone. Especially about the drinking habits.

eeksorry
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by eeksorry »

I'm getting more and more concerned that the all-nighters and staying up until 6AM hacking at her hair and binge drinking is just presented as quirky and goofy and "life of a YouTuber!". One of the most privileged professions with full control of your schedule and this is how you manage your time? Her mental health is spiralling and any acknowledgement or concern is dismissed as a hate comment

beautifuldisaster082
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

eeksorry wrote:I'm getting more and more concerned that the all-nighters and staying up until 6AM hacking at her hair and binge drinking is just presented as quirky and goofy and "life of a YouTuber!". One of the most privileged professions with full control of your schedule and this is how you manage your time? Her mental health is spiralling and any acknowledgement or concern is dismissed as a hate comment
It makes me wonder why. Is it because of all the events that have taken place the past two years? Is it because she's having a mid life crisis at 29? Whatever it is she needs to talk to someone. I do think Sam has some to do with it. It feels like she still has strong feelings for him and maybe regrets marrying Dan? Or she's just jealous that he's been dating other girls and not giving her the attention she's used to from both of them. Idk, I haven't been a long time viewer of hers so I'm not really familiar with their relationship, or hers and Dan's. Other than he seems to be a doting husband and is okay with her being a stay at home wife with a YouTube channel, who ruined her hair for views.

ayylmao
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ayylmao »

I've noticed numerous mistreatment of her bird and with her last video I've had enough. She sat next to his cage for a period of time with strong hair color remover in. And in the past has showered and washed her hair and hair colors out with him in there. Birds are incredibly sensitive to chemicals, scents, essential oils and things in body products. I thought she really loved him and knew about birds but this is pure neglet and she should know better. Poor Archie I hope he doesnt develop respiratory problems from this.
Profesional Hater, nothing personal kid.

HereSalem
Debater
Debater

Post by HereSalem »

So many questions from this video.

She was so prickly and defensive. Talking about people's comments, trying to justify stuff... she's getting blasted for being constantly idiotic and it's clearly bugging her this time. She insisted all along that she's had the time of her life doing all this crazy stuff to her hair and she's always wanted to experiment, but then in this video she FINALLY admits that she regrets everything and it was a mistake to bleach her hair for the first time 2 years ago, leading to this whole mess. Well, at least she's being honest.

I facepalmed when she 'experimented' by putting the colour remover on Archie's shed feathers. Um, girl?? I don't even have pet birds and even I know that green and blue feather colour is structural, not pigmented. The feathers are composed in a way that reflects a certain spectrum of light; if you ground down Archie's feathers, they would not make a green powder. It's not a dye you can wash out chemically. How can she be a bird OWNER and not know anything about them?

It only just occurred to me, why does she always rinse her hair in the kitchen sink?? This is another weird choice like her insistence on using the the dog grooming scissors, that I'm convinced she's doing it just to be annoying. She has a huge house with a big bathroom and shower, if the remover needs to be rinsed out for 20 minutes, why not just go stand in the shower? Why does she always have her head stuck under the faucet in the kitchen?? God I shouldn't be so annoyed by it but I am. Why does she make these stupid decisions?

Finally, she announces going to try on wigs while the colour remover is still in her hair. UM. All she has is a bit of seran wrap over her head, and bits of treated hair are poking out the bottom. No matter now careful she is, chemicals are going to get on the wigs. She won't be able to return them if they're damaged, and if she actually likes them she could ruin them before she even gets to wear them properly. This is just common sense. Is she dumb!?

The only thing I liked about this video was the cute Archie interaction. He's really funny and sweet. Although she did say she was going to treat her hair away from him because of his delicate lungs, and then was sitting in front of him with it on her hair anyway, so I don't know what happened there.

Honestly I came away from the whole thing with the impression that she is just kind of... not bright.

eeksorry
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by eeksorry »

Did you guys see her latest IG post? She basically calls out everyone who has been concerned for her mental health over the whole hair ordeal (basically calling us all sexist lol) because she was more mentally unwell in 2017 but nobody said anything because she looked good physically. Not sure how to embed an image sorry but the post is still up to go look at.

I feel like she must read this thread? I do feel a bit bad for her, but at the same time I'm legitimately concerned for her and I feel that she's promoting a really toxic lifestyle of staying up all night, hoarding, binge drinking etc beyond even the hair stuff! But at the same time with her hair I find it hard to believe that treating a part of her body with such an IDGAF attitude is mentally healthy. I continue to not get why rich YouTubers refuse to use their money to invest in themselves 😩

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I know people who rince their hair in kitchen sink (my 2 aunts do this, my cousin too)... but I don't know anyone who would wash their hair 3-5+ times in a row. It's like "me want result NOW", not letting her hair rest a little bit.

She takes negative / mean /criticism comments badly from the start her yt career and didn't change. Like I've said, her motto on her banner "the bird stays" was in response of comments on finding the bird annoying...

Return to “Pretty Pastel Please”